Avaris eBikes Reviews

of reviewers recommend Avaris eBikes
Read Avaris eBikes Reviews

avarisebikes@gmail.com

12a Meadway, Padiham, Burnley

Tell us how Avaris eBikes made you happy
Avaris eBikes 5 star review on 9th June 2021
Victoria G
Avaris eBikes 5 star review on 9th June 2021
Victoria G
Avaris eBikes 5 star review on 3rd December 2020
Paula H
Avaris eBikes 5 star review on 3rd December 2020
Paula H
I am 49yrs old and sold my much loved road bike last Oct when I was struck down with what was thought to be Long Covid and later this year diagnosed as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I went from enjoying fitness throughout my life to only being able to walk initially 10 mins & now 36 mins a day. After struggling both physically and mentally to the overnight shift change of dynamics to my lifestyle & work; I decided that an electric road bike would be a good idea to assist me with my recovery. I found the Avaris 2.3 Road Bike to be not only reasonably priced compared to other named brands, it also came with quality parts which met my needs and for me, was great value for money. So I ordered the Avaris 2.3 Road Bike, I am 6ft 4inch so went for an XL. It arrived 95% built and really easy to assemble the rest and size XL was perfect for me. I took it very steady at first, but after 2 outings on it for 10 minutes it finally provided me the freedom and ability to exercise and regained my confidence to get on a bike again without worrying too much about fatiguing. I have had the bike now for 4 weeks and have now upped my rides to 15 minutes, flying up the hills with ease. Its been a real game changer for me and I would choose an Avaris 2.3 Electric Road Bike time and time again. Its stylish, simple to use and staff are excellent should you have questions. Simply awesome & very happy that I chose to purchase an Avaris 2.3 Electric Road Bike, which will stay central to my recovery and beyond. What is really good is that you can choose the amount of electrical assistance you get from the motor (1 - 9)and have the normal gears should you choose to not use the electric assistance. Excellent bike & very happy😊
Avaris eBikes 5 star review on 1st July 2021
Bought this bike last year. Its brilliant. Gets me up in to the hills again. ( I am seventy ). The battery lasts all day and really gives you a boost when you need it. Just one criticism. The inner tubes are fitted with Presta valves which IMHO are garbage. Wheels drilled out and Schrader valve tires fitted. Great bike..
The staff were extremely helpful and patient with my questions and limited knowledge, which out me at ease to purchase
Ok so like many a tough decision to go electric, having risen road bikes for years. At the price I thought it worth dipping my toe in the water. It arrived a little late, but very easy to put together. The electronic instruction leave a little to the imagination, as some points didn't seem for this bike, especially the electric control and display. I have had a couple of rides, one 20 miles and one 30. I used assist 1 and a bit of 2. What I found when I got back was that my heart rate was significantly less, but my work out was more fat burn than hard or cardio. When you are on the flat and moving about 15mph or more, the assist switches off and you then have a slight resistance, bit like a spin bike. I much prefer that as a work out. Had 2 plus bars out of 5 left on the battery on the 30 mile one and that included a long 2 mile steep uphill and a shorter but steeper one of 1 mile. If you are willing to use your own effort a bit, I can see this reaching a 50 odd mile range. So far so good. Tech support is ok and a quick message and a small token for late arrival and a new pack of bar tapes sent. Time will tell, but so far so good.
This is a great bike. There are bikes that cost 3 times as much that are only 20% better. My buying experience, company easy to contact via email, ordering no problem. Deliver via DX given tracking info which confirmed bike loaded onto local lorry - Leeds 8.00 am on agreed delivery day. Not able to track further on line. Driver arrived 5.00pm. Fortunately we we in all day. Spoke to Avaris who said driver should have called. Packaging - great no damage Assembly - watched the online video which is helpful. Mounting the handle bars, you will notice the video fudges this a bit, showing tightening not the mounting. Anyway I found it easier to remove the handle bar control display first. Charging - no problem, put battery on bike and read instructions. Please check if you have same printed info, ref to the batter pack lock having 3 positions including on. It only has 2 lock and unlock. It then refers to a "red button" on the pack to switch on. There is no red button but there is an i switch on the handle bar between + and - control. Hold for 5 sec, and all good to go. Not done any long runs but if you play silly Bu**ers and keep it on max for hills your battery will drain quickly. Keep on 1 -3 and you will have a day of support. Upgrades? Fitted SPD and Schwalbe marathon reflex tyres 700 x35, £34 at Halfords. We have an electric tandem and trust me a rear puncture is a pig to fix. So there is is a well priced electric racer, enjoy.
