Helen Tudor Psychology Reviews

of reviewers recommend Helen Tudor Psychology
Read Helen Tudor Psychology Reviews

3 Paris Parklands, Railton Road

Tell us how Helen Tudor Psychology made you happy
Helen was friendly, sympathetic and very knowledgeable. Our EMDR sessions have made a huge positive difference to my quality of life, dramatically reducing symptoms of PTSD. I would highly recommend her.
Amazing experience with Helen, I felt comfortable from the first session and she has helped me tremendously. I am very grateful to her for her time, expertise and care
I can honestly say working with Helen is the best thing that's ever happened to me. Within the space of a few months she's helped me change the way I see myself completely. I feel like a new person. I went from being a therapy sceptic to a total convert, looking forward so much to our sessions. She's warm, compassionate, empathetic and just lovely to talk to. She helped me believe in myself really for the first time. I can't recommend her highly enough.
I had a number of sessions with Helen across the summer / autumn this year to treat a lifelong and very extreme needle phobia. Helen's manner, skill as a psychologist and ability to guide someone into a healthier and more manageable way of thinking are simply perfect. I had really high expectations and Helen met every one hands down with her kind, thoughtful, intelligent, scientific approach. I am now able to manage my physical response to the phobia much better, I feel more in control and I continue to inch through exposure to my phobia until I feel ready to have an injection. Helen's guidance has empowered me to feel that after many decades it's a phobia which I will now be rid of sooner than later. I genuinely could not recommend Helen more.
Having undergone therapy with another provider and struggling to see any progress, I started sessions with Helen. Right from the start, I was impressed by how friendly and welcoming Helen was but also felt like she really listened to me and tailored her approach completely. Although I found the sessions useful at the time, it has been amazing to see the positive impact these sessions still have on my daily life. Having been working towards moving abroad, I have felt so well equipped to tackle many of the unknowns that previously generated great anxiety. I couldn't recommend Helen enough - I can honestly say I wouldn't feel as confident or resilient as I am now without her support.
Helen helped me with a needle phobia which I’ve had for roughly 20 years. It’s a phobia that for as long as I remember I thought to be incurable. Within ten sessions my fear of needles has reduced dramatically. I’ve gone from potentially fainting at the site of needles on tv to being relatively relaxed whilst having an injection. Huge thank you to Helen for her amazing work, all of which was done in a calm and supportive environment AND delivered virtually given the challenges of Covid.
From my very first interaction with Helen, I was struck by how professional, sincere and understanding she was. I had numerous questions about EMDR which she answered fully and provided me with enough information so that I felt comfortable with how we would work together from the outset. Over the course of our sessions together, Helen has made a significant difference to my outlook and has helped me to identify the root cause of the issues that were troubling me and process them. I genuinely looked forward to my sessions with Helen and her reassuring manner allowed me to feel free to express myself without judgement. I now feel that I understand myself much better and am a happier person as a result. I am very grateful to Helen for the difference she has made and would not hesitate to recommend her.
I worked with Helen for over 2 years and my skills to overcome BPD are so much stronger than before we met. There have been numerous benefits to my day to day life as a Partner, Father and Businessman. Helen is knowledgeable, kind and compassionate. She has made a huge difference to my life.
Helen is a great therapist who I’d definitely highly recommend to anyone. She is very experienced and professional and, at the same time, welcoming, filled with empathy, and easy to talk to. As I always thought that “therapy was not for me”, I was rather sceptical before our first meeting. However, Helen’s excellent questions, suggestions, and challenges during our initial conversation (as well as her great personality), have left me thoroughly impressed and I have decided to continue our sessions – and I am so glad that I did! Helen provided me with great tools to help shape my thinking and gave me time to discuss and reflect on the outputs of those tools. Helen kept encouraging and challenging my thoughts and perceptions (always in a measured and respectful way), which really helped me to re-train my thinking. Whilst we have focused on one area of my life, my sessions with Helen have actually had an amazing impact on other areas of my life as I was able to apply the tools Helen provided me with to address other challenges and misperceptions. Whilst we started off with in-person meetings, we had to (thanks to covid) move to live chats - both worked incredibly well and if anyone is wondering whether live chats will work can rest assured that Helen manages them amazingly well. I highly recommend Helen’s services and wouldn't hesitate to work with her again in the future. Thank you so much for your time, guidance, and support.
