Sport Lived Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Sport Lived

About Sport Lived: Sport Lived is a gap year company which arranges for young people to play and coach sport in Australia, New Zealand & South Africa!

ian.dodd@sportlived.co.uk

Sport Lived,Sir Colin Campbell Building, Triumph Road,

Tell us how Sport Lived made you happy

Telephone
Julie Walsh
"My son enjoyed his stay in Brisbane and was looked after well"
Aidan Rennison
"I went on the Sport Lived rugby union academy programme in Brisbane and had a fantastic experience that will stay with me forever. The coaching I received over there from both the Academy itself and the University of Queensland Rugby Club was top class. Unsurprisingly many professional players and even Wallabies have come from the setup at UQRFC. There were a few inconsistencies in what was advertised as included in the Academy, for example there was no nutritionist but there were sports psychology classes. The sportlived contact out there, John Mitchel, was brilliant, helping out with anything and everything along with organising some excellent socials. The premium accommodation I stayed in whilst I was there was very high quality and I would definitely recommend it. I would strongly recommend a Sport Lived programme to anyone thinking about going on a high level sporting gap year!"
Clare Davies
"The company lived up to it's name and gave Jake an amazing experience. He was looked after, treated with respect and given a first class hockey experience which has inspired him to keep the fitness level up for his University in September! He was all alone going out to Melbourne and having been met at the airport, was supported in his life in Australia; from being a member of a hockey team and playing for the Reserves, to being given some experiences of life down under! He loved surfing! Thanks Sport Lived, Jessy, Kathy and all the others for looking after him so well!"
"I've been in Melbourne for 2 months now and it's been awesome! We have the best events and get to see the real Melbourne! My rowing club is amazing and everyone was so welcoming. I'm looking forward to the up and coming racing season but so far it's been amazing!"
"Sport Lived is a great programme, especially for those looking to gain independence but also have the time to go out, in my case, and explore Australia! Kathy, Jessie and Elaine were instrumental in their part of making my programme an easy experience! I highly recommend any young sportsperson looking to play abroad to look at Sport Lived first!"
"My first 2 months in Melbourne so far have been golden! Thanks to Sport Lived we have managed to see and do things i may not have had the chance to do on my own! I have also met some amazing pals, and an amazing cricket team too! Ive received high level coaching and cant wait for what’s to come! Thank you!"
"Going out to New Zealand was the best experience I’ve ever had. Sport lived allowed me to combine my love for rugby and travel and I am so thankful I got the opportunity. I received world class coaching that improved me massively as a rugby player, got to train everyday like a professional athlete but more than that I met some life-long friends on and off the field. The best way to spend my gap year thanks to Sport lived!"
"sport lived provided the best possible service and really helped me settle! besides them arranging everything, they'll supply to you a group boys and girls that will most likely and up being best mates for life! when you seem to lose track of things and are desperate for help, they're there. always providing you the unique service only they can provide. I had the most amazing 9 months of my life thanks to Sportlived! (and of course a bit of my own effort) definitely a must do!"
"Sport Lived provided a great framework enabling me to play WPL hockey in Australia. Playing abroad stretched my learning and skills of the sport I love. During my 10 weeks living in Melbourne I played 9 WPL matches, I watched the AFL, I surfed, I hiked the grampians, the great ocean road, Mornington peninsular & the blue mountains, I bathed in hot springs, I sky dived, I clubbed, I cooked, I escaped an escape room, I made tonnes of new friends, I trained, I ran, I went to the gym, I did Yoga, I travelled, I went to a festival, I climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge, I saw vivid Sydney, I raved, I did Karaoke, I took the overnight greyhound to Canberra, I saw Koalas, I ate Kangaroo, I laughed a lot, I did a 4WD of Fraser Island, I sailed the Whitsundays and I did a bungee jump over the Great Barrier Reef ... and this is just a few highlights of my stay.... oh and finally got lost numerous times on the Melbourne tram system - sadly never really mastered that! Anyone considering Sport Lived - JUST DO IT! but be warned you need to be really independent when you arrive and make your own stay and experience unique. I enjoyed every minute!"
"All arrangements that were agreed on were executed very well and their team showed real care for my son when he was in New Zealand. i would recommend them to anyone that wants to make use of their services for a gap year."
"Sport lived sorted me out a rugby side to play for during my 6 months in Melbourne. The team was a good level and matched my ability whilst testing me at the same time. We had a very successful season in the U20's league and managed to win the final at AAMI. Couldn't have asked for a better bunch of lads in the flat as well as in the team and I look forward to going back out there soon."
