Academy Of Freelance Makeup Reviews

Ria Jaini
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 13th May 2020
Ria Jaini
More Photos & Videos
Truly delighted and proud to have graduated from Academy Of Freelance Makeup Dubai in November 2019.
Doing the Pro Artistic course from Aofm is one of my best decisions I ever made.
It provided necessary knowledge,skills and perspective into makeup artistry .
It helped me master various makeup techniques and also opened my creative horizons while learning.

Jana is so knowlegeable and is a very helpful mentor. He personally communicates with each and every student and try to sort out their queries.

In a very short time Aofm has provided me many opportunities. Their Masterclasses give you heightened avenues to learn from the top most celebrity makeup artists and big beauty brands Like Nars, Charlotte tilbury, Bobbi Brown, Dermalogica, Inglot, MAC etc
It took me a month to research and find out the best for me and my first one hour with Jana confirmed I would not go to any other academy but AOFM.

I feel proud to have graduated from AOFM where I was trained by the best professionals in the makeup and hairstyling industry. I am a student from the very first batch in Dubai and I was amazed by the fact that all our mentors were being flown from different parts of the world making sure there is no compromise in the level of teaching .Thankyou AOFM team for all the hard work and support provided during this course and extending support after by giving us an opportunity to be a part of online and offline master classes . The school is very welcoming and I would definitely recommend it. Thankyou so much AOFM x
AOFM Academy is one of the greatest experiences i had in my life ,it's an excellent place to start your journey.
I learned a lot about Fashion, Beauty , Hair and Makeup.
you will learn lots and lots of tips and tricks from a professional Makeup Artists ,the best in that career .
the Academy also provide makeup products from the best brands for the students in it's studio to use while the classes,
and you will get a free set of good quality of different brushes with AOFM logo on it ,how cool is that.
plus you will get the opportunity to attend for amazing free masterclass after graduate.
Also you will be qualified to work under the academy name backstage in the most famous catwalks after a practical test .
so you will learn , have fun, and You will begin your first career steps .
Great place to study especially if venturing into the freelance industry. All aspects taught by professionals who are still actively working in the industry so you are assured the most up to date skills and techniques. Great support, guidance and aftercare long after completing courses. Would definitely recommend if you want to be equipped with a leading edge in your career.
I took The complete artistic pro specialist course in hair Styling and makeup in dubai in jan 2020. The course was Challenging but I learned a lot of things, had fun and made new friends during that period. We were taught By different makeup artist working in the industry and learned different things from each one. Also, the school provided a high quality tools and makeup during the course. Personally i loved creative and special effects classes therefore my favorite instructors were Emily and Jojo; i also enjoyed hair week and loved Betty. After finishing the course the pandemic happened however the school kept in touch and provided a lot of Online master classes, i attended most of them and i liked them all. The school and the classes helped in teaching the way to pursue makeup as a career correctly. Jana also made sure that students understood the makeup industry and how to pursue it correctly to be successful in this career.
I really enjoyed my time there,, two months were not enough 😊
I had an amazing time attending the training with Jana and team @ AOFM Dubai. Spent a month and learned so much about the art and craft of makeup right from basics to advanced creative level! Super fun experience working with the models and photographers who helped me build my portfolio. The 5 weeks complete Artistic Pro Program was a great experience and I highly recommend it to everyone who is serious about their career in Makeup Artistry.👍 Thank you so much ❤️
I was supposed to go to another makeup school, but I’m so glad things didn’t work out and i went to AOFM!
The professionalism of the school, teachers and products exceeded my expectations, even though it was the first course in Dubai. We had a new makeup artist everyday that had flown in from various parts of the world, and we got to learn their techniques and experiences from the industry. In all the research i did, I didn’t find any school that provided the same level of professionalism and care for their students. I only wish i could go back and stay in that school forever, it really feels like home.
I chose AOFM Dubai for the Complete Artistic Pro Course out of all the others because I loved that I would be taught by such a diverse panel of makeup artists. My expectations were met, and how! We were taught so many individual and unique tips and tricks, the techniques they had perfected over the years and a lot of industry knowhow. The academy is well equipped with entire ranges of the best brands like Charlotte Tilbury, Nars, MAC etc. The ability to play around and experiment with all the products and different textures helped enhance our skills and creativity.
As graduates, we now have access to free master’s classes arranged by the academy on a regular basis.
Jana and Emily are brilliant mentors who have made sure we step out as makeup artists who are not only skilled but also disciplined and up to date on appropriate industry behaviour.
I can't stress enough on how important this is, as your natural flair and talent need to be honed into professional skills that will help you build a good reputation in the industry.
Almost a year that I was planning to do a makeup course, I went to look to another makeup school in Dubai, but I did not like it, then I saw an advertisement on Instagram that AOFM opens their school in Dubai. I know they have a school in London.

