Lifeline 24 Reviews

of reviewers recommend Lifeline 24
customer service

Tell us how Lifeline 24 made you happy
Just to make people aware that if you pay yearly and ask to cancel you will be advised that you have to pay for the full year regardless. My mum's payment wasn't due until the end of this month however I was advised that the full 2020 payment had been taken out a month beforehand as they like to keep accounts in credit? So as I hadn't given a months notice before the payment came out my mum would have to pay for the full year! I had sent the monitor back via recorded delivery obviously at an additional cost. The advisor did refund just short of half of the cost but only after I'd challenged the refund policy.
Good Morning Alison,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that our refunds policy did not meet your expectations.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate your account. For further assistance please contact our friendly customer service team so we can further investigate the account.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, this will help us to improve our service for our future customers.

If the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 999 0400.

Lifeline24
Like other customers I have had a problem when trying to cancel the contract which automatically renewed. I feel a renewal reminder should have been sent. I have placed a merchant block on this company through my credit card company.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear you did not receive a renewal notice from us. Our policy is to always send reminders in advance before renewing a subscription.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate your account. For further assistance please contact our friendly customer service team so we can ensure that your reminders are being sent to the correct address.

Lifeline24
Although the system worked as it should, make sure you read small print and only pay monthly.In the event of death, unlike most insurances there is no refund for the balance if paid in advance. They will only transfer the unit to another person. When customer services were told my mother in law had died, they did not even did not even acknowledge the fact.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your feedback. On behalf of myself and all of us here at Lifeline24, we are very sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with yourself and your family at this most difficult time.

I am sorry that our refund policy did not meet your expectations. Our refunds are processed on a case by case basis. Unfortunately I have been unable to locate your account. For further assistance please contact our friendly customer service team.

We are able to offer a discounted rate on our annual subscriptions but provide customers with the option to pay on a monthly plan should they require more flexibility. This is laid out clearly in our terms and conditions.

Lifeline24
Cancelled an annual plan more than a month in advance, as requested. Long story short, there are far better, far cheaper solutions which don't require strange (chargeable) calls being made every month "for testing purposes"... for which Lifeline blamed BT! To be clear, I accept the box needs to confirm it's working every month, but that requires a single call and a few packets of data... not 4/5 calls a day at 13p per minute. Lifeline called repeatedly throughout the next month asking for the equipment back. The contract expires on 04/01/20, so I'll return the alarm after. Today, another call. "If we don't get your equipment back before your contract expires, we'll debit the full amount off your card". I explained that's not how contracts work and told her they didn't have permission to debit the account again. "We have a card on file anyway, so it'll be taken from that. Oh, its expired... so we won't be taking anything further" I can't comment on the service itself, as we've thankfully never needed to use it. However, with alternatives which work everywhere (not just at home) costing less than half of this service (and it's a one-off payment, not a contract), I fear you're simply paying for someone to sit behind a phone *if* you ever need to push the button. Not a bad business model, thinking about it.
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to here the alarm did not meet your expectations.

The alarm works the similarly to a standard telephone, meaning that any calls made to and from the box appear on your phone bill. This will be the same regardless of the personal alarms provider as alarms must be tested regularly to comply with industry standards. We will never charge our customers to make emergency calls to us.

As the alarm is provided on a rental basis your account remains open until the equipment has been returned to us. Our team have been in contact with you to aid with the return of the alarm in order to fully close your account and to avoid any further charges. As per the terms of the contract you are responsible for paying the rental of the alarm until the unit is returned to us. Therefore until we receive our rented equipment back your contract is not cancelled.

Our alarms help thousands of customers nationwide to remain safe and independent within their home and have proved to be life saving for many people. I am sorry to hear that the alarm was not suitable for you.

I would like to apologise on behalf of Lifeline24. It is never our intention to inconvenience or upset our customers. Your review will be passed on to our management team and the team member you spoke with will receive further training.

I hope to have provided some clarification. However, please do not hesitate to get in contact should you have any further issues.

