Vets Now Reviews

83% of reviewers recommend Vets Now

About Vets Now: As the UKs leading pet emergency service we respond to almost half a million emergencies each year. Working in partnership with your vet, we’re your pet emergency service.

Tell us how Vets Now made you happy

"Took my 3 week old puppy in early hours of Saturday morning told she had respiratory pneumonia gave her painkiller and antibiotic injection and told she will be sleepy for 24 hours and to take her to own vet for more antibiotics on Monday paid the £400 bill. Sunday morning we called them as felt she was getting worse to be told she will be sleepy it’s been a traumatic night, by 4pm we are panicking as she was becoming very limp, called again and said we wanted her seen again, on arrival we had to wait for a quote before they would even look at her, the vet said it will be between £1,000-£1,200 and she had a 50% chance of survival, we took those odds as thought that was good chance then exactly 1 hour and 17 mins later they called to say she’s worse and needs to be put to sleep, that short time is NOT 50% I have spoken to 2 vets and google and all said she should have been kept in the first night. They are now trying to charge us another£239.00 on top of the £500 deposit we had to pay on the night. We are now changing our vets to 1 that offers 24 hour care which is a shame because we were happy there but unless they stop using vets now they loose our pets and from all the reviews and gossip I’m hearing I wish to god I had gone else where and paid extortionate price but had a better service and compassion"
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Glasgow
"this was the first time i had to deal with the death of a family dog and the experience i had with your staff was just shocking. From being told "he will be put in cold storage" to being hand a leaflet of costs with no compassion, empathy or explanation of what to expect. I will never use Petsnow ever again or recommend to any of my family or friends. I now months later i have a new puppy and the first thing i checked was who they sent their referrals to, and it is not Vetsnow. I have also given my complaint to the Glasgow office so they are well aware of my feelings."
"These people should be shut down.... yesterday. My friend had a horrendous money grabbing experience at the Staines branch recently. It’s far from a one off it seems. Preying on vulnerable people. Lowest of the low IMHO."
"Never will I take a pet of mine here again they put my cat to sleep because they couldn’t be bothered to treat him they made you feel like they can’t be bothered with him just put him to sleep and get on to the next one. They never even tried him with antibiotics I still say to this day if they had been bothered to give him antibiotics he would still be here I felt like he wasn’t important I felt like I was treated awful and then said in the report they give him antibiotics they give him nothing all they done was his temperature they just seems like they never had they time for him I would never trust them with a toy pet let alone a real one disgusting service when we was little the vets always put the pet first now it feels like they just put money first they could of treated my cat but no they didn’t want to know if you love your pet go somewhere else. I am writing this review on how I felt I was treated and my pet cat 😡😡😡😡😡😡"
"I have ticked the one star as there is not a zero review status. Firstly do not ever take your beloved pet to this vets. They are purely there to empty your wallet. I took my cat to the Oldbury site on Good Friday morning as she was really unwell and our suspicions were correct that she had poisened. On telephoning the vets they told us to bring her in straight away. On arrival the vets was completely empty and was made to wait in reception for 25 minutes whilst my cat was clearly in distress. i could hear members of staff laughing in the rooms behind reception but still no one came out until i made a comment to the receptionist on how long i had been waiting and that this was an emergency. The vet eventually examined her which took about 5 mins and cost £160.00. the vet then recommended blood tests to confirm that she has been poisend then proceeded to show me print out for one overnight stay whilst she was on a drip which would have cost me £1270.00 pounds. My cat died in my arms 7 hours later in excrutiating pain and at a cost of £614.00. I feel this is just a business to make money and not in the interest of aleviating the pain and suffering of animals.."
"a friends cat was taken to vets now after being run over it was badly injured and nedde to be put to sleep they charged 250 quid .. i feel this is very disproportionate it was to fragile to take to another vets who would have been cheaper . my friend is on benefits and vulnerable and will struggle to pay this amount of money i want her to go to trading standards but she wont"
"Tunbridge Wells Howell"
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Tunbridge Wells
"We had to have our beloved cat Boo put to sleep back in September of last year (2018). The service we received was absolutely incredible. The vet on duty that night was so wonderful and completely reassured us that the decision we had made was the right one even though it was utterly devastating for us. I can not recommend them highly enough."
"Tunbridge Wells Nurse pretending & acting like a vet. This should be stopped immediately. Being in the medical industry, I'm appalled to see this is happening in Animal Care as well. A nurse/assistant vet job is to care for the animal and look after it while treatment proceeds & that is all. -A vet nurse has no near the qualifications of a vet. -A vet nurse has not the decision making skills of a vet. -A vet nurse has not the knowledge of a vet. This attitude should not be permitted. Lastly, a vet nurse has not the intellect of a vet hence she's paid 13 pounds/hour max. Know your place!"
