Lifeline 24 Reviews

of reviewers recommend Lifeline 24
customer service

Tell us how Lifeline 24 made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
Would you like to tell us a bit more about why you decided to purchase a personal alarm? no
I still haven’t been told if my form has accepted.!
Dear Susan,

Thank you for getting in contact today.

I am very sorry to hear that you were not contacted in regards to the uploading of your new customer forms.

Our confirmation emails are sent automatically to the email provided on the form once these have been accepted by our Emergency Care Team's systems. I would recommend checking in your junk or spam folders.

Following your review, I have been in contact with our customer service team who have resent this email.

Your feedback will be reviewed by our team so we can look into why this confirmation was not sent to you.

Please get in touch should you have any further feedback or require any additional information regarding the forms or the set up of your alarm.

Lifeline24
Yes very grateful for lifeline now during this coronovirus problem.I am over 70 confined to my house andI live alone Many thanks Margaret
Dear Margaret,

Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am pleased to hear that the alarm is providing you with peace of mind whilst you are at home on your own.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact should you have any further feedback or questions.

Lifeline24
So disappointing 1 set of equipment faulty, replacement set faulty. Call handler was not a bit interested and have now chased 3 times over the past month and still awaiting the refund
Dear Anne,

Thank you for your feedback and for getting in touch today. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with our alarm equipment. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide.

I have been able to investigate this further and I can see that you have been in contact with our customer service team. A full refund has been processed however, this is now with the bank and can take up to 10 working days to appear in your account.

Again I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please do not hesitate to get in contact should you have any further feedback.

Lifeline24
I ordered this for my mother in law but have cancelled it as it does not have a facility for someone to go out to assist her if she falls which is very disappointing. Just a middle man to phone us if we were needed. Have now gone to an alternative provider who does that. Can’t see the point of this product
Dear Customer,

I am sorry to hear that our service proved to not be suitable for you and your Mother-in-law.

At Lifeline we have thousands of customers across the UK who are happy with the lifesaving service we provide; it seems it was a different type of service you required.

If there is anything we can assist you with please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0800 999 0400.

Lifeline24.
Placed order and came quickly, went through the set up and was easy to use, Dad accidentally activated the fall alarm and i received a call and went to check on him as he wasn’t answering the phone, as he was in the garden. So excellent response, i have recommended this service to my friends to look in to
Dear Carl,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I am pleased to hear of your experience with our response team.

Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact should you have any further feedback or queries.

Lifeline24
Check your bank statements! Don’t Pay Annually! I bought this service for my mum who has since sadly passed away. When looking around the market I contacted the company and asked was there any benefit of paying annually. I was advised it is slightly cheaper to pay annually so I went with this option. I asked could I cancel this account at any time and was advised yes. Sadly my mum passed away almost a year later. I called this company on the next working day while sorting out mum’s affairs and they advised that I should return the equipment and my account would be cancelled. The equipment was returned to them the next day in perfect order and in its original box. I contacted them to check that they had received the equipment back and to enquire about any refund due only to be advised that as the policy has renewed on 17.12.19 there was no refund due as I had an annual policy with no cancellation rights once renewed. I was not advised this on their “sales call” or I would have never took an annual policy with them. I would have took monthly and simply cancelled when I no longer needed it. I know there will be a lot of people in the same situation getting this product for sick and elderly relatives etc and sadly at some point you are going to need to cancel. BE AWARE! My policy with them wasn’t even due for renewal until 17.01.19 so they had advised me incorrectly of the renewal date and also collected the renewal fees nearly one month early. They claim this is their policy due to the nature of the service they provide? Who claims annual fees 1 month early? Imagine your car insurance doing that? Upon further investigation they also never gave the annual renewal discount they offer online (check your direct debits if you are a current customer as they will have done this to you too I imagine) and the renewal was at a higher cost than what they offer new customers. I have requested the terms and conditions that I agreed to as they changed their terms and conditions in October 2019 but never issued me a copy of this. I have also requested they tell me how I agreed to them as I did not tick any boxes when ordering on 17.01.19. They have basically collected the money nearly one month early as a renewal so If I did cancel they would claim it had renewed and no refund due even though the service is no longer provided. RIP OFF – DO NOT TRUST THEM. GO ELSEWHERE. The last thing you will want to do when dealing with the death of a loved one is find out you have been ripped off by a company set up in the name of “care”
Dear Mr Connolly,

Thank you for your feedback. On behalf of myself and all of us here at Lifeline24, we are very sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with yourself and your family at this most difficult time.

I have located your account and I can see your case has been resolved with our customer service team who have issued a refund.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, this will help us to improve our service for our future customers.

If the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 999 0400.

Lifeline24
Just to make people aware that if you pay yearly and ask to cancel you will be advised that you have to pay for the full year regardless. My mum's payment wasn't due until the end of this month however I was advised that the full 2020 payment had been taken out a month beforehand as they like to keep accounts in credit? So as I hadn't given a months notice before the payment came out my mum would have to pay for the full year! I had sent the monitor back via recorded delivery obviously at an additional cost. The advisor did refund just short of half of the cost but only after I'd challenged the refund policy.
Good Morning Alison,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that our refunds policy did not meet your expectations.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate your account. For further assistance please contact our friendly customer service team so we can further investigate the account.