So I decided to visit the school, and I met Jana, he was so lovely, and he gave me all the information about the school and the courses.

My favourite was the makeup room; I said WOW I've never seen any makeup school have that so many makeup collections for students to practice.

I took The Complete artistic pro specialist course in hair styling and makeup artistry
Date of course: January 11 to February 13, 2020.
I learned so much in this school not only how to apply makeup but also learned product knowledge ( for hair & makeup ) and hygiene as a makeup artist, beauty business, etc.

I feel I made the right decision and I was so happy got to learn a lot from different Professional makeup artists every day,
The teachers were fantastic, very talented and experienced. Also, it was great to learn tips and trick from different Teachers and share their knowledge.

After I graduated from AOFM, they have FREE graduate aftercare Masterclasses program to support all students to help with their career. From makeup brands such as NARS, Dermalogica, Inglot, Charlotte Tilbury, Mac and many more!!
Also, I got to assist my teachers, Emily and Betty, on the Jobs, it Was terrific experiences. ❤️❤️
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 13th May 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 13th May 2020
I have had the most amazing experience with AOFM! My journey started 12 years ago when I completely their makeup & hair course. Fast forward 13 years and I have a strong, successful career working in fashion, advertising, editorial & bridal. Their extensive training and knowledge is priceless and has stayed with me all these years later. I have been fortunate to have had my work featured in Vogue Italia, Grazia, Australian Womens Weekly, WHO, L'Officiel, GQ and many more. I have participated in London Fashion Weeks as part of AOFM ongoing support for their graduates. Following this exposure I have also had the opprotunities to be part of Milan Fashion Week and Melbourne Fashion Week. I cannot recommend their training enough - THANK YOU AOFM!
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd March 2020
I graduated from Complete Artistic Pro course in 2017 and I have to say that choosing AOFM has to be one of the best decisions I’ve made. Even though the classes lasted 5 weeks, I still wish the course was even longer not because I didn’t learn enough, but because I honestly loved every second of my time at AOFM.

Those 5 weeks of invensive training gave me so much - it was not only a turning point in pursuing a makeup career, but also influenced my aesthetics and taught me so much about work ethics and buisness side of the makeup industry. I made amazing friends that I still keep in touch with and would love to do it all again.

Having comparison with two different makeup schools, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that AOFM truly is second to none. The teachers are extremely experienced and professional. I also loved having different turors every day, as it really allows to learn different techniques and further create your own style of makeup that suits you best. Everyday students get to use products from leading beauty brands such as MAC, Charlotte Tilbury, Nars, Dermalogica, Chanel and more and learn how to work with different formulas. Another great advantage is the photoshoot, where students are able to work on professional models and with the help of amazing hairstylist, stylist and photographer start building their portfolio.

After graduating from my course I got a job at Sephora within as little as two days from applying. It was a great learning experience - like some of our teachers recommended - as I got to keep training and perfecting my techniques. I’m currently freelancing and have worked on bridal, sfx and events including a major music event.

After passing my fashion week masterclass, I’ve done three seasons of London Fashion Week with AOFM so far and I’m looking forward to the next ones. What an honour to assist such phenomenal artists as Yin Lee, Michelle Strain, Valentina Creti and Sharka Nunfa. I also had an opportunity to attend a Smashbox masterclass with them and within less than a week from graduating was able to take part in a paid opportunity of assisting Michelle Webb on a sfx job. Even though AOFM’s aftercare programme is unquestionably outstanding, I find that the best mindset is to take up the course to learn as much as you possibly can and treat the opportunities as an added bonus, this way you’ll get the most of your time in class.

Having that said, I would highly recommend AOFM, if you’re ever find yourself considering one of their courses. I truly find it was worth every penny and exceeded all my expectations. I’m so grateful to the AOFM team for everything they’ve taught me, the time I had there and the opportunities they’ve given me.
The acedemy provides special and personal attention to each and every student.Gives after course assistances in the form of master class and firsthand backstage working experience . Highly recommended .
I did the 5 week course at AOFM in London where you learned all the fundamentals of Makeup, Hair, Nails, Airbrush Makeup and Special FX. It was an unbelievable experience because you get to see a bit of everything and decide which path you want to follow and specialise in. The best thing about AOFM is their Aftercare programme where they organise masterclasses with top brands like Bobbi Brown, Charlotte Tilbury Stila Cosmetics just to name a few and they give you discounts on the day to build up your kit. They take you to fashion weeks all around the world to learn and work backstage to put up a beautiful show! I actually joined them for Milan and Tokyo where I learned so much and met so many interesting artists.
AOFM it’s an academy to help any girls to make her dream true. By giving her some tips to start her free lance make or to work on makeup industry therefore helps to give students confidence of themselves.
By following them with aftercare classes. I think aofm they work hard for their students I never see academy that’s take care for the students even after graduation. Xoxo
Hey everyone!!!
My name is Alina, and Ive been always creative , but never new who exactly I want to be , but one day I thought of being a makeup Artist could join all my talents together so I was lucky to choose and study In AOFM academy , the best makeup school in the world. As for me it’s important that AOFM is providing the products of most of the makeup brands I could try them out and see what I actually need in my kit in future , aftercare and opportunities are one huge plus to this, not a single makeup academy could offer masterclasses with high end Brands absolutely free, to always be aware of new product range and new techniques etc.
I have met amazing people , who shoes me how this industry works and how interesting it is . Nothing is Easy, and makeup Artistry is not one of the fields everyone can succeed , but if you are interested in it and you are ready to be the best then choose the best! Thank you
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 10th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 10th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 10th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 10th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 10th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 10th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 10th February 2020
I was trained in Freelance Makeup Artistry with AOFM in London. The course consisted of 6 days of learning skills/looks then recreating them. During the course, I learnt more stuff that I can even list including; professional artistry skills, how to work with different skin types and face shapes, advice on sanitation, self-promotion and how to build up our kits.