Helen was extremely helpful and effective in helping me deal with my issues of low mood and quickly was able to recognise where my issues stemmed from and helped me to see my negative thought patterns. Using a CBT centred approach Helen provided me many strategies for dealing with the issues I was facing. I would recommend her services to anyone.
Helen is absolutely fantastic! I had tried a counsellor previously but did not find it useful. Helen definitely knows her onions! She has a calm measured approach which really gave me the confidence that she knew what she was doing and that it would help me. There are many days that I am able to use what she has taught me to help deal with those tricky situations. I believe that Helen genuinely loves her job and enjoys helping people that are in need. I never felt that we were just going through the motions to fill the time for the therapy session. Would I recommend her? Yes, absolutely! If I could have recommended her to me 20 years ago then it would be even better! I now feel that I have a much brighter future.
Very personable, kind & perceptive.
Helen has truly changed my life for the better and I'm so glad I took the step to getting help and support. I knew from my initial meeting with Helen that we'd work well together. I found her easy to talk and open up to, reassuring and caring. Most of all she made me feel I wasn't alone in this... Helen has made my life that little bit easier by equipping me with tools and techniques - rather apt timing given the pandemic appearing a few months after meeting... Phew! Very pleased with the service and would not hesitate to recommend Helen. Pleased to say I no longer need sessions, but it's great to have the reassurance that Helen is there, should I ever need it. Thank you again.
I learnt a lot and it was easy to talk to her, it was a very good experience
I highly recommend Helen based on my personal experience. Helen was quick to respond to my original enquiry and I was a able to secure an appointment within a few days. Right from the start, and throughout my appointments, Helen was extremely professional, warm and genuine which helped me to trust her very quickly and hence felt I could be totally open about what was going on for me. Helen listened with empathy and encouraged me to analyse my own situation and consider options which really worked for me. She also offered some helpful tips and techniques and offered reassurance. As we brought the consultations to a close, Helen offered some great options for me to use going forward so I can take ownership and greater care of my mental health in the future. Thank you Helen for care and support during a difficult period.
I worked with Helen over a long period of time and her support was invaluable in helping me to learn, understand and put into practice on a daily basis the skills I need to stay well whilst managing a chronic mental health condition. Her approach and ability to build a good rapport has meant she is one of the best mental health professionals I have been in contact with. I cannot recommend her highly enough.
I found Helen to be extremely professional, understanding, and encouraging throughout the course of our sessions together. I would highly recommend her to anybody who is considering counselling or psychotherapy.
I will always be grateful for all the hard work and help Helen has given me since I first saw her. Thanks Helen!
Helen has been very supportive and given me some great encouragement and guidance over the last few months. We have worked on brilliant techniques to help manage my anxiety and use effective methods through trial and error to see what works best for me. Our sessions have been effective and given me a new way of thinking and really helped me, my anxiety and OCD is now better controlled and Not controlling me. Thank you Helen.
Following a considerable setback and some big life changes, I was feeling very low, anxious and in despair, struggling to find the drive to even put one foot in front of the other to walk to work or to the supermarket. It was then that I started to see Helen. She was empathetic, kind, attentive and helped me to keep the focus during our sessions. Each time, Helen gave me the chance to adjust our agenda to my needs and to review my progress and goals. The simple "tools" she taught me and the constant encouragement were quite helpful in my gradual improvement.
Helen Tudor Psychology is rated 4.97 based on 38 reviews