Academy Of Freelance Makeup Reviews

02074344488

info@aofmakeup.com

Unit 6 36-42 New Inn Yard, London, Shoreditch, London

Anna Kalashnikova
I joined full artistry course for 6 weeks on Sept’20 with AOFM Dubai. I wanted best of everything so was super confused which academy to join. I almost booked one of the school in London but still had two minds about it as its a huge investment and no one had time to explain and clear my confusion.Then i saw AOFM and its reviews, first i thought its too good to be true than i went to academy to check myself and the first person i met was the heartbeat of academy ‘Jana’, he is such a beautiful person and so down to earth, he explained me everything and i was quite satisfied but still had lot of questions, however whenever i called, he explained everything patiently. During the course.. well let me be honest , its a very intensive course and they are very particular about homeworks and assignments and thats what i like them about the most because they want the best to come out of you. It was the best time ever and went off so quickly and we all were so emotional on the last day. All the Makeup Artist was so amazing and talented, Especially ‘Emily’ is one of my favourite and i have learnt a lot from her. I finished my course in oct’20 and Jana, Emily and all the other Trainers are just one call away. Jana , Emily still guides me whenever i have any doubts or need a suggestion and i feel thats what matter the most. Anybody can teach you how to apply makeup but its the aftercare things which stands them out from all other Academies. My most memorable Day was the Photoshoot Day, they capture my picture with the model for my future reference as MUA. I did there Masterclasses before even joining the course, they were so nice to invite me for the same. I thank everyone especially Jana & Emily for being my mentor. Ruchika Batra
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 7th December 2020
I studied with AOFM in 2015 and I did the Complete Course of 5 weeks. I really enjoyed it and I have learnt so much from it. After my course I did a test to be able to work backstage at Fashion Weeks. I did London, Milan and New York Fashion Week. I met incredible makeup artists which I still assist. Through AOFM I could get experience working for Editorial shoots and Fashion Films. After almost 2 years since I finished my course I am still working with them backstage and I love it. I would recommend AOFM as a prestigious Academy where to learn and get some hand on experience.
My experience with AOFM was,simply, a dream come true, and if I have to do it all over again, I definitely would! I followed the complete artistic pro specialist in hairstyling and makeup artistry which lasted 6 weeks, and graduated 2 weeks ago. My crush with AOFM started when I decided to subscribe and paid a visit to the academy. I was very warmly welcomed by Sarah the nicest assistant ever, and Jana the head of education. I spent almost 1and a half hour just talking to him, he was very hospitable and attentive to all of my questions. I couldn't believe how professional and he was! Few minutes after I chatted with him, I knew I was in the right place, and my dream of becoming a professional HMUA will start from that place. And I wasn't wrong about it. I won't talk too much about the makeup we used, nor the discounts we had the chance to enjoy for the rest our lives, not even about the free master classes...because everything mentioned on their website is 1000% true. What you see is what you get!! I want to talk about the course syllabus and the academic staff instead. The course is extremely rich and varied, we had it all, starting from health and safety in the work place, to the anatomy and physiology, hair styling, makeup application techniques, airbrush makeup, sfx , tv and movie makeup, how to create a character and last but not least how to do a proper research paper and write it in your own words (not a copy paste) 😉 (u will get me when u reach that level of the course future students). They are soooo professional, that they went looking for plagiarism in our homework 😁😁... It s an endless amount of knowledge and information, that I have never thought I would be having elsewhere, at least not in a makeup school. The academy's teaching staff, are the cherry on the cake, they re more than 9 different teachers, professional HMUA's ,very professional in their way of teaching, pedagogic, dedicated, experienced, who shared with us all the possible and imaginable secrets of their careers, tips and advice, from A to Z. They were guiding us every step of the way, leaving nothing to surprise. Emily is everyone s favorite In all batches, she s taught us a lllloottt, she s the beast in the field, no one can beat her, plus she s extremely helpful, kind and caring, taking time to answer any question, be it at school or via Instagram. she s there for us, helping,guiding, even sending us good makeup deals and discounts, to build up our kits. Emily, Betty, Denny, Shona, jajah, are my ultimate favorites, and the list goes on. They even offered my colleagues the chance to assist them at work, during the course and after, a priceless opportunity for a beginning MUA. Sarah the nicest assistant ever, she s like our little sister,very professional, hard