Lifeline 24 Reviews

Rae Cunningham
Lifeline 24 5 star review on 4th December 2018
Raymond Street
More Photos & Videos
I ordered an alarm for my terminally ill mother on 24th August. Still waiting for the alarm to arrive (30th September). Company said a new one was sent out for the first one that never arrived - 2 weeks later we are still waiting. Terrible service, and devastatingly disappointing experience, especially given the importance of their product.
Unfortunately at a time when we needed to be alerted to a fall my Mother-in-Law had following a stroke the alarm did not go off, which meant she was lying on the floor for over 17 hours. Cancelling the policy hasn’t worked either as 3 months after her death the money has been deducted from my account.
Dear Louise,
Thank you for your review.
On behalf of myself and everyone here at Lifeline24, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
We have launched an investigation and would ask for your patience while we gather details, our Customer Service Team has contacted you regarding this.
Generally speaking we cannot cancel an account until we receive any rented alarm equipment back.
If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us on 0800 999 0400.
Lifeline24
I do not understand hiw to connect up.
Dear Juliet,

Thank you for getting in contact today and for leaving us your feedback.

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with the set up of your alarm system.

The alarms we use are designed as 'plug and play' systems. Meaning that they simply need to be plugged into the phone line and a power source, the same way as an ordinary telephone.

However, we are mindful that some of our customers may need further assistance with the installation. Because of this our friendly Technical team are always on hand to answer any questions you may have.

To assist with your installation, please contact us on 0800 999 0400 or by emailing info@lifeline24.co.ukm, so we can organise a good time for our team to call to walk you through the setup.

For further information on setting up your alarm you can watch our informative video: https://www.lifeline24.co.uk/installing-your-lifeline-alarm.

Again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Should you have any further queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Dear Juliet,

Thank you for getting in contact today and for leaving us your feedback.

Again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Lifeline24
We were told next day delivery, we cancelled because it never arrived, this caused a massive problem because on day 4 I had a very bad fall, and no Lifeline24 so I’ve cancelled my order
Dear Marion,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback today.

I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have had with the delivery of your alarm system. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide.

All of our orders are sent out using 24hour tracked delivery. Unfortunately, due to current circumstances, some Royal Mail post has been delayed.

Again, I would like to apologise on behalf of Lifeline24 for any upset or inconvenience caused.

Should you wish to discuss this further, or have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Lifeline24
Please make sure you read the small print. Also make sure that your priority when a dearly loved Mother dies is that you cancel your direct debit with them rather than grieve.
We took out the policy on 30/04/19 and my Mom died on 27/03/20. On 30/03/20 Lifeline 24 took this year’s rental of £159. We have paid two years rental and used the equipment for less than a year. No wonder they asked if I knew anyone who’d use the equipment but they didn’t say why they were asking that question. Perhaps I wouldn’t have been so quick to send it back otherwise. Not impressed and customer service is far from helpful or understanding. But I doubt this will be published as it will be vetted
Dear Cheryl,

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you have had with the closure of your account. Your complaint has been escalated to a member of our senior team who will be in contact very shortly.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on 0800 999 0400 or by email at info@lifeline24.co.uk.

Lifeline24
I purchased the lifeline on behalf of my MIL. She is wearing the pendant & feels safer . At night she can take it off & use the buzzer on the set. It’s not been needed yet ... Hoeever , there be a time when she needs to press the pendant or alarm on the set box. Can’t really give an overall view as it’s not been tested . After research , this was cheaper than Age UK model & had better reviews .
To date we have been unable to set this up, we have been sent a new cable and are awaiting a new box. Not happy with the item so far. Will be requesting a refund if this does not work, Mrs Doggett has already had a further fall without this in place.
Dear Anne, Thank you for leaving us a review.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you have experienced with the installation - please rest assured we will do everything we can to get the alarm up and running.

