Firewood Fund Reviews

of reviewers recommend Firewood Fund

Tell us how Firewood Fund made you happy
Good wood and service
Wood quality looks very consistent and so far burns well. My biggest concern is that the delivery is kerbside only. The terms and conditions state the delivery will be by 7.5ton truck which can easily reverse into my drive to deliver close to the wood store. The truck that turned up was an 18ton truck and although the driver was very polite he refused to reverse in leaving the delivery in the entrance to my driveway. Not ideal when I ordered the biggest bag 1.6m. Previously I’ve always had wood delivered by a company who has never questioned having to reverse in.
Hi Richard,

Pleased to hear you like the quality of logs.

Our delivery service previously used 7.5 ton trucks, however this recently changed. We thought all information on the website had been updated to reflect this, however we did just notice 1 sentence on our delivery page still made reference to a 7.5 ton truck. We hold our hands up to this error and apologise. We have since updated the site.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will contact you privately in attempt to put things right.

Best regards,

The FirewoodFund Team
Depite arranging and agreeing a specific delivery Date my goods didnt turn up and I had to chase to find out what was happening, having re arranged another date and time slot yet again the delivery was late ? the actual goods were OK but I was surprised about the amount of small kindling size peices within the sack this was particularly disappointing given the fact that I also ordered two boxes of kinding with the same order.
Hi Mark, I am so sorry we didn't meet your expectation on this occasion. Should you decide to give us another chance, drop me an email and we will look into how we can restore faith in FirewoodFund. You should have my contact details in your email inbox.
delivery was prompt, helpful driver, wood quality acceptable.
Thanks for reviewing our log delivery service Michael.
This was my first order with Firewood Fund and our first reaction was it was very easy to order online, however when it came to delivering the firewood things became very confusing and seemed too much trouble for the truck driver. I received mixed messages as the truck driver who delivered the wood was insistent on me being there to sign for the wood but when I ordered wood I was led to believe I didn't need to be at home to sign for it. Having to hang around for the truck driver then made me 45 mins late for an important business appointment. Truck driver was also not happy about delivering the wood as we have a large stoned gravel driveway, he said his truck wasn't happy on stones. He also complained that our driveway was too narrow for the truck despite us moving house last year and having very large removals vans up and down the drive with no problem. The pallet was left on it's side and had a tear in the bag which meant we could not return the bag as requested and wood could have easily got wet. Quite a lot of hassle in all.
Sorry to learn that the service didn't meet your expectations. You do not necessarily have to be at the address to accept delivery, however some delivery drivers will not leave the logs, if they feel its not safe to do so. We will be in contact privately to make it up to you.

The FirewoodFund Team.