Alternative Meats Reviews

Read Alternative Meats Reviews
Alternative Meats 5 star review on 29th June 2020
Daniel Fairbairn
More Photos & Videos
Excellent service and super friendly as always! And the quality of meat is unbeatable!
Great quality meat not widely available delivered on time and well packaged.
Arrived quicker than expected... exceptional quality
Wow what service , had a question to ask and the phone was answered on a Sunday. Very impressed. Steak was awesome.....can’t wait till the next order.
Great selection of different meats and excellent quality
Fantastic quality meat every time. Coming from New Zealand my tastebuds have been well and truly spoiled for rich, succulent meat - something that certain European countries seem to know little about. I first tried the Kangaroo burgers from Alternative Meats back in 2017 and they certainly made an impression. Three years later I found myself reminiscing about the mouth-watering taste of decent quality meat, and decided to order the bbq burger pack. It was so much better than I had remembered. Everything was top quality, wonderfully juicy, and beyond delicious. The meat was so incredible it didn’t even bother me paying the extra £25 to ship it to Ireland. 10/10 will buy again, perfect for a weekend barbecue. These burgers deserve wine pairings.
Alternative Meats 5 star review on 29th June 2020
Lovely, top quality food. Good service and no problems with delivery. If you like meat without the pending, obnoxious American additives then look no further than Alternative Meats.
I bought Rose Veal Topside and Veal Tongue.
This was delivered in good packaging and arrived nicely cool. BY SPECIAL REQUEST my goods had not been frozen (IQF).
Butchery and tying were very high class.
Why such a low score?
The delivery date was made a week late because the Veal was not delivered from the abattoir on time. It is a false assumption that this is acceptable.
I had not thought I was buying frozen meat. That is NOT clear from the Website.
Why on earth freeze food that does not need it? Even with IQF ice crystals do form within the structure, so the product will always 'bleed out' when thawed. The cold chain can easily be maintained with modern packaging material, as indeed mine was, so I am at a loss why freezing is normal from this supplier.
Well, there you go. You try your best to accommodate a special request and get complimented on the standard of your butchery - Quote "Butchery and tying were very high class" Unquote - to be awarded two stars!! No contradiction at all!

Henry, we did explain (and after being in this business for twenty years, I do feel we have picked up the odd thing along the way) that during this Pandemic and in order to handle the enormous volume of orders we were receiving, the pre-preparation of our fresh products and immediate freezing down was of great help to us in responding to the demand. It is a very old fashioned view that products suffer from freezing, and I can assure you that the way that we pack and prepare our products does not create "ice crystals" .... that said, we did offer to send fresh product to you and you seem to be very happy with the products .... again, your two stars does not reflect that view.

Our suppliers and farmers are working very hard to get products to us in good time and I do feel criticism of anyone who is working all the hours they can physically fit into a day to get product onto people's tables does deserve a little more kindness and understanding than is evident here. I have no words for your criticism of our supplying abattoir - we painstakingly explained that our Veal was not delivered from the abattoir on time because this particular abattoir had lost 30% of its staff due to Covid 19 and I explained that very carefully to you. We do not receive many negative reviews at all, thank goodness, and have a very happy band of customers that are an absolute delight to deal with - on this occasion I feel I should respond publicly to your comments. You will find a full description of how we deliver our goods under the Delivery tab on the banner on our website, and yes, I did explain that to you as well. Kind Regards Jeannie Tomlin, Co-Owner and Director, Alternative Meats Ltd
Excellent dedication to on-line customers. Good quality meat, which is rarely available in this part of the North West - what a delight! Thank you.
Excellent service and amazing meat of all kinds I shall be ordering again soon
Fabulous goat meat - so impressed I’ve ordered some more along with a box of mixed burgers for the plancha
The meat was delicious. The service was excellent.
Arrived perfectly packaged. Great meat and perfect delivery. Will be ordering again soon.
The wagyu was incredible. By far the best steak we have ever eaten.
They also have a great selection of unusual meats. It’s so difficult to find wild boar so I was so excited to get the wild boar burgers.

The best thing to have come out if lockdown is that I found these guys. Will always order my meat from them in the future.

Delivery was slightly longer but that was explained and expected because of covid. In fact it came earlier than what they had originally suggested.

Very very happy
Wowsers Hugo that's such a lovely review! Thank you so much for taking the time - it really is appreciated, especially at the moment !
Very happy with the products, I don't eat meat every day and appreciate the quality meat I recieved. The Mangalica pork was the nicest I have eaten. I cooked the skin in a Korean style, which involes poaching then covering in a spicy sauce, the meat ends up tender and delicious.
If I am buying meat for a special occasion I will order from here again.
Best meat ever, in particular pork belly and bacon. best services also.
I thought the meats that alternative meats do are really tasty, the steak was fantastic very tasty and tender melted in my mouth. The only thing I would say is the price is a bit expensive for the amount you get, but what you get is excellent.
😊 😊 😊 😁
Top quality British produce that tastes amazing!
Fantastic meat products
Great service and superb product. Delivery is a little slow (i.e. I think it needs ordering on Monday to dispatch that week) but it is a cold chain product so understandable.

FYI your form seems to be broken, I couldn't rate customer service, I was going for a 5* based on rushing an order out for me previously for a Birthday.
Thanks for the review James! Actually you did manage the 5 stars! And we are very happy about that 😍
Alternative Meats is rated 4.87 based on 186 reviews