Hodd Barnes & Dickins Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hodd Barnes & Dickins
Read Hodd Barnes & Dickins Reviews

About Hodd Barnes & Dickins:

Hodd Barnes & Dickins Holborn is one of the oldest opticians in London serving the professional community. With our state-of-the-art equipment and highly trained team of optometrists, we can provide the most comprehensive eye test in London, as well as in-depth and thorough consultation concerning your eye health.

holborn@hoddbarnesdickins.co.uk

94 High Holborn

All staff are extremely helpful and have a genuine care in you. Would highly recommend
Exceptional range of quality products, reassuringly knowledgeable and customer service that went way beyond that expected in an emergency situation I had during lockdown. I have used them for several years and would strongly recommend.

John McKinlay
This is the best opticians in London. All the staff were extremely polite, helpful and attentive and provided an amazing service. I had my eye test conducted quickly, professionally and at an extremely reasonable price especially considering the Central London location. Abbas then checked my prescription from my previous opticians and made new lenses that were much more comfortable for me. I would definitely recommend Hodd Barnes & Dickins Opticians.
I had previously tried 4 opticians to get a good pair of glasses, to no avail and a lot of expense. Finally I discovered Hodd Barnes and Dickins. I have a high prescription and need an opticians who can provide me with the best prescription as well as having the thinnest lenses. I was shown some amazing frames and finally I have a stylish pair of glasses that fit perfectly and also take into account my astigmatism. I am a very happy glasses wearer now!
Excellent personal service given by employees who have been working at HBD for 10+ years and really know their glasses.
It was a very nice experience to get my prescription and great new glasses at HBD. Excellent communication with friendly and professional staff. Thanks to Abbas and the team.
Despite being in a rush and having not booked an appointment prior; the staff were super helpful, friendly, patient AND able to prepare my prescription all within the space of 30 minutes.
The most gorgeous selection of glasses and lovely team to help me choose!
Thank you!
I had a recent eye exam at the Holborn branch. The eye exam was very thorough. The staff are all very friendly and the Optometrist was really kind, gentle and patiently answered all my questions. The staff were very helpful, in finding me a frame that suited me and that was in my budget. it was all very covid safe.

The staff were also very helpful in completing a form I had from work for our reimbursement scheme.
Really friendly and knowledgeable staff. The eye test is very thorough and they explain in detail any changes to the health of the eye. The lenses I ordered for my glasses are of a really good quality and nice and lightweight.
My glasses test was conducted by Lucy and she was very though but efficient throughout. They were also great help when it came to choosing lenses, which these days is quite a complicated business. I highly recommend.
I'm so happy for discovering Hodd, Barnes & Dickins in Holborn years ago, when looking for a place in London that would sell Lindberg frames. I'm again a happy owner of perfect new varifocal transitions glasses with my all time favourite frames & Hoya lenses. It was a wonderful experience of breeze of "normality" to visit HBD in the middle of this pandemic - I felt so safe both in terms of being able to trust their team in getting high quality glasses, and regarding the Covid-19 related restrictions/guidelines being applied at all times. The customer service at HBD is absolutely outstanding, all the staff are so very friendly and professional. Thanks a million.
Just a massive thanks to the team, they helped sort an issue out with my Lindberg frames rather then just selling me a new frame which they could easily have done, the interesting thing to note was they are not my opticians, but went out of their way to help, great communication throughout. A massive thanks to Richard and Abbas in particular.
Outstanding customer service! I needed to replace the gel frame socks on my Oakley prescription glasses. I contacted Oakley but didn’t get a response. I then visited a Vision Express store, where I originally got my glasses, to order them but never heard back from them after promising me to let me know either way.

On a friend’s suggestion, I emailed Hodd Barnes & Dickins and after less than 2 weeks I got them!
Throughout the process they well so helpful, professional and pleasant to deal with.
Thank you Abbas!
I needed prescription sunglasses urgently as I’d booked a getaway at very short notice. I wasn’t a customer of HBD before but called them on a Sunday at 2pm and had seen the optician and picked glasses by 4pm! They were ready for Wednesday, a day ahead of my holiday
I’m genuinely impressed by this firm and can’t recommend them highly enough. At seventy-two years of age I’ve needed spectacles for around twenty years. I’ve moved around a lot so only discovered Hodd, Barnes & Dickens a couple of years ago: I wish I’d known them since the beginning! Deteriorating sight is scary as well as inconvenient but these people are so professional, patient, thorough and generous with their knowledge & expertise that you soon feel reassured and in trustworthy hands. In addition to attentive optometrists, the shop is calm and attractive and well appointed with equipment. The icing on the cake is a comprehensive and elegant range of eyewear, which you can browse as much as you like without ever feeling pressured to buy. You won’t regret your visit!
When I originally was searching for a particular brand (Lunor) around London Mr Abbas was quick to reply and offered a great service. When we arrived in the shop several weeks later we were immediately recognised Based on my previous emails and we given a very good service. We eventually decided another brand and and the measuring service was excellent. I would definitely come back and advice others to use the shop.
Fast friendly service, highly recommended
Professional, friendly and flexible. Worked around what I wanted, while advising on what I needed.

Will use them again next time and happy to recommend them to others.
Very professional, helpful and friendly.
Great service and selection