Lifeline 24 Reviews

Rae Cunningham
Lifeline 24 5 star review on 4th December 2018
Raymond Street
More Photos & Videos
My father changed his mind about this alarm once I’d ordered it. I had been assured that there was a one month , no questions asked return policy but it had not been made clear to me that I would lose the £35 set up fee. The item was not taken out of the box nor set up on your system. I understand there will be some costs involved in returning equipment but feel this is too much and should have been more transparent.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I am sorry to hear that our setup fee was not better explained to you at the point of order.

When we receive our alarms there is a lot of work that goes into getting them ready to be sent out. This includes the preprogramming of the alarm and linking of the pendants, as well as the administration costs associated with beginning a new account with our care team. The one-off setup fee covers everything we do to the alarm before it is sent out and therefore is non-refundable.

Our refunds are processed on a case by case basis.

I hope this has provided further clarity. Again, I would like to apologise that this was not explained to you better at the point of order.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Lifeline24
In terms of the service my father when he used it absolutely brilliant! The people that were on the emergency phone line were quick, courteous and showed no annoyance when my father or the carers set it off accidently. However, when we were finished with the service when my father died we did not get a refund for most of the year that was still remaining as he paid annually. Lovely way ofmaking money through someone else's misery - go Lifeline 24
Dear Kathryn,

On behalf of the team here at Lifeline24 I am sorry to hear of your loss and hope you are doing well given the circumstances.

I am glad to hear we were able to help and provide a quality service.

We have a number of plans with varying lengths. We also offer a significant discount on our longer terms plans. Whichever plan you choose, all of our plans are actually paid in advance and while we do have a 30 day cooling off policy the plan is not refundable beyond this. We do offer a transfer to anybody else that may benefit from the remaining time.

All refund requests are reviewed on a case by case basis and on this occasion one was not due as per our policies.

We value your feedback and this has been passed on for review. If you need any help with anything or have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Lifeline24
Although it claims to be useful all round the house and even in the garden, my mother tells me that she cannot hear or be heard from her bedroom which is in the next room to the unit. Is there a volume control or some other way to increase the sound?
Dear Margaret,

Thank you for leaving us your review.

The alarm pendant has a range of 100metres from the base unit. This means that the alarm can be activated anywhere within the home and garden.

Whilst the system has a very loud inbuilt speaker and sensitive microphone, it will depend on the property where we can and cannot speak to your Mother. In the event that communication over the unit is unsuccessful, we will try to contact her on her home or mobile phone number, before calling through the list of contacts.

Regardless of whether we make contact with the Alarm User or not the activation will be treated as if it were an emergency, and followed up until we have verbal confirmation that the user is safe.

I can see you have since been in contact with our friendly Customer Service team who have been able to advise how to increase the volume on the unit.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Lifeline24.
I have not received any information from your Company yet!
Dear Jackie,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I am sorry to hear you have not received further communication from us.

I can see you have since been in contact with our Customer Service team and they have been able to assist you further.

Again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Lifeline24
I’m rather disappointed wth my wrist alarm. It has gone off twice accidentally. It’s then difficult to stop.
Secondly i have very thin skin and it has bruised my wrist. Third I thought I would be covered for a greater area.
If i fell out walking I’m not covered
Your comments would be appreciated
Dear Deirdre,

Thank you for leaving us your review and for bringing this matter to our attention.

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you have had with the Fall Detector and the bruising you have experienced.

A member of our Customer Service team will call you very shortly to ensure you are not left with an alarm which is not suitable for you.

Our Falls Detectors are designed for those who are unable to press their pendants, for example, for people prone to fainting or blackouts. This does mean that they are very sensitive to ensure they do go off when needed. If you do not fall under this category, the standard MyAmie Pendant can be more than suitable.

All of our alarms are designed for use within the home and have a range of 100metres. I am sorry to hear this was not better explained to you at the point of order.

Again I would like to apologise on behalf of Lifeline24 for any upset or inconvenience this has caused.

Should you have any further comments or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us. You can call on 0800 999 0400 or email us at info@lifeline24.co.uk.

Lifeline24
I ordered the Pendant version of the Fall detector but didnt realise it only detected hard falls. Mum has fallen several times and the alram has not has not activated. The Paramedics have advised that we need the wrist version.
Dear Anita,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback.

I am sorry to hear of that you have had problems with your Mother's Fall Detector.

A member of our customer service team has called in order to arrange a replacement wrist detector to be sent to you. However, they were unable to reach you.

We will try to be in contact again regarding this. In the meantime, please feel free to get in touch with our customer service centre on 0800 999 0400 or by emailing us at info@lifeline24.co.uk.

