Garden Spaces Reviews

Garden Spaces 5 star review on 23rd February 2021
Sarah W
Garden Spaces 5 star review on 5th February 2021
Rachel J
The whole experience had been very positive from start to finish. Excellent engagement over initial ideas to develop a Granny Annexe in our garden and responsiveness during the quotation phase and development of a solution for final costing. We are really pleased with the build - quality workmanship and materials throughout. Very professional in all aspects.
Garden Spaces 5 star review on 28th July 2021
Garden Spaces built our garden studio quickly and skilfully with great attention to detail and sensitivity to our needs. We're extremely happy with the result.
Garden Spaces 5 star review on 26th July 2021
Many thanks Garden Spaces for building a really beautiful outdoor gym/office for us. It looks fantastic and we were impressed by the speed of the construction and the hard work of the guys that built it. I am glad the internet was finally sorted too.
Johnny and Adrian have just finished and they've done an amazing job. I can't speak highly enough of them. Super polite, really hardworking, and very good at their jobs. Amazing attention to detail.
The original interactions with Robert the designer & sales representative was excellent, in fact based on him we chose your organisation. The contractors were friendly but didn't have a particularly holistic view of the project although their work was excellent, they were friendly and worked hard. There were a couple of hicups which were resolved. The overall project is excellent & we would recommend the company in terms of the end result.
Awful, awful experience. I paid the thick end £40k for my garden office, in the hope and understanding that everything would be built for me, without the hassle and difficulty of organising individual trades and knowing that any issues post completion would be resolved quickly. The two sub contractors / chaps who put up the building (who barely spoke English) worked their socks off for two weeks in horrendous conditions and were great. Matt, the sales chap was great; polite, super quick at responding and also keen to please. The remaining ‘team’ at Garden Spaces have however been absolutely beyond woeful. The shell of my office was completed but I then waited more than THREE WEEKS when nothing happened and I was left with no option but to organise my own electricians to visit and finish the second fix. As soon as I did this, Garden Spaces decided that actually, they could find an electrical contractor to come in and finish off. On ‘completion’ (February) I informed Garden Spaces that the entry doors were not fitted correctly. This was met (a couple of weeks later) with a blanket email from head office advising all clients that they were essentially unable to undertake any snagging works because they were ‘too busy.’ Not even the courtesy to email me directly! A month ago I advised Garden Spaces that the doors to my office have now dropped so much that they no longer close properly and indeed, no longer lock - not exactly ideal given it’s contents. It is now July; I have emailed (politely) numerous times; I have still not even had the courtesy of a response from Roger although his colleague Charlotte has decided to ‘let me know by Friday’ what is happening. That was last week and I have still heard nothing. This company is very clearly completely overwhelmed with the inevitable demand caused by lockdown but I would strongly recommend NOT giving them your business - wait a bit longer and go with Green Retreats. So disappointed.
Great design and very happy with the final product. Install team were good, helpful and thorough. The project was massively let down by the electrician that wouldn’t wait 45 minutes for me to get to a shop and replace a faulty light fitting. We had to wait another week for someone to come back and fit it but it’s all good now. The electrician also changed the agreed route of the electrical supply cable from the consumer unit in our house to the outbuilding without consulting anyone. It’s fine but he really should have checked first. The electrician also managed to break our burglar alarm. If I didn’t happen to have a mate that works in the industry, it would’ve cost a couple of hundred pounds to fix it! I’d suggest Garden Spaces find a different electrician because he let down an otherwise perfect service. Update: I just received a phone call from the firm of electricians to apologise for the problems outlined above. The man I spoke with was very concerned and wanted to know if there was anything he could do to make up for the inconvenience. In hindsight, all the problems can be attributed to a communication breakdown on the timings for when the work should have been done. I’d requested for the work inside our house to be done in the afternoon (when both my wife and I would have been there) but the message never got through so they came in the morning. My wife was home but was in meetings so unable to discuss anything. Whilst at the time it was frustrating, everything was sorted out in a timely fashion to a high standard. The key thing to learn here is about communication with the customer for timings of when different contractors need access to different places. The phone call from the firm of electricians was very much appreciated and I truly believe that the mistakes will be learned from. Ultimately, in the end, I’m very happy with everything and have a wonderful studio so thanks for your efforts here everyone.
We are delighted with our garden room/music studio. The build quality is even better than we had anticipated. We were scheduled for 17 May and told it would take approximately 3 weeks; Garden Spaces were 100% correct in this respect. Our build team led by Coco are incredibly hard working perfectionists and true crafts people. Couldn’t have asked for more.
