Litvinoff & Fawcett Reviews

of reviewers recommend Litvinoff & Fawcett
Telephone
Read Litvinoff & Fawcett Reviews

About Litvinoff & Fawcett:

Quality bed and mattress makers

jlitvinoff@inbox.com

9 Yorkton Street

Tell us how Litvinoff & Fawcett made you happy
The mattress is ridge-y and has to have a mattress topper. Previously had a L&F mattress which lasted 20 y and was great. Quality not what it was
Dear Alison,
I am sorry you were disappointed. Our methods have remained much the same for more than 20 years. You chose our budget mattresses, which whilst good, are designed more for spare rooms and occasional use. Perhaps your previous mattress was one of the more generously filled ones which are inevitably more costly.
Being guided by the L&F website and Julian from the company, I opted for the Luxury 'Medium' open coil mattress and space saver platform bed. I really like the bed frame. It has a nice hand made, artisan quality to it and looks great. However, I'm not such a fan of the mattress. There is no doubting that it is well made, but, it is not medium it is very firm. My parter commented that - "this mattress is so hard it could take on David Haye and win! We persevered with it for several weeks thinking we just needed time to get used to it. Over time I developed pain in my hip and lower back. At this point I contacted Julian just to make sure we had been sent the right mattress. His advice to me, and mine to you, is to call into the showroom and try out the mattresses as there is a marked difference between the tensions. I live in Manchester, so not so easy to pop in, but I will next time I'm in London as I'm still convinced I was sent the wrong mattress. Meanwhile, I purchased a mattress topper in the hope that it would help. It hasn't. I've had to give up on this mattress as my back couldn't take it anymore, and I've bought another one locally (having tried it in store first). You might argue that it's my own fault for buying a mattress online. In my defence, I bought it after reading the 5 star rave reviews on here and thought I was onto a winner. I also wanted to support a small business. Ultimately, I've been left feeling disappointed, not to mention out of pocket, hence the 2 star review.
Stewart, I am sorry you are not happy and feel that you have been wronged. If one orders a mattress without trying it, there is always a danger that it will not be what you were hoping for. The same mattress may be too soft for some, and the firmest may not be firm enough for others. We try to advise as best we can, but ultimately comfort is subjective. We have never claimed that our mattresses cure back pain, and sincerely believe that they will not be the cause of it either.
I am glad you approve of the bed base anyway
Best regards, Julian