working, dedicated with great work ethics, the academy wouldn't be without her too, she a major part of the team, taking care of everyone s needs, sending us emails, replying to our requests..before, during and after the course. And I kept the best for the last,Jana, he is the closest to my heart, I cannot imagine AOFM without him. He can be very tough and severe, BUT extremely cool and fun with an amazing sense of humor and a huge heart. Since day 1 until today, he s been there for each one of us, answering our questions via email, IG, what's up or over the phone, he s been helping us every step of the way. I knew about the aftercare service the academy is offering to its graduates, but what Jana is doing to us, has surpassed my expectations!!! Wish I could write more about these amazing people that I'm blessed to having met, but I need people to read and don't get bored.Even if I was quite long, I wanted to give my honest opinion so that my fellow future MUAs can take advantage from. Attached are my professional photoshoots that I did for my portfolio, with a professional model, and a the best photographer someone could ever dream of working with. Wish you all the best dear AOFM team, you are the beast and the best. Keep rising Love Instagram : sahardridi_mua_dxb
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd December 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd December 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd December 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 3rd December 2020
Truly delighted and proud to have graduated from Academy Of Freelance Makeup Dubai in November 2019. Doing the Pro Artistic course from Aofm is one of my best decisions I ever made. It provided necessary knowledge,skills and perspective into makeup artistry . It helped me master various makeup techniques and also opened my creative horizons while learning. Jana is so knowlegeable and is a very helpful mentor. He personally communicates with each and every student and try to sort out their queries. In a very short time Aofm has provided me many opportunities. Their Masterclasses give you heightened avenues to learn from the top most celebrity makeup artists and big beauty brands Like Nars, Charlotte tilbury, Bobbi Brown, Dermalogica, Inglot, MAC etc
AOFM was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I spent quite a bit of time on researching and visiting other make up schools in London and no other school offered what AOFM did. During classes, I have learned so much. It was a very intense time of learning, practicing, and meeting new people every day. Every single day we were learning new techniques and were using new products. I was able to try make up from basically all the best brands that exist on the market, such as Charlotte Tilbury, Chanel, Dior, MaC , Nars, Marc Jacobs, and many more. The teachers were very nice and helpful, always sharing years of their own experience. Besides makeup classes I also did nails and hair. Nail classes were led by Celebrity Nail Professional  Roxanne Campbell. The nails classes were also super intense and loaded with knowledge and practice. Hair were led by Jan Przemyk, Fabio Vivan, and Oscar Alexander. All of those teachers would share their own experience and teach you tricks no one else would.After the graduation, I passed the master class for London Fashion week and was able to work on many fashion shows. It was and still is a dream come true. During LFW, I was able to assist Yin Lee In, Michelle Webb, Nat Van Zee, Valentina Creti, and Roxanne Campbell.AOFM opened the door for me to the fashion and beauty industry. After the school, I was able to participate in many master classes like Tom Ford or Charlotte Tilbury and was able to work on many London Fashion Weeks.I became a part of Roxanne Campbell's team. I was able to assist her on Chanel shoot and during the London and Paris Fashion Weeks.I started working on shoots and fashion weeks, always getting more and more experience. Like I said, AOFM was one of the best decisions I have ever made .
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 9th February 2020
Alot of information, interested way to learn, great teachers
I have completed the Total pro Creative Specialist Certificate in summer 2016. I had spent a long time researching various make up schools and courses, AOFM really stood out to me among the rest for it's ongoing aftercare. AOFM offers an amazing opportunity to study and work with highly professionals, industry recognised makeup artists. The course was very intense including makeup, hair styling, nails, and airbrush.Everything I learned there is helping me through my career (practical skills, theory, discipline, product knowledge etc...) Since I finished my course I was lucky enough to attend few masterclasses - Charlotte Tilbury, Dior and Bobbi Brown and also I had a chance to be a part of the AOFM team during London fashion week on February and I had a opportunity to do makeup on VIP guests at Century club in London. I did makeup for supermodel Jade Parfitt and Pandora from radio Kiss. I'm heading off to London again in few days to attend the Men's London Fashion week, glad to be part of the AOFM team and once again THANK YOU AOFM for the opportunity, looking forward for any upcoming events.
