Cars On Demand Reviews

sales@carsondemand.co.uk

Unit 2 Apex Business Park
Apex Way

Tell us how Cars On Demand made you happy
We needed 3 cars very quickly for a new project that may last 3 to 9 months.

Jenny was extremely helpful, gave great advice and sourced 3 VW Golf’s that we’re perfect for our requirements.

The delivery team were great and the handover process was very efficient and safe.

One car developed a minor fault and it was resolved quickly and without interruption to the driver.

Great service all round.
I was declined for a car but hadn't been given an indication of the reason for the decline. I feel the tone of the email I got was not friendly, and in my view I made a lot of effort into the application process, including providing a deposit. I do not feel the system of validation checks are fair, or reasonable because it doesn't enable the customer to understand how they have reached a commercial decision decline the application. You go to a bank and they decline the application - they will say it's down to credit scoring and refer you to external agencies. I spoken to the Sales Director and his response was rather abrupt and rude in my opinion. ''We are not at liberty to pass this information, your application has simply been declined. This can be for many reasons.'' This email does not in my view give an indication of what it is I have done wrong to be declined - is it a personal issue, is it my credit file, - no idea.
I wouldn't even give them 1 star. I leased with them as I needed a temporary solution. They were quick to get a car out, however things went down hill the moment they collected my car. There was the faintest of alloy damage on 3 wheels to which they charged 100+ vat which is ridiculous, not only did I not get my deposit money back after one inspection at my property and another when it got to Silverstone but now few weeks later they send me another invoice saying they identified a damage 2 weeks after taking my car!

TLDR; do not use! Go to select car leasing or others who have been doing this for years and comply with BVRLA. Stay away! I've read others saying they give excellent support for a quick sale but it's all downhill after.
Dear Anwar,

We regret that you have felt the need to leave a negative review and to do so anonymously, however the information you have posted on the review site is both incorrect and untrue.

When the car was collected, all of the items of damage were noted and pointed out to you. At the time, you accepted them and signed our collection documents (along with photographic evidence) to confirm the damages and did not dispute repairs would be required.

Once you were advised of the repair costs, you stated that you felt they were too expensive and that you could have had them repaired at a lower cost - even though you did not arrange to repair them yourself before the return of the car. We offered to let you obtain a quote from a Kia approved repairer, and if the price they quoted was cheaper than our costs, we would price match. We gave you until 5PM on the 21st September to supply this, however, you failed to do so and therefore we sent you the final invoice for the repairs.

On this basis, I sincerely hope you will amend your review or remove it as you had previously suggested the service had been very good.

Yours Sincerely

Paul
I cannot rate Cars on Demand highly enough. From their exceptional sales executive Jenny Shaw to their delivery driver Kevin & all the other staff I've spoken too. Theor customer service has been second to none & as my first time leasing a car I honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience or someone to help make it all so straightforward. Quick responses, turned things round in a day, responded within seconds when I had a question. Not to mention the car is also a luxury. Thank God for this first class company & it's staff. Thank you Jenny :)
Ben was really helpful, car was here in less than 2 weeks and I’m happy with everything!
I leased with cars on demand for nearly 3 years, they supplied me several brilliant brand new cars such as mercedes and bmw’s. Dealing with Ben, Jenny and Jack they made it very easy to source and deliver the vehicles I was after. Highly recommend.
Dear Nurul,

Thank you for your kind comments.

Paul
Very nice car, delivered promptly, easy to arrange service and such good value. I was also so impressed the team let me return car early as I didn't need it any more with homeworking. Thanks!
2016 I started using Cars on Demand and today I took delivery of my 7th consecutive vehicle thanks to Jenny who is amazing and Israr for making this possible during the current difficult time. The exchange was very streamlined and professional going above and beyond to make the transition contactless. The COD team have always delivered my motoring needs during times where my budget & requirements have fluctuated over the years. If there was a 6th star available for selection I would of used it, can’t recommended them enough no matter how small or large your motoring requirements are. I also have to note having read other reviews that over 4 years the general wear and tear policy has always been applied to my vehicles upon return in a fair and just manner. Look after the cars and the policy will look after you.
Our long-term rental with Cars on Demand has been a great customer experience. Jenny was super helpful though the whole process. We returned from overseas and found we could not get car finance so looked for a long-term rental. Jenny helped every step of the way and I asked many, many questions. We have been thoroughly satisfied with the car rental experience.
Excellent, efficient service from all departments
Wide range of new vehicles
Ideal for long or short-term car contract
DON'T DO IT - Seriously. I rented a vehicle for 28 days for roughly £380 - my final invoice £1,362.00. There was general wear and tear on the vehicle upon its return, a chipped light, scratches from getting in and out of the vehicle and a scratch on the underneath of the grill and they refused to cover it with their own insurance or under general wear and tear. For this price go to a reputable 28 day leasing company like Hertz - for the same price with more included in the agreement and worry free, consumer friendly insurance and terms. I escalated this to the commercial director James Birch - he didn't even have the decency to call and discuss the matter, hiding behind email communication only. I read a review similar to mine and I ignored it, thinking it was the consumers fault, or it wouldn't be a major cost, or it wouldn't happen to me - it has now happened to me - seriously do not do business with this company.
Dear “Anonymous”

