Billingham Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Billingham

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Billingham deliver?

How can I contact Billingham?

About Billingham: Billingham are a family owned company, manufacturing camera bags for the world’s photographers since 1973 alongside a range of leisure and laptop bags. All bags are made in the West Midlands area of England, a region famous for manufacturing. A core reason for Billingham’s longevity is the fact that from the start, the Billingham family were determined that their products would always be made to the very highest standards from the best available materials to provide high levels of protection for their valued contents.

A notable feature of Billingham camera bags is that they are made from a distincive 3-layer waterpoof canvas that never needs reproofing. They also feature genuine top grain leather and solid brass details.

Like any premium product, the quality of materials, design and craftsmanship that goes into creating a Billingham means that it represents a significant investment. It’s important that they don’t just look beautiful, but that they do their job of protecting equipment wherever they are and whatever they’re being used for – year in and year out.

M Billingham & Co Ltd
City Estate
Corngreaves Rd

Tell us how Billingham made you happy

Robert T
"It's my first experience with Billingham bags. I've read a lot of positive reviews, I've seen a lot of review videos. Since in my location there is not much opportunity to see these bags alive, I decided to risk it and order it. And I'm more than happy with my decision! TOP quality!"
Edward O
"Yeah, well. The bag was a hell of a lot smaller than in the picture. Beware, some deceptive photography"
"The hype is all true! I have always wanted to buy a Billingham but the price was prohibitive for me. Sure it's gorgeous and made in England but I said to myself, a bag can't possibly be worth that much? So I always put buying one aside. Then there was a Black Friday sale and suddenly a Billingham was within reach! The Hadley large camera bag was available at a price too good to be true so I jumped on it knowing that if I didn't like it then I wouldn't be out too much $$$ or should I say £££ ;-) I placed my order on a Saturday night and I got my order by Wednesday! Wow! Some of my Amazon orders took longer and this flew across the pond! Great customer service and I even got a small gift due to a delay in shipping which was not even Billingham's fault! Anyway, I got the Imperial Blue and the color is beautiful! It's a bit big for what I need (2 RFs and some lenses) but it is flexible enough to double as an everyday messenger bag and I always get compliments on it. I'm sorry I waited this long to get one but this certainly will not be my last bag. I can now see why people have multiple Billingham bags (a friend has 6!) so I will probably be going down the same rabbit hole lol. Long story, short, I am very pleased and will be recommending it to anyone considering a high quality camera bag that will withstand the rigors of travel and everyday use. I've already bookmarked your website so expect a new order soon. Merry Christmas!!!"
Does this review relate to a purchase from Billingham's website or somewhere else? Billingham.co.uk
"My wife gave me a Christmas gift (2018) of a Hadley (Small) camera bag which for me, as an enthusiast photographer, a fantastic and useful present, which goes nicely along with my Olympus Pen F camera. (Latest digital model) The bag is well designed and beautifully constructed, faultless in fact, and the perfect “just fit size” to take just the essentials on “assignments” (code for holidays! ) favourite lenses, batteries & memory cards. I liked the various colours on offer, but requested plain black, as goes with my other Billingham bags, and also discrete and doesn’t attract unwelcome attention of having some expensive kit inside to steal. I am a firm believer in Buy British and Billingham are a long established independent British company (est 1973) and still actually construct their products in the UK. All in all, a quality British product, with timeless understated design, with adaptable velcro inserts, and will give the proud owner years of good service and will still look fantastic and cool in the years to come. A great investment in my favourite hobby."
Posted 1 hour ago
How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"High quality that lasts. Well designed to keep camera equipment safe."
Posted 1 hour ago
How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"I measured the bag I needed the dividers for, ordered the corresponding product from the website, it came quite quickly and is a well made product, just the right combination of structure and give. Very happy."
How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Billingham delivers quality, easy to use and comfortable bags."
Dear Boris,

Thank you for your lovely review.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"The design is typical Billingham. It may not be for everyone but I happen to like it a lot. The quality is, as you have every right to expect, faultless. No doubt this bag will last for years and years like the other Billingham bags I have (or have had). There is only one change I recommend, and that is to offer flexible options for choosing Inserts at the time of purchase. In my case, in addition to the standard half insert, I had to buy a full insert and will likely end up buying additional S3 dividers as well. That is a lot of extra inserts to buy (and store). Finally, let me single out Billingham Customer Service. They are responsive, friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and creative. An example for every company selling online. Bravo!"
Dear Per,

Thank you for your five star review.

