Cars On Demand Reviews

Short Term Flexible car leasing

sales@carsondemand.co.uk

Walton Road

Tell us how Cars On Demand made you happy
Prompt service no messing around, car here at time specified which and i was given an hours range as arrival time not just morning. Thank you Jenny!
When my car got totaled, Cars-on-Demand seemed like a good option while I shopped around for a permanent replacement. The service provided by Cars-on-Demand was professional and courteous. The reason for my very low rating is due to Cars-on-Demand insisting on charging me for the tiniest of barely visible scratches - all on the tyre rims. Something that would normally fall under wear and tear! Bear in mind that some of the scratches were so minute that even the very thorough inspectors did not see them while inspecting the car on pick-up at my property, and yet, somehow the eagled-eyed staff at the company office were able to spot the scratches from pictures taken by the inspectors on a mobile phone! In total I lost £444.00 from my deposit which I am really not happy about! My complaints fell on deaf ears. Because of this I will NOT be recommending Cars-on-Demand to anyone.
Dear Onuora, Thank you for your review and we are delighted you found our service to be professional and courteous. Regarding the recharge for the alloy wheel, there was only one charge for £102.00 including VAT. The collection driver did note this at the point of collection and you signed confirming the visible damage which required a full repair, as it did not fall within the normal wear and tear guidelines sent to you before collection. All images from the collection along with your signature were sent to you via the link from the collection app. We regret that you found it necessary to raise this as we refunded your deposit minus the £102.00 immediately that this was confirmed with you - we are unsure as to what the £440.00 in your review relates to - please contact us as we have not made a deduction for this amount. Once again, we are delighted you found our service to be good and we regret that you could only leave a 1 star rating despite our best efforts. Yours Sincerely, Paul
Great customer service from sales to accounts, they do go over and above to keep the customer happy. Thanks Jenny, Lydia, Kylie and team
The speed and efficiency is fantastic, everyone I have spoken to has been so helpful and professional. They have gone over and above to help me - excellent customer service!
I’ve had to lease a car whilst mine was being restored. I’ve leased several cars over 8 months and Cars On Demand have been very helpful, the service was faultless! so easy and efficient, Thank you!
I leave a 1 star review to ensure future customers read this as a warning. CoD's service in terms of providing a timely and clean car are fine. They are also responsive over email with any queries. The thing to flag is that upon return of the vehicle (particularly if you have used it generally for a a few months) is to not to expect to receive any of your deposit back. CoD will send two team members to spend nearly an hour inspecting every panel of the car and finding the tiniest of scratches and minute damage, before providing you with a bill. Rather conveniently, the cost for repairing the damage is almost exactly the amount held as deposit. The repair costs are significantly above market price. Whilst some of the damage on the car, I agree, warranted a minor repair, a lot of it is just general wear and tear that happens. CoD appears to want to receive its cars in showroom or brand new condition and will charge you (a lot!) to return them to such condition. I therefore advise that you either arrange the car to be professionally valeted and polished prior to handing back - or accept that you will not receive any of your deposit back. Failing that - use another company! Shan
Dear Shan, We regret that you feel the need to leave a negative review as we believe the experience overall with your lease and the car was very good. In terms of the return standards, due to the age of our cars, as you would expect, the return standards are higher than would be the case for a 2 - 4 year lease vehicle. We do however before collecting our cars forward a return standards document detailing what is fair wear and tear along with guidance as to our charges for repairs. Customers may also arrange to have the vehicles repaired prior to return provided they are repaired to the manufacturer's standards. With regards to your vehicle, the largest item was the front bumper - I understand you felt the need for a repair and respray was not required as you felt the damage was a scuff, however alongside the paint damage, the valance underneath was also damaged and gouged hence the reason it required both a repair and respray. The offside and nearside front doors also had scratches that you felt could have been removed with a valet. Unfortunately, this was not possible however they were repaired with a local flat and polish repair which takes longer than a valet. The offside rear alloy wheel you felt should be a standard repair, however, the wheel is a polished alloy and therefore more expensive to repair - as per your request we also sent you the images from delivery and collection to confirm this was new damage and not already on the car. The nearside rear door shut was also scratched and this was also repaired with a flat a polish. The tailgate trim, offside rear door trim and boot floor plastic trims all had gouges that required textured repairs. With regards to the costs, the total repair costs were £795.00 plus VAT (which we do not keep). As per my email to you, our charges also have to cover the downtime of the vehicle and any costs incurred to take the vehicle for repairs which include both driver time and fuel. In an ideal world, we would rather not have to recharge any damage costs as they are the largest area of dispute, we do however always try to be fair with our assessment and charges - it would be much easier and more cost-effective for us if cars were returned without damage or with the damage already repaired to a suitable standard as we do not profit from damage charges. Once again, we regret the need for you to feel the need to leave a negative review however we do understand that lease return charges are always unwelcome. Yours Sincerely, Paul
Been a customer for more than 4 years, I have nothing to complaint about. They have always tried to accomodate my requests in terms of car type/specs and they went the extra mile to arrange a delivery/collection that suited my needs. A special thanks to Jenny, James and Ben for looking after me in so many years as a customer.
