Academy Of Freelance Makeup Reviews

info@aofmakeup.com

63 Dean Street Soho

Wafa Mohamed
Verified Buyer
"Alot of information, interested way to learn, great teachers"
Francesca Quagliatti
Verified Buyer
"I studied with AOFM in 2015 and I did the Complete Course of 5 weeks. I really enjoyed it and I have learnt so much from it. After my course I did a test to be able to work backstage at Fashion Weeks. I did London, Milan and New York Fashion Week. I met incredible makeup artists which I still assist. Through AOFM I could get experience working for Editorial shoots and Fashion Films. After almost 2 years since I finished my course I am still working with them backstage and I love it. I would recommend AOFM as a prestigious Academy where to learn and get some hand on experience."
Louisa Grannely
Verified Buyer
"The AOFM was life changing for me. It opened up opportunities I had only dreamt of before. The tutors were so informative and highly experienced within all areas of makeup which gave every student a wonderful learning experience, providing extensive knowledge in a variety of skills. The aftercare is exceptional with continued support and assisting opportunities with some of the industries most talented makeup artists. In addition to this the ongoing free classes with various brands contribute to making the AOFM, in my opinion, the best makeup school I could have chosen to attend. Many many thanks Louisa"
Kimberly Edgar
Verified Buyer
"AOFM gave me my confidence back & the courage to give up my part time admin job and go freelance makeup artist full time. After a particularly challenging few years in my life I made the decision to finally follow my passion and get back into makeup. To do this I needed a school which was great, recommended, known in the industry, and ultimately was going to give me my confidence back into doing what I love, aswell as teach me new skills and techniques. AOFM was that school! What an amazing place! Run by the most talented and knowledgeable people in the industry, you are in such capable hands. They have makeup brands galore for you to try and use during your course, talented tutors from all different backgrounds each sharing their knowledge and skills that they have gained throughout their successful careers and also from the greats that they have assisted In the past. Not only that but the aftercare with AOFM is fantastic. Since graduating from AOFM I have given up my part time job and gone full time freelance makeup artist, I've worked on London Fashion Weeks assisting for AOFM and also on my own merit thanks to the experience gained from being backstage with AOFM. I've now made some amazing contacts and work for ITV regularly and have been confirmed to do a fashion show in Marbella this week. Put your mind to it and don't miss a class (you won't want to), I simply cannot thank AOFM enough and would 100% recommend them to anyone who wants to take a serious step into their makeup career! Thank you to all the staff/tutors at AOFM. Kim E, completed the professional hair and makeup course."
Denisa Kleinová
Verified Buyer
"I have completed the Total pro Creative Specialist Certificate in summer 2016. I had spent a long time researching various make up schools and courses, AOFM really stood out to me among the rest for it's ongoing aftercare. AOFM offers an amazing opportunity to study and work with highly professionals, industry recognised makeup artists. The course was very intense including makeup, hair styling, nails, and airbrush.Everything I learned there is helping me through my career (practical skills, theory, discipline, product knowledge etc...) Since I finished my course I was lucky enough to attend few masterclasses - Charlotte Tilbury, Dior and Bobbi Brown and also I had a chance to be a part of the AOFM team during London fashion week on February and I had a opportunity to do makeup on VIP guests at Century club in London. I did makeup for supermodel Jade Parfitt and Pandora from radio Kiss. I'm heading off to London again in few days to attend the Men's London Fashion week, glad to be part of the AOFM team and once again THANK YOU AOFM for the opportunity, looking forward for any upcoming events."
"Experienced teachers with valuable sharing. Quite a large range of branded cosmetics to be provided in class, e.g. Make Up For Ever, NARS, Bobbi Brown etc. Your hard work will be appreciated by offering different intern opportunities. Photo shooting session arranged by school and paid touched photos are available for portfolio."
Gaetano Noviello
Verified Buyer
"I studied at Aofm less than an year ago. I had no knowledge about makeup (I was a tota beginner) and I found that the full course gave me not only the skills to break in this industry, but also the confidence that I need to build to be able to do it. At the end of the course I had to do a masterclass which is a test which can possibly allow you to work for the official fashion week, and here's the news.. Not only the London one! Aofm will provide you the Milan, Paris and also NY one's! Isn't it crazy? I had to learn and afterwards work with simply the best in the industry. I can name some of them, Michelle Webb, Yin Lee, Valentina Creti.. With Aofm I had also the chance to collaborate with couple of magazines that published my work! I am beyond grateful to the academy and to the amazing staff working in it. Don't consider anything else if you simply wanna work with the best and for the best. Good luck!"
