Litvinoff & Fawcett Reviews

of reviewers recommend Litvinoff & Fawcett
Telephone
Read Litvinoff & Fawcett Reviews

About Litvinoff & Fawcett:

Quality bed and mattress makers

jlitvinoff@inbox.com

9 Yorkton Street

Tell us how Litvinoff & Fawcett made you happy
I left writing my review until I'd had a good chance to 'test' my L&F bed frame and mattress and it's been over 4 months now since I purchased... I live on a narrowboat and needed a bed frame that could be raised up for under-bed storage as well as not being over-sized, enabling room all round for access, and went for a Platform Bed raised by 20cm. This was absolutely perfect, easy to put together and fitted exactly in the space available with plenty of room underneath. It is very sturdy and approx 1 inch smaller than the mattress, meaning that there are no bits sticking out on which to crack your knee! I will admit to hesitating over the mattress (4' medium pocket sprung) as it was twice the price of a run-of-the-mill Dunlopillo or similar. However, I am super glad that I went for it! I have occasional back problems due to a ruptured disc in my lower back that nobbled me about 25 years ago. My previous mattress was doing nothing to help the situation and when I got my L&F mattress I was suffering some back pain and couldn't stand up for long periods. I am deliriously happy to report that 4 months of sleeping on my L&F mattress has seen my back pain disappear - completely! I can't pinpoint exactly when this happened - it was a gradual thing, but one day I suddenly realised that I was free from pain. And it can only be down to the mattress. It is, quite simply, the best mattress I have ever slept on and I love getting into bed and letting the day go. I exchanged emails and had a few phone conversations with Julian (who I think is the owner) and he was extremely helpful and friendly. I cannot recommend this fabulous family-run business enough and have already passed on their details to many family members and friends. Top hole!
Thanks for your comments. Its great to get such feedback.
We have been sleeping on a Litvinoff and Fawcett bed since October 1982. My father bought us the bed as a wedding present. Our bed and the marriage have both survived and at times I tend to think the latter is in part due to the durability and comfort of the former. During this time -a period of 33 years-we have moved house 3 times and we are now on our third L and V mattress. The mattress of course is the thing and we have always chosen from the orphapedic range which has helped ensure a good nights sleep and minimal back problems. We only wish we could take our bed with us when going on holiday due the curse of the inferior hotel bed.
What an unusual commendation. Thank you!
Excellent products. Have used Litvinoff & Fawcett mattresses for over 30 years. Although on first glance they may appear expensive they are of very high quality and extremely long lasting. Don't be mislead by the cheap, heavily discounted mattresses you see advertised on television. This is quality.
Thank you!
Great mattress with very fine workmanship and most importantly super value for money! Our mattress was delivered on time as committed.
Glad to be of service.
Quite simply the best mattresses. All handmade in the heart of East London by skilled craftsmen. Very comfortable with superb build quality that will last for decades - worth every penny. The same from a high-end designer showroom would cost you many times the amount.
We make them as well as we can, and buying direct from the maker saves plenty.
Very prompt service. The new mattress replaces our 25 year old Livinoff and Fawcett mattress. Moved up from a standard orthopaedic mattress to a delux one. New one not quite as firm at the edges, but that may be due to the increased depth. Also seems to be about 1.5 inches narrower than the old one, so some gapping a the side of the bed. However, very, very comfortable
Thanks for a great review. The difference in width is because the springs are now from Germany and are 90 cm and not exactly 3 feet. Hopefully it will spread a little though. Also, being a more deeply filled mattress means that you are further from the springs and the edges will feel a little softer. I am very glad you find it comfortable.
Julian
This is my third mattress from Litvinoff & Fawcett and i've been very happy with all of them. i bought my first back in 1988, which will give an idea of how many years useful service they give; i.e. it's 2015 now and i'm just buying my third. many thanks
Thanks Geoffrey for your feedback and continued custom.
We still make them the same way that we did way back then.
By hand with natural fillings.
Litvinoff & Fawcett is rated 4.81 based on 132 reviews