Scan Computers Reviews

Scan Computers have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers love their delivery but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

35% of reviewers recommend Scan Computers

How would you rate Scan Computers ?

"Over 15 years I've used scan.co.uk multiple times.. On the three occasions there has been a problem the stores customer support was shockingly bad, the first two I put down to individual error, just a one off, but after this third issue it is clear they have a policy company wide to block and obstruct any post sales issue resulting in a return. The company wash their hands of the products they sell the minute they leave the store. The first occasion was a decade or more ago, a disk they sold failed, it was before it became routine to contact the disk manufacturer. It took about 4 months for them to get around to sending out a replacement. A few years later some blank DVD's were shipped, when I came to use them it was clear it was a bad batch, all 25 disks had a visual issue, and were faulty, despite this they insisted they only had a 28 day warranty and refused to refund. The third occasion, two weeks ago, I returned a Netgear modem which had a serious firmware issue, not fixed after a firmware update, which they asked me to do. After updating the firmware didn't fix the issue - I asked for a return, they ignored me, and continued to ignore me until I invoked my 14 day legal right of return, on top of my right to return a faulty item, only threatening them with legal action resulted in a response. They are simply crooks, if you item works, as it usually does, they are fine, but if you need to return something, well, just hope you don't if you ordered from scan.co.uk, and don't expect a new item every time either, this last item was already returned at least once as the box was cut open already."
"They have a great range of products and are often the cheapest with super fast delivery. They offer cheap insurance when installing components, which can give you piece of mind when building a PC, something that no-one else does. Knowledgeable staff, only ever had one issue, returned and refunded without any fuss."
"Easy ordering, quick service and delivery, friendly phone staff"
"Always great customer service, helpful and honest advice, and fast shipping."
"My computer did not have a valid producy key.Also the computer packed up within six months.The customer help by email was useless."
"Faulty cpu, mobo and RAM combo faulty and they won't give me a refund as I thought a old HD was the issue"
"Purchased three new Akasa Apache Black fans, received three dirty fans with scratched labels and one with a damaged connector. It was obvious they had been taken from an old system. When I rang to complain they admitted at least one had been a customer return placed back in stock. The fans were advertised as new retail models but of those sent one had a OEM label stating if removed warranty void. The other two had this label partly removed and as such came with no warranty. That a company would pass off used items as new is dishonest. To return the items they then asked me to take them to a drop off point which entailed a journey of ten miles."
"Excellent prices, quick delivery and brilliant customer service."
"Great price, quick delivery"
"received parcel 2nd hand products refused to replace sent back and said ive damaged kicked off a massive fuss and now refuse to sell replacements to me so have half a pc from scan and half from elsewhere absolutely useless and arrogant avoid at all costs go to overclockers.co.uk"
"Great value and excellent delivery service. I couldn't fault their customer line too! they had excellent communication to our questions. The variety to chose from was amazing and in all honesty I'm 99% sure they had every type of product on the market and in stock. Will use again!"
"Two faulty 1080ti's and I ask for a replacement for the second faulty one in two weeks. They accepted my RMA, but left out the part where they didn't actually have stock to replace my card. I am now being told it will likely take over a month to replace. Since the value of my card has risen by almost £100, I asked if I could pay the difference between my card and a similar card, and have the similar card as a replacement. The returns manager refused this and offered me the random gigabyte card they had in stock., which is far inferior and made by a far inferior company. I was offered no goodwill gestures and no proper resolution. The only options I was given was to wait 1-3 months, or to be refunded a portion of the card's value. Disgraceful. Just buy from overclockers, their customer service is far, far superior."
"Very poor RMA policies and overall bad customer service. Their site FAQ's say they aim to replace faulty items within 3 to 5 days. This is not the case. Returned a faulty card under warranty, was tested and found to be faulty by scan. They then informed me that it would take up to 28 days for the item to be processed by their supplier, before a replacement could be sent. Informed them that unfortunately this would be too long for me, (as it was needed for an application to finish a time sensitive job). I would be more than happy to have it replaced with an alternative or get a refund. I was informed by their very helpful customer service representative that the only choice I had was to wait. Very helpful! Buy if your happy to wait 28 days for a replacement with no other options, and don't trust any of the FAQ's"
"Fast free delivery. Very good prices and kept informed of the progress all the time. Will be using again."
"I've had several issues, and never a good after sale care! Ever! To the extent that at the moment I've had like 6 months of faulty GPU on warranty that has been sent back and forth from scan, they keep telling me it has no fault I test in 2 different computers both crashing with the card. Finally after many complaints they agreed to replace the GPU, I've waited patiently many weeks, for Scan to return me the same faulty card! No replacement, no communication, no update on the order. Total shame."
"They delivered at price and on time....very happy!"
"Horrendous shipping/delivery time are issues with store collection. Very unhelpful and insincere when I had to contact about sorting things out. Still, don't have my order which was meant to be here over 5 days ago, no tracking information provided so just waiting to see if it turns up...doubtful. Will never use again."
"Great prices on website, order process simple and easy to follow. Email confirmation everytime an update on order so keep you informed all the time. Delivered before the actual date when order processed"
"Bought a reconditioned keyboard from Scan. It was faulty. Rang up to complain, asked to speak to a manager. Keyboard was exchanged. Second keyboard faulty too. Eventually got a working keyboard but had to waste two mornings to collect keyboard(pretty hard to use my computer without one so couldn't wait for the post. Oh well not good but not bad but wait...I get my phone bill and realise their customer service number is premium rate and They've charged me £20 for speaking to me. This frim has gone down the pan. Very sad because they used to be the best."
"it had what I wanted at a good price"
Scan Computers is rated 2.47 based on 60 reviews