Hi there, I'm sorry you haven't had a good experience at our clinic in Tunbridge Wells and am alarmed by your comments. Unfortunately, I can't link your review to a case at our clinic at the moment so we would really appreciate you getting in touch with our client care team (clientcaresupport@vets-now.com) so we can look into this for you. Many thanks.
"do not use vets now my dog was left 9 hours for blood clotting plasma till it was to late for her thanks to vet Eleanor Forbes and had to be put to sleep"
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Charing Cross, Glasgow
"Our months old siberian husky was admitted to Vetsnow for overnight care following a 12 hour period of being's poorly, wasn't eating, drinking or moving. Vetsnow ensured our girl received the best necessary care to make her comfortable through the night until we picked her up the next morni g for her op. We couldn't thank the staff enough for everything they done for our girl, she settled really well and had lots of love and attention from the staff."
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Prestwich
"Our dog was extremely well looked after by one vet from start to finish."
"Took my Lurcher in on 23rd Dec as he was running a temperature - he's 12.5 years. The vet was thorough in looking him over but didn't find anything specifically wrong. He was given methadone (and a shot of AB's) as he had already had some pain relief and they wanted to give him fluids which I said I could do at home. Intravenous fluids would add another £100 plus onto the bill, but not my main concern. When it came to going he could not stand up and was carried out to my van by the vet. At this point the vet notices that he had been sick in the van. My bill at this stage was around £330. By the time I got home he had been sick again. I sat up with him over night making sure I got fluids into him and rang my vets that morning. We got in that morning to his vets, but he was sick again in the van. My own vets could not understand why he had not been given anything for the sickness or why he had been given an opiet. The methadone had left him looking spaced out, hence you couldn't really tell how he was. The dog was now dehydrated (but not seriously) and had to be admitted by my own vets for fluids and anti sickness meds. My vets said that if he had been given a shot for sickness the night before then he would not have needed to be hospitalised that day. My vets were fabulous with him, but VetsNow effective cost me a further £300 plus for the sake of one injection. My boy is fine now but it did take him several weeks to recover from whatever it was he picked up. I sent in my review when it popped up through messages, and no surprise I've heard nothing!"
"DO NOT USE; from our experience the staff have an intrinsic lack of empathy and humanity. We took our 4 month old puppy for overnight care who very unwell and on deaths door. When we went to collect him in the morning to take back to our day Pet Care, our puppy had been muzzled. The muzzle was two sizes too small. Our puppy had no energy to even lift his head up let alone bite. Unfortunately the following day we had to euthanise our puppy due to its suffering. We found their treatment of our dying puppy completely inhumane. I would NEVER trust them with another pet again. Goodness only knows how our puppy was treated during his overnight stay. My biggest regret of all is that my puppy spent his last night at Vets Now. Please do not make the same mistake as us, don't put your pets in Vets Now care."
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? A better one then you
"I would have given 0 but you didn’t have a zero. My dog came out covered in fesses and considering it cost nearly 1000 for one night with you that’s disgusting.would I be using you again NO I wouldn’t"
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Glasgow north street
"Great team in north street Glasgow caring efficient professional staff couldn’t fault anything was referred to by my own vet and so glad they did the difference in customer service is second to none"
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Eastbourne
"Sadly I have nothing positive today, I will never ever ever use vets now again"
"Absolutely rude. Are pet got transferred here to be hospilised overnight and as soon as we walked though the door it was money this money that nothing to do with our pet. When we then told then we had insurance they tried telling us they don’t take direct insurance claims. When we called them on it and said the insurance do pay them direct because we have asked them the vet then started to change her story and say they would take him because he was their priority. Picked him up the next morning to take him back to his normal vet to be told that they hadn’t even medicated him over night. Would not recommend this vet to anybody"
"Due to the time of year and after reading the great reviews, we took our beloved dog on New Years Eve to this veterinarian when she unexpectedly started to have problems breathing. Upon arrival, rather than treat our pet and ourselves with compassion, the vet proceeded to discuss money and insisted on taking payment straight away . This wasn't a problem, we were there because a member of our family was in pain and we didn't expect help to be free. What we are heartbroken about is that whilst this was going on, our girl was in a very bad way and when we had got the money issue out of the way the vet manhandled our dog and caused her a lot of distress. This distressed us and wasn't the last memory or experience we wanted when moments later she was put down. There was zero respect, zero empathy given and I strongly advise anyone who loves their pet to stay clear of this place, especially during the festive season because these people clearly would rather be somewhere else, doing something else rather than help your loved one. It was an utter disgrace"
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Tunbridge Wells
"Emergency treatment fine, but won’t be using them again, 4 days after surgery, left with £3500 bill, even charged for a 2 minute check up following saturday"
Vets Now is rated 4.33 based on 2,714 reviews