Litvinoff & Fawcett Reviews

of reviewers recommend Litvinoff & Fawcett
Telephone
Read Litvinoff & Fawcett Reviews

About Litvinoff & Fawcett:

Quality bed and mattress makers

jlitvinoff@inbox.com

9 Yorkton Street

Tell us how Litvinoff & Fawcett made you happy
I needed a good bed frame and mattress for the two years that I would be staying in London. The service and quality at L+F beats any trendy place with questionable sourcing and manufacturing. I Love my "Manhattan Style" bed frame so much that I'm taking it back to Manhattan with me when I go back home. :)
Thanks for the review.
It sounds as though the bed will have found it's true home.
I am so thrilled with my platform bed frame, it's beautifully made and takes up so little space in my bedroom. I found the company really friendly and easy to deal with and was amazed at the fast delivery service - and all for a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend this company.
Thank you for your recommendation.
Kind regards,
Julian
Personal and thoughtful advice from Julian Litvinoff. And a beautiful, traditionally-made, substantial mattress in natural materials. Just as I hoped. I'm delighted!
Thank you for your comments. It means a lot to the team working to make this possible.
Julian
I have owned Litvinoff & Fawcett beds and storage since 1983. They have survived 4 moves and are still going strong. My last more recent purchase was a platform bed. Highly recommend them.
Thank you for your support and continued custom.
Julian
Having bought my beds and mattresses from Litvinoff & Fawcett for the past 20 years, I recently upgraded to a Medium Pocket Sprung mattress, and I haven't been disappointed, It's an extremely comfortable mattress at a fraction of the cost of famous brands. A very personal service too, including super helpful delivery driver, Sean. There's some lovely wooden furniture and beds frames in the shop too.
Thanks for your continued custom.
We've recently purchased our second Litvinoff & Fawcett pocket spring mattress. It's once again been a pleasure to deal with Julian. Sean speedily delivered the mattress the next day. We want to buy things that last and go out of our way to support local businesses. The quality of Litvinoff & Fawcett mattresses by far outweighs anything for sale in the High Street. Litvinoff & Fawcett mattresses are handmade in their Hackney workshop using traditional, natural materials. Considering the price we paid, for such a top quality item, it's incredible value for money. We sleep in supreme comfort and so do our guests. I had a history of back issues before discovering Litvinoff & Fawcett. It might be a coincidence (but I think not), that I have had no back problems at all in the 11 years since we bought our first mattress. We'll continue recommending Litvinoff & Fawcett to all. It really can't be easy running a small business in the current climate. Well done, enormous thanks and wishing Julian, Sean and the team all the very best
Many thanks for your continued support.
I have had my platform bed and luxury open coil mattress for 6 months now and still have no complaints. The bed is still sturdy and the mattress is fabulous. Julian was helpful from start to finish with my order and the fact that he helped me choose the right mattress over the phone shows just how knowledgeable he is. I knew it was a risk buying a mattress without trying myself ( I was urged to visit the showroom) however for me it paid off as its perfect and just what I described I wanted. As he explained the coils have settled over the time we have been sleeping on it but it has not effected how comfortable it is. I would highly recommended this company for outstanding quality solid wooden beds and handmade mattresses. Its hard to find UK based companies like this and in my opinion they should be supported. If I ever need another bed/mattress I wouldn't go anywhere else however I don't think I will need to replace what I have now for a very long time!
Thank you for your comments.
Julian was very patient and supportive in helping me to make up my mind about which mattress to get. I love the fact that the mattresses are handmade in the UK out of natural fabrics. The lovely delivery man whose name I have forgotten was amazingly calm and helpful and all in all, I can't fault the whole process. The mattress itself is so comfortable and will no doubt outlive me! I have been recommending Litvinoff and Fawcett for years, ever since buying the first bed from them and will continue to do so in the future.
Everything about Litvinoff & Fawcett made me happy! I bought a mattress for my son & daughter-in-law a few years ago, L&F having been recommended but only recently, have I needed to buy a new one for myself. Everything about the buying/delivering was perfect. Sean took my order, Julian confirmed & Sean delivered it yesterday. Smooth as silk. I had the Best night's sleep I've had in ages. Very, very Happy to recommend them.
I phoned today and spoke to Julian .... I am replacing the first mattress I bought from Litvinoff and Fawcett in 1986 !, the new one arrives on Saturday. All 3 of our beds and mattresses are from them, 1 1986 vintage and 2 from 2003. All still looking lovely, simple, strong, stable design and construction. Good, clear communication and customer service, fair pricing for a quality product. Heartily recommend.
