Scan Computers Reviews

42% of reviewers recommend Scan Computers

About Scan Computers: Specification + Service = Satisfaction
Scan Computers has been selling components, software and building custom PCs, workstations, laptops and servers from our state-of-the-art factory in the UK for more than 25 years. The cornerstone of our business philosophy is 3XS: Specification, Service and Satisfaction. Specification means we only sell high-quality branded components in our PCs, no unbranded brown boxes here; Service means keeping our customers informed at every stage of their order, including a web portal and SMS messages; Satisfaction means we benchmark every system we build for 24 hours ensuring that they perform brilliantly and reliably, day in and day out. Our 3XS systems have earned more than 300 awards in the press and a Royal Warrant of Appointment to Her Majesty the Queen as supplier of High Performance Personal Computers and IT Hardware. View our website, telephone or visit us in person to discuss your requirements and let us tailor make a system for you.

feedback@scan.co.uk

27-29 Enterprise Park

Categories:
B2C
Computers
E-commerce

Telephone

How would you rate Scan Computers ?

"I have never dealt with such horrible company in my life. I made a finance order by the time i signed my finance agreement the Laptop was end of life. no problem not their fault. I ordered a similer cheaper laptop with some extra bits. The laptop they sent me saying its Ex Display like new laptop was dirty like hell the fan grill went was cracked. Half of the keyboard was not working. I called to to get a resolution i was told i can return it or get it replaced with a different laptop. The reason i ordered that laptop was because of it look and uniqueness. Anyway with heavy heart i decided to go with a different laptop and now i am told the other laptop i wanted is on sale and by the time they will receive original item back and test it the price can go up and i have to pay the difference and there is no way they can lock the price for the replacement and i am not allowed to speak to a manager and as she will say the same. They other item which was a Breeze 4K drone was faulty and was not working. The drone was advertised as new and when it arrived was full of finger print marks and on enquiry i was told it was due to quality check. I read another feedback someone complaining about the same used items sold as new. what a horrible bunch of people. They have no respect for trading standards or customer services."
HI Tariq,

Thank you for your feedback and your time today. We can fully understand your frustrations in the matter, when you receive faulty items, however sometimes this is unavoidable. We do aim to offer the best support to have you up and running again as soon as possible.
We have offered to collect the faulty items, and replace at no extra cost to yourself however, this will take approximately 3-5 working days.

As agreed today, we will arrange to collect the faulty drone and replace this through our return department. You have expressed your wishes to deal with Gigabyte repair centre directly to resolve the faulty laptop.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly if you have any further queries.

Team Scan
"Ordered a Razer blade 15, and got told by email it was overdue from the 18th September, so I contacted support who said the email was correct. I then asked when more would be due in, and got the response that they did not know when more would arrive. I ordered this on the 25th September, and waited until today again to ask if they know when they would be due back in, due to only buying it for work and a little bit of personal use and got told again they didn't have a date. On the website it shows that they talk to their suppliers about deliveries but were unable to tell me when they are expecting more in ? even after taking the money for the product out of my bank, when this could of been done when the items arrived"
Thank you for your feedback, I’m sorry to read that you are unhappy with our service. Please feel free to contact us directly feedback@scan.co.uk , with your reference number so we can assist you further.
Team Scan
"Unbelievably bad at customer service!!!! Great when buying but if you need to return anything .....good luck!!!!!"
Team Scan
"Dishonest, cheering rogues. Carrie, their customer "service" manager unhelpful and dismissive. I paid for items which they refused to send me claiming the laptop outfit with bag and cooling tower was an old offer they could not honour. This was after I had paid and taken delivery of the laptop. Do not buy from them. No doubt, the £800 lap top will go bang very soon and I know there is no customer care at Scan computers. Avoid Scan (a Mr Raja is the Director), avoid Carrie at customer services. Total cheats. Do not spend any money with this bunch of cheating thieves."
HI Julian,
Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad to see that we managed to resolve your query and you are now in receipt of all the goods ordered.

Please don't hesitate to contact us directly if you have any further queries. You can email us feedback@scan.co.uk.

