Billingham Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Billingham

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Billingham deliver?

How can I contact Billingham?

About Billingham: Billingham are a family owned company, manufacturing camera bags for the world’s photographers since 1973 alongside a range of leisure and laptop bags. All bags are made in the West Midlands area of England, a region famous for manufacturing. A core reason for Billingham’s longevity is the fact that from the start, the Billingham family were determined that their products would always be made to the very highest standards from the best available materials to provide high levels of protection for their valued contents.

A notable feature of Billingham camera bags is that they are made from a distincive 3-layer waterpoof canvas that never needs reproofing. They also feature genuine top grain leather and solid brass details.

Like any premium product, the quality of materials, design and craftsmanship that goes into creating a Billingham means that it represents a significant investment. It’s important that they don’t just look beautiful, but that they do their job of protecting equipment wherever they are and whatever they’re being used for – year in and year out.

M Billingham & Co Ltd
City Estate
Corngreaves Rd

Tell us how Billingham made you happy

Thomas T
"very satisfied also with by second Billingham bag (first is a Hadley Small in Canvas, second a Hadley Pro in Fibrenyte), prompt and uncomplicate delivery, bags are really great. I bought a third divider to adapt the Hadley Pro to a MFT-Hadley-Pro with 4 areas - big enough for the MFT-lenses, even for my 40-150/2.8 Pro Olympus. As I have a really thin labtop I can carry my labtop + my papers for my job + my photo equipment + my calender (in one of the front pouches of the Hadley) and so I have my camera always with me - great!"
Kan S
"Good design,good quality,good service & reputable"
Robert T
"It's my first experience with Billingham bags. I've read a lot of positive reviews, I've seen a lot of review videos. Since in my location there is not much opportunity to see these bags alive, I decided to risk it and order it. And I'm more than happy with my decision! TOP quality!"
Does this review relate to a purchase from Billingham's website or somewhere else? Billingham.co.uk
How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"I've finally found a bag that comfortably fits Pro DSLR's. This bag is perfect and so easy to organise your gear. I bought so many bags over the years looking for the perfect bag and finally I've found it, well done Billingham."
Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your great review, we're so glad your Billingham bag is perfect for you.

Billingham Team
Does this review relate to a purchase from Billingham's website or somewhere else? I bought the bag second hand somewhere else.
How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Order was correct and arrived promptly. As always the item was expensive but you get what you pay for!"
Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for your great review!

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"the best bag ever for my leica m.... and also fast delivery. the quality is there !"
Dear Muhd,

Thank you for your lovely review!

We're very pleased to hear that you are happy with the bag, quality and our fast delivery.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"The Hadley Small Pro Camera Bag is an excellent, well made bag that is a little smaller in real life than the photos on Billingham's website imply. I have exactly the same cameras as those illustrating the sage/chocolate version of the bag but only just managed to fit them in. It took me quite a while to adjust the very "sticky" velcro dividers to get everything to fit. That said, the level of protection is very high and the bag should last for many years as the materials and fittings are top quality. Recommended."
Dear James,

Thank you for your great review!

We are very glad that you are pleased with the quality of your Hadley Small Pro and that you are satisfied with the level of protection it offers.

The velcro can take a little getting used to, however it's the best option we have at the moment to keep equipment secure.

Thank you for recommending!

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"I have a hadley small and now got me a nice insert for my leather bag - great quality, value for money and great style as well!"
Dear Thomas,

Thank you for your great review! We're glad you are happy with your Billingham products.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Been deliberating about buying the Hadley Pro for while, glad I just bought it. Its a classic bag, and made to last. The leather straps where a bit tough to open at first, but starting to break in now. It fits the Olympus Em1 mk2, 7-14, 12-100, 40-150, 17 1.8 and the teleconverter in the main bag. And each can be fitted on the camera and put back in the bag. The foot needs to come off the 40-150 if you want to leave on the camera and have it fit in the bag nice, but it will fit left on and will fit in the bag. Pockets on the front then have a load of space for other camera and day stuff. And there's enough space behind the camera insert to occasionally fitting a MacBook Air, or a 12.9 iPad Pro. So glad I just finally bought one."
Dear Tim,

Thank you for your five star review.

We're glad you made the leap and bought the Hadley Pro! And that you're pleased you did so :)

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Couldn't find the colour of the 207 sage and chocolate anywhere else, so decided to buy direct, delivery was exceptional, ordered and informed Billingham that I needed it within 2 days as I was flying out, they catered to my needs and delivered it well within the timelines. The bag itself is not the first Billingham I have purchased, which speaks volumes about the quality of the bags."
Dear Rajpal,

Thank you for your five star review! We're so glad you are pleased with our customer service and quality of our products.

Thanks for being a fan!

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"A mala tem uma optima qualidade. Perfeitamente adequada ao equipamento que uso normalmente- uma Fuji XT 20 e uma objectiva."
Dear Rui,

Thank you for your five star review!

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"I think that these end pockets are a little to big for a rucksack 25/your advice"
Dear COZ Jean-Christophe,

Thank you for your five star review.