Wow! Thanks for your continued custom.
We would not buy anything else from Litvinoff & Fawcett (unless there is a response to this poor review). We bought a bed base and a mattress from them 30 years ago which lasted us well: so we purchased a replacement mattress eight years ago from them again. It wasn't at all at the same quality level and has deteriorated to the point of needing to be replaced. Firstly we tried to use their email from the website contact information. It didn't work. We wanted to point out that, on their website, the company say they operate a 10 year guarantee on materials and workmanship and this might mean they would listen more carefully to our dissatisfaction. So we phoned to ask for an alternative email. Speaking to the representative I decided to mention, rather than email, our sadness at the difference between our later and earlier purchases. He then spent some time saying that our experience could not be a function of poor quality; we had exceeded the nationally recommended 7 year mattress useage; their products were far superior to others being sold and our mattress must have been damaged in use or when moved ( not true). The phone call reinforced our decision not to buy from Litvinoff & Fawcett again. The representative made no reference to their guarantee. There was no goodwill offer of , say £50 off a new mattress bought from them – with a discussion of what might be the best replacement; or even the offer of simply inspecting the mattress. Any of these might have been a good customer service suggestion. Caveat Emptor – It seems Litvinoff & Fawcett presently don't care that much.
This reviewer bought a mattress from us 30 years ago and was complaining that a another one bought eight years ago was not as good.
Our manufacturing process and quality control has remained constant and they usually last far longer than the industry standard of seven years.
However there are many factors beyond our control which can affect the lifespan or suitability of a mattress. These may include the occupants' physical weight, medical condition, or how it has been kept.
After attempting to explain that no mattress remains in a permanently 'as new' condition, and not offering to compensate him, the customer terminated the call.
Our guarantee covers all identifiable faults relating to workmanship and components. I am afraid that unless we are provided with concrete evidence of this, those calling us shortly before the guarantee ends expecting or demanding compensation will receive the same firm but polite response.
Having searched all the main bed and mattress suppliers in London, I finally found a bed I really like - with beautiful oak headboard and good mattress - from Litvinoff & Fawcett. The bed, delivered yesterday, is sturdy, hand-made and original. The mattress, (pocket medium), handmade from natural materials. Beds and mattresses are made in the workshops nr to the Hackney Road shop. The service - from initial phone call, through extensive discussions in the store, to the delivery and assembly of bed and mattress just 5 days later. was exemplary. I'm so glad I found this company and thoroughly recommend. Thankyou Litvinoff & Fawcett
Thank you for your review. It will be passed on to all concerned.
Excellent quality matresses that last for ever (well over 20 years at least)
Lovely hand made beds so able to adapt if you want something slightly different. Mattress very comfortable and hard wearing. The last one I bought here lasted 16 years...
I have bought beds and mattresses from Litvinoff and Fawcett for thirty years and love them. Even though I live in Surrey these days - still the best, and best value. And such wonderful service. Highly recommended.
The Litvinoff mattresses are really comfortable and long lasting. We bought our first in the 1980's and it was great and it lasted 25 years, far longer that the guarantee. So great quality and great value. While we were in the shop we were served by Mr Litvinoff who is very knowledgeable and friendly. Once ordered it was delivery at the time agreed. I wouldn't buy from anywhere else.
Thank you for your recommendation.
Really good everything.
Thanks Harry. We love sending beds to France!
Love the design of the bed, it"s a real solid wood bed, and is sanded smooth on all edges. The mattresses are natural fibre and very comfortable. Plenty of storage underneath too, we had ours on slightly longer legs at minimal cost. I bought three beds, I love the very simple natural style. Delivery excellent.Thankyou
Thank you very much for your custom and review,
Julian
Strong and well made bed, I will always get my beds from them in the future
Thank you for your support.
We had a dream of having a huge huge bed in our new home. We built the base based on the size of the room, and came to you guys with the measurements and you made us the most incredible bespoke mattress. You spend a lot of time asleep so you may as well make it comfortable and fabulous!
Good thinking... and thank you for your review.
Litvinoff & Fawcett is rated 4.81 based on 132 reviews