I studied at Aofm less than an year ago. I had no knowledge about makeup (I was a tota beginner) and I found that the full course gave me not only the skills to break in this industry, but also the confidence that I need to build to be able to do it. At the end of the course I had to do a masterclass which is a test which can possibly allow you to work for the official fashion week, and here's the news.. Not only the London one! Aofm will provide you the Milan, Paris and also NY one's! Isn't it crazy? I had to learn and afterwards work with simply the best in the industry. I can name some of them, Michelle Webb, Yin Lee, Valentina Creti.. With Aofm I had also the chance to collaborate with couple of magazines that published my work! I am beyond grateful to the academy and to the amazing staff working in it. Don't consider anything else if you simply wanna work with the best and for the best. Good luck!
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 2nd June 2017
I joined aofm in 2019. This school was a whole new experience for me. Being a self-taught artist i was just good. I wanted to learn more about makeup and meet people and their makeup journey. The trainers are amazing, they are total gem. If you think aofm is a place to have fun and sit around.no, it is not. They won’t let you take break except for lunch. Aofm dedicates itself for its students. It is a place of experience and exploration. Just apply in aofm blindfolded. You will learn more than you imagine. Its a sea. I can assure you after aofm you will be a new person who will love experiment more and more than you used to before. Its a whole new level of experience.
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 27th December 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 27th December 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 27th December 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 27th December 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 27th December 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 27th December 2020 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 27th December 2020
I recently completed my course with AOFM. It was such an amazing experience!!. All the teachers and managers were so supportive, loving and caring. I am very happy to say that I have achieved all the things I wanted to, from product knowledge, practical skills and advice on to how to get into the makeup industry successfully. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone that’s seeking to become a professional makeup artist!!! And finding their way in the industry with confidence 😊
It took me a month to research and find out the best for me and my first one hour with Jana confirmed I would not go to any other academy but AOFM. I feel proud to have graduated from AOFM where I was trained by the best professionals in the makeup and hairstyling industry. I am a student from the very first batch in Dubai and I was amazed by the fact that all our mentors were being flown from different parts of the world making sure there is no compromise in the level of teaching .Thankyou AOFM team for all the hard work and support provided during this course and extending support after by giving us an opportunity to be a part of online and offline master classes . The school is very welcoming and I would definitely recommend it. Thankyou so much AOFM x
AOFM Academy is one of the greatest experiences i had in my life ,it's an excellent place to start your journey. I learned a lot about Fashion, Beauty , Hair and Makeup. you will learn lots and lots of tips and tricks from a professional Makeup Artists ,the best in that career . the Academy also provide makeup products from the best brands for the students in it's studio to use while the classes, and you will get a free set of good quality of different brushes with AOFM logo on it ,how cool is that. plus you will get the opportunity to attend for amazing free masterclass after graduate. Also you will be qualified to work under the academy name backstage in the most famous catwalks after a practical test . so you will learn , have fun, and You will begin your first career steps .
I chose AOFM Dubai for the Complete Artistic Pro Course out of all the others because I loved that I would be taught by such a diverse panel of makeup artists. My expectations were met, and how! We were taught so many individual and unique tips and tricks, the techniques they had perfected over the years and a lot of industry knowhow. The academy is well equipped with entire ranges of the best brands like Charlotte Tilbury, Nars, MAC etc. The ability to play around and experiment with all the products and different textures helped enhance our skills and creativity. As graduates, we now have access to free master’s classes arranged by the academy on a regular basis. Jana and Emily are brilliant mentors who have made sure we step out as makeup artists who are not only skilled but also disciplined and up to date on appropriate industry behaviour. I can't stress enough on how important this is, as your natural flair and talent need to be honed into professional skills that will help you build a good reputation in the industry.