We are so happy to hear that you like our designs and are satisfied with our quality.

With regards to the options of dividers at the time of purchase, unfortunately at the moment we don't have the facility to do so. It is however something that we will consider in the future when we are able to.

Thank you for your kind words.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Excellent service! One of the best made internet pages concerning equipment. Was also a reason to buy Billingham."
Dear Uwe,

Thank you for your complimentary review! We are thrilled that you find our website so informative.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Excellent. I was hesitant to order at first but after ordering a few items, the excellent experience will definitely make me order again. Satisfied customer here."
Dear Angel,

Thank you for your five star review.

We are glad that you have had an excellent experience with us and that you will order with us again!

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Amazing quality bags and very fast international shipping."
Dear Ali,

Kind regards,

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"I have several Billingham bags and the small Hadley pro fits nicely in the lineup as a walk around bag. I carry a Leica M10 and and old IIIf with a couple screw lens and M adapters. I added a pouch on the end when I need a little extra space. Plenty of room but small enough that I don't load it down with what I don't need to carry."
Dear Frank,

Thank you for your five star review.

It is lovely to hear that you are satisfied with your Billingham bags and that you can carry everything that you need.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Really great bag. This is now my fourth Billingham bag, and they have proven to be sturdy, well made, and holds up great in all kinds of weather. The extra compartments are very handy, and the zippered closures give me a peace of mind as I travel about. You can never go wrong with a Billingham bag. Thank you."
Dear Angelika,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are so happy to hear that you are finding our bags sturdy and well made, as they should be. Thank you!

Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are so pleased that you made the decision to go for it and are happy with your purchase!

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Owned a hadley pro for many years and it's been perfect for my needs, but recently switched to mirrorless so needed something smaller to hold my now smaller gear. The hadley small was a great choice as it's robust, well designed and perfectly sized for my mirrorless camera and 3 lenses. I've no doubt it'll last me many years to come."
Dear Sam,

Thank you for your lovely review!

We are so glad that our Hadley Small bag fits your new needs and that you are so happy with it.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Very efficient logistics service. High quality product. Very happy purchase."
Dear Wing,

Thank you for your complimentary review.

"Good quality send fast"
Dear Tat On,

Thank you for your five star review!

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"good quality as expected"
Dear Indra,

Thank you for your kind words.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"I am very pleased with my black 225 bag, but was surprised to find that it came with an olive green interior and Superflex. If I had know this I would have bought more Superflexes in olive green rather than the black ones I'd chosen! Perhaps the web description could make this clearer for other customers?"
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your review and your feedback. We have now amended the description for the SuperFlex Partitions to list what colour inserts are intended for what bags - hopefully this will make it clearer for other purchasers in future.

Of course if you you'd like to return your Black partitions for a full refund that is ok so long as you have kept them in perfect, unused condition. If you'd like to do this just send us an email at help@billingham.co.uk

Thanks again!

Regards,

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"Overall a very postive experience."
Dear Robert,

"Absolutely excellent"
Dear Joy,

Thank you for your five star review!

Dear Edward,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear that the bag was smaller than you thought, however we do provide measurements on our website for all of our products. Also, we do have bigger sizes in the same bag if you wanted to take a look - 335, 445, and 555.

I hope this is helpful.

How do you rate the delivery service used by Billingham?
"This is not the first for me to purchase the Billingham items. In view of the special offer given, I've selected another camera bag (S4) for my mirrorless camera. The delivery of goods is fine except the charge was substantial (GBP20). Upon receipt of the S4, the quality is extremely good which fit my new system. Once again, thanks for your special offer given and hope to have another purchase shortly. Regards, KO C W Benjamin"
Dear Chi,

Thank you for your five star review.

We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with your products and that you were able to take advantage of our special Black Friday sale!

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the cost of carriage, however we significantly subsidise the cost of delivery to Hong Kong already - we charge you less than it costs us. Unfortunately we are unable to reduce this cost any further at this time, however we are looking at other carriers to try to reduce this further in the future.

Billingham is rated 4.87 based on 120 reviews