The AVEA 8's are a little more wide than they are deep on the rucksack 25, however some are happy with this look.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"The camera bag is good. It is very qualitative. It is very convenient to transport. I use it to convey a CANON 5D MKiv or a 6D MKii with a lease EF 24mm f:1.4, a EF 50mm f:1.2 and a EF 135 f:2.0. Alternatively, i can transfer a EF 24-70mm f:2.8, a EF 70-200mm f: 2.8 and a EF 16-35 f:2.8. Extra filters, cleaning cloths, and a CANON G7X MKii. So far so good. The bad thing is that it does not have brackets on the bottom for protection, and it is also 2,0X3,0 cm longer to fit a 15 inch laptop easy. I do not understand why this has not happened. Beyond that is recommended."
Dear Nikiforos,

Thank you for your five star review.

We're glad that you are enjoying your Hadley One however we are sorry to hear that you are not able to fit your laptop in too. Our Hadley One is only designed to fit a 13" laptop in to, however if you wanted to fit your 15" laptop in we would recommend the Hadley Large Pro.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"The tablet/laptop sleeves are just as good a fit for an iPad Pro as they are for a slim 13” laptop, affording good protection from both knocks and fingerprints. See them outliving the hardware and still looking good as the value they doubtless are."
Dear George,

Thank you for your five star review.

We're glad you are happy with your laptop sleeve!

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"I bought the pocket as an attachment to my 225 bag. Both products are great and the best camera bag I have ever had."
Dear Edgar,

Thank you for your five star review. We're thrilled you are happy with your products!

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Beautiful bag! And great craftsmanship in every detail. Really happy with my new bag!"
Dear Geert,

Thank you for your five star review.

It's great to hear you are happy and admire our craftmanship.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Very impressed with my purchase. Aesthetic and build quality of the bag I bought is excellent. Sadly my delivery was delayed due to a fault, however Billingham were brilliant and solved it straight away. They even threw a small extra into my order free of charge!"
Dear Dan,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We're so glad you are impressed with your purchase and our customer service.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"beautiful design, and decent quality, however a bit pricey."
Dear Jacek

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you like the design and quality of your new bag.

With regards to the price of our bags, our material costs are more than many of the finished complete camera bags that you see in other places. We use three layer fabric with a butyl rubber middle that water can't pass through, real leather and solid brass for example. Also our bags are made in England which carries extra costs too.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Lack of internal dividers. Pretty lamentable on something approaching £300. No padded shoulder strap, ditto re above. Do you know how many of your bags I've bought over the years? 11; god knows why. I won't be buying any more. And your use of UBS as a courier - really? You think it's great that a loyal customer of yours has to wait in all day? Not a good experience in any direction, I'm afraid."
Hi Charles,
Thank you for your feedback – I’m really sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the bag and the courier.

With the ‘Hadley Large Pro’ it was designed manly around the assumption that people would be carrying long lenses and so doesn’t have the horizontal dividers that the other Hadleys do. But clearly that assumption hasn’t proved correct in your case – so I’ll pass that feedback onto our designers.

With the shoulder pad - that was omitted for three reasons. Firstly if we included one that would increase the manufacturing cost of the bag which would have to be reflected in the selling cost. Obviously they are made with a lot of very high quality leather which carries a cost to it – but also a lot of manual labour goes into each one. Second we offer two different shoulder pads for the Hadley Large Pro – the ‘SP20’ and ‘SP50’ so not including one lets people make the choice about which suits them best. Finally some customers live very happily without them. We do understand there are negatives to not including one, and we are sorry the decision disappointed you, but it was a decision made for good reasons. Of course I’ll pass on your feedback to relevant people in the company in case they wish to change this policy in future.

In terms of UPS – we are quite a small company so only really have the shipping volume to use a single courier economically. We chose UPS because they offer a consistent and broadly high quality service around the world – indeed we pay extra to use them compared to other couriers because of this (even though we gave you free shipping). Of course in England we lucky to have some other couriers that are very adept at timed deliveries etc – but those don’t offer worldwide delivery. I hope this explains our choice of UPS. I would say that they do offer a service called ‘UPS My Choice’ which you may want to look at if you ever deal with them in future https://www.ups.com/gb/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page . ‘UPS My Choice’ offers estimated delivery times and the option to redirect shipments to a UPS Access Point or reschedule a delivery. Together with the option in our checkout to set a ‘delivery address’ that isn’t your ‘billing address’ there is no reason why anyone should have to wait in all day for a package. We are currently working on a new website that I hope will let us offer a greater selection of UPS’s services such as pre-noon delivery etc to help further.

We are sorry again that you’re experience wasn’t what you’d hoped – we were already considering measures that might have helped with delivery and will use your feedback to focus that.

As a gesture of goodwill if the bag is still in perfect, unused condition we are happy to accept it back for a full refund if you return it soon despite the returns period having just expired. If you’d like to do this please let us know.

Thanks again for your feedback and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
""""
Dear David

Thank you for your 5 Star Review.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Billingham asked that I review my purchase and suggest improvements in their service. I truly don't know how they could improve the product or service. I bought a camera pouch for my wife, it was delivered in four days from England to the western USA and my wife is tickled to death. I have two other Billingham bags which I love for their wonderful usability and I suspect I am a better photographer just having such quality over my shoulder. Thanks Billingham."
Dear Richard

Thank you for your 5 star review and custom over the years. We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with the bag & service you received and that your wife is happy too.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Always the best quality, with great customer service. Items that will last a lifetime."
Dear Ian

Thank you for your 5 Star review.

Billingham is rated 4.87 based on 202 reviews