The Event Academy Reviews

Business Design Centre
52 Upper St
London

Tell us how The Event Academy made you happy
Choosing to study the Diploma in Events Management was the best decision I had ever made and all thanks to The Events Academy for making it possible. Not only have I grown in confidence however the support and wealth of knowledge and skills I received was priceless.
The confidence I have now has made me even more fearless, determined and more passionate about the industry that I am working in. Right now I've launched my own bespoke cake company 'Beautiful Ornate Pieces' and we soon will be launching our brand new events service as well. So at this point in my career I'm eating cake and I'm loving it!
The Event Academy 5 star review on 11th April 2017
Great teaching staff and experiences
(Create Live) - Posted 4 years ago
I enjoyed planning and organising events for friends and family in the past and all I wanted was a push in the right direction which is precisely what was achieved by Justine, Rebecca and Claire. I found the experience very encouraging. I would recommend Events Academy to anyone seeking a solid foundation upon which to base their decision to join the industry, or alternatively to offer a sound basis upon which to move forward having actually secured an events management position, like myself, but are new to the role. It was a wonderful experience and very helpful.
I started studying an EM in one of the London universities, but then dropped it after realising that there is too much reading and too little of actually doing. When I found Ashdown Academy, I was thrilled. PG is an amazing program for future events managers, suitable for those both with lots or less experience in events industry. At the end of the program, everyone will greatly improve. The program is challenging and will make anyone to push the boundaries. But at the end of the day, it how you finish will matter the most. A huge advantage of the program is that it offers a three-month placement within an events company of your choice. Thanks to the excellent network, tutors have been very supportive in choosing the right company even though there so many of them in London.
I went into the Foundation Course with minimal knowledge of Events management and came away feeling very prepared for my Event Manager role! Claire and Justine are fantastic, lovely ladies and I honestly cannot recommend them and this course enough. I am recommending this course to people around my workplace and my team. It would probably be beneficial to have some courses run in the North of England - or maybe even online.
The course is excellent. There is a thorough coverage of all aspects of event management, with lectures provided by the great Ashdown team, as well as their contacts of specialist guest lecturers. The live projects are enjoyable and varied, while the fast moving pace ensures constant personal development throughout the course.
A particular strength of the course is the placement element; it is ensured that everyone gains a placement perfectly suited to their own interests and skills. The support given in securing the placement goes beyond expectation.
The Evant Academy is an excellent launch pad into the events industry. It's teaches you everything you'll need to know and offers you hands on experience. The courses are lots of fun but a lot of work!
I rated the course an overall "verygood" as I felt like there were some fundamental things that I learnt on the course that I wouldn't have been able to learn anywhere else. I feel prepared in some senses to go into the events word with a strong knowledge of what is what and how to do particular things. The course gives you a foot in the door into the events world which I think is fantastic !
The course has been very funny, interesting and gave me more knowledge that I thought.
I'm glad to have been part of this family and I'm glad for all the things I learned.
As a international student I never felt my self outside the group or "different " from each other.
Such a good experience and I'm pleased to have done the course in a different language, now I feel strongly and competent.
Thank you to all the teachers and my colleagues.
I couldn't have found a better way to start my carrer in the event sector.
WOW!

The only word I have for this course it was non stop from the beginning travelling to different venues to learning all about the set up of Events. I was truly made to feel like an Events Manager for the week.

I can honestly say it was one of the most incredible experiences and anyone thinking about doing it, STOP THINKING and just do it.

Tutors were all lovely and I could not thank Claire and Justine enough for making the experience so relaxed and made sure everyone came together as a team.
A team of professionals who having worked or was working in the industry brought first hand a rich wealth of experience and knowledge.

I know I wouldn't have been as happy as any other course provider.
() - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you for your lovely review. As one of our valued alumni, your feedback is much appreciated.
Amazing team of lecturers who were inspiring, engaging and passionate about what they do. I felt completely justified about why I chose to work in events in the first place. I left the course feeling energised and excited about my career.
() - Posted 4 years ago
Thanks for your lovely review on your Diploma Course at Ashdown Academy. As part of our exceptional alumni network, you and your feedback acts as a great ambassador to our courses and this is much appreciated.
I enjoyed meeting the other students, although majority of students were young (well young to me) I did not feel left out at all, was included within the group, lessons and the trips out were very interesting and enjoyed them. Only 'grump' was that there was a lot of pressure put on the presentation at the end of the course, and it was in the back of the mind most of the week.
() - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you for you review on your Foundation course at Ashdown Academy. It is an intense week's course and your feedback is all taken on board and much appreciated.
The PDip is very varied and lecturers very helpful. The assignments give a lot of exposure and the internship a total bonus! I found the course incredibly interesting and though only 3 months it is intensive and prepares you well for the reality of events
(Beating The Retreat - Trooping Of The Colour) - Posted 4 years ago
Thanks for your lovely review on your Postgraduate Course at Ashdown Academy. Your review is really helpful and much appreciated as one of our valued alumni.
The lecturers at Ashdown Academy are amazing! They are very thorough, present the courses in such a way that I was excited and anxious to begin my career in events.. I got an insight into the many different areas of events and the plus about the course is that it is CIM accredited and prepares you for the workplace. The group project was the most stressful and frustrating, the challenge of getting everyone to meet to work on the project, some making the effort, others not pulling their weight. Regardless, I did make a few friends and we are in contact.,
Thanks to everyone at Ashdown.
() - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you for your kind review on your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy. Your feedback as one of our valued alumni is much appreciated.
Ashdown Accademy helped me to learn the English standards in event management. Im now a General manager and Head of events in a 4,500 mt Square amazing venue in Elephant And Castle..what else say? Thank you
(Terrence Higgins Trust) - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you so much for your lovely review on your Postgraduate Course at Ashdown Academy. You are a valued member of our alumni and we greatly appreciate your feedback.
Ashdown Academy provided me with the knowledge and expertise I needed to boost my career and confidence and become a successful event planner. Once the course is over you still receive support and advice, and have the opportunity of networking with event professionals through their Alumni events. I would recommend it to anyone!
(Create Live) - Posted 4 years ago
Thanks for the lovely review. We are delighted to have your feedback from your Postgraduate Course and we continue to enjoy hearing your updates and helping you where we can.
The whole experiance was great
() - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you for your kind feedback on your experience on our Foundation Course - it is greatly appreciated.
It helped me to define my career and start my own business. I always dreamed about it, but didn't have enough confidence. Ashdown Academy helped me to believe in myself. Thank you.
(Vostock Capital) - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you for your lovely review on your Postgraduate course at Ashdown Academy. We are delighted for you and greatly appreciate your feedback which we hope will go on to inspire more to do the same!
The Event Academy is rated 4.51 based on 110 reviews