As you mentioned a member of the team has been in contact and has arranged a replacement device to assist with troubleshooting and we will be monitoring the situation.

Please feel free to get in touch if you require any further assistance.

Lifeline24.
YOU TOOK A YEARS SUBSCRIPTION AND SAID YOU COULD NOT PAY ANY MONEY BACK YOU DID NOT TELL US THE NEXT YEAR WAS DUE JUST TOOK THE YEARS FEE MY FATHER IS 96 YEARS OLD AND DID NOT REALISE WHAT WAS GOING ON WE SAID WEE DID NOT MIND YOU TAKING SOMETHING FOR THE INCONVENIENCE BUT YOU SAID NO REFUNDS
Dear Gordon,

Thank you for your review and for bringing this to our attention. I am very sorry that the renewal payments were not made clearer to you.

I have investigated your complaint further, I can confirm that a Direct Debit had been started for your ongoing renewal payments. This cannot be started without the consent of the user as they must provide us with these details in order to start the payment. We do offer the option for the user to receive a reminder once per year. However, this is not the option you had opted for.

I am very sorry to hear that you had not planned for this payment to be taken and for any inconvenience this has caused.

We are able to offer a significant discount on our annual plans, however, we do need to take out the year in full in order to qualify for this discount. We do offer a quarterly payment option for those requiring a more flexible cancellation policy.

Due to the nature of your complaint, this has been escalated to our Senior team. All refunds are provided on a case by case basis.

Again, I would like to apologise for the problems you have experienced surrounding the closure of your account.

Should you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to get in contact. You can call on 0800 999 0400 or by emailing info@lifeline24.co.uk.

Lifeline24
I was actually very impressed with the quick service, receiving and setting up the system, hence the "star". I purchased a yearly contract for my mother, living on her own 3,000 miles from me. You can imagine my sense of relief that we had the system up and running quickly. Unfortunately my mother now has to reside permanently in an assisted care home; I emailed asking for a prorated refund for the balance of the year....about 8 months, as she will be under the care of carers 24/7. You can imaging my disappointment in Lifeline24's incredible lack of empathy stating within 10 minutes of my email that no refunds are given but wait, and I could give the system to a member of the family... basically a useless suggestion. So be on your guard, look into your magic ball and predict the future before you commit a pensioners pounds for the long term. It may cost a little more to do month to month, at least you will not be as disappointed as my mother.
Dear Robert,

Thank you for getting in contact today and for bringing this matter to our attention. It is certainly never our intention to come across as insensitive or unempathetic.

Our Annual Plan can be provided at a significant discount as we are able to take out the year in full. We offer a quarterly subscription for those who require a more flexible cancellation period.

However, due to the nature of the service, all refunds are processed on a case by case basis. Once our Returns team has scanned in the returned equipment, any requests will be investigated by the Refunds department.

Again, I would like to apologise for any upset or inconvenience this may have caused.

Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact our friendly Customer Service team on 0800 999 0400 or by emailing info@lifeline24.co.uk.

Lifeline24
Do not use this company. My mom passed away beginning of May and the pendant was left round her neck when she was taken to hospital she unfortunately passed away in the ambulance. After a couple of days I informed Lifeline 24 of the circumstances and the fact we had no pendant to return. They didn’t comment on this just informed me I needed to return equipment. No confirmation of return, however I had paid to track the return. Now after almost 2 months they decide I must pay for the pendant, but to add insult to injury my mom had only just paid for the following 12 months. but NO refund for remaining 10 months..
Totally no compassion, certainty not a caring company.
Dear Karen,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback today. On behalf of us all at Lifeline24 we are very sorry to hear of your loss and hope you are doing well at this difficult time.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the closure of your Mother's account.

Our usual policy is to charge for any lost equipment as it is provided on a rental basis. However, this is reviewed on a case by case basis.

I have investigated further and I can see you have recently contacted our Customer Service department and they have agreed not to charge for the lost equipment.

