Academy Of Freelance Makeup Reviews

Alina Barbu
Alina Barbu
Sneha Gopinath
Sahar Dridi
I studied with AOFM in 2015 and I did the Complete Course of 5 weeks. I really enjoyed it and I have learnt so much from it. After my course I did a test to be able to work backstage at Fashion Weeks. I did London, Milan and New York Fashion Week. I met incredible makeup artists which I still assist. Through AOFM I could get experience working for Editorial shoots and Fashion Films. After almost 2 years since I finished my course I am still working with them backstage and I love it. I would recommend AOFM as a prestigious Academy where to learn and get some hand on experience.
Alot of information, interested way to learn, great teachers
I have completed the Total pro Creative Specialist Certificate in summer 2016. I had spent a long time researching various make up schools and courses, AOFM really stood out to me among the rest for it's ongoing aftercare. AOFM offers an amazing opportunity to study and work with highly professionals, industry recognised makeup artists. The course was very intense including makeup, hair styling, nails, and airbrush.Everything I learned there is helping me through my career (practical skills, theory, discipline, product knowledge etc...)
Since I finished my course I was lucky enough to attend few masterclasses - Charlotte Tilbury, Dior and Bobbi Brown and also I had a chance to be a part of the AOFM team during London fashion week on February and I had a opportunity to do makeup on VIP guests at Century club in London. I did makeup for supermodel Jade Parfitt and Pandora from radio Kiss.
I'm heading off to London again in few days to attend the Men's London Fashion week, glad to be part of the AOFM team and once again THANK YOU AOFM for the opportunity, looking forward for any upcoming events.
I studied at Aofm less than an year ago. I had no knowledge about makeup (I was a tota beginner) and I found that the full course gave me not only the skills to break in this industry, but also the confidence that I need to build to be able to do it. At the end of the course I had to do a masterclass which is a test which can possibly allow you to work for the official fashion week, and here's the news.. Not only the London one! Aofm will provide you the Milan, Paris and also NY one's! Isn't it crazy? I had to learn and afterwards work with simply the best in the industry. I can name some of them, Michelle Webb, Yin Lee, Valentina Creti.. With Aofm I had also the chance to collaborate with couple of magazines that published my work! I am beyond grateful to the academy and to the amazing staff working in it.
Don't consider anything else if you simply wanna work with the best and for the best. Good luck!
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 2nd June 2017
AOFM gave me my confidence back & the courage to give up my part time admin job and go freelance makeup artist full time.

After a particularly challenging few years in my life I made the decision to finally follow my passion and get back into makeup. To do this I needed a school which was great, recommended, known in the industry, and ultimately was going to give me my confidence back into doing what I love, aswell as teach me new skills and techniques.

AOFM was that school! What an amazing place! Run by the most talented and knowledgeable people in the industry, you are in such capable hands. They have makeup brands galore for you to try and use during your course, talented tutors from all different backgrounds each sharing their knowledge and skills that they have gained throughout their successful careers and also from the greats that they have assisted In the past.

Not only that but the aftercare with AOFM is fantastic. Since graduating from AOFM I have given up my part time job and gone full time freelance makeup artist, I've worked on London Fashion Weeks assisting for AOFM and also on my own merit thanks to the experience gained from being backstage with AOFM. I've now made some amazing contacts and work for ITV regularly and have been confirmed to do a fashion show in Marbella this week. Put your mind to it and don't miss a class (you won't want to), I simply cannot thank AOFM enough and would 100% recommend them to anyone who wants to take a serious step into their makeup career!

Thank you to all the staff/tutors at AOFM.

Kim E, completed the professional hair and makeup course.
I was trained in Freelance Makeup Artistry with AOFM in London. The course consisted of 6 days of learning skills/looks then recreating them. During the course, I learnt more stuff that I can even list including; professional artistry skills, how to work with different skin types and face shapes, advice on sanitation, self-promotion and how to build up our kits.

We got to work with various makeup artists who all have very different individual personal styles. Each artist brought in their own kits which meant we got to try out different brands each day. This helped us to see what we loved working with and how each product works well with different skin types etc. They also brought along their portfolios so we could see all the amazing work they’ve done. Some of the work was unbelievably amazing! Every day started with meeting the new artist for that day and having a look at their portfolios. We then got a demonstration done on one of the ladies and we got to make notes, take pictures and ask questions whilst we watched. We then got into pairs and recreated the look that afternoon!

I enrolled in the 1 week course where I just learnt makeup. You were able to take a longer course which included nails and hair but also required you to take an exam, which personally wasn’t what I wanted to do. I learnt so many valuable skills in one week. It was so worth it!

Some of the looks I was able to create included; a ‘no-makeup’ makeup look, natural wedding glam, dewy glow look, shaping & filling brows, editorial & finally my favourite- a recreation of an instagram look where I picked a rainbow eyeshadow with matching lips!

