Hodd Barnes & Dickins Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Hodd Barnes & Dickins

holborn@hoddbarnesdickins.co.uk

94 High Holborn

How would you rate Hodd Barnes & Dickins ?

Robert Hanley
Verified Buyer
"Friendly and professional service. Prompt in delivering results"
Hugh Paton
Verified Buyer
"I was very pleasantly impressed by the service I received from all the staff at High Holborn. The eye test was by far the most thorough I have ever had in nearly 60 years of wearing specs; advice on lenses and freestyle was excellent; the new (Lindberg) specs fitted perfectly on arrival. Very satisfactory so far. Thanks very much."
Sven-Olof Jansson
Verified Buyer
"The examination and evaluation of my visual impairment and its subsequent translation into a subscription for updated glasses was conducted professionally, with knowledge, diligence, and with use of state of the art equipment. All of my personal preferences were met, and I was presented with a time plan which was kept to. Before contacting me on that my glasses were ready to be picked up, they were checked for compliance with the prescription. In this process, a minute, nonsignificant, deviation was discovered, of which I was immediately informed, and the glasses were returned for adjustment, I truly appreciate this attitude of taking responsibility. At every interaction I have been met with politeness and the outmost service mindedness. All in all, my two new set of lenses and one pair of glasses have been excellent value for money"
Kathleen Jones
Verified Buyer
"I think the H and B are very professional but I do question the value of the service. I dont mind paying a premium for my eyeware but I do expect that my regular patronage is acknowledge and some discount offered. I have spent nearly £3000 in less than a few months on 3 pairs of glasses and |I was told that no discount as a regular customer would be given. I pair of glasses is completely useless and I cant use them. I don't think I will be back."
Carol Honey
Verified Buyer
"Helpful, knowledgable and friendly staff. I wouldn't go anywhere else now I have found them!"
Jane De Swiet
Verified Buyer
"Very efficient. Served punctually and always felt professionals looking after me from my first phone call asking about Silhouette glasses. So grateful to have glasses I can see through and that my recent prescription was checked and found to be inaccurate. I will certainly return when I need further help. At all times the staff were unfailingly courteous. As I have advanced glaucoma this level of care is hugely important to the quality if my life. My lack of peripheral vision was taken into consideration at every stage. The only complaint is the white floor and stairs are difficult if you have my problems. I can't see the edge of the steps!"
Nicholas Clark
Verified Buyer
"As ever, very personal and attentive care, taking the time and energy to be exceptionally thorough and personable. Exemplary service."
Elizabeth Redmond
Verified Buyer
"I have had a very long association with Hodd Barnes & Dickens Holborn. They take an interest in personal relationships and provide a warm friendly welcome in which to provide the best eyecare."
"All of the team were friendly, helpful and professional"
Jill Smith
Verified Buyer
"they had a wonderful selection of frames and there was no pressure on my to buy, but they were very helpful. My new spectacles arrived within one week."
Mark Winpenny
Verified Buyer
"I have quite a high prescription and the High Street chains which have served me well over the last 30 years or so just weren't providing me with the service I now required with age related issues. I did some research and found that Hodd Barnes & Dickins worked with leading lens manufacturers to proved a bespoke service for people like me - high prescription short sightedness varifocals. The initial consultation was very thorough and they explained the options and what style of frames would be suitable for my prescription. I the end I chose two pairs - one optimised for working at my PCs and one for general wear. I am pleased with the outcome - especially with my general glasses as they suggested a different style to what I would have normally chosen - a more round lens which helps reduce the lens edge thickness. These glasses were not cheap when compared to the High Street chains but for me in my situation it has been money well spent."
"Great service, very attentive, outstandingly professional - extremely expensive."
Pamela Johnston
Verified Buyer
"Super service from very friendly, professional staff, and a great range of frames to choose from. My opticians of choice!"
"I’ve been attending this practice for all my eye care since 1982. Thirty-five years of professional, friendly, efficient service with the same optician. I don’t know what I’ll do when he retires!"
Myriam Laplanche
Verified Buyer
"Professional team, focused on finding the glasses that suit your needs specifically. The team helped me find glasses perfect for my budget and my face."
Hamza Walji
Verified Buyer
"Great service, good team. Always made me feel welcome and gave me the best advice for my eye care. Would highly recommend Hodd Barnes & Dickins."
"All the staff here are so helpful and knowledgeable. I have visited this practice several times and have seen three different opthalmologists all of whom were kind, caring and really well qualified. They were able to diagnose my various eye problems (dry eye, infection etc) and that was after a consultant in an eye clinic in a North London hospital was unable to help me and discharged me. I thought i was on my own and turned to this practice for help. They did not let me down. In order to confirm a diagnosis of a cataract in one eye one of the practitioners here sent me along to the Western Eye hospital (also great). This practice is still monitoring me and i will see them again after another appointment at the Western. I can't recommend this practice too highly. The opthalmologists are caring, professional experts who looked after me brilliantly. Nothing was too much trouble for them. i'm so grateful for their help and patience."
Vivienne English
Verified Buyer
"By being such a good service"
"Great selection and service."
"It was easy to book an appointment. I knew beforehand I needed to start wearing varifocals but was concerned about getting use to them, the optician explained how the lenses work and that with the correct lenses and frame sizes you can adjust to them straightaway. Two of the staff helped me choose my new frames. When I picked them up apart from no longer having to take my glasses off to look at my phone I couldn’t tell I was wearing varifocals and had no issues with getting use to the new lenses. They also gave my old glasses a maintenance check and will take any old pairs of specs you have for charity. Overall very pleased with the service and I found the staff very helpful. I have had loads of nice compliments on my new frames. I would recommend them to friends."
Hodd Barnes & Dickins is rated 4.93 based on 97 reviews