The Massage People Reviews

Based on 636 reviews
Read The Massage People Reviews

info@massagepeoplelondon.co.uk

Tell us how The Massage People made you happy
Booked 23rd Feb for a 25th Feb appointment with Christine but didn't receive a confirmation from her until 1hr before arrival. She turned up 15mins late, I didn't receive a text prior, excuse or even an apology on arrival. Although she seems pleasant, she's extremely quiet so if pose with a question I only received a one word answer so was difficult to create a semblance of rapour... Her massage was mediocre at best though I felt she had lots of potential but due to the deafening silence and atmospheric state, I was watching the clock as you'd watch paint dry. I advise her to trim her finger nails as they were scratching me throughout the session.
I had a one hr massage and the masseuse was polite and punctual. However, while the massage was not terrible, I do not believe that masseuse was qualified. I was not comfortable or relaxed during. The masseuses phone was used for relaxing music but it kept turning off and often buzzed from messages coming through. I also assumed the masseuse would bring some towels - or more than just herself and some oil. For the price I paid I was expecting a more professional experience. Would not recommend.
The company offers a loyalty scheme whereby you get a free massage after every 8 massages booked. My last free massage credit disappeared into thin air and now I no longer gain any new credits despite Multiple bookings. Tried calling many times and no response Just voicemail. Emailed several times too and no response. What’s the point of offering a loyalty scheme if it doesn’t work and you can’t contact anyone about it anyway?
Had a massage with Grenda. So so in terms of the technique, but I was disappointed by poor professionalism - kept looking at phone while doing rather peremptory repetitive strokes. And at one point answered it to swear at a sales call! Then finished the massage 10 minutes early - seemed to be in a rush to get somewhere. Disappointing given MassagePeople are generally excellent. Can certainly recommend Heather, Ai & Lucy.
Tried Ohara last night. I was disappointed with her treatment. As a fully qualified masseur myself, I found her massage rather repetitive and lacking a variety of moves. Also, I felt no engagement with her as a person. Maybe her poor English did not help.
Therapist late, no contact with me to tell me. Not acceptable
I am posting this review because of how difficult it has been to cancel a booking I made. I have sent two messages via the website, called the number four times and even sent an email but I have had no response at all. I have not even been able to cancel via the therapist as she did not text me directly as has been the case in the past. I made the booking last night, tried to cancel a little bit later the same night and several times again today. It's now an hour and a half before the original appointment and I am left worrying that the therapist is going to turn up anyway. It's such a shame as I have used the company three times before and had excellent massages. There's no point making it easy to book if you don't make it equally easy to cancel and there's absolutely no point leaving contact numbers if you don't answer or having a live chat service that's never actually available.
I found the massage too intimate
The massage was below average as she only knew 10 movements, I doubt very much that she was a professional therapist.
Hello Gillian, We're sorry you didn't enjoy your massage. However, we can assure you that all of our therapists are fully qualified. If the massage was not to your taste this is regrettable. Regards, The Massage People
The Massage People is rated 4.72 based on 636 reviews