They even offer FREE masterclasses for graduates which I am yet to try but I can guarantee will be amazing! They're in a perfect location and I would recommend this course to anyone with a passion for makeup and beauty.
AOFM was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I spent quite a bit of time on researching and visiting other make up schools in London and no other school offered what AOFM did. During classes, I have learned so much. It was a very intense time of learning, practicing, and meeting new people every day. Every single day we were learning new techniques and were using new products. I was able to try make up from basically all the best brands that exist on the market, such as Charlotte Tilbury, Chanel, Dior, MaC , Nars, Marc Jacobs, and many more. The teachers were very nice and helpful, always sharing years of their own experience. Besides makeup classes I also did nails and hair. Nail classes were led by Celebrity Nail Professional  Roxanne Campbell. The nails classes were also super intense and loaded with knowledge and practice. Hair were led by Jan Przemyk, Fabio Vivan, and Oscar Alexander. All of those teachers would share their own experience and teach you tricks no one else would.After the graduation, I passed the master class for London Fashion week and was able to work on many fashion shows. It was and still is a dream come true. During LFW, I was able to assist Yin Lee In, Michelle Webb, Nat Van Zee, Valentina Creti, and Roxanne Campbell.AOFM opened the door for me to the fashion and beauty industry. After the school, I was able to participate in many master classes like Tom Ford or Charlotte Tilbury and was able to work on many London Fashion Weeks.I became a part of Roxanne Campbell's team. I was able to assist her on Chanel shoot and during the London and Paris Fashion Weeks.I started working on shoots and fashion weeks, always getting more and more experience. Like I said, AOFM was one of the best decisions I have ever made .
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020
I finished my course in Feb 2018 . .I did the complete pro course. and have had so many oppurtunites since , I have been in Paris several times for fashion week and have been the lead in my own show in Paris Feb 2019 for couture week.
I have worked New york fashion week and have had to turn down Paris and Milan and Greece this year so far as was so busy with my editorial work. Everyone is lovely at the office and you get oppurtuties here that no other Make up school offer. The Teachers are second to none and are specialists in their field.
There is great support and they offer refresher and Masterclasses so you are always up to date .
I would have no hesitation in recomendeing this school .
Lorraine Fowler
Ella connor MUA
The AOFM was life changing for me. It opened up opportunities I had only dreamt of before. The tutors were so informative and highly experienced within all areas of makeup which gave every student a wonderful learning experience, providing extensive knowledge in a variety of skills.
The aftercare is exceptional with continued support and assisting opportunities with some of the industries most talented makeup artists.
In addition to this the ongoing free classes with various brands contribute to making the AOFM, in my opinion, the best makeup school I could have chosen to attend.
Many many thanks
Louisa
If you want to become a make up artist this is a great place to start your career. You are trained by some of the best currently working in the industry and the aftercare and support you receive is incredible. I would recommend the school to anyone wanting to work in makeup.
Truly delighted and proud to have graduated from Academy Of Freelance Makeup Dubai in November 2019.
Doing the Pro Artistic course from Aofm is one of my best decisions I ever made.
It provided necessary knowledge,skills and perspective into makeup artistry .
It helped me master various makeup techniques and also opened my creative horizons while learning.

Jana is so knowlegeable and is a very helpful mentor. He personally communicates with each and every student and try to sort out their queries.

In a very short time Aofm has provided me many opportunities. Their Masterclasses give you heightened avenues to learn from the top most celebrity makeup artists and big beauty brands Like Nars, Charlotte tilbury, Bobbi Brown, Dermalogica, Inglot, MAC etc
It took me a month to research and find out the best for me and my first one hour with Jana confirmed I would not go to any other academy but AOFM.

I feel proud to have graduated from AOFM where I was trained by the best professionals in the makeup and hairstyling industry. I am a student from the very first batch in Dubai and I was amazed by the fact that all our mentors were being flown from different parts of the world making sure there is no compromise in the level of teaching .Thankyou AOFM team for all the hard work and support provided during this course and extending support after by giving us an opportunity to be a part of online and offline master classes . The school is very welcoming and I would definitely recommend it. Thankyou so much AOFM x
AOFM started my career path as a professional makeup artist and gave me a future in the beauty industry! I definitely recommend to a friend, going to this school opened the door to a profession I love! After graduating from AOFM I was immediately being introduced to jobs and asked to work with artists. I lead and assisted AOFM teams backstage for fashion week shows and on photo shoots. That developed into making connections with photographers which lead to more opportunities. I’ve since worked closely with AOFM and I was invited to help create makeup looks for vol. II of the book, Makeup Is Art! That’s my work credited on pages 128-129!
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 7th February 2020
I'm very happy because I studied on AOFM.
It is amazing academy where anyone can make big career for Makeup artist. I liked AOFM because it can using the most popular brand which used the best makeup Artists round the world. My experience in AOFM is was wonderful because I learned amazing things about makeup with excellent teachers. I love them, and yeah My English language not the best but anyway I learned every things who showed my teachers.
AOFM five stars !!