Team Scan
"Their customer service is appalling. 7 years ago I bought PSU which failed after 3 months. They failed exchanging it claiming there is none in stock and they are awaiting delivery. Then I check on their website, it was still in stock to buy it. After negotiating I had to pay extra for the different one. Pay more, that difference in price between them. Being desperate to have running pc I had to agree as conversation was going nowhere. Few days ago that very psu packed up. After phoning them I learned that it can't be classed as new but as a exchange to the faulty one, therefore warranty run out. Before I could say anything they put the phone down on me! How rude. Won't be shopping with them anymore. Their loss as I was about to seriously upgrade my 7 years old pc. Avoid at all cost."
"Over 15 years I've used scan.co.uk multiple times.. On the three occasions there has been a problem the stores customer support was shockingly bad, the first two I put down to individual error, just a one off, but after this third issue it is clear they have a policy company wide to block and obstruct any post sales issue resulting in a return. The company wash their hands of the products they sell the minute they leave the store. The first occasion was a decade or more ago, a disk they sold failed, it was before it became routine to contact the disk manufacturer. It took about 4 months for them to get around to sending out a replacement. A few years later some blank DVD's were shipped, when I came to use them it was clear it was a bad batch, all 25 disks had a visual issue, and were faulty, despite this they insisted they only had a 28 day warranty and refused to refund. The third occasion, two weeks ago, I returned a Netgear modem which had a serious firmware issue, not fixed after a firmware update, which they asked me to do. After updating the firmware didn't fix the issue - I asked for a return, they ignored me, and continued to ignore me until I invoked my 14 day legal right of return, on top of my right to return a faulty item, only threatening them with legal action resulted in a response. They are simply crooks, if you item works, as it usually does, they are fine, but if you need to return something, well, just hope you don't if you ordered from scan.co.uk, and don't expect a new item every time either, this last item was already returned at least once as the box was cut open already."
"Easy ordering, quick service and delivery, friendly phone staff"
"Always great customer service, helpful and honest advice, and fast shipping."
"My computer did not have a valid producy key.Also the computer packed up within six months.The customer help by email was useless."
"Faulty cpu, mobo and RAM combo faulty and they won't give me a refund as I thought a old HD was the issue"
"Purchased three new Akasa Apache Black fans, received three dirty fans with scratched labels and one with a damaged connector. It was obvious they had been taken from an old system. When I rang to complain they admitted at least one had been a customer return placed back in stock. The fans were advertised as new retail models but of those sent one had a OEM label stating if removed warranty void. The other two had this label partly removed and as such came with no warranty. That a company would pass off used items as new is dishonest. To return the items they then asked me to take them to a drop off point which entailed a journey of ten miles."
"Excellent prices, quick delivery and brilliant customer service."
"Great price, quick delivery"
"received parcel 2nd hand products refused to replace sent back and said ive damaged kicked off a massive fuss and now refuse to sell replacements to me so have half a pc from scan and half from elsewhere absolutely useless and arrogant avoid at all costs go to overclockers.co.uk"
"I AM INTO COMPUTERS AND GAMING AND SCAN.CO.UK IS THE BEST I BUY EVERYTHING I NEED FROM THEM FROM THE SMALLEST PART TO A COMPLETE PC SYSTEM THEY WILL HAVE WHAT YOU NEED AT REALLY GREAT PRICES I HAVE LOOKED ALL OVER THE NET SCAN ARE THE BEST SIMPLE"
"Very competitive prices, reviews to help you make up your mind from other buyers also buying made very easy and great delivery prices and speed"
"Great value and excellent delivery service. I couldn't fault their customer line too! they had excellent communication to our questions. The variety to chose from was amazing and in all honesty I'm 99% sure they had every type of product on the market and in stock. Will use again!"
"Two faulty 1080ti's and I ask for a replacement for the second faulty one in two weeks. They accepted my RMA, but left out the part where they didn't actually have stock to replace my card. I am now being told it will likely take over a month to replace. Since the value of my card has risen by almost £100, I asked if I could pay the difference between my card and a similar card, and have the similar card as a replacement. The returns manager refused this and offered me the random gigabyte card they had in stock., which is far inferior and made by a far inferior company. I was offered no goodwill gestures and no proper resolution. The only options I was given was to wait 1-3 months, or to be refunded a portion of the card's value. Disgraceful. Just buy from overclockers, their customer service is far, far superior."
"Very poor RMA policies and overall bad customer service. Their site FAQ's say they aim to replace faulty items within 3 to 5 days. This is not the case. Returned a faulty card under warranty, was tested and found to be faulty by scan. They then informed me that it would take up to 28 days for the item to be processed by their supplier, before a replacement could be sent. Informed them that unfortunately this would be too long for me, (as it was needed for an application to finish a time sensitive job). I would be more than happy to have it replaced with an alternative or get a refund. I was informed by their very helpful customer service representative that the only choice I had was to wait. Very helpful! Buy if your happy to wait 28 days for a replacement with no other options, and don't trust any of the FAQ's"
"Fast free delivery. Very good prices and kept informed of the progress all the time. Will be using again."
Scan Computers is rated 2.73 based on 77 reviews