We got to work with various makeup artists who all have very different individual personal styles. Each artist brought in their own kits which meant we got to try out different brands each day. This helped us to see what we loved working with and how each product works well with different skin types etc. They also brought along their portfolios so we could see all the amazing work they’ve done. Some of the work was unbelievably amazing! Every day started with meeting the new artist for that day and having a look at their portfolios. We then got a demonstration done on one of the ladies and we got to make notes, take pictures and ask questions whilst we watched. We then got into pairs and recreated the look that afternoon!

I enrolled in the 1 week course where I just learnt makeup. You were able to take a longer course which included nails and hair but also required you to take an exam, which personally wasn’t what I wanted to do. I learnt so many valuable skills in one week. It was so worth it!

Some of the looks I was able to create included; a ‘no-makeup’ makeup look, natural wedding glam, dewy glow look, shaping & filling brows, editorial & finally my favourite- a recreation of an instagram look where I picked a rainbow eyeshadow with matching lips!

They even offer FREE masterclasses for graduates which I am yet to try but I can guarantee will be amazing! They're in a perfect location and I would recommend this course to anyone with a passion for makeup and beauty.
I have attended this academy last year it was my best experience to be part of AOFM it is in the best location the staff is very kind and experienced the best thing is they give you lots of opportunities and aftercare when you finshed your course for example free masterclasses fashion shows photoshoots discount on big brands and much more like that .
AOFM was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I spent quite a bit of time on researching and visiting other make up schools in London and no other school offered what AOFM did. During classes, I have learned so much. It was a very intense time of learning, practicing, and meeting new people every day. Every single day we were learning new techniques and were using new products. I was able to try make up from basically all the best brands that exist on the market, such as Charlotte Tilbury, Chanel, Dior, MaC , Nars, Marc Jacobs, and many more. The teachers were very nice and helpful, always sharing years of their own experience. Besides makeup classes I also did nails and hair. Nail classes were led by Celebrity Nail Professional  Roxanne Campbell. The nails classes were also super intense and loaded with knowledge and practice. Hair were led by Jan Przemyk, Fabio Vivan, and Oscar Alexander. All of those teachers would share their own experience and teach you tricks no one else would.After the graduation, I passed the master class for London Fashion week and was able to work on many fashion shows. It was and still is a dream come true. During LFW, I was able to assist Yin Lee In, Michelle Webb, Nat Van Zee, Valentina Creti, and Roxanne Campbell.AOFM opened the door for me to the fashion and beauty industry. After the school, I was able to participate in many master classes like Tom Ford or Charlotte Tilbury and was able to work on many London Fashion Weeks.I became a part of Roxanne Campbell's team. I was able to assist her on Chanel shoot and during the London and Paris Fashion Weeks.I started working on shoots and fashion weeks, always getting more and more experience. Like I said, AOFM was one of the best decisions I have ever made .
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020
AOFM started my career path as a professional makeup artist and gave me a future in the beauty industry! I definitely recommend to a friend, going to this school opened the door to a profession I love! After graduating from AOFM I was immediately being introduced to jobs and asked to work with artists. I lead and assisted AOFM teams backstage for fashion week shows and on photo shoots. That developed into making connections with photographers which lead to more opportunities. I’ve since worked closely with AOFM and I was invited to help create makeup looks for vol. II of the book, Makeup Is Art! That’s my work credited on pages 128-129!
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 7th February 2020
I went to AOFM a few years ago and it was the best decision I made. I was able to become more confident in my skills and through them I managed to get a job in the beauty industry. For those wanting to get in the industry it is a good place to start. You will gain a lot of skills and when you become a graduate, have an opportunity to take part in the fashion weeks each year. They have amazing staff and assist with the experience and those starting out. I highly recommend attending . You will also make life long friends there.
Academy Of Freelance Makeup is rated 4.94 based on 114 reviews