Scan Computers Reviews

33% of reviewers recommend Scan Computers

How would you rate Scan Computers?

54 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Christopher Dean
Excellent prices, quick delivery and brilliant customer service.

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Scan Computers in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Christopher Dean
"Excellent prices, quick delivery and brilliant customer service."
"Great price, quick delivery"
Matthew Strangwood
Unverified Reviewer
"received parcel 2nd hand products refused to replace sent back and said ive damaged kicked off a massive fuss and now refuse to sell replacements to me so have half a pc from scan and half from elsewhere absolutely useless and arrogant avoid at all costs go to overclockers.co.uk"
"These guys are a fucking joke. They are rude and extremely unhelpful. I dont think anyone there has ever apologised for the issues I have experenced."
Timothy Belchamber
"Great value and excellent delivery service. I couldn't fault their customer line too! they had excellent communication to our questions. The variety to chose from was amazing and in all honesty I'm 99% sure they had every type of product on the market and in stock. Will use again!"
"Two faulty 1080ti's and I ask for a replacement for the second faulty one in two weeks. They accepted my RMA, but left out the part where they didn't actually have stock to replace my card. I am now being told it will likely take over a month to replace. Since the value of my card has risen by almost £100, I asked if I could pay the difference between my card and a similar card, and have the similar card as a replacement. The returns manager refused this and offered me the random gigabyte card they had in stock., which is far inferior and made by a far inferior company. I was offered no goodwill gestures and no proper resolution. The only options I was given was to wait 1-3 months, or to be refunded a portion of the card's value. Disgraceful. Just buy from overclockers, their customer service is far, far superior."
"Very poor RMA policies and overall bad customer service. Their site FAQ's say they aim to replace faulty items within 3 to 5 days. This is not the case. Returned a faulty card under warranty, was tested and found to be faulty by scan. They then informed me that it would take up to 28 days for the item to be processed by their supplier, before a replacement could be sent. Informed them that unfortunately this would be too long for me, (as it was needed for an application to finish a time sensitive job). I would be more than happy to have it replaced with an alternative or get a refund. I was informed by their very helpful customer service representative that the only choice I had was to wait. Very helpful! Buy if your happy to wait 28 days for a replacement with no other options, and don't trust any of the FAQ's"
"Fast free delivery. Very good prices and kept informed of the progress all the time. Will be using again."
"I've had several issues, and never a good after sale care! Ever! To the extent that at the moment I've had like 6 months of faulty GPU on warranty that has been sent back and forth from scan, they keep telling me it has no fault I test in 2 different computers both crashing with the card. Finally after many complaints they agreed to replace the GPU, I've waited patiently many weeks, for Scan to return me the same faulty card! No replacement, no communication, no update on the order. Total shame."
Terry Grant
"They delivered at price and on time....very happy!"
"Horrendous shipping/delivery time are issues with store collection. Very unhelpful and insincere when I had to contact about sorting things out. Still, don't have my order which was meant to be here over 5 days ago, no tracking information provided so just waiting to see if it turns up...doubtful. Will never use again."
Mick
"Great prices on website, order process simple and easy to follow. Email confirmation everytime an update on order so keep you informed all the time. Delivered before the actual date when order processed"
"Bought a reconditioned keyboard from Scan. It was faulty. Rang up to complain, asked to speak to a manager. Keyboard was exchanged. Second keyboard faulty too. Eventually got a working keyboard but had to waste two mornings to collect keyboard(pretty hard to use my computer without one so couldn't wait for the post. Oh well not good but not bad but wait...I get my phone bill and realise their customer service number is premium rate and They've charged me £20 for speaking to me. This frim has gone down the pan. Very sad because they used to be the best."
Paul
"it had what I wanted at a good price"
A G Beardmore
Verified Reviewer
"I bought a 3XS system from scan Computers in Jan 2016, It has been the worst computer I have ever owned and at 72 I have owned many computers. It is currently back with them for the 3rd time, it has been with them this time since 25th October2017, today is the 20th of November 2017 and I still have no idea of when I will get it back.!! For a company that advertises that it is by Royal Appointment this is unbelievable. The only reason they get ONE star is that there is no box for NONE They also had the cheek to charge me £48 carriage which I paid for (more fool me) 2 weeks ago - Still no idea when I will get it back. This computer was built by SCAN 3XS systems and is clearly Not fit for purpose, as they are struggling to fix it again! My advice is DO NOT USE SCAN Computers A G Beardmore"
"Trash. Sick of returning products. Ordered an EVGA CLC 280 which started making absurdly loud noises a week after usage. Ordered a be quiet dark base 700 which the fan hub died 20 minutes after turning the PC on. Scan refuse to make it right and refuse to acknowledge how much of my time they have wasted, building my build, taking it apart, packaging the 15kg case and taking it to the DPD - only so I can do the same tomorrow when the new case arrives. They haven't made it right at all, not even a coupon for free shipping on the replacement case, I still pay £15 for shipping. Ridiculous. Hours wasted, nothing to compensate. Manager of returns is also useless and doesn't understand the concept of goodwill gestures from a repeating customer. Just to spite Scan, I am tempted to return the 1080Ti I bought that coil whines very loudly. I was advised to return it but didn't feel the need, now I do."
Elliott
"Good Prices"
Andrew Ellis
Verified Reviewer
"My hard drive was dead on arrival. I contacted scan and they arranged a DPD drop off. From an off hand comment I made in an email while communicating with them they learnt that it was a 90 minute round trip for me and changed it to a pickup from my house. The replacement was also delivered to my house instead of to the drop off which I had selected for the delivery to save £15. I was fearing how this was going to turn out after reading the reviews on this site but all I can say is a failure like this is out of their control. They handled the return in an efficient and friendly manner. Yes it took a week longer than expected to have a working drive but these things take time."
"Paid £2000 for a very high end laptop which had a fault. Tried to return it within 14 days but Scan requested additional testing. When I did return it after a further 14 days Scan refused to provide a refund because of the number of "power-ons" being too many. Dubious tactic on the part of Scan - ask the customer to do tests and then refuse a refund because of excessive use. I am now in legal dispute with Scan in order to get refund. Great customer service (not)."
"Several times now in my experience alone, they have advertised items on their website as being in stock and taken the money/personal details from numerous customers, when no stock exists. The following day they then issue refunds to all the unhappy customers who have been let down. In 2017 this is unacceptable. They should either invest in an efficient, real time stock control system or stop pretending they are a reputable on line business. Caveat emptor."
Scan Computers is rated 2.41 based on 54 reviews