Vets Now Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend Vets Now

About Vets Now: As the UKs leading pet emergency service we respond to almost half a million emergencies each year. Working in partnership with your vet, we’re your pet emergency service.

How would you rate Vets Now ?

Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Hales, Chippenham
"Very helpful and thoughtful, throughout our emergency."
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Did not attend Kilmarnock
"I would ask that you check your information as I rang to arrange for you to see our rabbit Coco, but sadly he passed away in the car and I rang you to cancel and advise hence we did not visit or use your service."
"Outrageous fees, get told one thing over the phone and another in the vets, "NO Communicate" charged an exorbitant fee!!"
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Milton Keynes
"Very friendly and helpful even tho they were very busy with an emergency."
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? The Canterbury Service
"It was a bank holiday weekend and all of the local vets were closed and my cat was very sick. If it hadn’t have been for the kind, caring and talented vets that had been available over those few days, then my cat wouldn’t have still been with us now. I owe them so much and thank them for all that they have done for me and my cat. Fantastic service"
"My cockapoo puppy had eaten a bar of chocolate late at night. I was panicking & phoned Vets Now for advice. The girl on the phone couldn’t have been nicer or more helpful. She reassured me & didn’t just tell me to come up, just so they could make money. They were exceptionally helpful & I would recommend them to anyone. Thank you so much!"
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Pdsa
"Always helpful and friendly"
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Pdsa Dunkirk nortingham
"Excellent service Friendly staff Very expensive through the door charges!! (£198 for a few minutes and one pain relief injection!)"
"My puppy of 11 months old was rushed to Thamesmead VETS NOW yesterday evening after a combination of vomiting, lack of appetite and poo in the blood. We were obviously concerned and so were our local vets! When he arrived at Thamesmead he was given anti sickness injection and a blood test within 20 minutes of being seen and was admitted overnight. The Vet called me and spoke me through step by step what treatment they were giving my puppy and were happy to answer any questions I had. She was also very honest and said what could happen and what they would do if things did change. I called at 22:00 for an update (needy dog-mum I know!) and Julie one of the nurses there was more than happy to help me, she gave me an update on my puppy and said she had been stroking him until he fell asleep settling him! She explained he would be checked on every 2 hours and she would call me if anything changed. She said “there isn’t a shortage of love and cuddles here!” Really put my mind at rest. She said she would call again at 08:00am in the morning with an update, come 07:30am I already had a phone call to say he had made a dramatic recovery overnight and they would be happy to discharge him for further fluids at our local vets! She said he was a totally different dog to when he came in and the fluid therapy treatment had enhanced his recovery. They acted so quickly, professional and caring and I don’t know what we would have done if they didn’t give the care to him over night! Would highly recommend as an emergency vets – they have a genuine passion for helping animals and treat them as they would they’re own. Very thankful to the Thamesmead team!"
"The articles on pain were most helpful. However, I often wonder if a dog that is in pain keeps his or her tail close to the bum? Thank you."
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Cheam
"So kind and compassionate"
"Had to visit Vetsnow in Colchester overnight a week ago Sunday. Cannot stress enough how good they were, especially Attila and Victoria. My dog went into labour early and one of the puppies was in trouble. We were there all night, arriving with 3 puppies and leaving with 10 ! They helped my dog out so much that the fear of her having to have a Caesarian was taken away. Attila even stayed 5 hours after the end of his shift to make sure we were all ok. I honestly think that without these wonderful people I would not have the georgeous litter I have and maybe not their mum. Thank you so much."
"A week last Wednesday we were called by the North East Scotland referral centre our 11 month puppy was at to say that he needed a third operation for a septic infection and that after care would be critical to his survival. They recommend a transfer to the Vets Now hospital in Glasgow and we decided that given his age it was worth one more shot at fixing him. On the 3 hour drive to Glasgow I read some of the reviews online about Vets Now and began to be nervous at what we would find when we arrived. I therefore now want to take this opportunity to put other peoples minds, in the same situation as we were, at ease. Make no mistake that this hospital is amazing, the staff are highly skilled and extremely professional and without a doubt my puppy would not be alive with out them. Yes it is VERY expensive (it is the equivalent of a private hospital but with better! facilities) but this is your responsibility as loving owners to get the right insurance. There are no excuses of age or the fact the dog is a rescue (I have a 