"Both our boys attended Programmes in Melbourne two years apart and had a wonderful 6 months playing and coaching cricket. The support they recieved and prompt response and help with any queries/issues was second to none! They made great friends within the Sport Lived Group and also, within the Cricket Club they were playing for."
"Sport lived sorted me out with a hockey team that was very well suited to my ability. The social and sport organisers were both very approachable and made living on the other side of the world a lot easier than you first think."
"The people over in Australia were very welcoming and I was in a great club who all made me feel like I was part of the team from day 1."
"The process of booking our sons trip to Christchurch for 4 weeks with Canterbury Crusaders IHPU was really easy, Elaine was always available to give answers to our many questions. The homestay worked really well for our son as he had independence but still had breakfast and dinner every day. He really enjoyed the experience and working with top quality coaches and players. he has come back a far better player. Tanaya the rep met Tom from the airport and was available for any questions. Tom loved it so much he wants to go back next year."
"A very well organised programme. Socials were great fun and staff abroad were extremely helpful when getting us jobs and changing our programme. A great atmosphere at Space Hotel and staff were friendly and helpful. Overall an amazing experience."
"Sport Lived were great, everything from start to finish was easy. All the staff were very supportive on both sides. It was a great experience and I would reccomend it to anyone looking to play sport down under! The people I ended up living with were great, and the cricket club I was at made the whole experience even better! A friendly club that welcomed all us English in with open arms, helping us to develop skills and have fun at the same time! Can’t wait to go back as soon as I can!"
"Had a fantastic 6 month trip to Melbourne to play cricket. The club Toorak Prahran were very welcoming and involved us as Aussie players. Sport Lived organised lots of events and were on hand if we needed help thanks to Cathy and Jessie. The complete trip was well organised by Sport Lived. Would defiantly recommend them."
"I had an excellent time in Melbourne playing cricket and would recommend. One great advantage is the assistance one gets with setting up bank accounts etc. Furthermore the ability to make friends is great with you staying with them for a considerable amount of time and for me that was in Space Hotel where we had the same people in my room. My cricket club was excellent and were a great bunch of lads who will be friends in the future. The ability to play 2 day cricket was a highlight also along with academy training sessions that would go the extra mile. SL are also very flexible and well worth doing."
"Personally, I really enjoyed the program. It was exciting to meet people from different countries, learn from them and create bonds with them. Playing in the hockey club was so different back at home and I loved learning and challenging my self to adapt to their play. It was high speed, one touch and everyone was welcoming. The accommodation was not really what I pictured, but in the end I liked meeting random people in the kitchen and talking to them. I also enjoyed having everyone around, that made me realized how much I miss my siblings and that I don’t like being the only child left. Although we did have 4 to a room, it did get quite smelly and messy, but not as much as the lads, in there. Melbourne it self is astonishing. There are new things to try and you have to dig deep to find the cutest places. Living in the city was a huge change for a country girl like me. A bit overwhelming at first but them I started to fall in love with Melbourne. I will for sure go back after uni. It was a fantastic to be able to experience this at such a young age. The academy program was ok. We had a few issues with the PT and our nutritionist but otherwise I enjoyed the skill sessions with Graeme. I think it could be a little more intense than it was. The work out sessions toward the end are amazing and I learned a lot of info on how to lift and what workouts work what muscle. Also adored the ice baths!!! Overall, I would recommend this program to my friends because you get to travel and play the sport or coach the sport you love. It was a great experience I will never forgot and everyone there are outgoing, towards the end it made it seem like they were my second family only after 6 weeks."
"Right from the get go they looked after us before and during Melbourne. The staff out in Melbourne are available 24 hours a day and are there a lot at the beginning of the program to make sure you have all your necessary documentation etc. the club I was set up with where amazing and I could not have asked for a better club that made me feel so welcome from day one and I couldn't of found them without Sport Lived. Lastly but certainly not least the people I lived with where amazing and I have made friends for life and it helped so much having a ready made group of friends as soon as you arrive."
"I have been so impressed with the help and Sport Lived gave Sam and us both before leaving and during his time in Melbourne. It really made it a pretty stress free experience as a parent, knowing that Sam was having a great time but that there was a safety net there if needed. Would really recommend it as a great Gap year option for anyone who loves sport."
"I spent 10 weeks coaching cricket in Melbourne and had an amazing time. SportLived helped support me and the group I was with."
Sport Lived is rated 4.66 based on 53 reviews