Overall the customer service was exceptional, the delivery and collection was well organised and the office staff especially Jenny could not be more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble, given the current shortage of cars, I am really grateful for all their help and support. Thank you
With the current situation with new cars not being available due to the semiconductor chip shortage, I had a 4 month gap between my old car going back and a new one arriving. I looked around everywhere for a company that could supply me with a lease vehicle on a month by month basis at a sensible cost. Thankfully I came across Cars on Demand. Jenny Shaw there was brilliant, and so helpful. My 4 months ended up being 6 months and Jenny was always happy to extend my lease and helped me to alter my monthly milage so I didn't incur any extra charge when the car was returned. Having read some of the negative reviews, then all I can say is if you don t look after the car, then it's your own look out and you shouldn't be surprised when you don't get all your deposit back. I can't recommend these guys enough.....I looked after the car and my deposit was returned no problem.
Ben Tatham of cars On Demand came through for us. We had just scrapped our car and needed a replacement quickly - but the car market is in disarray at the moment - and Ben was able to source a fantastic top of the range PHEV for us as a short term replacement. Pricing was great and the process very easy. Ben even helped advise on insurance. We will go back to Ben in a few months time to get a longer term vehicle once the market has settled. Thanks Ben
Great efficient service from start to finish. One of the only companies that could satisfy my requirements. Took the stress out of this for me since I was also travelling to and from the country. Speedy responses to all my queries. Would highly recommend!
Incredible company who you cannot find fault with. Leased for close to two years and multiple vehicles; never a problem with returning deposits, if you damage it you pay for it as is only fair! Would recommend this company to anyone, stunning cars at fair prices and a spot on group of staff! Jenny Shaw is an absolute gem and nothing is too much trouble! Thanks carsondemand will be using you in the future! P.s ignore the ridiculous reviews claiming they charge for everything, they don’t, I had a few scratches when I returned which they spent their own time on polishing out for which they never charged! They will go above and beyond!
I rented an Audi Q3 for several months. Set up and car delivery were really good. However everything afterwards was poor. I received a ULEZ congestion charge, which Carson Demand insisted on paying despite my protests because they then slapped me with a £30 administrative charge. After protesting, they allowed me to pay the fine and removed the admin charge. Finally when the car was collected, it was during the Covid lock down and the car was not washed (car washes were closed). Cars on Demand despite agreeing to waive the charge, added cleaning costs and charged for minor scratch repairs to the tune of the deposit plus hundreds of £. Cars on Demand will fleece you when it comes to minor scratches/scrapes, which any ordinary bodywork garage could fix for a fraction of their charges. Be warned!!
