Allcocks Outdoor Store Reviews

Read Allcocks Outdoor Store Reviews

sales@allcocksoutdoorstore.co.uk

10 York Street

Tell us how Allcocks Outdoor Store made you happy
My visit to the shop was to purchase a Weihrauch air rifle - Dennis was extremely knowledgable polite and a pleasure to deal with. My other purchase was a pair of boots where I had a very different service. The lady was not knowledgable nor was she interested in her job as I made it clear that I was there to purchase some boots. I did purchase some and returned them a couple of days later as they weren’t quite right (not surprised considering the lack of attentiveness) on returning them another lady served me who equally lacked customer service skills! Service does not come with a smile which one would expect when you’re selling high end clothes.
Since submitting my review above the store have been in contact with me and offered to rectify the issue to my satisfaction.
Hi Anonymous,

Thank you for your review, and I am deeply sorry you have had this experience. We took on a new member of staff just over a month ago and this will be dealt with. I would like to try and give you a better experience as this is not us at all. Customers and customer service is high priory and extremely important to us, I would hope you give us another opportunity to put things right.

Again, we are very sorry.

Kind Regards

Allcocks Outdoor Store
Next day posting misleading unless you read the returns policy, which I suppose you won’t do unless you need to return something,still paid £10 for what should have been a 2nd class fee
We are sorry that you are not happy about the service you received, we have the information regarding delivery/returns on every product page, and also the countdown timer regarding delivery on the header. We try extremely hard to satisfy our customers, and do still pack and post items ordered before our Royal Mail collection at around 4 pm, even though it clearly states cut off for special delivery is 2.30 pm.
To order it at 4.30 pm from a small independent company without checking terms and expect us to overrule Royal Mail is beyond what is possible for us. The item was sent the next day Via Royal Mail Special delivery not 2nd Class. The problem we have is that Amazon take orders up until 8pm and still manage to get their order delivered next day, but we're not Amazon, as much as we would like to be.
I called at the store and asked for 30lb bs fishing line to be told they did not have any, came back home ordered it from the shop on line and it was delivered the next day. Why did that happen? Would not stop me from using the shop but would maybe use online only or phone first
Hi George,

I did phone to apologise for the confusion, a new member of staff and so much to learn, very sorry and hope to see you again soon
Unfortunately the delivery company they used, Parcel Force, managed to loose the goods. Absolutely nothing happened on their website for several days while the site just logged it as “Advised”. They eventually said that it had never been collected,although all the others collected that day were delivered. I was refunded the cost of the item but Parcel Force must have double checked and the goods arrived the following day albeit a week late. By this stage a replacement had been ordered and was delivered on the same day. I now have to return the goods, a hassle I could live without? Allcoks were fine but they were let down by the delivery service they used.
Thank you for your review, I would just like to take the opportunity to apologize on behalf of Parcel Force. We send a lot of parcels using this service as we are restricted on choice due to type of items we sell.

I would like to clarity that the website in question is in fact that of Parcel Force and not Allcocks. We believe the review is harsh as we ourselves could not have done anymore to try and resolve this situation. We were in total communication at all times, both with the customer and Parcel Force, and we took the decision to refund the customer in full before the parcel had been found so as to try and keep everyone happy at this very busy period.
Allcocks Outdoor Store is rated 4.76 based on 135 reviews