Variety Cruises Reviews

4.8
Based on 194 reviews
Read Variety Cruises Reviews

About Variety Cruises:

Embracing the philosophy of elegance, intimacy and adventure, Variety Cruises operates 11 state-of-the-art SOLAS certified yachts hosting less than 71 passengers around the world. Each yacht has an intimate ambiance and a community of like-minded fellow travelers. Known for its high passenger-to-crew ratio, averaging 2 passengers to 1
crew, Variety staff offer personal attention to all passengers.

Since 1968, Variety Cruises as a family-owned cruise company has been delivering
cruise experiences that focus on the destination, while guests enjoy unique benefits of what small ships offers. Our ships serve handpicked destinations worldwide including Greece, the Adriatic Sea, Bali & Indonesian islands, Borneo, Thailand, Israel, Egypt & Jordan, the Cape Verde Islands, the Seychelles, Costa Rica & the Panama, Cuba, West Indies, Spain & Portugal, and Iceland. Variety Cruises’ ships dock right in the heart of the destination and offer multiple swim stops right off the vessel in secluded bays. To learn more, please visit www.varietycruises.com

+30 210 6919191

Variety Cruises 5 star review on 16th July 2019
Sweeney C
Variety Cruises 5 star review on 30th January 2019
Anne C
We returned from a cruise in Seychelles in April. From start to finish ( and I didn’t want it to finish ) it was wonderful. I have to say the staff on board were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and they went out of there way to please and help you. The safety on board was very professional, my husband had a bit of an issue in the sea and the staff were onto it immediately and he was picked up and taken out of the water. The food was amazing. It was always good with lots of variety and beautifully presented, amazing what the chef can achieve in the small galley. This was our 4th cruise with Variety but won’t be our last. I really would like to go on Galileo next year but I would like to transfer staff from Pegasus to Galileo. I am sure the staff on board will be great, they always are.
Variety Cruises 5 star review on 24th May 2022 Variety Cruises 5 star review on 24th May 2022
Our first holiday abroad for over two years and it did not disappoint. In fact, it exceeded all our expectations! Galileo (Antiquity) was just stunning our second trip on her. Valeria (see picture below) remembered us from the Cyclades, 5 years ago - apparently, she never forgets a face - and she is briliiant at what she does. Evgania was informative and bubbling with enthusiasm. Nikos was charming and excellent at re-organising when things could not go to plan (like a strike at Olympia and an unexpected storm). All the crew and staff were outstanding. All this coupled with blue skies and carpets of wildflowers everywhere along with ancient stones and medieval towns and castles was the stuff of dreams. Thank you so much for running this trip when the ship was less than a quarter full. We have done the Cyclades trip and we wanted to book Dubrovnik to Athens but we understand you are not running it in 2023.
Variety Cruises 5 star review on 15th May 2022
We sailed on the MS Galileo around the Peloponnese. It was fantastic! Having Jennie along as our guide made all the difference in the world, I learned so much and saw so many amazing archeological and historical places! The beauty of Greece and stopping in ports where the large cruise ships can’t go was perfect. It was a calm nice trip. Perfect for relaxing. The crew on board was extremely nice from the wait staff to the housekeepers to the cruise director Nikos. All were friendly, jumped to serve and pleasant. The seas were mostly calm, sitting outside on the decks while we sailed was an awesome experience blue sky, light breeze, beauty all around, new friends. By the week’s end we knew everyone on board by first name and I miss them already. What a once in a lifetime experience!! We did struggle a few times with cool showers not sure if that’s something they can fix? But I learned to rise early or shower in the afternoon and conserve by turning off the water to lather then rinse. It is an older small ship after all.
An excellent boat, very friendly crew and excellent service and food
London office responsive, helpful and effective. Pegasus crew could not have been more friendly and attentive. The naturalist was knowledgeable and well organised, and his trips very successful. All in all a brilliant holiday.
Variety Cruises 5 star review on 23rd March 2022
Loved it Crew food & excursions were terrific
Bateaux à taille humaine où les rencontres entre passagers sont conviviales et faciles. De très bons guides lors des excursions. Une ambiance amicale et familiale procurée par le personnel.
I really enjoyed every day of the cruise ship Galileo. I will do it again if I get the chance.
We have travelled with variety many times and cruised on the Harmony G in June 2021. Even allowing for covid it was very sad that this trip failed to meet the high standards of all previous trips. The boat is extremely tired, in poor repair and in places dirty. The food was absolutely not up to the quality of previous trips. The crew, cruise director and captain etc were all excellent and did a good job and given we have had so many great trips I wanted to provide the feedback direct. Whilst their initial response was prompt and they suggested they would revert I’m posting this now as I haven’t heard back which makes more wondered if they have chosen to ignore it
I had to cancel a reservation for a trip 8 months in advance of travel. The trip was cancelled on June 18 2019 ( cruise was for 22 FEB 20) I was advised that they would refund the deposit of Euro 400. I have supplied all bank details. However,I have sent follow up emails enquiring about the refund but they all go unanswered. So it appears that the funds are now lost - Anne Weldon Martin
Well informed itinerary each day, safety first. Great meals, met lots of different nationalitys
It was a good, clean ship with nice food and clear information about the daily activities.
Our cruise was very pleasant. We rate the staff and all facilities very highly. Despite there being a change in plans due to very bad weather in the main channel, we all happily accepted the Captain's advise and made the best of the change in destinations. Everyone was very courteous and happy, the tour guide Stella was wonderful. Nothing was too much trouble for her and her knowledge of English and information that she gave us on the islands and their archaeological sites was second to none. Well done Variety Cruises !!!
We had an excellent cruise director -- Joseph -- who was extremely accommodating and a wonderful tour guide on our excursions. The staff was great. The food was good and plentiful, including options for us vegetarians. Our ship, the Harmony G was very comfortable. I would recommend the trip to others.
We cruised the Cyclades on the Harmony G, June 14-21 and loved every minute of our time. We were very lucky to have beautiful weather and calm seas. We thoroughly enjoyed the historical sites we visited and all the ports of call. We also met lots of friendly fellow travellers and will keep in touch with some of them. Jospeh is a wonderful cruise director, knowledgeable and passionate about his country. All of the crew were helpful and friendly.
Variety Cruises 5 star review on 16th July 2019 Variety Cruises 5 star review on 16th July 2019
One in August 2018
Friendly crew, good food, cabin in need of a bit of tlc.
Happy ,helpful crew Good food and plentiful Adequate cabin Good trips ashore Goo d information about the trips and local history
We had a superb trip aboard Harmony G around Cap Verde and thoroughly enjoyed the small ship experience.
Great ship, stunning scenery, amazing crew, yummy food, and being a small ship I felt surrounded by friends. If I didn’t have to pay extra for being a solo traveller I would be back sooner. Regards Dianne
Variety Cruises is rated 4.77 based on 194 reviews