Hodd Barnes & Dickins Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hodd Barnes & Dickins
Read Hodd Barnes & Dickins Reviews

About Hodd Barnes & Dickins:

Hodd Barnes & Dickins Holborn is one of the oldest opticians in London serving the professional community. With our state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained team of optometrists, we can provide the most comprehensive eye test in London, as well as in-depth and thorough consultation concerning your eye health.

holborn@hoddbarnesdickins.co.uk

94 High Holborn

Abbas at HBD was so brilliant when I lost my glasses during the lockdown - not only did he find me an appointment the same day, he also helped me choose new frames and fitted my lenses in about twenty minutes! I can’t recommend this optician more highly. It is such a relief to be able to see again and so very quickly. Abbas was completely professional about hygiene and social distancing, too, so I felt very safe at all times. Thanks so much for a great, incredibly fast service!
The service from Abbas at Hodd Barnes and Dickins has been genuinely outstanding. In the midst of the coronavirus lockdown, when my wife broke her glasses and was self-isolating out of London, Abbas was amazingly helpful in sending photos of glasses, making recommendations and posting them off for us and in arranging payment. We haven’t yet gone in to meet him to say thank you but he has invited my wife to go in for adjustments if needed and the overall level of service (and quality of product) has been excellent. We are so grateful for all the help and generosity of spirit he has shown us. Quality product, amazing service, wonderful person. Thank you.
Ordered much needed anti reflective glasses that I needed in a hurry. I found the right place. Abbas was very positive and personable. He reassured me that that was possible. I sent a photo of the type of glasses I usually liked to wear and he sent a choice that were similar. I sent my prescription, and the next day they were sent first class and arrived for my emergency meeting online, on time. All the time Abbas kept me informed as to when they were sent and when they should arrive. I was told by one of the ‘big high street opticians that a two day turn around was not possible but for HB&D it was no problem at all. I love my glasses and will go and visit them when COVID is over. All the best and good on you for providing such a good service and taking pride in what you do.
Fantastic service from Abbas he picked up and delivered back my perfect pair of glasses same day . Due to me being high risk For the virus I didn’t want to travel or go to the shop. Very grateful indeed as I lost my other pair by accident. Definitely recommend best optician in London!
Amazing service during lockdown!!! My glasses broke and Abbas at HB &D managed to get me replacement glasses within a few days. I am so so grateful. Thank you, Fiona
Excellent service, as ever. Abbas repaired my glasses quickly and efficiently and posted them back to me.
Friendly, patient, really knowledgeable opticians working with amazing optometry equipment resulted in a pair of glasses that fit me perfectly in every way – frame and lenses. Big thank you, to all at Hodd Barnes & Dickins High Holborn!
Unusual request to mend broken specs in lockdown (Caused by 18-yr-old son smashing a football into my face!), met proactively and with creativity. Abbas was excellent. The world is now back in focus.
Hodd Barnes & Dickon, were very helpful, fast and affable when I managed to break my glasses. They had me seeing better than ever in no time. Thank you, SC
It’s the combination of Impeccable expertise and knowledge with exceptional customer services which makes Hodd Barnes & Dickens so fantastic. I found this establishment years ago by chance and although I now have to travel quite far to get there now,I feel that it is definitely worth it. I’ve never found another opticians practice which was anywhere near as good . I know I can trust them 100% and I have always left extremely happy with the service they provide. The team are highly professional yet also lovely and friendly, often going out of their way to accommodate you if needs be. I couldn’t recommend them enough.
Amazing! Called to order urgent glasses and had them in two days, and I have an unusual prescription!
They are really lovely and the staff advised me in styles and shapes.
Can’t recommend these guys enough.
I went to Hodd Barnes & Dickins because my glasses were broken and needed to be fixed. They were extremely kind and willing to help. Next time I have to change my glasses I will rely on Hodd Barnes & Dickins.
Abbas was very kind and efficient in helping me with my spectacles, despite the difficulties caused by the corvid-19 pandemic - many thanks Abbas
I was so impressed with the service. Very professional and the glasses were made up quickly which is what we needed in the circumstances. I would highly recommend them.
I’ve been going to Hodd Barnes & Dickins for several years now and the service is excellent, people are friendly and the quality of glasses is high. Fully recommend them to anyone.
Always helpful; staff are friendly and try to provide what the customer wants, so the glasses are good and at a price that suits the buyer's purse. Staff are interested in developments in ophthalmology so I get the latest technology for testing my eyes.
I’ve been a customer at the Holborn store since 2018 and I don’t think I’ll ever need to go elsewhere. Their service is professional, precise personable and friendly in all that they do. I have my annual exams done there and I get my frames and prescriptions filled. They are always to help and I am really happy with the level of service provided!
Great service you don't find around much anymore! Thorough eye exams, always very flexible with my contact lens orders and Abbas just saved me in COVID isolation by getting another shipment over in less than a week! Legends
Good service
Overall, an excellent and very professional service. The eye examination is very thorough and reassuring; and the advice given on eye health is always very helpful. When I come to renew my glasses, the choice of frames is also very good too.
Hodd Barnes & Dickins is rated 4.93 based on 175 reviews