Dear Mr Goring, We regret we you feel the need to leave a negative review, particularly as the comments you have made are not accurate. With regards the damage charges, the car was returned to us in a very poor condition with deep scratches to the off side front and rear doors, off side bumper, damage to the near side rear wing, door and near side mirror amongst multiple other items. Images of all of the damages were sent to you along with the confirmation that the car was delivered to you without any corresponding damage. Prior to us collecting the car, you received our wear and tear guide, along with the pricing matrix for any repairs. Despite being aware of the damage, you did not arrange for the vehicle to be repaired yourself and therefore returned the car to us requiring us to complete repairs to the significant amount of damage you had returned the vehicle with. If you could have completed the repairs more cost effectively to the same required standards you had the opportunity to do so. Our prices are in line with repairs for a similar standard of quality and finish and we also include the costs incurred in transporting the car to and from the repairers plus the downtime resulting in the car not being useable. With regards the cleaning of the car, you had the opportunity to clean the car yourself prior to collection, however you chose not to do so and the car was returned a filthy condition and took over 2 hours for 2 people to clean. It is unreasonable for us not to have to recharge this as it was a cost that you could have avoided regardless of being in lockdown – garage vacuum cleaners and car washes were open still. Regarding the congestion charge, as explained to you when queried, any fines incurred are the responsibility of the registered keeper and as such unless we can represent them and the issuing authority assign them to you, we have no option but to pay them and recharge them to you. We make an administration fee for doing so. As you were in control of the car you could have elected to pay the congestion charge prior to entering the zone and avoided the fee. We also offered to remove the admin fee if you successfully appealed the charge which you claimed was sent in error. All charges and standards were supplied to you prior to delivery and / or collection, and to suggest that we somehow “fleeced” you is completely unjustified, particularly in view of the very poor condition the vehicle was returned in. Whilst we readily accept criticism and negative comments when we have failed to provide a service to the high standards we set ourselves and use any feedback to continually improve our service, untrue and unjustified feedback as in this case is unwarranted and unhelpful. Paul Brown Managing Director
Great service. Clearly explained and service matched the explanation, no hidden charges or trying to make up damage / issues. This is a great solution if you're without a car for a while, far more economic than normal rental companies without out the commitment of leasing.
In short - AVOID! Not a value for money you will be paying. There are two parts to my experience with this company. First - delivery. It was on time and relatively painless. From that point onward it was all downhill culminating with handback of the vehicle itself. If you are looking to go ahead with this company be prepared to pay extra £35 on top of each parking ticket, fine etc. Don't forget, you still have to pay the fine itself. Now, the actual handback. What you need to know is that this company does not have a complaint procedure (an impartial body that would assess complaints based on evidence). Instead, all complaints are handled by the company's director who is the same guy who issues invoices for additional payments. You can guess your chances of winning any appeal here. During the handback their agent inspected the car, took photos and drove the car off. A week after I have received report flagging up additional damages that weren't visible by the naked eye. Those included alleged polishing of 4 alloy wheels that were not done to "their" specifications. They quoted £115 + VAT for each alloy for repair. The rate itself was pure extortion (for comparison, going rate in regular workshop is £70-100). I need to point out here that two alloys had no visible markings on them and 2 alloys had just a minor scratches (which should come under regular wear and tear anyway). This was included in the original handback report. I wrote to Cars on Demand stating that 2 wheels were returned in the same state they were received but claim was simply rejected by their commercial director without an evidence or explanation. Finally, don't forget, you will be paying extra premium rate for the car lease anyway (£526 per month for BMW series 1)
Dear Omer, We did not reply to your comments until now as you were given the opportunity to supply supporting evidence for some of the claims made and we had offered to credit costs back if the claims you made regarding the repair costs could be substantiated - you have not done this and we hope you will now accept that your claims are untrue. With regards the invisible damage, images of all of the damage were supplied and could be viewed easily with the naked eye. All items noted were in excess of the return standards that were sent to you prior to the collection of the vehicle. Along with the return standards, a list of repair charges was also supplied in order that you would be aware of any potential costs should there be any items of damage giving you the chance to arrange any repairs prior to the return of the car, which you chose not to do. With regards the repair prices, our prices include the repairs being carried out to the correct standards and the time to move the car to the repairer etc. and are very competitive vs a similar service from manufacturer authorised repairers. The administration charges for fines are clearly detailed in all documentation sent to you at the time of entering into the hire agreement, in addition, we are not in control of the vehicle and have to manage the processing of any fines that you incur - clearly it is only reasonable that we recover the costs of your own incursions which we cannot be responsible for. We followed our complaint procedure and management of your disputes, answered every question raised and forwarded relevant images etc. The members of our team involved in the initial assessment and then responding to your queries are separate from anything to do with invoicing. After you escalated your issues, a Director became involved (who is not involved in invoicing) and we always prefer to try and amicably resolve any dispute. With regards your comments about the lease rate, we do not understand what your point is here, the rate is proportionate to the short term flexible nature of the lease and not comparable to a 3 / 4 year lease rate, and you entered into an agreement on this basis and were happy with the rate when you entered into the arrangement. In summary, we regret that you remain unhappy despite our best efforts to resolve your issues, including awaiting you forwarding documents to substantiate your claims which were not forthcoming. We believe we have followed a fair and thorough process throughout and regret that you feel it appropriate to leave an inaccurate review.
