Vets Now Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend Vets Now

About Vets Now: As the UKs leading pet emergency service we respond to almost half a million emergencies each year. Working in partnership with your vet, we’re your pet emergency service.

How would you rate Vets Now?

Steven Bateman
Verified Reviewer
"I needed urgent help for my dog who had torn open a huge hole in her thigh whilst running off lead. The injury was so bad that the muscles were torn from the hip and flapping outside of the leg. Vets now carried out emergency surgery to repair the damage straightaway."
"Available on Easter Monday. Very good with my dog who is very nervous of vets"
Mrs Elizabeth Tyler
Verified Buyer
"Very local so no long car journeys with a poorly dog - let us know what was happening and could call in the early hours to update on our dog."
Mr Glen Garlinge
Verified Buyer
"Sorting and giving the right advice"
Deborah Harvey
Unverified Reviewer
"I had an emergency appointment with vets now on a Saturday night, the vet I was seen by was amazing she examined my very poorly cat twice to make sure she hadn't missed anything. My cat is 19 nearly 20 unfortunately she is still very ill but thanks to vets now I still have her. I would definitely recommend vets now"
Mrs Kim Butler
Verified Buyer
"They were very friendly and were also very prompt and good advice was given."
Mrs Gemma Jones
Verified Buyer
"Highly recommended, what you have done for our Labrador is priceless, we can’t thank you enough, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend you, you have been professional, efficient and empathetic"
Jacqueline Keane
Verified Reviewer
"Well where would you like me to begin. Totally uncaring, refused to help me syringe feed a 3 week old kitten, just said euthanasia is only option. Rude receptionists. Totally disgusted, refused to help but charged me extortionate price. Will never recommend. Not even worthy of 1 star."
Hi Ms Keane, I'm very sorry to hear you didn't feel we provided a good service. Typically the majority of tiny kittens who are being syringe fed at home and present to us in an emergency situation are often beyond help. In many instances it's very common for them to aspirate the milk into their lungs which causes serious issues, and in these cases the prognosis is almost always bad news. I understand this can be distressing news to recieve. However, I'm disappointed to hear you didn't feel we were compassionate enough in our care, so please do get in touch with clientcare@vets-now.com and we can look into your case in more detail. Kind regards - Kirsty
"Very helpful staff and everyone was great."
Ms Joanne Newton
Verified Buyer
"The vet was very knowledgable and took the time to explain what was going to happen prior to commencing treatment on my pet She had a very good manner with my pet and made both myself and my pet as comfortable as she could whilst we were there The reception staff and nursing team treated myself and my pet with respect and dignity throughout our treatment within the centre I would recommend vets now to family and friends and would have no hesitation in using the service again with my pets and I would trust the staff to do their upmost to look after my pet and the owner in what can be very harassing times for all parties when a pet is sick Explanation of medication and how to use it and also explanation of possible outcomes was done with consideration of anxieties for the owner and for the pet to remain calm throughout treatment the vet was very professional whilst very caring towards my pet"
Jordan Chadwick
Unverified Reviewer
"Dog went in as an emergency. Was on hold on the phone for a bit too long however that is the only negative experience. As our dog was already poorly he was put too sleep by our request. The staff were excellent and took good care of our dog on his final moments"
"I'm sure they are as caring and compassionate as any other veterinary organisation, however their charges are beyond belief. Please don't post me some guff about how the vast amounts of money I paid you are spent, you are nothing but money-grabbers."
Hi Dave, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm sorry you feel this way. We do appreciate that out-of-hours emergency veterinary care can be expensive which is why we always advocate pet insurance as part of responsible pet ownership. I would encourage you to have a read of the following as we spent a lot of time putting the information together to help give more context about why the fees are high - https://www.vets-now.com/2018/01/emergency-vet-costs-prices-fees/ Kind regards, Kirsty
"My dog Brian had to go in Easter Sunday for treatment .He had a stomach infection. The treatment he got was really good and we were informed regularly as to how he was. Yes the bill was a lot but thankfully he is insured and I have most of the money back today which is just a week!! Thank you for the excellent service and completing my claim so quickly! Brian has seen our own vet as a follow up and has fully recovered!"
Mrs Maureen Hart
"Helpful great service"
"Helped my dog quickly and offered friendly advice, only downfall was the price, its a bit steep!"
Mrs Heather Smith
Verified Buyer
"We can't thank all concerned enough with the fantastic care with our little dog. You all did a wonderful job in making him better and making us feel he was in the best place. Thank you so much."
Ms Julie Wilson
Verified Buyer
"It was horrible it maybe ok for people who don’t have to pay but for those of us that pay for our treatment for our treasured pets it’s awful I felt that all you were interested in was money and I think 250.35p for two injections that made no difference difference to my poor boy is outrageous you should hang your heads in shame"
Hi Ms Wilson, I'm sorry to hear you weren't happy with our service. Out-of-hours emergency care can be expensive, so we always advocate the highest level of pet insurance possible for responsible pet ownership to cover for this. We have a handy article which might help give some context and clarity as to how your fees are spent: https://www.vets-now.com/2018/01/emergency-vet-costs-prices-fees/ - Kind regards, Kirsty
William OAKES
Verified Buyer
"Fully informed, quick action, informative staff"
Miss Charlene Ann Mcgoldrick
Verified Buyer
"I rang vets now when my dog became unwell when my vets were closed. The lady I spoke to was very nice and helpful. I was sent to my nearest Vets Now and staff there were very helpful and welcoming. My dog was assessed by a very competent vet whom I felt at ease leaving him with. He was treated and I was fully informed/advised on what treatment he had had and what future treatment he would need. I was also given all relevant documents/info to give to my own vets. I would recommend to any pet owner that cannot get to their regular vets."
Mr Gareth Bow
Verified Buyer
"Although I understand that my vet could well have been ill I feel that £149 is an EXTORTIONATE amount for a 10minute check up where I was told that the volume of chocolate he had eaten was only a mild dose and that he just needed to be at home. I certainly would not recommend this vets to anyone to be honest. As I previously stated £149 is far too much and is praying on those who are stupid enough (like me) to pay."
Hi Mr Bow, thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. Our consult fee covers the fact we provide out-of-hours emergency cover for pets when your own vet is closed. We need to cover our vet's salary, clinic running costs, treatment and medication costs etc. whether we see one emergency case per night/weekend or 30. In this case I'm glad we were there to provide you peace of mind and examine your pet for the possibility of chocolate toxicity, which is a serious condition and can cause death in some cases depending on the amount consumed. We do have an article which explains in more details how your fee is spent - I hope this provides more clarity and context: https://www.vets-now.com/2018/01/emergency-vet-costs-prices-fees/ kind regards, Kirsty
Vets Now is rated 4.54 based on 948 reviews