Hodd Barnes & Dickins Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hodd Barnes & Dickins
Read Hodd Barnes & Dickins Reviews

About Hodd Barnes & Dickins:

Hodd Barnes & Dickins Holborn is one of the oldest opticians in London serving the professional community. With our state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained team of optometrists, we can provide the most comprehensive eye test in London, as well as in-depth and thorough consultation concerning your eye health.

holborn@hoddbarnesdickins.co.uk

94 High Holborn

I’m genuinely impressed by this firm and can’t recommend them highly enough. At seventy-two years of age I’ve needed spectacles for around twenty years. I’ve moved around a lot so only discovered Hodd, Barnes & Dickens a couple of years ago: I wish I’d known them since the beginning! Deteriorating sight is scary as well as inconvenient but these people are so professional, patient, thorough and generous with their knowledge & expertise that you soon feel reassured and in trustworthy hands. In addition to attentive optometrists, the shop is calm and attractive and well appointed with equipment. The icing on the cake is a comprehensive and elegant range of eyewear, which you can browse as much as you like without ever feeling pressured to buy. You won’t regret your visit!
When I originally was searching for a particular brand (Lunor) around London Mr Abbas was quick to reply and offered a great service. When we arrived in the shop several weeks later we were immediately recognised Based on my previous emails and we given a very good service. We eventually decided another brand and and the measuring service was excellent. I would definitely come back and advice others to use the shop.
Fast friendly service, highly recommended
Professional, friendly and flexible. Worked around what I wanted, while advising on what I needed.

Will use them again next time and happy to recommend them to others.
Very professional, helpful and friendly.
Great service and selection
Fantastic service.
Brilliant service in store, also brilliant customer care and all round a very great customer experience. If I have any questions about glasses in the future I know exactly who I'll be calling!
I am 100% satisfied so far. Even in this difficult times the team provided a great service and a save environment, a large selection of glasses of my brand (Lindbergh) and they managed to keep the promised delivery time. Clear recommendation.
I ordered contact lenses needed at short notice. Abbas was able to have them delivered in 72hours. Great service!
Abbas at HBD was so brilliant when I lost my glasses during the lockdown - not only did he find me an appointment the same day, he also helped me choose new frames and fitted my lenses in about twenty minutes! I can’t recommend this optician more highly. It is such a relief to be able to see again and so very quickly. Abbas was completely professional about hygiene and social distancing, too, so I felt very safe at all times. Thanks so much for a great, incredibly fast service!
The service from Abbas at Hodd Barnes and Dickins has been genuinely outstanding. In the midst of the coronavirus lockdown, when my wife broke her glasses and was self-isolating out of London, Abbas was amazingly helpful in sending photos of glasses, making recommendations and posting them off for us and in arranging payment. We haven’t yet gone in to meet him to say thank you but he has invited my wife to go in for adjustments if needed and the overall level of service (and quality of product) has been excellent. We are so grateful for all the help and generosity of spirit he has shown us. Quality product, amazing service, wonderful person. Thank you.
Ordered much needed anti reflective glasses that I needed in a hurry. I found the right place. Abbas was very positive and personable. He reassured me that that was possible. I sent a photo of the type of glasses I usually liked to wear and he sent a choice that were similar. I sent my prescription, and the next day they were sent first class and arrived for my emergency meeting online, on time. All the time Abbas kept me informed as to when they were sent and when they should arrive. I was told by one of the ‘big high street opticians that a two day turn around was not possible but for HB&D it was no problem at all. I love my glasses and will go and visit them when COVID is over. All the best and good on you for providing such a good service and taking pride in what you do.
Fantastic service from Abbas he picked up and delivered back my perfect pair of glasses same day . Due to me being high risk For the virus I didn’t want to travel or go to the shop. Very grateful indeed as I lost my other pair by accident. Definitely recommend best optician in London!
Amazing service during lockdown!!! My glasses broke and Abbas at HB &D managed to get me replacement glasses within a few days. I am so so grateful. Thank you, Fiona
Excellent service, as ever. Abbas repaired my glasses quickly and efficiently and posted them back to me.
Friendly, patient, really knowledgeable opticians working with amazing optometry equipment resulted in a pair of glasses that fit me perfectly in every way – frame and lenses. Big thank you, to all at Hodd Barnes & Dickins High Holborn!
Unusual request to mend broken specs in lockdown (Caused by 18-yr-old son smashing a football into my face!), met proactively and with creativity. Abbas was excellent. The world is now back in focus.
Hodd Barnes & Dickon, were very helpful, fast and affable when I managed to break my glasses. They had me seeing better than ever in no time. Thank you, SC
It’s the combination of Impeccable expertise and knowledge with exceptional customer services which makes Hodd Barnes & Dickens so fantastic. I found this establishment years ago by chance and although I now have to travel quite far to get there now,I feel that it is definitely worth it. I’ve never found another opticians practice which was anywhere near as good . I know I can trust them 100% and I have always left extremely happy with the service they provide. The team are highly professional yet also lovely and friendly, often going out of their way to accommodate you if needs be. I couldn’t recommend them enough.
Hodd Barnes & Dickins is rated 4.94 based on 185 reviews