16 year old rescue who is covered the same as the puppy) so do your research and get insured for all eventualities - even 11 month puppies get critically ill. The hospital treated our Pup as if he was theirs but also treated us with consideration at all time including regular calls and updates. They also explained what the cost was and what the options were and I know lots of reviews on here mention the fact that money is their only goal but that's not the case at all they just want to make it clear what the treatment will cost (if you aren't insured or your insurance is capped) and further down the line you will be grateful for this. Appreciate I am on my soap box here... therefore Id also like to take this opportunity to thank, Nathalia (?), Emma, Dan and Liz (and all the others behind the scene that I didn't meet) for what they did to make sure my pup made his first Birthday."
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Whittington Worcester
"Disgraceful am seeking legal advice for negligent lack of care and damages due to, acting on no response to prior email / txt message"
"Not with the whole practice on Tuesday night we went with our sick puppy and was greeted by a lovely nurse and American vet couldn’t have been nicer. Unfortunately we had to take her back after surgery from our own vet who I must say did an amazing job (swan vet dyce) bryony was absolutely lovely and stayed at there practice till we arrived to collect lily and we had to take her to vets now at kingswells fir an overnight stay on Friday after her surgery to be monitored overnight. We arrived at the practice around 18.45 to be greeted by a grumpy receptionist telling us we’re we aware that they didn’t open till 7. We were quite happy to wait but bearing in mind we had a puppy that was very sedated and very flat we were obviously very concerned. We were greeted by a vet named Kieran o’carrol Who was very abrupt he obviously had no idea we were coming our own vet had e mailed to say we were on our way he asked me to put her on the table but the puppy was very sleepy he took her temperature disappeared out of the room came back picking up our puppy from her stomach the poor dog was screaming in pain bearing in mind she,d just had surgery on her abdomen I had managed to carry her from dyce to kingswells without hurting her at all. I think he had no compassion at all and is obviously in the wrong profession. He was a different person when he called at 7.30 to say how our puppy was and how she was during the night but on arrival I would have never left our dog in his care I,d have rather left her in our own practice they were amazing, but have to say everyone else we met at vets now we’re lovely. Bearing in mind we spent over £1,000 on our dogs treatment I never expected to be treated like we were. I hope no one else endures this like we were !!!!!!"
Good afternoon Fiona. I am sorry to read you were not entirely happy with the service you received at Nets Now. If you would like to log a complaint you can get in touch with the client care team on clientcare@vets-now.com and we can look into this for you.
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Kilmarnock
"I could not have received a better welcome or treatment on the evening of 16th August 2018 My dog was put to sleep on the morning of the 17th August 2018 I wish to thank the vet and nurse on duty that evening. Many thanks, Olga Morrison"
Which Vets Now clinic or hospital did you attend? Gateshead
"They were great with my French bulldog, Cooper when he fractured his growth plate in his knee. He was only 6mths and they gave great advice until I could get to my vet for an operation"
"Took our dog to the Glasgow vets now when seen by a vet we explained what happened as we suspected a stroke he took blood and urine samples came back and said both were ok no advice on what may have happened to him or offered medication just told too take him home and keep an eye on him then hit with an extortionate bill"
"EXTORTIONATE prices"
Hi Paul, it's true that emergency and out of hours care is expensive. All our dedicated vets and nurses are in our clinics overnight, at weekends and on bank holidays, whether we see ten cases or two, so our prices reflect this. Please speak to our client care department if you feel you would like to raise a complaint: clientcare@vets-now.com
Regards Ruth
"If you could give no stars i would. Liverpool vet now treated our beloved dog and us awful, we rushed him in on Saturday and kept calling for updates, called at 11pm advised no improvements and they would call if any change. No calls so called at 6.30am to be told he had passed and they tired to call one of the two numbers they have (they didnt as both phones where on and we where awaiting to here). Went to pick him up and 6pm (couldnt go earlier as they are closed) paid the fees and was told over the reception desk to pick him up at the back door. No compassion no chat no change to say goo bye just passed out the back door in a body bag. And to top it off he was left on the floor by the back door when the lady explained how upset she was that her granddad has passed the day before. Very very very poor service, i would have expected better for a company who are suppose to love pets. Heartbroken."
Good afternoon Clare
I believe you have a complaint in progress with one of my colleagues for the treatment of Alvin. Please be assured that we are looking into this for you and we will get back in touch with you as quickly as we can.
Vets Now is rated 4.40 based on 2,139 reviews