Having recently been diagnosed with arthritis, I wanted some way of keeping up with my fitness. After much research I bought my Avaris through the ride to work scheme. As someone who was once a keen cyclist I was disappointed when the bike first arrived - it weighs a ton! and the spec is bottom of the range. However after fitting some decent pedals and some new bar tape and a few experimental rides - I now love it. You still have to work hard (or as hard as you want to) but you have that bit of extra help when you need it. Buy the bike, I don't think you will regret it. Thanks to Jason for the technical support.
Just completed my first 100 km on one charge having got bike off santa. Apart from the hiccup of not knowing you change gear using the brake lever ( i felt a right plonker) i find the bike great. Much quicker than my hybrid bike. Cant wait to try it on the local gravel tracks in the summer.
Just completed my first 100km on one charge, after getting this bike for Christmas. I love it. I struggled to change gear at first until i went into a local cycle shop and she explained you change gear using the brake levers. I felt such an idiot. I owned a hybrid mountain bike before this but ive got to admit even without the motor on this bike flies. Its a great bike, not that heavy and an easy ride, i cant fault it. Roll on Summer
Hi Paul, Great to hear you're loving your new Avaris bike. I wouldn't feel bad about the gear changing confusion, lots of people ask us this question, so glad you got sorted. If you have any more queries please ask and one of our technicians can help you. Roll on summer and lighter days for riding:-)
Really happy with my Avaris electric bike. It helps me to go much further than I would before and has helped me love cycling again. Although a big expense, it is excellent value for money overall, for the enjoyment the bike brings. Would definitely recommend this company too - the staff I spoke to were all very friendly and helpful.
Bought the bike for my wife. TBH did have a few issues getting a replacement part for the bike but now all sorted hence four not five stars, however the bike does deserve five stars it is a great bit of kit looks good and has dramatically improved my wife’s average speed and distance🎉🎉 no more constantly looking back or waiting for her to catch up😂
Hi Trevor, We've tried calling and emailing you, however, haven't been able to get a hold of you, so thought we'd also try to respond to your review directly. We have been investigating, what has happened to your new derailleur. The original new derailleur was sent on the 25th of October and upon investigation, it appears Hermes have lost this package and had not informed us of this. We use DX for delivering our eBikes and they generally offer a very high standard in terms of delivery and service. For sending smaller items and parts we've been using Hermes, however, due to their service levels we have now decided to use another partner for small package deliveries to provide a better service level. We are now going to send you another derailleur, we will email you the tracking details. Also, in regards to the paint, we have checked the original correspondence and can't find mention of an issue with the paint. All our bikes our Quality checked before being sent, so if there is damage, this must, unfortunately, have occurred after the bike left our warehouse. Please send us an email with images of the paint. We can offer you a 10% refund as a gesture of goodwill. Apologies for the essay :-) we wanted to make sure we've covered all bases in your queries. Many Thanks The Avaris Team
The customer service received was fantastic and my new e bike is excellent and looks really cool. It’s making the hills of Durham much easer to get up! 😊
That's fantastic to hear Stephanie, happy riding :-)
As a 72 year old I wanted to get back into cycling, after many years and I though an E-bike would be more suitable at my age. The Avaris bike has been excellent so far, the battery gives a serious boost when required. It has enabled me to go further and hills are also now accessible for me. Highly recommended the Avaris bike. Regards, Derek
I'm still waiting on my Avaris bike to arrive!! I ordered the bike 6 days ago on a Friday which was the September weekend. I heard nothing till the Wednesday when I looked at the tracking details which said the bike was damaged and would be returned. I then called avaris who said someone would call me back which they did quickly. After a chat they asked if I would like a refund or another bike, well another bike please and it would arrive on Thursday. Today is Thursday evening and still no bike!!! So again I went onto the DX tracking for delivery which said " non delivery ". I've waited in all day on my day off and no phone calls from Avaris nor emails from DX. Soo disappointed with the last of communication from Avaris and DX. I wouldn't buy from them again nor recommend them. Also seen it cheaper elsewhere but wouldn't give a price match. Karen ( Glasgow )
Hi Karen, Apologies for the delayed response on this, we were waiting to get all the information from our carrier DX. We've seen the order was placed on Friday 24th September at 3:44PM, this was past our 3Pm despatch cut off so the product was sent Monday morning on the 27th September, we then heard back from the carrier on Wednesday 29th September informing us the bike had been refused on delivery, and so was returned to us. I believe our customer services team then spoke to you and you confirmed you wanted the bike, so this was despatched on Thursday 30th September and delivered on Friday 1st October. It does appear as though there was a mix up with the carrier DX somewhere and they mentioned it was mis-scanned at some point. Although, we advertise 2-3 days delivery, our delivery is actually next day if ordered before 3PM. We have fallen short of our service expectations here so can only apologise. As a gesture of goodwill, would you be willing to receive a 10% refund for the inconvenience? Many Thanks The Avaris Team
After weeks and weeks of research I chose the Avaras electric bike, since I could no longer resist the temptation of an e bike after cycling for 30 years. The assist on this bike is brilliant, but don’t be expecting miracles with the rest of the bike spec, if you are a cycling pro you may be disappointed, but if you are new to cycling or are a mid to high level rider, this bike is very competitively priced and you won’t be disappointed! It’s more than I could have hoped for, I’m now flying over hills 😊
Thanks for the feedback, we're glad you're enjoying your bike. Let us know if we can help with anything in the future Happy riding The Avaris Team
I have waited for a few months before leaving this review as I was very sceptical at a new product of ebike on the market. I was an avid cyclist who very much enjoyed hitting long distance road rides everyday. However I had an accident and ended up suffering from quite severe arthritis. Reluctantly I had to sell my road bike as I just couldn’t hit the hills around my area anymore, so I decided on purchasing an ebike. I wanted a bike that didn’t look to much like an ebike and wanted a road style bike as well. The problem with this is that they are very expensive for what I wanted and then I found the avaris. I was very sceptical at first as it was on the cheaper side of this style. However this bike has exceeded all my expectations, with the great variety of levels to help you can get a good work out or simply just enjoy your ride. I would highly recommend this ebike. Thank you avaris for this great product
Hi Daniel, Thanks for giving this feedback it is much appreciated. One of the brand visions of Avaris was to help people with conditions and ailments like arthritis. We also try to do this at a good price for our customers. If there is anything further we can help you with in the future, please let us know. Many Thanks The Avaris Team.