We note that you do not wish for your own name to be published however you are happy to name members of the team that attempted to help you. We also note that you left an earlier anonymous review using another person’s e mail address hoping we would not be able to identify who had left the review.

You have been supplied with all of the images of the damage to the vehicle that were noted when collected – items that were time stamped and signed for by the person you nominated to hand the vehicle back to us. The bulk of the charges relate to the front headlight unit which has significant damage and requires replacement. The general wear and tear and light scratches you refer to include a large gouge to the underside of the front valance and the OSF door had significant scratches along the entire panel that penetrated all the way to the primer. The OSF interior door shut also had a large chip that penetrated to the primer.

Quite how you could consider these fair wear and tear is simply incredulous. You clearly misused the car and now do not wish to take responsibility for your own actions.

We do not supply insurance with our cars nor do we cover damage caused by customers on our own policy – the significant damage caused by yourself was signed for on collection and was your own responsibility. We note that you paid for this upon receipt of the invoice.

When we make mistakes we will happily admit to it, in this instance however we have only recharged you for the significant amount of damage you caused to the vehicle.

Yours Sincerely,

Paul Brown
Managing Director.
Dealt with Ben and have to say service from start to finish was excellent, he got the job done with speed and efficiency, which is all we could ask for.
Will definitely recommend.
In the beginning, it seemed like a good company to use. But it turned out, the communication wasn't best from their side. Sales guys forget to tell about information regarding to how to terminated the contract and how to return the car.
Also my contract says, I had to give them 48 hours to arrange the pick up (and not 48 working hours), so I have called them on a Monday to pick up the car on the Friday which they were not able to do. They eventually take the car on the following Monday but they charged me for an extra 3 days of use, I have asked them to be flexible because it is not my fault but I got a rude response instead. Within a few days they took the money for the extra 3 days but I had to called them at least 3 times and wait at least a month to get my excess deposit back.
Dear Sandor,

We regret that you are not satisfied with the way the termination of your lease was managed.

With regards the issues raised, your contract renewal notice for a further 28 days was sent to you on the 23rd December 2019. You contacted us later on the 23rd to request a collection, and we advised that the 48 hour notice period meant that (due to the Christmas break, bank holiday period and weekend), the earliest date this could be completed was the 30th December, and advised that the 3 days of use of the car over that period would be chargeable. The cars was collected on the 30th and you paid for the 3 days.

We requested the account details to which the excess deposit was to be returned on 3 separate occasions over several weeks. Once you finally supplied these, we returned the deposit to you within 48 hours.

Yours Sincerely,

Cars on Demand.
Easy to deal with, competitive and flexible. They always have suitable cars available and ready on time.
First contact was a call to the office, spoke with Jordan, he was very helpful and very friendly, we had many questions for him and he patiently answered all of them. He I'd definitely an asset to the company! Keep up the fantastic work!
Great service. I would recommend Cars on Demand for car leasing without hesitation. Jordan Thackray was excellent and dealt with all my questions quickly and made the whole process really easy.
Leased a car for 6 months from Cars on Demand, had exceptional service from all the team from the start to the end, would highly recommend them to others
Couldn't recommend Cars on Demand highly enough! Very helpful throughout the process, providing easy to navigate quotes and contracts.
Car itself was spotless, and the guys at my local office were more than accommodating in being flexible around when i picked the car up and dropped it off.
Highly recommended and will be using in the future!
Thanks Again
Really good service. Quick, friendly staff & easy to use. Very simple service done well. Would recommend and use again if needed!
Really poor communication about Fair wear and tear expectations.
We were charged a large amount over 600 pounds for scuff marks to wheel hubs over the 5 month lease. We also had to hand back our original car for a newer car which was inconvenient and then we were charged again on scuffs for this new car. We are good drivers but tyre design theses days means its virtually impossible not to scuff wheel hubs especially over long hite periods. The moral of this story is buyer beware as hidden costs mean you end up paying more than normal car rental.
Cars On Demand is rated 4.41 based on 34 reviews