Negative Equity UK Reviews

of reviewers recommend Negative Equity UK
Read Negative Equity UK Reviews

Tell us how Negative Equity UK made you happy
Back in 2007 I purchased my first home, a two bedroom terraced house, for £225,000 just before the global financial crisis. Within a year of buying it, with a 90% interest only mortgage, its value had dropped to £90,000. At that point I was in a relationship with my now husband and wasn't immediately concerned as we were happy in the house and had no desire to move anytime soon. Fast forward 9 years and three children later and we had outgrown the house but felt that we were trapped there because of the huge amount of negative equity in the property. At this point in 2016 the property was worth £110,000. I had initially seen an advert in a local magazine for Negative Equity NI and was intrigued and a little skeptical as to how they managed to right off so much property debt for their customers. I contacted them and my husband and I had an initial meeting with Tom who outlined how the process worked and put us at ease. Following the meeting we took a while to think things over before contacting them again as it all just seemed too good to be true. A few months later we decided to go ahead with the £300 case review. Initially it looked as though I should proceed with an IVA. However part way though the process it was decided that a negotiated settlement was a better solution for me. It took a long time for me to decide whether to go down this route and I had all but decided to rent out the house when Tom spoke to me again and convinced me that a negotiated settlement was the way to go. At this point my family were also moving into a new home that suited our needs much better. It was a big weight off my mind to know that I could stop paying the mortgage by voluntarily surrendering the property to the mortgage company. I made my last payment in January 2018 and the house was sold in August 2018. The total debt owed was £98,000. At that time Heather looked after my case. Initially contact was good but there were periods of months where I received no updates and wondered if my case was ever going to be resolved. In the last parts of the negotiation John was appointed to look after my case and he really kept me up to date on a regular basis about what was happening. I'm pleased to say that my case was resolved in October 2019 for £20,000 which I am relieved about. At times the process seemed arduous but I'm so happy that I stuck with it and got a good result. I would highly recommend using this company to anyone who is in a similar predicament.
Everything was great at the start when I contacted them late 2017 but from here all stages seemed to drag out and take forever and my case which we thought and were advised would be done in approximately a year took almost two years to get resolved. At times last year in 2018 when the house was being disposed of it I felt like I was doing all the chasing after them, and found it hard to get to speak to my case manager who also wouldn’t even take my call!! However after waiting 9 months with nothing being resolved my negative equity from the house sale settled very quickly over the last few months and for even less than I had expected it to. It has made a massive difference to our lives in the end and they delivered exactly what they said they would although it took longer than expected. Many thanks to Tom for his help at the start and Mark and John at the end for being brilliant. SM
Myself and my wife requested a meeting with Negative Equity on the recommendation of a friend who like ourselves had an interest only mortgage that was going round in circles, but really going nowhere. We were pleased that Tom the business principal took such a genuine interest in our case, and in particular the counsel he offered us, as well as a route map for solving our financial problems and negative mortgage situation in particular. I seriously cannot recommend Fairfield Capital highly enough. Francis & Bridget, County Antrim.
I got in touch with CD Fairfield Capital initially to help with negative equity I had on a property I had purchased at the hight of the property boom. Like many others this was a bad purchase never going to get any better. Throughout the process it turned out that an IVA would be the best option. Mark was my point of contact who made things seem so simple.......and they actually were!! Excellent advice and communication along what was a very short process - I'm now financially far better off than I was 2 months ago, able to plan for the future. Cant recommend CD Fairfield Capital and Mark highly enough. Thanks
I spoke with Negative Equity UK a year ago having been in an Interest Only mortgage with my home. I had needed to move location for work & did not want to rent out my home as the thought of becoming a Landlord was not for me. One year on & my problem is fully resolved. Thanks to Tom & the case managers for taking the burden off my shoulders and giving me a fantastic result and clarity on how to move forward. Highly recommended!!
First class service. So happy. Two really bad mortgages dealt with. I had two rental properties causing major headaches... negative equity + interest only mortgages. I was losing money on both. Now they're gone and the guys got me a very fair deal to settle with both lenders. I'd put this off for years becuase I was worried about my other 5 properties. I needn't have worried, I've still got them and nothing else has changed for me other than getting rid of the problem debt. This took a while to sort out but I've calculated I'm about £65,000 better off overall.
A really great company. I didn't understand why the lender would take such a small settlement but it worked. Took 9 months. House sold £83,000, £47,500 of negative equity. Lender settled for £14,300 payable over 5 years. Great job. Should have done this 5 years ago.
AKA C. D. Fairfield Capital in Belfast. They have arranged an IVA which means once I pay about 14p on the pound, on all my unsecured debts and it will be finished. It is such a relief to get a new start and this debt nightmare behind me, and I recommend them wholeheartedly (also can help with negative equity etc.) to anyone in a similar position.
Delivered exactly as they promised. Only major issue was I had to keep chasing for updates constantly throughout the process they never were forthcoming with updates themselves and the case took longer to complete than I hoped at almost 2 years but that was due to situations beyond their control. Near the end of the case the gentleman who concluded it was excellent and such a fountain of knowledge and I am now debt free. Overall very happy with the outcome just would have preferred more contact during the process itself
I highly recommend this company. We were told exactly what would happen and there was guidance every step. Once the initial paperwork was completed we didn't need to do anything.
I found they gave a helpful service,helped keep stress levels down and understanding of our situation.would recommend them for people in hard financial situation with their homes.