I was a little sceptical at first with it being what looked like a new brand and the price seemed too good to be true against the competition. However, the positive reviews and returns policy made my mind up. I absolutely love the bike, I’ve gone so much further than I would have done previously without the worry of getting too tired and the return journey being a struggle. I would recommend getting an E bike, it makes the cycling experience so much more enjoyable.
Exceptional bike, battery life is really impressive. Bike turned up with a few scratches on the frame, likely made during transit. I contacted Avaris to let them know and they offered me a discount as a gesture of goodwill. Great Company & Product, would recommend to friends
MADE ME SMILE ☺ Was apprehensive at first, then took the first step and pedalled around the block, wheee, just like a parent pushing you along. I'm very happy with my bike. A great bike for the price. I feel very proud riding my Avaris e-bike.
Hi Keith, It's fantastic for us to hear we've made you smile with the Avaris E-bike :-)
Last Oct 20, I fell very ill with what was thought to be Long Covid & after suffering until Apr 21 this year, I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Prior to illness I was extremely fit and very active, enjoying cycling up cheddar gorge with my son at weekends. Literally overnight I struggled to walk only for only 10 mins a day and found looking at my carbon fibre road bike sat in the garage was not good for my mental health, so reluctantly sold it. Time passed & until recently now bringing my daily walk to 34 mins, I wondered if an electric bike would assist me getting back on a bike without worrying about being too fatigued so after lots of research settled on buying the Avaris 2.3 Road Bike which was within my price bracket of affordability. The bike arrived 2wks ago and its been so good for me both mentally and physically, literally a 'game changer'. It has provided me with the confidence to enjoy riding a bike again and what I really like is that I am peddling all the time and can change the assistance if peddling is getting too easy or too difficult, which is assisting in my recovery. I have been on my new Avaris road bike every day starting with 10mins and have now gradually increased this to 14 mins where I have achieved 6km with hills. There is no way I could of achieved this on a normal road bike, but the assisted motor going either uphill or against wind is incredible. I cannot wait to the time comes when I can enjoy a 2-3 hour bike ride with my family and not worry about fatigue. Whilst this bike forms a part of my recovery, it's worth every penny - simply outstanding. The bike looks slick and gear changes smooth, electric assist control very easy to operate; I would very much recommend this bike to anyone
Avaris eBikes 5 star review on 1st July 2021 Avaris eBikes 5 star review on 1st July 2021
Hi Simon, it has been an absolute pleasure to help you on your road to recovery. One of Avaris's founding principles alongside the eco benefits of e-cycling, was to help people recovering from illness or injury with our bikes, so your story fills us with pride.
All in all a fantastic experience im 66 yrs old and this bike has now made cycling a total joy again.Took me a couple of rides to sus out the best combination of gears and power for different riding conditions especially the hills which are now all a breeze.Ive had 50 miles out of the battery and could probably get more.This bike is not light at 18kg but you wouldnt know it once the motor kicks in.Avaris are a good reliable company to deal with.
Wanted to get a electric road bike to keep up with my husband on weekend rides. I also wanted something lightweight which this E bike was at 19Kg, the battery is also well hidden, so it does’nt look like an E bike. Been for 3 rides so far and I’ve more than managed to keep up, in some cases he’s been out of breath whilst I’ve not been. Look forward to getting out on it more as we get into summer.
Avaris eBikes is rated 4.70 based on 30 reviews