Lifeline24
Like other customers I have had a problem when trying to cancel the contract which automatically renewed. I feel a renewal reminder should have been sent. I have placed a merchant block on this company through my credit card company.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you did not receive a renewal notice from us. Our policy is to always send reminders in advance before renewing a subscription.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate your account. For further assistance please contact our friendly customer service team so we can ensure that your reminders are being sent to the correct address.

Lifeline24
Although the system worked as it should, make sure you read small print and only pay monthly.In the event of death, unlike most insurances there is no refund for the balance if paid in advance. They will only transfer the unit to another person. When customer services were told my mother in law had died, they did not even did not even acknowledge the fact.
Good Afternoon,

I am sorry that our refund policy did not meet your expectations. Our refunds are processed on a case by case basis. Unfortunately I have been unable to locate your account. For further assistance please contact our friendly customer service team.

We are able to offer a discounted rate on our annual subscriptions but provide customers with the option to pay on a monthly plan should they require more flexibility. This is laid out clearly in our terms and conditions.

Lifeline24
Cancelled an annual plan more than a month in advance, as requested. Long story short, there are far better, far cheaper solutions which don't require strange (chargeable) calls being made every month "for testing purposes"... for which Lifeline blamed BT! To be clear, I accept the box needs to confirm it's working every month, but that requires a single call and a few packets of data... not 4/5 calls a day at 13p per minute. Lifeline called repeatedly throughout the next month asking for the equipment back. The contract expires on 04/01/20, so I'll return the alarm after. Today, another call. "If we don't get your equipment back before your contract expires, we'll debit the full amount off your card". I explained that's not how contracts work and told her they didn't have permission to debit the account again. "We have a card on file anyway, so it'll be taken from that. Oh, its expired... so we won't be taking anything further" I can't comment on the service itself, as we've thankfully never needed to use it. However, with alternatives which work everywhere (not just at home) costing less than half of this service (and it's a one-off payment, not a contract), I fear you're simply paying for someone to sit behind a phone *if* you ever need to push the button. Not a bad business model, thinking about it.
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to here the alarm did not meet your expectations.

The alarm works the similarly to a standard telephone, meaning that any calls made to and from the box appear on your phone bill. This will be the same regardless of the personal alarms provider as alarms must be tested regularly to comply with industry standards. We will never charge our customers to make emergency calls to us.

As the alarm is provided on a rental basis your account remains open until the equipment has been returned to us. Our team have been in contact with you to aid with the return of the alarm in order to fully close your account and to avoid any further charges. As per the terms of the contract you are responsible for paying the rental of the alarm until the unit is returned to us. Therefore until we receive our rented equipment back your contract is not cancelled.

Our alarms help thousands of customers nationwide to remain safe and independent within their home and have proved to be life saving for many people. I am sorry to hear that the alarm was not suitable for you.

I would like to apologise on behalf of Lifeline24. It is never our intention to inconvenience or upset our customers. Your review will be passed on to our management team and the team member you spoke with will receive further training.

I hope to have provided some clarification. However, please do not hesitate to get in contact should you have any further issues.

Lifeline24.
My Mother passed away last month without ever using the lifeline service she had had since 2017, and after speaking to lifeline we returned the equipment. When I enquired about refunding the rest of the years rental they insensitively said it was because we only have a 30 day cooling off period from the payment (Sept). Apparently this is in their terms and conditions, which we did not receive, and are not on their website. To get the most from this product you have to pass away at the end of your years contract. They have now offered to return the lifeline to me for the remainder of the contract, which apparently they should have offered when we first contacted them.
Good Afternoon,

I am sorry that our refund policy was not made more clear. Our refunds are processed on a case by case basis. I can see that you have since been in touch with our customer service team who are arranging for the account to be transferred to another user.

Good Afternoon,

I apologise that our returns policy was not made clearer for you. We review our refunds on a case by case basis.

If the meantime, if we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate us contact me on 0800 999 0400.

Lifeline24
Placed order Tuesday 19th to be delivered to my work address, it was delivered to my home address. Called them on the Wednesday to arrange the delivery to be to my work address again, attempted delivery at my home address. Still not received and now can't get through again. My mum is still at risk so will have to find another device which will hopefully arrive. Shocking service.
Dear Sally,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the delivery of your alarm. This is definitely not the service we aim to provide.

Your complaint has been reviewed by our management team and will be followed up to ensure this does not happen again.

I can see that you have spoken with our customer service team who have arranged for a replacement alarm to be sent out to the correct address. They have also provided a refund of our set-up fee to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Again I would like to apologise for any upset this has caused. Please do not hesitate to get in contact should you have any further queries.

Lifeline24
Signed up and went for the 12 month contract for my dad. 2 months after taking this out my dad died. I boxed up the unit and contacted Lifeline thinking I would be entitled to a refund for un used service. Not the case - they told me if I had paid monthly I could cancel but as I signed up for 12 months I wasn't entitled to a refund. This is disgusting and not acceptable. To add to this they had the cheek to write to us and asked for the unit back - no doubt to rip someone else off.....look elsewhere for a more considerate organisation.
Dear Mrs Ham,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with yourself and your family at this most difficult time.