Garden Spaces 5 star review on 15th June 2021 Garden Spaces 5 star review on 15th June 2021 Garden Spaces 5 star review on 15th June 2021
Great build quality and we are very pleased with the end product. Thank you
Our experience with Garden Spaces was great
Garden spaces have just completed an apex roof gym for us. The quality of workmanship is exceptional. The guys on site worked tirelessly and with a very high standard of work. One minor snag was dealt with promptly and we would highly recommend this company for any outdoor spaces. Thank you for making it such a simple process.
Do not buy a garden building from this company. They provide no customer service , I have a building with a claimed no maintenance K Render finish. It is cracked on every joint, Garden spaces claim this is normal but my guaranteed for 10 years building is now open to the elements and looks terrible. Garden spaces just ignore me, in fact they have blocked my mobile number. They refuse to inspect the building. I have spoken to K Render , the render supplier of the premium render, they tell me the proper application process has not been followed. No base mesh used or corner mouldings and K Render applied to plywood not fibre board. I have had the building inspected by a professional builder who also agrees the render is incorrectly applied. Still Garden Spaces refuse to even inspect the building. They have no quality control, no customer service , are not registered with through their various trade bodies with ombudsman services. Despite claims on their website and during the sales process that their building is built to the highest specification they just do not care to the degree that they will not even acknowledge my concerns claiming with no first hand evidence and in ignorance of the K Render company advice that I have no issue that is not to be expected and that anyway I live too far away from their base so can’t visit me . Not an issue when I purchased the building. I paid £42K for my building , they do not care. I managed to speak to Rodger Hedges, the Director , on 7th of May. He promised he would get to me and and my concerns properly investigated as soon as he could , he not commit to a date claiming that was impossible . I followed up with a letter giving him until Nay 19th to respond. I have received nothing from him . I am about to enter into Deadlock with them as they will not even talk to me. Such a pity and my claimed high quality no maintence premium building now looks shabby and is structurally compromised after less that 3 years. What is most disappointing though is the absolute refusal of Garden Spaces to engage they just dismiss my concerns as their response to Louise F seems to dismiss that concern, although I note they would be happy to talk about other issues she may have just not the one mentioned as that is not a problem, apparently. Proceed with caution if you are considering purchasing a building from Garden Spaces. My experience seems similar to that of Louise F . John McDonald
We love our garden room which was completed Summer 2020 and the interior is great. However there have been a number of structural issues which suggest that build quality is inferior. Service from Garden Spaces after completion has been very poor, with little to no response to obvious issues with the building. The cladding on the building is badly faded already and will need treatment which is contrary to expectation. So disappointing.
Hello Louise, We are very sorry you are unhappy with your aftersales sevrvice. The timber cladding does need annual oiling to prevent UV degradation and silvering - this is true of any timber exposed to the elements. This was cleary detailed on your order form at time of purchase, and should have been clearly pointed out by our Designer. I see from our records that we have attended back in 2020 to deal with a dropped foundation pile. Unfortunately this can happen on occassionand we have addressed the issue. We now use longer piles to make this element even more robust. We would be happy to discuss any other issues you may have so we can try and address them appropriately. Best regards, The Directors at Garden Spaces
Superb service, build quality and finish is second to none. I can only praise the diligence, work ethic and attention to detail shown by the on-site tradesmen. I would fully recommend this company to create a great space for you.
Our daughter moved into her new annexe yesterday and she is (and we are) delighted with it. It looks beautiful and it meets her needs perfectly. Our neighbours are all very jealous and desperate to have a guided tour!
Garden Spaces 5 star review on 2nd May 2021
We are absolutely delighted with our Annexe, both the external and internal finish. The builders onsite were brilliant - polite, hardworking and accommodating. We had a few outstanding issues which took a while to resolve and weren't wholly impressed by the attitudes of those in the head office during that phase, but in the end, they did work with us to reach a good conclusion.
Very well organised, excellent design, great build team. Thank you
Garden Spaces take a great deal of care and pride in the building they deliver. I felt that what I wanted from my garden space was really listened to initially and interpreted into a one-off building at design – then built with real care to a high spec. The after-build care was just as professional and courteous, with the team ensuring snagging items were dealt with briskly. The office I have now feels as though it was always meant to be in my garden and is exactly what I wanted.
Excellent service, from the design stage to the finished build. The men on site worked very hard, long days in some dreadful conditions and we are thrilled with the finished product. Would thoroughly recommend Garden Spaces.
Garden Spaces 5 star review on 23rd February 2021