The AOFM was life changing for me. It opened up opportunities I had only dreamt of before. The tutors were so informative and highly experienced within all areas of makeup which gave every student a wonderful learning experience, providing extensive knowledge in a variety of skills. The aftercare is exceptional with continued support and assisting opportunities with some of the industries most talented makeup artists. In addition to this the ongoing free classes with various brands contribute to making the AOFM, in my opinion, the best makeup school I could have chosen to attend. Many many thanks Louisa
AOFM gave me my confidence back & the courage to give up my part time admin job and go freelance makeup artist full time. After a particularly challenging few years in my life I made the decision to finally follow my passion and get back into makeup. To do this I needed a school which was great, recommended, known in the industry, and ultimately was going to give me my confidence back into doing what I love, aswell as teach me new skills and techniques. AOFM was that school! What an amazing place! Run by the most talented and knowledgeable people in the industry, you are in such capable hands. They have makeup brands galore for you to try and use during your course, talented tutors from all different backgrounds each sharing their knowledge and skills that they have gained throughout their successful careers and also from the greats that they have assisted In the past. Not only that but the aftercare with AOFM is fantastic. Since graduating from AOFM I have given up my part time job and gone full time freelance makeup artist, I've worked on London Fashion Weeks assisting for AOFM and also on my own merit thanks to the experience gained from being backstage with AOFM. I've now made some amazing contacts and work for ITV regularly and have been confirmed to do a fashion show in Marbella this week. Put your mind to it and don't miss a class (you won't want to), I simply cannot thank AOFM enough and would 100% recommend them to anyone who wants to take a serious step into their makeup career! Thank you to all the staff/tutors at AOFM. Kim E, completed the professional hair and makeup course.
The Academy of Freelance Makeup (AOFM) is a international makeup school. I was lucky enough to attend a few years ago. Being the youngest in the class and also starting a new career can be extremely daunting to say the least. My fears were put aside as I began the “Total Pro” Intensive 4 week course. My team had around 15-20 pupils who came from all over the world, wanting to learn from the best of the best. The thing I most loved about AOFM were the teachers you got to learn from. Almost every day there was a new tutor, from a different country, telling you a story about there career in the industry, and teaching you the tips and tricks of the trade. Upon graduating AOFM I immediately felt the benefits from there great aftercare package and helpful team; that continues to this day. Through this I have been given the opportunity to work backstage in Milan, Paris, New York, Tokyo and London. I have assisted amazing artists and have worked in fashion and television. As a freelance makeup artist over the past few years I have worked for MAC Cosmetics, Multiple clothing brands, working on campaigns and look books, private cliental and magazine work. I left AOFM with the make up and business skills that has allowed me to be as successful as I want to be. I would highly recommend investing in your talent.
I graduated AOFM in 2012 but I can’t forget this amazing experience. I can’t rate it any lower then 5 stars and I would give 10 if I could. First I want to say a big thank you to Jana, who created this academy. He put so much effort and care into making it the best international makeup school. What is great about AOFM is that everyday we have been trained with a different international makeup artist. It’s a good way to learn different techniques and tips and see what each makeup artist prefers to use in their kits. Every student after graduation has the chance to assist a pro artist from the AOFM team on fashion shows, events and photo shoots etc. It’s very important for a makeup artist to continue learning even after finishing the academy and assisting is the best way to do it. With AOFM I have been working at Milan, London and Moscow fashion week. Some students even went to Japan and New York. And even 9 years later I still have support and opportunities to have free masterclasses with different makeup brands organized by AOFM.
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021 Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 4th June 2021
I have finished the Foundation to Advanced module at AOFM in October and i can honestly say it was an amazing experience. The course was 2 weeks of intense practice on different nationalities with high-end products like Charlotte Tilbury, Huda Beauty, Nars. We had multiple trainers Denny, Emily, Shona were great and they taught us lots of amazing techniques. Lots of homework and research. The best part of attending AOFM is the incredible aftercare program, Jana the Director of Education was very helpful in this matter, after i finished the course i went back for a few days when they started with a new batch for more practice and guidance. They also offer lots of masterclasses and MUA discounts for many makeup brands. I can truly recommend this as the best makeup academy.
Academy Of Freelance Makeup 5 star review on 5th December 2020
Great place to study especially if venturing into the freelance industry. All aspects taught by professionals who are still actively working in the industry so you are assured the most up to date skills and techniques. Great support, guidance and aftercare long after completing courses. Would definitely recommend if you want to be equipped with a leading edge in your career.
I had an amazing time attending the training with Jana and team @ AOFM Dubai. Spent a month and learned so much about the art and craft of makeup right from basics to advanced creative level! Super fun experience working with the models and photographers who helped me build my portfolio. The 5 weeks complete Artistic Pro Program was a great experience and I highly recommend it to everyone who is serious about their career in Makeup Artistry.👍 Thank you so much ❤️
Academy Of Freelance Makeup is rated 4.94 based on 122 reviews