Code Camp Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Code Camp

Tell us how Code Camp made you happy

"My son has been looking forward to it all summer, it disappoint and he can’t wait till next year!"
"We could not have loved Code Camp more! Not only did my daughter come home every evening desperate to show me what she’d done, but she finished the camp and begged me to book the the next one there and then. The staff were excellent: friendly, welcoming and so tuned in to the kids, and the content was perfectly pitched. I’d recommend Code Camp to anyone looking for a holiday camp with a difference."
"It was easy to book the club and I received an email straight away telling me what to bring, times and address. My 8 year old son hadn’t done much coding before and he really enjoyed making his own game by the end of the 3 days. He doesn’t always like going to clubs, but I was so surprised, every morning he would be looking forward to going back. It’s a great introduction in his coding journey. Thank you for making it enjoyable!"
"My 10 year old and 8 year old girls loved the three days. They learnt loads and were very well supported. The staff learned everyone’s names very quickly and showed a genuine interest in them and their experience of coding. This is the second time they have done code camp and they will definitely do it again. I would recommend code camp very highly."
"Best camp ever, and my son has been to 15 different ones! What could be better than learning how to code, making video games and playing them with new friends. A fun atmosphere with code camp radio on the background - very cool according to my son!"
"Great content. Good staff. My son loves it."
"My son absolutely LOVED Code Camp! All the staff were so friendly and helpful. They genuinely wanted the children to develop useful skills and have fun doing it, as opposed to following a rigid learning schedule or worse still, just be a day care. They took a lot of time to give feedback at the end of each day, as well as provide information on taking my child’s learning further. My son will definitely do more Camps in the future!"
"My daughter loved going to code camp she had so much fun and learnt how to design her own game. She would definitely go to camp again."
"My daughter (age 10) loved this and wants to do it again. She continued working on her game both evenings at home so obviously enjoyed this a lot! We will definitely book up another course in the future, it is a really enjoyable way for kids to spend a few days."
"Great code camp! My son had a wonderful time and the teachers were helpful, nice and understanding!. Camp took place during a very hot week and they made sure the children were hydrated. My son was delighted every day to show us his progress and the game he coded. Very nice team and i wish they were running during term time as well"
Hi Natalie,

Thank you for taking the time to review Code Camp. We're very pleased your son had a great time, despite it being the hottest day on record!

We'd love to chat with your school about running in the term time. If you'd like to refer a school you can do so here: www.codecamp.co.uk/refer (and get a free term of afterschool classes if it goes ahead!)

Many thanks!
"My son had such fab days at the camp."
"My daughter has attended Spark twice and is now enrolled on 2D game makers. She is 8 years old. Each time she has been apprehensive as the venue has been a new school and the last time she knew no one else. But she absolutely loved it every time and became very skilled in building and identifying and curing bugs and faults in her game. It also means she looks forward to and gets much more out of her ICT and other classes at school. All in all a fantastic initiative and we are hoping she will start teaching her parents to code properly now..."
Hi James,

Thanks for the lovely review. It's great to hear your daughter has enjoyed her Code Camp experiences and we look forward to seeing her this Summer for 2D Game Makers!

P.S. Good luck on your coding journey ;)
"We sent our 10 year old to Code Camp as it was different to other camps around that were more sports based. He did the 3 day session and absolutely loved it, he has had exposure to coding but not had the time to explore it further so this was the perfect opportunity. Great merchandise too as a good memento of his time there. I will be sending his siblings there too for future sessions."
Hi Chau,

Thanks for the great review. We're thrilled your son had a great time.

Looking forward to seeing you at an upcoming Code Camp!
""Like Scratch but Much Much Much Better!""
Thanks, Elaine, we're glad you think so :)

(we do too!)
"Sam was really excited to come to camp and he enjoyed every day. He loved being able to make up his own game and still loves playing it even now. Excellent support, personal, great friends and lots of fun."
We're glad Sam had an awesome time. Thanks for the review :)
"My daughter absolutely loved it - thank you so much!"
Thanks Michele, we're glad your daughter loved it :)
"My son was extremely excited about the stage 1 course, and couldn't wait to go back each morning. I would in future recommend to share a curriculum with parents, to understand what was learned and what tools used--it isn't easy to interrogate an 8yo, and outside of outcomes I don't really know the details of what was taught."
Hi Ehud,

We're very pleased to hear your son had a great time at Code Camp!

Thank you for the feedback about sharing the curriculum with parents.

We know that getting kids to relay what they've learnt throughout the day is no easy task! From next season (Summer school holidays) we will be sending parents a daily email detailing what their child has learnt and some talking points for when they get home.

If you'd like a breakdown of the curriculum please shoot us an email at hello@codecamp.co.uk and we can send you something.

Thanks again for sharing your Code Camp experience!

Mary & the Code Camp team
"My children had a great time at Code Camp. Both my 8 year old novice programmer and my more experienced 11 year old enjoyed working with their app base system."
Hi Emma,

Thank you for the lovely review. We're thrilled your children enjoyed Code Camp and hope to see them again next season!

Many thanks,
Mary & the Code Camp team
"Code Camp was an excellent experience and lots of fun. It was amazing how we got to code our very own games, which was an opportunity that I had to take. The staff were kind and supportive and always willing to help. Louis David-Hooper, age 11."
Hi Louis,

Thanks for dropping in to write us a review. We're so glad you enjoyed your time at Code Camp!!

Don't forget you can keep coding at home using your Code Camp World log in details and if you need any inspiration we have plenty of video tutorials.

Hope to see you at our 2D Game Makers camp in the future.

Thanks again,
Mary & the Code Camp team
"My daughter came back on each of the 3 days stating that she had had the best time ever; she was so delighted by the work she had done and that she had made her very own App. Of course she then showed me how to play on it and helped me through the trickier moves. She is 7!!!"
Hi Joanne,

Thanks for taking the time to review Code Camp.

We're so pleased your daughter had a great time and was excited to show off her creation.

Here at Code Camp HQ we are still constantly blown away by what a 7-year-old can achieve!

Many thanks,