Hodd Barnes & Dickins Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hodd Barnes & Dickins
Read Hodd Barnes & Dickins Reviews

About Hodd Barnes & Dickins:

Hodd Barnes & Dickins Holborn is one of the oldest opticians in London serving the professional community. With our state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained team of optometrists, we can provide the most comprehensive eye test in London, as well as in-depth and thorough consultation concerning your eye health.

holborn@hoddbarnesdickins.co.uk

94 High Holborn

I was very impressed with the high quality service provided from an extensive eye test and health check to support with choosing new glasses. Highly recommended
Excellent in every sense. The profeesional service and the high quality of glasses.
Amazing staff and customer service! Definitely recommend.
I needed glasses…. Like many I was looking for the right opticians. What did that mean? If I was going to get glasses for the first time then what was the best way to get the best solution for me? So I can kept it simple, I wanted the best in class science, technology and testing matched with professional and qualified expertise. Lastly like most customers I wanted a personal service that values my custom. I live in London and the inevitable online search left me with a veritable list of qualified candidates right on my doorstep – how do I choose? Testimonials helped although it is always hard to gauge if they are from like-minded people. In the end it was a judgement call, a gut call. I got lucky! My choice had it all - Hodd, Barnes & Dickens have the technology, testing, qualifications and service I was looking for. I cannot speak highly enough of their very personable and professional service. You feel like you are dealing with an old school family business that truly values your custom and cares that you have the best possible product for your eyes. Abbas has the skills and experience and lovely touch that leaves you with confidence you will have the perfect lens for your eyes. Maya was the best, she dealt with the ‘difficult customer’ brilliantly. I said no to the first 12 pairs of frames and stated that if I didn’t find a pair I liked then there would be no sale – she was courteous, professional and very personable in dealing with my specific demands and found me the perfect frame. She then was super-efficient and had frames and lenses ordered and delivered in half the forecast time; during Covid and Brexit!. She then spent another 45 minutes with me making sure they fitted perfectly – all in all an enjoyable experience start to finish from a very professional and yet personable team. If you want best in class opticians go to Hodd, Barnes & Dickens.
Great service and very attentive and professional. They gave sound advice for options of glasses and styles. I would definitely recommend this company and will buy from them again.
I have been a customer of opticians Hodd Barnes and Dickins for over 7 years and I am always impressed by their professional service. The staff are always friendly and eager to help even with minor issues. Five stars for service.
All staff are extremely helpful and have a genuine care in you. Would highly recommend
Exceptional range of quality products, reassuringly knowledgeable and customer service that went way beyond that expected in an emergency situation I had during lockdown. I have used them for several years and would strongly recommend. John McKinlay
This is the best opticians in London. All the staff were extremely polite, helpful and attentive and provided an amazing service. I had my eye test conducted quickly, professionally and at an extremely reasonable price especially considering the Central London location. Abbas then checked my prescription from my previous opticians and made new lenses that were much more comfortable for me. I would definitely recommend Hodd Barnes & Dickins Opticians.
I had previously tried 4 opticians to get a good pair of glasses, to no avail and a lot of expense. Finally I discovered Hodd Barnes and Dickins. I have a high prescription and need an opticians who can provide me with the best prescription as well as having the thinnest lenses. I was shown some amazing frames and finally I have a stylish pair of glasses that fit perfectly and also take into account my astigmatism. I am a very happy glasses wearer now!
Excellent personal service given by employees who have been working at HBD for 10+ years and really know their glasses.
It was a very nice experience to get my prescription and great new glasses at HBD. Excellent communication with friendly and professional staff. Thanks to Abbas and the team.
Despite being in a rush and having not booked an appointment prior; the staff were super helpful, friendly, patient AND able to prepare my prescription all within the space of 30 minutes. The most gorgeous selection of glasses and lovely team to help me choose! Thank you!
I had a recent eye exam at the Holborn branch. The eye exam was very thorough. The staff are all very friendly and the Optometrist was really kind, gentle and patiently answered all my questions. The staff were very helpful, in finding me a frame that suited me and that was in my budget. it was all very covid safe. The staff were also very helpful in completing a form I had from work for our reimbursement scheme.
Really friendly and knowledgeable staff. The eye test is very thorough and they explain in detail any changes to the health of the eye. The lenses I ordered for my glasses are of a really good quality and nice and lightweight.
My glasses test was conducted by Lucy and she was very though but efficient throughout. They were also great help when it came to choosing lenses, which these days is quite a complicated business. I highly recommend.
I'm so happy for discovering Hodd, Barnes & Dickins in Holborn years ago, when looking for a place in London that would sell Lindberg frames. I'm again a happy owner of perfect new varifocal transitions glasses with my all time favourite frames & Hoya lenses. It was a wonderful experience of breeze of "normality" to visit HBD in the middle of this pandemic - I felt so safe both in terms of being able to trust their team in getting high quality glasses, and regarding the Covid-19 related restrictions/guidelines being applied at all times. The customer service at HBD is absolutely outstanding, all the staff are so very friendly and professional. Thanks a million.
Just a massive thanks to the team, they helped sort an issue out with my Lindberg frames rather then just selling me a new frame which they could easily have done, the interesting thing to note was they are not my opticians, but went out of their way to help, great communication throughout. A massive thanks to Richard and Abbas in particular.
Outstanding customer service! I needed to replace the gel frame socks on my Oakley prescription glasses. I contacted Oakley but didn’t get a response. I then visited a Vision Express store, where I originally got my glasses, to order them but never heard back from them after promising me to let me know either way. On a friend’s suggestion, I emailed Hodd Barnes & Dickins and after less than 2 weeks I got them! Throughout the process they well so helpful, professional and pleasant to deal with. Thank you Abbas!
I needed prescription sunglasses urgently as I’d booked a getaway at very short notice. I wasn’t a customer of HBD before but called them on a Sunday at 2pm and had seen the optician and picked glasses by 4pm! They were ready for Wednesday, a day ahead of my holiday
Hodd Barnes & Dickins is rated 4.94 based on 205 reviews