Lifeline24
Application process very muddly. We paid by debit card initially for 3 months. Then we were sent the new client form including direct form to complete. I phoned to ask if this was necessary as we had paid by debit card. I was assured that direct debit form was necessary so we completed it and returned it to you.. Then had emails from you to says direct debit had been accepted followed almost immediately to say direct debit had been cancelled. I had to phone you to check this twice. I have now been told that direct debit has NOT been cancelled but deferred to 25 March 2020. I asked why I had been sent an email saying that the direct debit was cancelled and was told that this was driven by computer software and could not be changed. Not really an adequate answer in my view. The email I received should have said that the direct debit payment had been deferred not cancelled. It would have saved me and your telephone staff a lot of bother. Hope this is helpful.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you have had during the set up of your account.

I have investigated this further with our accounts team. Unfortunately, it appears that due to an admin error, a secondary Direct Debit was started on your account. This was immediately deleted by our system - hence why you received the cancellation email. Your original Direct Debit remained set up and unchanged. However, it appears the team member you spoke to could only see your live Direct Debit.

Again I would like to apologise for any upset or inconvenience this has caused. Your feedback is very valuable to us as it will allow us to investigate why this may have happened to ensure it does not happen again.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you have any further queries or feedback.

Lifeline24
this was very informative page
Dear Margaret,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact with us should you have any queries or questions.

Lifeline24
The pendant was not suitable for my mother as she could not press the button. The adapter that was subsequently sent out which appeared to be a belt clip, while enabling her to press the button, was bulky, sharp edged and uncomfortable to wear. It also made the button press too easily and went off unintentionally. When I returned the items before the end of the first week I had to chase for a refund but a fee of £30 was retained for configuring the alarm even though it should have been obvious from the questionnaire that my mother would not be a suitable candidate as she had arthritic hands.
Dear Josephine,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that our alarm system did not meet your expectations.

We support many customers that suffer from weak or arthritic hands. The easy press adaptor we provide is designed to help clients with difficulty pressing the standard pendant and is to be worn around the neck.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, this will help us to improve our service for our future customers. I would also like to apologise on behalf of Lifeline24 for any upset or inconvenience this has caused.

If the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 999 0400.
A the system is'nt yet up and running or even tested its a bit early to give an opinion.
So far so good - a very rapid response and impressive hardware.
Am,however,disappointed with the wrist strap which is pretty poor and not in keeping with the quality of the rest of the equipment. Why cant it be more like a wristwatch strap without the loose end flapping about?
Good Morning Edward,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear of your positive experience with our response times and alarm equipment.

A member of our friendly customer service team will be in contact shortly to discuss the other wrist strap options we can provide.

Lifeline24
I ordered and paid for the fall detector with additional personal alarm. The fall detector arrived the next day without the personal alarm.

I set up personal details and didn't receive the confirmation email to advise it was ready to set up.

I had to call about both these matters to rectify them - advised it was OK to set up the alarm and personal alarm on it's way - still not received.
Dear Sylvia,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the delivery of your alarm. This is definitely not the service we aim to provide.

I have passed your feedback on to our management team so we can ensure this does not happen again.

I can see that you have since been in touch with our customer service team who have arranged a replacement pendant to be sent to you. This was sent out on the 2nd of December and should now be with you.

Again I would like to apologise for any upset this has caused. Please do not hesitate to get in contact should you have any further queries.

Lifeline24
Only one day after installing the Lifeline24 system, I received five fault alarms within 24 hours.

After being told by each of the Lifeline24 emergency call operators that my pendant has a low battery, I examined the pendant & noticed it was used and not new.

The fifth fault alarm occurred when the neck strap clasp holding the pendant came loose & the pendant fell into the toilet.

I had no fault alarms after the pendant took a bath in the toilet, as I did not wear it again & ordered a wrist alarm.
Dear Mr Love,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that the fall detector had a low battery when it reached you, this is certainly most unusual as all of our equipment is pre-programmed and tested before we send it out to our customers. I have passed this information on to our dispatch team to investigate further.

Having checked our system I can see that a replacement batter was sent out to you on next day delivery service as soon as the automated report had alerted us to the situation. As part of the safety precaution the equipment is set to detect low battery well in advance and the pendant would still operate fine for a long time from the original report making sure that in instances where a low battery is reported our customers are not left vulnerable unable to use the service.

I am glad to hear that you have received the replacement fall detector and are pleased with it.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 999 0400 and ask for myself.

Anny
Hi, Just become a new lifeline 24 customer.So far service good,but very disappointed being charged £35 for setup fee,for data and admin !,when other companies "set up" means that they come to your property and physically "set the system up"!!!!!
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I hope that you have now been able to set up your alarm using the easy to follow installation guide that arrived with it. If you do require any further guidance, please give our friendly Customer Services Team a call on 0800 999 0400. We have a team of Technical Experts on hand who would be happy to talk you through this process.