Negative Equity NI were like a port in a storm when we were struggling with financial issues and our home was under threat. Special thanks to Heather and Leslie who negotiated on our behalf and achieved a compromise settlement that we could actually manage and which allowed us to keep the house. Above and beyond that, they took the bewilderment and fear out of the whole situation. They explained everything and took us step by step through what would have been a terrifying process otherwise. I am certain we would never have reached the settlement we did without their representation and advice. and I would highly recommend seeking their support if you are in a crisis and not sure where to turn. Their expertise, as well as their kindness and empathy, were very much appreciated. Thanks you.
would highly recommended Negative Equity as I was in an interest only mortgage and was getting nowhere as mortgage company didn’t really give me much feedback as what to do saw Negative Equity advertise in a local paper,so decided give it a go so I had an appointment with Natasha who was fantastic from start to finish she was fantastic explained every detail she did all the paper work I only really had to answer few questions on my 4 appointments.At the end of our appointments I left feeling secured and happy and sorted so highly recommend to anyone and Thankyou to Natasha for everything you did for me
We were in negative equity with our home and our mortgage company would do nothing to help.We got in touch with negative equity ni and made an appointment to see them.From the very start they could not have been more helpful .They laid out all our options and explained what they could do for us and the total cost.From the time we signed up the letters and phone calls we had been getting from our mortgage company stoped and this was a problem we no longer had.Although it has taken some time our problem is now sorted and we have had an agreement made with our mortgage company which will save us a great deal of money and finely give us peace of mind.This would have been a 5 star review except for the fact that during their move of premeces we were not kept informed of progress on our case.The staff are great and always helpful and we would recommend anyone in negative equity to seek their help as soon as possible. Christopher Wright (Mr)
In 2008 I purchased my own apartment with a help to buy scheme on an interest only mortgage, with a view to changing over to a repayment mortgage in the future. One year later I met my husband and step children and we found we had quickly outgrown the apartment. We had the property valued and were devasted to find that the property value had dropped dramatically and were unable to sell it. We decided to rent out the apartment so our family were more adequately housed, however this did not solve the problem of how we were going to re-pay the mortgage by which time the property price had dropped again. In 2017 I stumbled across an advert on the internet for Negative Equity UK and was intrigued to know how they could help us. We contacted them and made a decision to go ahead with this process. We were allocated a Case Manager, Natasha who was very thorough and attentive. She kept us informed and worked hard through out the process. We have now completed the process 19 months on and are happy to say that Negative Equity UK have managed to settle our case and write off £33,400 with a settlement figure of £5,400. Towards the end of this process our financial circumstances changed when my husband's hours were cut so finding out that our mortgage company had accepted a settlement payment was the best news possible. We can't thank Natasha and Heather enough for getting a positive result. We could not have done this alone by ourselves without professional advice and knowledge. We would definitely recommend this service to anyone else that was in our position, but please note that it can be very stressful at times.
We would have been lost without Natasha. She was very professional, courteous and respectful at all times, taking away any fears and doubts, she guided us through a difficult debt negotiation Natasha was our personal client officer and was always ready to assist, keeping us well updated with what was happening and what we had to do next. She made us feel so at ease we could not have had anyone better helping us get the great result we needed. Thank you to Natasha for everything you done for us and we would highly recommend this company.
Reference 1103230 We bought a house in Bangor for £150k in 2007 on a 100% interest only mortgage with my Dad as guarantor to increase the amount we could borrow. The property market then crashed and we were left in a significant amount of negative equity. A couple of years later, we moved to England and rented out the house so we could continue to pay the mortgage. As the rent from the house didn't cover the mortgage we had to pay extra each month. However it was clear the house prices weren't going to increase to anywhere near what we bought the house for, so we were paying money for a mortgage that was going nowhere. We were also stuck renting a house in England and couldn't see a way out. We came across Negative Equity NI through an internet search and from the outset they were reassuring and very professional. They gave us confidence that they had dealt with this type of situation before and that they could help us move on. We were really worried about the bank going after my Dad's assets but Negative Equity provided advice on this too. They were honest from the beginning about how long the process could take and this was accurate (2 years) but it was worth the wait. We did have to stop paying the mortgage and hand the keys back which has affected our credit rating, but the bank left us with no other option and at least we can now move on. When the house was sold, the negative equity was almost £90k. We paid a lump sum of £19k to settle the account and the rest of the debt was written off. The day Lesley rang to tell us this news was just amazing. It is such a relief to be out of the situation we were in and means we can move on with our lives. Thank you for everyone at the CD Fairfield team who helped us.
Purchased a new build in 2007 at height of market in Magheralin for 200k. Crash left us mortgage prisoners. Mortgage interest rate went from 1.5 to 5.99. payments through the roof for 8 years. A friend put us in touch with Negative Equity NI. We sold the house for 82k. Settled over 100k with the bank for 25k. Life is less stressful now and we appreciate the abundance of a debt free present. Thank you to Negative Equity NI. A real modern day miracle for people who were once distressed.
I can highly Recommend this company.From start to finish so helpful everything explained to us in an easy manner. Natasha was our advisor she was fantastic we are now stress free everything was straight forward and we want to Thankyou so much Natasha for all you did so big Thankyou from us.
Got us a fantastic outcome. Over £100,000 of negativity equity & unsecured debt settled for £27,000. Onwards & upwards.
Negative Equity UK is rated 4.89 based on 126 reviews