Margarita Villegas
Verified Buyer
"The classes were easy to follow and very enjoyable. You get to fully develop your creativity. The tutors were very inspiring."
Kristjan Krhlikar
Verified Buyer
"I'm very happy because I studied on AOFM. It is amazing academy where anyone can make big career for Makeup artist. I liked AOFM because it can using the most popular brand which used the best makeup Artists round the world. My experience in AOFM is was wonderful because I learned amazing things about makeup with excellent teachers. I love them, and yeah My English language not the best but anyway I learned every things who showed my teachers. AOFM five stars !! Chris"
Sabier Sousa
Verified Buyer
"My experience at AOFM London has been extremely amazing, attended Total Pro specialist course in June 2016. I had the privilege to studying in the best academy in the world, with the best makeup artist and hair stylists. I had this big dream to became a makeup artist and AOFM game me "wings to fly" I loved every second in the academy, the classes and all the tutors incredible supportive and also my wonderful colleagues which we made friendship for life . Fantastic experience. I felt blessed to had the opportunity to use in classes all the luxuary makeup product, attended to channel masterclass which I found incredible. It's fantastic how AOFM cares to give support to their students. Since I left AOFM currently had the privilege to work for Estée Lauder and currently working for Christian Dior. Looking forward to assist backstage to this wonderful academy. Massive Thank you to all AOFM team kindest regards Sabier SOUSA from Venezuela/ Madeira Island"
Pablo Dicken
Verified Buyer
"It was very intense, and there was so many things to learn in a short amount of time. But all in all, the education, care and support that I received from the teachers and the AOFM staff (especially recepcionist Barbara) was amazing and lived up to my expectations. The course has given me more confidence as a makeup artist as well as knowledge, tips and skills."
"I've finished the AOFM course in 2013, the most valuable for me was to meet these great makeup artists who work in the industry and to hear how they made it and what difficulties they had. Another important thing was the training with the makeup brands we had, as it was a great opportunity to try products from different brands and choose the best ones to work with, as my previous makeup school had just one makeup sponsor and I haven't tried any other brand before AOFM. As far as aftercare is concerned, I'm very happy and thankful for the oppotunities I had to assist in Fashion weeks, I did few in London and Milan. It was a really unique chance to learn from our teachers, to see how it all is organized from it's beginning, as I've been to a test with the designer, and how it works until the end. It helped me a lot in my own work when I had to be a key makeup artist. Hope to continue working with AOFM in the future, I still have a lot to learn. Regina"
Georgia Mitsiaki
Verified Buyer
"During my training I had the chance to meet very experienced professionals and to learn from them technics which are very useful for me and I'm glad for that. Regarding the aftercare I just want to thank you because you give me the chance to attend masterclasses and to work on assisting jobs. Also one of my aims is to participate in fashion weeks. More over, I've been doing some photoshoots for a models agency and work for MAC Cosmetics"
Sophia Foremski
Verified Buyer
"AOFM was an amazing experience and I am very pleased I picked this academy. The teachers are amazing, there skills in teaching every aspect of makeup was great, always clear, helpful and I understood everything. They was always there for you if you needed help. It was very intense but also very fun at the same time. The aftercare is amazing helping us find work opportunities and setting up master classes. I really enjoyed my experience at AOFM and I decently recommend AOFM Academy to build up your skills to become a makeup artist."
Hannah White
Verified Buyer
"I studied at AOFM on 2014 in ‘Advanced Make up Artistry’ and it was the best decision I could have made. I was a bit apprehensive as I was making a change in my career. There are so many options of places to study in London that it can get overwhelming of where to start. Since then, anybody who has been in the same position as me, and looking for somewhere to study make up I have sent them straight to AOFM. Starting with the buzz of the location, and the international students and varied ages make it a great place to be. It was an intense two weeks but I very quickly realised I was so passionate about what I was learning and absolutely loved doing it every day. The teachers and their assistants were really helpful and I explored areas of make up that I never thought I would consider as a path, like body painting for example! The teachers and staff at AOFM really know how to help guide you in the direction of where you want to take your career whilst allowing you to express your creativity in every class. The end assessment was perfect to get my portfolio started with a great model and photographer, and the aftercare (a few years later) is still greatly appreciated and helpful to me. I don’t know anywhere else that would provide such a great service and opportunities after you have finished. I didn’t think that I could create my own looks and now thanks to the guidance and inspiration of AOFM I now work as a Professional Makeup Artist but also as a Makeup Designer in Advertising, Film & TV. I feel that the course really pushed me and I absorbed every second, which I still feel useful today when I am working on a project. I will always have great memories of my time at AOFM and if I could do it all over again I wouldn’t change a thing!"