As well as the initial administration involved in setting up your account, our new customer set up fee also covers the cost of pre-programming of the equipment so that it can arrive with you as plug and play. In addition to this we do not charge any further administration fees for the lifetime of the account and you are able to make as many changes to the information we hold on file as you would like.

If there is anything further we can do to be of assistance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on 0800 999 0400.

Anna.
As an active 87 year old, I wanted an alarm that would work in my garden. The advertising literature says it is suitable but I have an old house with thick walls and it can't detect the pendant. I explained this to the LifeLine operator on the phone before I ordered it and he said that I could return it if it didn't work. I duly paid, found it didn't work and returned it. Over a month later and I am chasing LifeLine for my money back. They have prevaricated and now I am told that I will get a refund minus the £35 set up charge. That wasn't explained to me when I ordered it! Disappointed and annoyed with LifeLine.
Dear Ms Gibby,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that the alarm did not work outside of your property, however, in some cases such as yours, if the walls in the building are too thick they might prevent the signal being transmitted from the pendant outside of the property through to the alarm box.

I have looked further into the refund you have been issued and on this occasion as a gesture of goodwill I have arranged for the set up fee to be refunded to you, this will be processed shortly.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused and do hope this resolution is to your satisfaction. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Anny
I have been waiting for 1 week to be told to go ahead and test the alarm they said 24 - 48 hrs. I’m still waiting

Alex
Dear Mr Martin,

Thank you for submitting a review, your feedback is appreciated.

I have searched the order ID, however, this it seems to be incorrect.
To enable me to assist you further, please could you kindly provide correct order ID and will check this for you.

It is our company procedure that once your new customer form has been received the alarm would be ready to be tested within 24-48 and an email confirmation is always sent to acknowledge receipt and to advise our customers of this, please could you kindly check your email inbox for such correspondence?

Anny
Connected alarm for my mum, made contact with call centre but they didn’t have any details about her setup. Had sent in information Friday morning and setup and tested on Monday.
Operator telephone back 30 minutes later and set they had now setup her details. I said we will do another test call to check everything, but he said it was not necessary. How do we know they have been setup correctly?
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the first time experience you have had with your mother's alarm system.

As the alarm connected to our team when you initially tested, it sounds as though everything is setup correctly in regards to the equipment itself. Please do feel free to test the alarm whenever you wish, to put your mind at ease.

If there is anything else we can help you with at all, please don't hesitate to contact our customer service team on 0800 999 0400.

Lifeline24
Very disappointed with the set up. I took a lot of time and trouble to enter my aunt's details on line. When we first tested the alarm we were told no details were registered and it couldn't be used. Went home and called Lifeline24 and were told that the details were all there and they would check with the call centre to find out why they didn't have them. Phoned to test things yesterday and the call centre lady left us to deal with another call. Think we're set up now but who knows!.Joyce
Dear Mrs Cahill,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear of the initial experience you have had. I have arranged for a member of our customer service team to get in touch and ensure that you have managed to complete the testing steps.

If you would like to discuss anything in the meantime, please do get in touch on 0800 999 0400 and we will be more than happy to assist you.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Lifeline24
I had a bad experience with the testing of the equipment- the two women I spoke to were really unhelpful, verging on rude. I decided to cancel the subscription. On the positive side, the Lifeline customer services were great. I understand that the answering of the alarms is outsourced to another company.
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear of your experience when testing the equipment. I would like to reassure you that this is not the level of service that we aim to provide.

I can confirm that this occurrence has been looked into and is being raised directly with management.

We really appreciate your feedback so that we are able to address the issue that you faced. If you would like to discuss the matter further, please do get in touch with our customer service team on 0800 999 0400.

Anna
haven't been able to install it yet and I paid £35 for installation charges ??
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, though I'm sorry to hear that you have not yet been able to set up your alarm.

As our equipment has the latest plug-and-play technology, it does not require an engineer to come out to fit it and so installation is not something that we charge for. The one-off £35 fee covers the pre-programming of the equipment and all administration for the account. I apologise if this is not something that was made clear to you.

I have arranged for a member of our customer service team to give you a call this afternoon to answer any questions you may have, and they will be able to talk you through the set-up if you require any further assistance.

Please accept my apologies again for any confusion or inconvenience caused.

If there is anything else that we can do to help you at all please do let us know. Our Customer Service Team can be reached on 0800 999 0400.

Lifeline24 Team
excellent service when ordering, equipment arrived promptly and was easy to install, but when doing the testing, the last person we spoke to was very abrupt, sounded irritatered and bored and i got the impression she couldnt wait to put the phone down, which spoilt the whole experience which is why the star rating i chose was 'poor'.
Lifeline 24 is rated 4.78 based on 4,897 reviews