We needed 3 cars very quickly for a new project that may last 3 to 9 months. Jenny was extremely helpful, gave great advice and sourced 3 VW Golf’s that we’re perfect for our requirements. The delivery team were great and the handover process was very efficient and safe. One car developed a minor fault and it was resolved quickly and without interruption to the driver. Great service all round.
I was declined for a car but hadn't been given an indication of the reason for the decline. I feel the tone of the email I got was not friendly, and in my view I made a lot of effort into the application process, including providing a deposit. I do not feel the system of validation checks are fair, or reasonable because it doesn't enable the customer to understand how they have reached a commercial decision decline the application. You go to a bank and they decline the application - they will say it's down to credit scoring and refer you to external agencies. I spoken to the Sales Director and his response was rather abrupt and rude in my opinion. ''We are not at liberty to pass this information, your application has simply been declined. This can be for many reasons.'' This email does not in my view give an indication of what it is I have done wrong to be declined - is it a personal issue, is it my credit file, - no idea.
I wouldn't even give them 1 star. I leased with them as I needed a temporary solution. They were quick to get a car out, however things went down hill the moment they collected my car. There was the faintest of alloy damage on 3 wheels to which they charged 100+ vat which is ridiculous, not only did I not get my deposit money back after one inspection at my property and another when it got to Silverstone but now few weeks later they send me another invoice saying they identified a damage 2 weeks after taking my car! TLDR; do not use! Go to select car leasing or others who have been doing this for years and comply with BVRLA. Stay away! I've read others saying they give excellent support for a quick sale but it's all downhill after.
Dear Anwar, We regret that you have felt the need to leave a negative review and to do so anonymously, however the information you have posted on the review site is both incorrect and untrue. When the car was collected, all of the items of damage were noted and pointed out to you. At the time, you accepted them and signed our collection documents (along with photographic evidence) to confirm the damages and did not dispute repairs would be required. Once you were advised of the repair costs, you stated that you felt they were too expensive and that you could have had them repaired at a lower cost - even though you did not arrange to repair them yourself before the return of the car. We offered to let you obtain a quote from a Kia approved repairer, and if the price they quoted was cheaper than our costs, we would price match. We gave you until 5PM on the 21st September to supply this, however, you failed to do so and therefore we sent you the final invoice for the repairs. On this basis, I sincerely hope you will amend your review or remove it as you had previously suggested the service had been very good. Yours Sincerely Paul
I cannot rate Cars on Demand highly enough. From their exceptional sales executive Jenny Shaw to their delivery driver Kevin & all the other staff I've spoken too. Theor customer service has been second to none & as my first time leasing a car I honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience or someone to help make it all so straightforward. Quick responses, turned things round in a day, responded within seconds when I had a question. Not to mention the car is also a luxury. Thank God for this first class company & it's staff. Thank you Jenny :)
Ben was really helpful, car was here in less than 2 weeks and I’m happy with everything!
Cars On Demand is rated 4.3 based on 49 reviews