Again, I would like to apologise for any upset or inconvenience this has caused.

Lifeline24
As I am an 80 year year old,self isolating I was pressured by my family to purchase a Lifeline.Unfortunately I could not connect it myself and had to get help from my family.This machine does not appear to be compatible with my telephone and your help department sent a new part which still doesn't work .I have no alternative other than to return the machine and expect a full refund !!
Dear June,

Thank you for leaving a review.

Please accept our apologies for any issues you have had with the setup, rest assured we do cover our equipment with a full service guarantee and we will do everything we can to assist you.

As such I have arranged for a technical advisor to get in touch to troubleshoot and resolve this.

Warmest Regards,

Lifeline24
My father wears a fall pendant. Had his first fall and it was outside. He fell backwards having lost his balance, hit the back of his head and cut it. I had no idea. He called out to neighbours who were opposite and they cane and picked him up and placed on a chair on his patio. He then managed to ring me and I live locally. My husband went around and pushed the help button on the box in his house. First time needed and it didn’t work. I was due abroad so wouldn’t have been around if the current situation was different. Very disappointed and waiting for a new pendant to arrive today
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback today. I would like to apologise on behalf of us all at Lifeline24. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide.

I can see you have since been in contact with our Customer Service team who have sent out replacement equipment. They have also arranged for the return of the previous Fall Detector so we can start an investigation into how this could have happened.

Again, I would like to apologise that this has happened and for any distress caused.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact.
You can call us on 0800 999 0400 or email info@lifeline24.co.uk

Order placed 25/5/20 and still not arrived at 1.45pm 28/5/20
Dear Brenda,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I am sorry to hear of the delay with your delivery.

Whilst all of our post is sent using 24hour tracked delivery, unfortunately, due to current events, some areas are experiencing problems with receiving their post. This due to factors outside of our control.

I have investigated further and have been able to track your delivery. The tracking number shows your alarm equipment has now arrived.

Should you have any further queries, or have not received your delivery, please call our friendly Customer Service team on 0800 999 0400.

Lifeline24
Never pay this company by debit or credit card. I have paid a full years subscription of which about 2 months was used when mum went into a care home. No refund for the remaining months was given. They tried to charge me £49 for a lost pendant which went missing on an emergency hospital admission (would they re-use this anyway when someone has worn it?). When I refused to pay they have taken the payment by card anyway from an 84 year olds bank account with no authorisation. Disgusted.
Dear Julie,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback and for bringing this to our attention. I am very sorry to hear of your experience and for any upset or inconvenience, this has caused.

I have logged your complaint through our complaints process and this will be reviewed by our management team.

Again I would like to apologise on behalf of Lifeline24, as it is never our intention to upset our customers. A member of our customer service team will be in contact with you to discuss this further.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to get in contact should you have any further feedback or concerns.

Lifeline24
My dad paid upfront for a year’s subscription but died before even taking it out of the box. Because he pai upfront he was entitled to zero refund - had he taken it out on a monthly contract it could have been stopped with no more to pay. We tried to reach a compromise but Lifeline24 wouldn’t budge an inch. Totally no compassion and they expect you to send back the equipment as it’s only rented! Just pay monthly or not at all is my advice. A company with no compassion dealing with elderly people is not good.
Good Morning,

Thank you for leaving your feedback. On behalf of us all here at Lifeline24, I am very sorry to hear of your loss and hope you are doing well during this difficult time.

It is never our intention to upset our customers and I am very sorry to hear that you felt our response was not compassionate. All refunds are processed on a case by case basis.

I have investigated this further and I can see the account is still active. It appears that initially, the alarm was to be transferred to a friend so they could use the remaining time on your account.

Our friendly Customer Service Team have tried to call you to confirm how you would like to proceed but unfortunately, they have not been able to reach you.

