Vets Now Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend Vets Now

About Vets Now: As the UKs leading pet emergency service we respond to almost half a million emergencies each year. Working in partnership with your vet, we’re your pet emergency service.

How would you rate Vets Now ?

Mrs Gill Mackenzie
"Prompt local service"
"I had to take my dog to out of hours emergency appointment, she couldnt eat or lie down i thought shed hurt her leg so i told vet, she was scanned i was told her cancer had come back and to ring first thing in morning to have her put to sleep she was given a pain relief injection for over night. I took her home for kids, ourselves and her daughter to say our goodbyes was heart breaking. She perked up alittle next day so rung pdsa normal hours and asked if it could wait till end of day so she had time with her daughter they said fine she started eating and being normal etc, i then waited to see how she was another day took her back to pdsa who scanned her to find no signs of a mass and were shocked at how she was as were no signs of a dying dog!!! I was told the diagnoses was a mistake and she processes food slower so could look like a mass but even when scammed a second time you could see it was food and not a mass, i still have her alive and shes fit and healthy. Its worrying of how many other dogs have had same treatment and dignoses and have been put to sleep when the diagnoses was wrong. Shocking service unqualified vets i could of put my dog to sleep when she was fine just had a poorly leg, please question if ever told to put pets down and get second opinion pdsa have always been excellent with my dog with experience behind them..beware when going to out of hours with vets now"
Ms Heather Mclean
Verified Buyer
"Offhand vet. Charged £600 for less than 24 hours very, very basic care. Absolutely disgusted - will ensure my pets are never left in your care ever again."
"Vet nurse at desk more interested in payment and then have a cheek to charge £30 for an admin fee"
"Attended with my dog on Sunday who was very poorly had to attend pdsa for vets now as your own place was being renovated and you were working out of there, why do you say you are fully qualified and then say I had to take my dog to my own vet to be checked out and collect antibiotics for him, you kept him in overnight sent him home with a venflon in his leg and 2 heart biotabs still stuck to his 2 front paws, I do appreciate the help you gave but shocking the money you charge and to discharge him the way he was ."
Mr Campbell
Verified Buyer
"Took my dog in at two in the morning as he couldn't stand up for one minute vet took us and checked him over said he was fine then done a scan and found mass which was round his stomach area she said she could operate on it to remove it if possible but didn't have the skills to remove it if it was in certain areas being a very worried owner I went for the operation in hopes to help my dog after hours of waiting I got a phone call saying that she said there was a mass which she already knew about and didn't feel confident in doing the operation?? And just closed him over until a specialist could look at him and would cost £8000 pound this was on top of the £1800 I had to pay for an operation that did nothing for my dog, I asked if he was able to move to my own vets in which they said was fine when I picked him up he was in a mess they gave away with him a sealed envelope in which was meant to be all the details of the operation and what was the cause to give to my vets. On getting to my vets the envelope was opened and all there was was a sheet of paper with his meds my vet had to contact them to find out what was going on also he was given no meds or pain relief to take away very dissatisfied 24 hour vets should be prepared for anything or if not monitor the animals till someone more qualified can look at the animals not open them up with an unnecessary operation and from the results of the operation so far my dog has had infection from the stitches and pain from the scar area I have had to take him to another specialist were he is getting the correct procedures will stay away from Vets now from now on."
Mrs Christine Lofts
Verified Buyer
"Very good service out of hours and extremely sympathetic to what was about to happen x"
Mrs Natalie Tarantello
Verified Buyer
"Always available and extremely helpful!So happy to have them near to help"
Mrs M Kirkbride
Verified Buyer
"Oscar was really unwell and we were made very welcome and trusted the vets treatment and follow up ."
Mrs Margaret Martin
Verified Buyer
"Put me at ease and explained waiting system if a more urgent case came in. Also checked regularly that my pet was OK waiting."
"took my dog who was in labour after she had delivered two of her puppies as she was showing sings of distress. O n arrival I told the nurse there were at leas two more puppies inside, but instead of scanning her she was given an injection and left with me for almost an hour before being given a further injection and once again left and clearly in distress. She was eventually given a c section where two more pups were delivered one alive one dead. The vet was just so complacent and the nurse downright rude. They tried to sell me bottles and food at inflated prices that was after I had paid 1500 pounds for the op. My dog was in theatre all of twenty five minuites before I got a call to collect her. They charge for seven hour blocks for hospitalisation even if your pet is only with them for a very short time this is nothing short of fraud and a shameful action by the vet. I hope to god I never have the misfortune to have to use their service again. This was the Gateshead branch of vets now."
HI there, I'm so sorry to hear you didn't have a positive exeperience with us. I'm disappointed that you didn't find our staff to be compassionate as it's one of our core values. We do recognise that emergency out-of-hours veterinary care is expensive, just as emergency human health care is privately. We have an article that explains where your fee goes which might help give you more clarity and context: https://www.vets-now.com/2018/01/emergency-vet-costs-prices-fees/ - We'd like to look into your case so please email details over to clientcare@vets-now.com. Kind regards - Kirsty
Rachel Peterson-Cooper
Verified Buyer
"The staff were caring and friendly and obviously wanted to do their best for Shiloh"
Mrs Edith Gardener
Verified Buyer
"You DIDN'T make me happy but you did make it peaceful for duke we still miss him dearly"
Mrs Katie Greatorex
Verified Buyer
"The compassion and empathy and professionalism shown at the horrible time"
Mrs Marie Roberts
Verified Buyer
"All the staff were so wonderful, thoughtful and kind at such a very difficult time."
"Everything from our call to when we arrived was quick, responsive and caring. They prioritised our case due to the level of concern and we didn’t wait long. We had a very kind, responsive and concerned vet that was professional, reassuring and caring. The vet was excellent and the staff very helpful. Highly recommend the service!!"
"A happy outcome for our puppy so we’re absolutely delighted. Really impressed with the service & the night vet, Rosa is brilliant, great communicator & inspired confidence in us & our pup too i’m Sure. Also found reception staff very pleasant & efficient too👍"
"Our cat was treated by 5 different vets in 36 hours, we felt there was no proper reading of her notes or understanding of her trauma. There were Unrealistic expectations of how fast our cat should be recovering. We were told our cat was blind - she is not. We felt there was an underlying pressure that we should have he put down. When we collected our cat it was referred to as ‘he’ - it is a female cat and also she was refered to as ‘it’."
Hi there, I'm so sorry you had a negative experience with us. We'd like to understand more about your case so please get in touch with us at clientcare@vets-now.com. Kind regards - Kirsty
Mrs Susan Socha
Verified Buyer
"Excellent very friendly thank you so much"
"Just made the whole situation easier to deal with"
Vets Now is rated 4.48 based on 1,322 reviews