Code Camp Reviews

of reviewers recommend Code Camp

Tell us how Code Camp made you happy
Great fun, the kids were engaged, lots of learning and hopefully some new skills gained.
My daughter has been to Code Camp four times and has enjoyed it a lot. She always comes home full of enthusiasm and proudly shows me what she learned after each session.
My kid was enjoying the course very much. The teacher was very patient and quite understandable. The app he did was also very attractive. We look forard to attending the course again.
My son absolutely loved the camp. The staff made him feel safe, welcome and happy they were brilliant. Would highly recommend this to anyone and everyone that had a child that enjoys gaming.
Our two sons (ages 7 years/10 years) have just completed their second camp with Code Camp. They ABSOLUTELY LOVE Code Camp. The teachers are engaging and genuinely seem to enjoy interacting with the children. This is clear from pick ups and from parents being able to watch their children present their games at the end of the course, a clear friendship between my boys and their teachers. A special shout out to teachers Matt and Sam, thank you for making our boys buzz with excitement! The amount of coding covered was impressive for the relatively short 3 days. I feel my boys took so much knowledge and new skills from the camp learning it in a fun, informal way. We'll be returning for our third time in the summer for the exciting new 3D Code Camps. Cannot reccomend highly enough!
My 7 years old girl absolutely loved her new experience at code camp. She can’t wait for her next course.
My daughter absolutely loved Code Camp. She had a fantastic three days and can't wait to go again. The staff are super friendly and take great care of the kids. It's a great educational experience and has given her the confidence to keep coding.
Code camp has been a god sent. My son loved every bit of it and couldn’t wait to get there in the mornings. The staff have been absolutely great and Jamal has enjoyed being with them. He can’t wait to go again
Hi Haris, I'm so pleased Jamal enjoyed his first Code Camp! We can't wait to see him next time :) Thanks, Mary
I’m giving this a 4 due to my child’s overall enjoyment - they loved the camp and would very happily return. However, we had a couple of niggles which made me not entirely confident about the camp as a parent. First of all I found it very difficult to speak to the provider before booking. When I dropped off and picked up none of the staff were wearing name badges and didn’t introduce themselves by name either. This meant I didn’t feel I had a contact to discuss any issues with. On the final day all the children were brought out to the car park to be collected at 3.30 pm despite the fact that pick up is scheduled to run up to 4.30. It was a rainy day and I don’t think that’s a great experience for kids that might be left waiting until 4.30 pm outside in February! At this age (7+) I would expect them to stay in the base room with activities until collected, with that service offered until 4.30 pm, because the parents have paid for care up to that time. I appreciate that the camp is a three day block where skills develop throughout the programme, but I would prefer self contained one day sessions. I also felt the price was too high for three days.
Hello, I'm very pleased to hear your child enjoyed Code Camp and thank you for taking the time to write a review! We're disappointed that some elements of your experience were not up to Code Camp standards, so I'd love to address some of your concerns: We do endeavour to get back to every email and voice message within 24 hours, but typically it's much quicker. I will definitely be checking in with the customer support team to ensure these standards are being maintained. In terms of pick up, I agree that it is unacceptable for the children to be waiting outside at this time of the year! Our classes start at 9 am and finish at 3:30 pm, with drop off from 8:30 am and pick up until 4 pm. In the drop off/pick up time children are encouraged to participate in offline activities supervised by the instructors, while the Camp Manager electronically signs children in/out as their carers arrive. If the weather permits, the meeting area is outdoors so children can play on the school equipment during this 30-minute window. During the cooler months, the meeting spot should be inside. I'm very sorry to hear that this was not the case at the camp your child attended. Additionally, all of our facilitators are provided with Code Camp uniforms and name badges to make them easily identifiable to the children and parents. Would you mind telling me which camp your child attended so I can address the above points with the Camp Manager to ensure they don't happen again? Thanks again for the feedback, I will be flagging these issues with the relevant people to ensure the Code Camp experience is great for both children and parents. Warm regards, Mary
she liked code camp but she found it geared towards younger children, may be next time focus on same age level children rather than mix with much younger ones
My children enjoyed Spark Camp so much they couldn't wait to go back and try 2D Game Makers.
Awesome! We can't wait to see them next time at Code Camp!
My son enjoyed learning how to code very much. This was his second time doing the course and he still loved it and learnt more. Highly recommend this. Bobby met lots of new friends and loves his new game app he designed. Thanks to all involved in making it an enjoyable experience for him.
Hey Kelly, Thanks for the kind words :) We love hearing when friendships are formed at Code Camp!
Kids had a great time. Teachers were very helpful. It would be great to have (help) all kids present their apps and speak for a few secs rather than picking up 2 kids to present their work
Hi Vinay, Thanks for leaving us a review! At the majority of our camps all of the children get the opportunity to present their games at the award ceremony, it sounds like maybe in this instance they ran out of time! The last afternoon of Code Camp kids can be busy de-bugging their awesome games and getting them ready to publish, so this does happen on occasion. I'm glad your child enjoyed the camp, we hope to see you again next time!
My daugther has really enjoyed the camp. I was amazed that she was talking about functions and actors and about how excited she was at the end of every Code Camp day. She managed to add some new scenes to her game later on when the Code Camp was over. She was telling all her Grandparents that she visited daddy's workplace to learn programming and she is going to send her game over to them for testing :)
Wow! It's so nice to hear that your daughter continued to code after camp, it sounds like she's got the coding bug :) We love hosting camps in workspaces, it's lovely to see how excited kids and parents are to share the experience!
Both my boys attended, and had a fantastic time. They came home super-excited about what they had developed during the day. Even my younger hyper-energetic son was completely engaged! I believe it was a fantastic learning experience for them overall.
My son, who is typically reticent to go on camps, thoroughly enjoyed every minute of every day, and has already asked if I can book him on the camp next year. The staff were great, engaging and supportive. He was always disappointed at the end of each day that time was up. Well worth it.
What a lovely review, thanks Wayne! We're very pleased your son has found a camp that he enjoys :)
My daughter really enjoyed the camp and learn't a great deal whilst having so much fun!
Making coding fun is what we're all about! It's so great to hear your daughter thinks we're doing a good job. Thanks for the review, Matt!
My son absolutely loved this and was so excited, he's really interested in coding now and is already asking to do level 2.
Thank you for writing a review Sarah, we're so pleased to hear your son has found a new passion! We can't wait to see him at camp next time :)
My daughter loved it. This was her second time and she is keen to do another. Given this is half term they could have just been glued to the television. The fact that they did something practical whilst enjoying themselves is excellent. A really well organised event for the parent also. Cannot rate camp highly enough.
Excellent 3 day camp. My boys were able to spend time with me at work and also do something enjoyable. I asked them if they enjoyed the camp and they said it was brilliant and they were glad that they did Code Camp instead of tennis.
Code Camp is rated 4.79 based on 61 reviews