It is certainly never our intention to upset or mislead our customers.

Unfortunately, I have not been unable to locate your Father's account. Due to the nature of the situation, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our friendly customer service team on 0800 999 0400 or send us an email to info@lifeline24.co.uk and we will do our best to resolve your complaint.

Again I would like to apologise for any upset caused during this difficult time.

Anny
Order went well, and renewal subscription was taken 3 months early. Telephone service very good when used. Full annual payment was taken and the equipment was returned in 30 days due to the user being in hospital with long term problems. No refund was given despite explaining the situation. The one star is given as it was wholly unreasonable not to refund at least some money as the equipment was not used. Do not reply to telephone calls as promised and also emails. Simply frustrating and unreasonable.
Dear A De Souza,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our alarm system. This is certainly not the service we aim to provide.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact with our friendly customer service team on 0800 999 0400 or send us an email to info@lifeline24.co.uk and we will do our best to resolve your complaint.

Anny
We've sent item back cancelled subscription has it's no good to use
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that the alarm was not suitable for you.

Looking into your account I can see that unfortunately, you were unable to use the alarm as you do not have a working phone line. Our alarms do require a phone line in order to make calls to our Alarm Response Centre.

For customers such as yourself without a phone line, we can arrange a GSM alarm, which works similarly to a mobile phone.

I am very sorry to hear that the alarm did not work for you. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact should you have any further queries or feedback.

Anny.
Would you like to tell us a bit more about why you decided to purchase a personal alarm? yes
It appears to me I have wasted £140 as the first time used you were less than useless. When contacted the only reply was phone 101. I new that already and did not need to pay out this sort of money for nothing.
Dear Anne,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with our alarm.

We have a duty of care to our customers and this is certainly not the service we aim to provide. I will ensure that this complaint is investigated thoroughly and further training is provided.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact with our friendly customer service team should you have any further queries.

Anny
Cable not working waiting for replacement( 4 days) still not here phoned and said new one will be here Friday Paying for something we can’t use
Dear Ms Smith,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that one of the cable you have received is causing interference on the line. Although this is by far not ideal, the alarm is still usable and can be activated should you have an emergency.

I have checked our records and can see that you have spoken with our emergency call handler who has requested for the replacement cable to be sent to you right away by post, we are sorry to have learnt that it had not reached you. Your daughter has been in touch with our customer services team and has advised us that the cable had not arrived, we have arranged for another set of cables to be sent out to you immediately, these should reach you by Friday at the very latest.

Please do accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

In the meantime, if you would like to discuss this or we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Anny
angry that I have been sent a bill for £200 for not returning equipment,,, yes I havnt sent it back as I have not been down to collect it.. I live at the other end of the country…..quick to take money when I got it for my father who passed away…. pity nobody at this company didn't even phone to check seeing as they hadn't heard from my father for quite a long time...…
Dear Ms Eiffert,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you are displeased with the service you have received.

I have checked details of your father's account on our system and can see that we were notified of the cancellation in January of this year and the annual subscription had expired at the end of January. We do provide our equipment on rental basis and it does need to be returned.

We have tried to contact you on multiple occasions to see if we could assist you with the return of the equipment. During your last correspondence with ourselves you advised us that the equipment would be sent back to us in May, however, to date we still have not received it. We have been trying to contact you throughout recent months too with no success and therefore had no other option but to treat this equipment as lost and therefore invoice you for the costs.

Please could you kindly return the equipment to ourselves at your earliest convenience, alternatively, if you no longer have the equipment, please do settle the outstanding bill.

If you wish to discuss this matter further or have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on our free number 0800 999 0400 and we would be happy to assist you further.

Kind Regards
I would award a minus star if possible, I am appalled by the treatment of this company. My Mother died on the 24th of June and since that date I have received 4 separate communications demanding return of equipment, two of these before the funeral formalities were over and despite living some distance from my Late Mum and being unable to collect equipment easily. In addition no offer of a refund was made, although a years service was paid for and barely a quarter of this received - the only company not to offer a refund. Also no response has been received to my complaint. I will certainly not be recommending this company, quite the opposite in fact.
Good Afternoon,

Due to the complex nature of the issues you have raised I have arranged for one of our customer care team to contact you directly to assist you further in this matter.

If the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0800 999 0400 and asking for myself directly.

Anny
I would award a minus star if possible. I am appalled by this companies treatment. My Mother died on the 24th of June and since that date I have received four communications beginning on the 28th of June, demanding return of equipment. 2 of these before the funeral and other formalities were over, and despite living some distance from my late Mother, and being unable to visit to collect equipment easily. Also having paid for 12 months service and receiving barely a quarter of this, I am shocked the company will not refund for the unused period and that there has been no reply to my complaint. Not happy, and neither would anyone else be in this situation, will certainly not be recommending, quite the opposite in fact.
Lifeline 24 is rated 4.79 based on 4,382 reviews