Avaris Reviews

of reviewers recommend Avaris

Tell us how Avaris made you happy
Avaris 5 star review on 9th June 2021
Victoria G
Avaris 5 star review on 9th June 2021
Victoria G
Avaris 5 star review on 3rd December 2020
Paula H
Avaris 5 star review on 3rd December 2020
Paula H
I am 49yrs old and sold my much loved road bike last Oct when I was struck down with what was thought to be Long Covid and later this year diagnosed as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I went from enjoying fitness throughout my life to only being able to walk initially 10 mins & now 36 mins a day. After struggling both physically and mentally to the overnight shift change of dynamics to my lifestyle & work; I decided that an electric road bike would be a good idea to assist me with my recovery. I found the Avaris 2.3 Road Bike to be not only reasonably priced compared to other named brands, it also came with quality parts which met my needs and for me, was great value for money. So I ordered the Avaris 2.3 Road Bike, I am 6ft 4inch so went for an XL. It arrived 95% built and really easy to assemble the rest and size XL was perfect for me. I took it very steady at first, but after 2 outings on it for 10 minutes it finally provided me the freedom and ability to exercise and regained my confidence to get on a bike again without worrying too much about fatiguing. I have had the bike now for 4 weeks and have now upped my rides to 15 minutes, flying up the hills with ease. Its been a real game changer for me and I would choose an Avaris 2.3 Electric Road Bike time and time again. Its stylish, simple to use and staff are excellent should you have questions. Simply awesome & very happy that I chose to purchase an Avaris 2.3 Electric Road Bike, which will stay central to my recovery and beyond. What is really good is that you can choose the amount of electrical assistance you get from the motor (1 - 9)and have the normal gears should you choose to not use the electric assistance. Excellent bike & very happy😊
Avaris 5 star review on 1st July 2021
MADE ME SMILE ☺ Was apprehensive at first, then took the first step and pedalled around the block, wheee, just like a parent pushing you along. I'm very happy with my bike. A great bike for the price. I feel very proud riding my Avaris e-bike.
Hi Keith, It's fantastic for us to hear we've made you smile with the Avaris E-bike :-)
Last Oct 20, I fell very ill with what was thought to be Long Covid & after suffering until Apr 21 this year, I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Prior to illness I was extremely fit and very active, enjoying cycling up cheddar gorge with my son at weekends. Literally overnight I struggled to walk only for only 10 mins a day and found looking at my carbon fibre road bike sat in the garage was not good for my mental health, so reluctantly sold it. Time passed & until recently now bringing my daily walk to 34 mins, I wondered if an electric bike would assist me getting back on a bike without worrying about being too fatigued so after lots of research settled on buying the Avaris 2.3 Road Bike which was within my price bracket of affordability. The bike arrived 2wks ago and its been so good for me both mentally and physically, literally a 'game changer'. It has provided me with the confidence to enjoy riding a bike again and what I really like is that I am peddling all the time and can change the assistance if peddling is getting too easy or too difficult, which is assisting in my recovery. I have been on my new Avaris road bike every day starting with 10mins and have now gradually increased this to 14 mins where I have achieved 6km with hills. There is no way I could of achieved this on a normal road bike, but the assisted motor going either uphill or against wind is incredible. I cannot wait to the time comes when I can enjoy a 2-3 hour bike ride with my family and not worry about fatigue. Whilst this bike forms a part of my recovery, it's worth every penny - simply outstanding. The bike looks slick and gear changes smooth, electric assist control very easy to operate; I would very much recommend this bike to anyone
Avaris 5 star review on 1st July 2021 Avaris 5 star review on 1st July 2021
THE GOOD: > good availability, easy ordering and finance. Delivery was really quick too. The package is as described and no hassles to finish the bike off. > the power is very noticeable and delivered very smoothly, really nice. > it brings a smile to your face; both on and of it. > the machine hits 25km/h really easily. GENERAL: > kind of expect more than this for £1600.00 (some may not) but there is little choice between £1-2k so I guess its this or nothing at the moment. > This looks very much like an upgraded saneagle from Taiwan. > there is no pump supplied but some odd tools that don't fit anything. THE BAD: > it looks like there should be screw in dust caps on the crank ends but they are not supplied so the bike looks unfinished. > bar tape badly fitted, 1st thing I did was put good quality tape on - properly. > poor controller placement, right where your hand would sit so that had to be moved also (which means stripping the bar tape off). > the controller is not designed for this bike and so it does not sit properly on the bar. Its held on with masking? tape but somehow its firm enough and works okay, just not so nice. > the controller documentation is confusing, unsure if the hardware/software/documentation matches totally but still easy enough once you join the dots. > My frame material has a small gouge in a stress point (that's where cracks start) problem? I don't know. but not nice. > the paint marks and scratches really easily. > their is a neoprene sleeve supplied but no info as to why, I guess its to hold the battery on? > the gears still need tweaking which is a pain. > the brake disks and rims look very cheap and probably are because their is an actual chip out of the aluminium rim where is joins back onto itself. > the bike feels like it needs more low end gears.
All in all a fantastic experience im 66 yrs old and this bike has now made cycling a total joy again.Took me a couple of rides to sus out the best combination of gears and power for different riding conditions especially the hills which are now all a breeze.Ive had 50 miles out of the battery and could probably get more.This bike is not light at 18kg but you wouldnt know it once the motor kicks in.Avaris are a good reliable company to deal with.
Wanted to get a electric road bike to keep up with my husband on weekend rides. I also wanted something lightweight which this E bike was at 19Kg, the battery is also well hidden, so it does’nt look like an E bike. Been for 3 rides so far and I’ve more than managed to keep up, in some cases he’s been out of breath whilst I’ve not been. Look forward to getting out on it more as we get into summer.
Had the bike a couple of months now and love it, been roaming the hills in my local area, which there are many in West Yorkshire. Well worth the investment!
Decided to invest in an E bike this year, there’s lots of choice online, but Avaris looked the best value compared to similar specs priced bikes, ranging close to £3K. With the help of the biks I can now keep up with friends on longer rides and have also dropped some weight at the same time!
I’ve always been relatively into cycling, so though I’d get with the trend and get an E bike. I was blown away by the power of the assist and really impressed with what I could get out of the bike in terms of miles. I also use the battery protector provided to give me extra peace of mind when riding.
I was a little apprehension about purchasing an E bike online, without trying it first and with the price tag of £1800. However, Avaris answered all my queries before purchasing and gave me confidence to purchase. Once the bike arrived it was easy to put together following the assemble video and that was it, I was away. It’s been just over a month since I’ve been using the bike and I’ve done almost 200 miles on the bike and absolutely love it. Gives, me the confidence to go further than I would before and getting towards 60 now I think it’s going to be best way to keep fit going forward!
This is my first E Bike, after eight years riding a normal one, and I couldn't be happier. I had a minor issue with the battery to begin with, but the technical team sorted it very fast. I live in Kent, and there are lots of hilly roads around me, which was a problem before. But with the Avaris 2.3 I can go wherever I want. The 9 levels of asistance let me decide how big is the effort I want to make, and the display is well designed and easy to use. I think the price-quality relationship is very very good, and I am very happy I bought it.
Great product and great customer service. Would highly recommend.
Love it wasn’t sure I would but you still put the effort in just now I’m not having to get off on the hills which where I live there are many well worth the spend
User friendly site, informative, well packaged great product and received on time Extremely powerful electric assist and as a result a very enjoyable ride
Avaris is rated 4.80 based on 15 reviews