Alexandria Oxspring
Verified Buyer
"The Academy of Freelance Makeup (AOFM) is a international makeup school. I was lucky enough to attend a few years ago. Being the youngest in the class and also starting a new career can be extremely daunting to say the least. My fears were put aside as I began the “Total Pro” Intensive 4 week course. My team had around 15-20 pupils who came from all over the world, wanting to learn from the best of the best. The thing I most loved about AOFM were the teachers you got to learn from. Almost every day there was a new tutor, from a different country, telling you a story about there career in the industry, and teaching you the tips and tricks of the trade. Upon graduating AOFM I immediately felt the benefits from there great aftercare package and helpful team; that continues to this day. Through this I have been given the opportunity to work backstage in Milan, Paris, New York, Tokyo and London. I have assisted amazing artists and have worked in fashion and television. As a freelance makeup artist over the past few years I have worked for MAC Cosmetics, Multiple clothing brands, working on campaigns and look books, private cliental and magazine work. I left AOFM with the make up and business skills that has allowed me to be as successful as I want to be. I would highly recommend investing in your talent."
Nhat-Linh Ta
Verified Buyer
"For anyone that is thinking of starting a career in makeup AOFM is the academy!!! Before starting at AOFM i was a full time nail tech i wanted to learn more and absolutely love getting creative with makeup. Since i have started at aofm in September 2015 i have learnt so much and still keep learning more and improving my skills every time i assist aofm and at the masterclasses. I did the complete pro course as it covered all areas of makeup,hair sfx and nails and enjoyed every day of it! I found the classes great the tutors are absolutely amasing, they made sure that i was ok, understood everything and were always happy to help me with anything i was having difficulty with.  Since graduating aofm i have so many chances and opportunities assisting michelle webb and some many of the other very talented tutors at aofm. Being able to assist so soon after graduating has been amasing, it really gave me a chance to put the skills i have learnt in to action, learning more from each artist on how to become a successful makeup artist. Being able to see and be apart of the work that the tutors do on a daily basis has been absolutely fantastic and so much fun!  Having the chance to assist during fashion week, milan and london have been absolutely great, i have loved every minute of it, thank you for the opportunity to experience fashion week and can not wait to do it again soon!  I have met so many lovely people since starting at aofm and all have become great friends. I love how close and welcoming the AOFM team are, friendly and always helpful to all the students during and after studying.  The only thing i would change,would be that i wishes i lived in London or closer. Every chance that i can get off for any assisting jobs with aofm i have taken it and have had such a great time!  The best decision i have ever made!! Thank you AOFM!!"
"I took a Total pro course with AOFM in July 2015. The course was very intense including makeup, hair styling, nails, and airbrush. I've learned various skills from this course and it is essential to topping up my skills. The course provided me a set of essential brushes with practical brush belt which I love it. Moreover, I had opportunities to try loads of high-end brand products such as Chanel, Gucci, Charlotte Tilbury, Bobbi Brown, Mac, etc. In addition, each class was taught by various experienced freelance makeup artists and I could learn various tips and tricks from them. After graduation, aftercare from AOFM is the strongest point. I've got exclusive opportunities to work backstage at London and Milan Fashion Week. They are an amazing experience and I couldn't ask more. Furthermore, AOFM provides us infinity masterclass. I've attended and got a lot of discounts from several masterclasses with many high-end brands such as Charlotte Tilbury, Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Nars, etc. Overall, it's my right decision to take this course with AOFM."
"I graduated AOFM in 2014. I was happy that I could practice various skin & style. Also, They still give amazing opportunities such as backstage, private fashion show, masterclass, refresh class, event, etc. I met a lot of good makeup artist who can help each other in this industry. I could work various area with portfolio and career from AOFM. I strongly recommend this Academy to build up your skill and career as a hair & Makeup artist. AOFM is the best academy ever."
Pam Kimbrough
Verified Buyer
"AOFM is a great school that has taught me more about the makeup industry than I could have ever imagined. The curriculum set up was perfect. Allowing the student to learn the different fields in the makeup world during the morning half of the day and then hands on application during the afternoon. In addition to what was taught, I would liked to have seen an hour or two devoted to the business side of the industry. Also, add a session for airbrush. I might add that Mykel Renner was my all time favorite instructor. (#Awesome) All in all you and Dani make a fabulous team. You both are very knowledgable about the application of makeup and the makeup industry itself. Dani was fantastic with helping us feel comfortable and you both gave great feedback with your critiques. I feel the training I received prepared me with the tools to go forward as a true freelance makeup artist. Thank you"
Academy Of Freelance Makeup is rated 4.92 based on 83 reviews