Again I would like to apologise for any upset or inconvenience this has caused. Please do not hesitate to get in contact at your earliest convenience to discuss your account. You can email us at info@lifeline24.co.uk or call 0800 999 0400.

Lifeline24
My mother in law passed away on the day it was delivered, we notified you and returned the un opened box. Very dissapointed that you chose to return only £29.97 and not the £64.97, do you really have to stoop this low to earn a living?
Dear Nicholas,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. On behalf of us all here at Lifeline24, I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

Our standard procedure is to retain the £35.00 New Customer Fee. In order for an alarm to leave our premise we have already completed the administration on the account and the pre-programming of the alarm, the costs of which are covered by this Fee.

We do, however, look at each situation case by case.

Again, I am very sorry to hear of your loss and would like to apologise for any upset or inconvenience this may have caused.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact with our friendly customer service team on 0800 999 0400 or by emailing us at info@lifeline24.co.uk.

Lifeline24
I ordered this appliance to help my Mother, received it straight away although had not completed the online form completely, however this appliance did not work against the answerphone so we sent it back, not even getting it out the box, we have been charged £35 for a set up fee regardless. Not happy at all, so basically check that you are going to have this appliance regardless. There should be a notice to say that you have to pay a charge of £35 to order regardless.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback today. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the closure of your Mother's account.

I have looked into your case further and I can see that you have since been in contact with our customer service team. A full refund including the setup fee was processed in April.

Whilst it can take between 10-12 working days to appear in your bank account, the notes on the account reflect that you should now have received this payment.

If you have still yet to receive your refund please call our friendly customer team on 0800 999 0400 at your earliest convenience.

Lifeline24
Lifeline 24 doesn't mention that there is a £35 charge which is non-refundable even when the alarm is cancelled within the 30 day cooling off period. Live chat doesn't mention it and neither is it in the refund policy printed on the webpage. Shame on you Lifeline 24, especially considering the age of the people you are dealing with.
Good Morning,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that our joining fee was not made clearer for you. Our refunds are processed on a case by case basis.

The Set-up fee covers all of the hard work that goes into setting up a new alarm account. This includes the preprogramming of your box and all of the admin costs associated with opening a new account with our alarm response centre.

Again I would like to apologise for that our policy did not live up to your expectations. Your feedback has been passed on to management, following our complaints procedure, so we can make sure to provide a better service for future customers.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on 0800 999 0400 or info@lifeline24.co.uk should you have any further feedback or queries.

Lifeline24
Ordered this product a week ago today.
I was told it would arrive the next day.
After a second phone call this evening ,7 days later I was told they would speak to dispatch in the morning & get back to me!
Not impressed.
Dear Eric,

Thank you for getting in contact today. I am very sorry to hear of your poor experience regarding the delivery of your alarm unit.

Whilst all of our alarms are sent out using 24hour tracked delivery through Royal Mail. Unfortunately due to the recent circumstances, the Royal Mail has been delayed in certain areas. We are still doing our best to ensure our customers are receiving their orders promptly during these difficult times.

I can see that a member of our customer service team has since been in touch to provide you with the tracking number for your alarm. From further investigation, it appears that your alarm has now arrived.

Again I would like to apologize for the delay in the delivery of our alarm and that we not in contact with you sooner regarding this.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact should you have any further concerns or feedback.

Lifeline24
I still haven’t been told if my form has accepted.!
Dear Susan,

Thank you for getting in contact today.

I am very sorry to hear that you were not contacted in regards to the uploading of your new customer forms.

Our confirmation emails are sent automatically to the email provided on the form once these have been accepted by our Emergency Care Team's systems. I would recommend checking in your junk or spam folders.

Following your review, I have been in contact with our customer service team who have resent this email.

Your feedback will be reviewed by our team so we can look into why this confirmation was not sent to you.

Please get in touch should you have any further feedback or require any additional information regarding the forms or the set up of your alarm.

Lifeline 24 is rated 4.78 based on 5,061 reviews