Baby and Child Store Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Baby and Child Store

About Baby and Child Store: Our aim is to provide you with a comprehensive range of baby and child products from the industry’s leading brands at fantastic prices!

customerservices@babyandchildstore.com

How would you rate Baby and Child Store?

"Excellent service from start to finish, will shop again"
"Thank you very much Baby and Child Store! I cannot recommend this company enough. The service they offered me was exceptional, exceeding any reasonable expectations. There was some issue with the delivery of my order due to inclement weather, though their Customer Services team did as much as they could to keep me informed. The stroller was as described and, even though it was delayed, still delivered within the stated timescale. Anyone looking to purchase baby stuff should use Baby and Child Store; though experience I can say that their staff are nothing but friendly and helpful and their prices the best I could find!"
"Poor return/cancellation policy Beware of this company if you want to cancel or return an item. I requested to cancel an order within 24 hours. I ordered on the 15th jan i cancelled on the 16th jan. They claim the order was despatched on the 16th jan. The despatch email i received says 22nd jan. I paid £139 for a bed i requested it to be cancelled within 24 hours. A bed i never recevied and got a refund for £94 They charged me £45. They claim £25 was a restocking fee and £20 was a return fee. For an item ive never recevied. I have reported this to trading standard and my credit card who are currently investigating the issue."
Dear Lorraine Jansen,

Thank you for your reaching out to us with your review and we are are sorry that you are unhappy with our cancellation/returns policy.

The order you placed was for a toddler bed weighing in excess of 30 kg and so considered by couriers to be freight. After receiving your order late on the 15th of January, it was processed and immediately dispatched from the manufacturer as per our policy and in line with your expectations. Although you requested that your order be cancelled within 24 hours of it being placed, something which we do not dispute, it had already been dispatched and so could not be cancelled without a fee. Our inability at the time of your request to cancel the order was explained in full, as were the charges associated with returning the order should you have wished to do so. We received the tracking details from the manufacturer on the 22nd of January and duly passed them onto you in an email. Note that this email did not indicate the date of dispatch, rather the date of delivery. When the courier arrived on the 22nd, you refused delivery of the consignment. As per our cancellation/returns policy and the manufacturers terms and conditions, any order that is refused for delivery will be returned to the cosigner with a return/restocking fee applicable. The fee payable in this case was £45 due to the excessive weight of the item. As was clearly explained, had you accepted delivery of the item and returned it directly to our warehouse, the fee may have been less.

If required, more information about our cancellation/returns policy can be found on the relevant page of our website.

We understand your frustration at having to pay the fee, however as has been explained in order to keep our prices competitive for all customers, we cannot pay the charges that result from a customer changing their mind about an order after it has been shipped.

Kind regards

Customer Services Manager
Emma Pisano
Verified Buyer
"They very promptly responded to my query, was amazing help. They called back with an update which I couldn’t believe. Err helpful and lovely staff. Amazing prices as well xx"
"The service from Baby and Child Store was exceptional, the team are very friendly and willing to go as far as necessary to exceed expectations. Despite my many calls about the nursery furniture (regardless of the fact that the information is on their web site) nothing was too much, delivery was fast and on time with a follow up call to make sure all was as expected ( I am 2 weeks off having my first child, need i explain more!) I will be telling all my nursery friends about this fabulous British company. Amazing value, amazing staff and amazing products. THANK YOU."
"Ordered the Obaby Stamford Cot Bed on a Tuesday morning and it arrived the next day! So impressed with the efficiency and the cot was very well packaged and looks lovely. Would definitely buy from again."
Neil Bourne
Verified Buyer
"Ordered a cottage bookcase for Grandaughters Christmas present. Unfortunately the bookcase had some faults. Reported this to Baby and Child who were absolutely brilliant in their response and sorted out the issue with a replacement delivered within four days of my getting in touch. Cannot fault the customer service, especially Chris, for the way they handled my issue. I will have no hesitation recommending or purchasing from Baby and Child again. First class service!"
Mr Stephen Lee-Amies
Verified Buyer
"The child seat is great. Easy to fit and seems very comfortable."
Mrs Elizabeth Semmens
"Great communication"
Mrs Elizabeth Semmens
"Great communication"
"Competitive price and good delivery time."
Ms Zoë Anastasiou
Verified Buyer
"Quick delivery and really happy with the table with chairs we ordered for my 2 and a half year old. Nice and sturdy and I expect will last very well."
Mrs Susan Jones
Verified Buyer
"Product fabulous and extremely reasonable. Service excellent - could not fault anything."
Mrs Loretta Brodie
Verified Buyer
"Kept in touch throughout process until delivery of goods. Delivered within a few days of order. Princess desk looks lovely. I’m sure my grandaughter who will be 4 on 5th nov will love it."
"Product arrived quickly. Beautiful dolls house, daughter will love it."
Mr Nick Gray
Verified Buyer
"Service from ghd store was excellent but my wife had to struggle getting the cotbed indoors as tht DPD drivers said he was to busy and had other deliveries to do."
Mrs Ann Adcock
Verified Buyer
"Bought a branded item at very good price and quick delivery"
Miss Diane Cooper
Verified Buyer
"Great item and very fast service"
Mr Andrew Russon
Verified Buyer
"Great prices and fast delivery"
Mrs Grace Berry
Verified Buyer
"Item as ordered and delivered promptly"
Baby and Child Store is rated 4.91 based on 349 reviews