Chris
My experience at AOFM London has been extremely amazing, attended Total Pro specialist course in June 2016. I had the privilege to studying in the best academy in the world, with the best makeup artist and hair stylists.
I had this big dream to became a makeup artist and AOFM game me "wings to fly"
I loved every second in the academy, the classes and all the tutors incredible supportive and also my wonderful colleagues which we made friendship for life . Fantastic experience.
I felt blessed to had the opportunity to use in classes all the luxuary makeup product, attended to channel masterclass which I found incredible. It's fantastic how AOFM cares to give support to their students.
Since I left AOFM currently had the privilege to work for Estée Lauder and currently working for Christian Dior. Looking forward to assist backstage to this wonderful academy.
Massive Thank you to all AOFM team
kindest regards
Sabier SOUSA from Venezuela/ Madeira Island
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 27th November 2016
I studied at AOFM on 2014 in ‘Advanced Make up Artistry’ and it was the best decision I could have made.
I was a bit apprehensive as I was making a change in my career. There are so many options of places to study in London that it can get overwhelming of where to start. Since then, anybody who has been in the same position as me, and looking for somewhere to study make up I have sent them straight to AOFM.

Starting with the buzz of the location, and the international students and varied ages make it a great place to be. It was an intense two weeks but I very quickly realised I was so passionate about what I was learning and absolutely loved doing it every day. The teachers and their assistants were really helpful and I explored areas of make up that I never thought I would consider as a path, like body painting for example! The teachers and staff at AOFM really know how to help guide you in the direction of where you want to take your career whilst allowing you to express your creativity in every class.

The end assessment was perfect to get my portfolio started with a great model and photographer, and the aftercare (a few years later) is still greatly appreciated and helpful to me. I don’t know anywhere else that would provide such a great service and opportunities after you have finished.
I didn’t think that I could create my own looks and now thanks to the guidance and inspiration of AOFM I now work as a Professional Makeup Artist but also as a Makeup Designer in Advertising, Film & TV. I feel that the course really pushed me and I absorbed every second, which I still feel useful today when I am working on a project.

I will always have great memories of my time at AOFM and if I could do it all over again I wouldn’t change a thing!
The Academy of Freelance Makeup (AOFM) is a international makeup school. I was lucky enough to attend a few years ago. Being the youngest in the class and also starting a new career can be extremely daunting to say the least. My fears were put aside as I began the “Total Pro” Intensive 4 week course.

My team had around 15-20 pupils who came from all over the world, wanting to learn from the best of the best. The thing I most loved about AOFM were the teachers you got to learn from. Almost every day there was a new tutor, from a different country, telling you a story about there career in the industry, and teaching you the tips and tricks of the trade.

Upon graduating AOFM I immediately felt the benefits from there great aftercare package and helpful team; that continues to this day. Through this I have been given the opportunity to work backstage in Milan, Paris, New York, Tokyo and London. I have assisted amazing artists and have worked in fashion and television.

As a freelance makeup artist over the past few years I have worked for MAC Cosmetics, Multiple clothing brands, working on campaigns and look books, private cliental and magazine work. I left AOFM with the make up and business skills that has allowed me to be as successful as I want to be. I would highly recommend investing in your talent.
Undoubtedly the best make-up school in the industry! If you are thinking of changing your career, improving your make-up skills and learning current styling trends, this is the place for you.

Three key things that separates them from other make-up school in the market today. First is the quality of their teachers, all of whom are working professionals within the industry. Apart from being ‘current’ within the fashion world, they will give you the insight of what it takes to be successful, what products work, what techniques are best, and most of all how to be confident in your application.

Second is the academy’s well planned, tried, and tested curriculum. The lessons takes you from absolute beginner, draws out your creativity (even if you think you don’t have one!), and sends you out as well rounded make-up artist who could do make-up on any age, gender, occasion, era, style and demands; including body painting and special fx!

And thirdly, AOFM is the only school that gives their students a selection of graduate opportunities in order to launch their career successfully. Starting with a professional photo shoot to kick start your portfolio; to assisting at various Fashion Week shows (London, New York, Paris, Milan, Japan, and others); London Collections Men; various work and assignments; as well as continued Masterclasses from leading make-up artist and make-up brands to keep their graduates up to date.

Highly recommended and regarded make-up school in the industry! A thoroughly enjoyable experience and life changing!
Hands on Knowledgeable teachers in a fun and exciting learning environment with amazing once in a lifetime opportunities.
I studied a Makeup course in Spain but It wanted to specialize and have an international certificate. I searched for a while and I found AOFM.

This academy is awesome. The Total PRO course, the one I did, is amazing and very complete.

Teachers are known pros, they taught us everything they knew, gave us some tips and used the best makeup brands in the market.

When you get your certificate you have a gorgeous aftercare with lots of jobs for applying. I worked at London Fashion Week!

So I recommend to all of you guys, don´t doubt and book your seat at AOFM!

Ainhoa xx