Lifeline24.
My Mother passed away last month without ever using the lifeline service she had had since 2017, and after speaking to lifeline we returned the equipment. When I enquired about refunding the rest of the years rental they insensitively said it was because we only have a 30 day cooling off period from the payment (Sept). Apparently this is in their terms and conditions, which we did not receive, and are not on their website. To get the most from this product you have to pass away at the end of your years contract. They have now offered to return the lifeline to me for the remainder of the contract, which apparently they should have offered when we first contacted them.
Good Afternoon,

I am sorry that our refund policy was not made more clear. Our refunds are processed on a case by case basis. I can see that you have since been in touch with our customer service team who are arranging for the account to be transferred to another user.

Good Afternoon,

I apologise that our returns policy was not made clearer for you. We review our refunds on a case by case basis.

If the meantime, if we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate us contact me on 0800 999 0400.

Lifeline24
Placed order Tuesday 19th to be delivered to my work address, it was delivered to my home address. Called them on the Wednesday to arrange the delivery to be to my work address again, attempted delivery at my home address. Still not received and now can't get through again. My mum is still at risk so will have to find another device which will hopefully arrive. Shocking service.
Dear Sally,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the delivery of your alarm. This is definitely not the service we aim to provide.

Your complaint has been reviewed by our management team and will be followed up to ensure this does not happen again.

I can see that you have spoken with our customer service team who have arranged for a replacement alarm to be sent out to the correct address. They have also provided a refund of our set-up fee to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Again I would like to apologise for any upset this has caused. Please do not hesitate to get in contact should you have any further queries.

Lifeline24
Signed up and went for the 12 month contract for my dad. 2 months after taking this out my dad died. I boxed up the unit and contacted Lifeline thinking I would be entitled to a refund for un used service. Not the case - they told me if I had paid monthly I could cancel but as I signed up for 12 months I wasn't entitled to a refund. This is disgusting and not acceptable. To add to this they had the cheek to write to us and asked for the unit back - no doubt to rip someone else off.....look elsewhere for a more considerate organisation.
Dear Mrs Ham,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts are with yourself and your family at this most difficult time.

It is certainly never our intention to upset or mislead our customers.

Unfortunately, I have not been unable to locate your Father's account. Due to the nature of the situation, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our friendly customer service team on 0800 999 0400 or send us an email to info@lifeline24.co.uk and we will do our best to resolve your complaint.

Again I would like to apologise for any upset caused during this difficult time.

Anny
Order went well, and renewal subscription was taken 3 months early. Telephone service very good when used. Full annual payment was taken and the equipment was returned in 30 days due to the user being in hospital with long term problems. No refund was given despite explaining the situation. The one star is given as it was wholly unreasonable not to refund at least some money as the equipment was not used. Do not reply to telephone calls as promised and also emails. Simply frustrating and unreasonable.
Dear A De Souza,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our alarm system. This is certainly not the service we aim to provide.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact with our friendly customer service team on 0800 999 0400 or send us an email to info@lifeline24.co.uk and we will do our best to resolve your complaint.

Anny
We've sent item back cancelled subscription has it's no good to use
Dear Mike,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that the alarm was not suitable for you.

Looking into your account I can see that unfortunately, you were unable to use the alarm as you do not have a working phone line. Our alarms do require a phone line in order to make calls to our Alarm Response Centre.

For customers such as yourself without a phone line, we can arrange a GSM alarm, which works similarly to a mobile phone.

I am very sorry to hear that the alarm did not work for you. I apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact should you have any further queries or feedback.

Anny.
Would you like to tell us a bit more about why you decided to purchase a personal alarm? yes
It appears to me I have wasted £140 as the first time used you were less than useless. When contacted the only reply was phone 101. I new that already and did not need to pay out this sort of money for nothing.
Dear Anne,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with our alarm.

We have a duty of care to our customers and this is certainly not the service we aim to provide. I will ensure that this complaint is investigated thoroughly and further training is provided.

Please do not hesitate to get in contact with our friendly customer service team should you have any further queries.

Anny
Cable not working waiting for replacement( 4 days) still not here phoned and said new one will be here Friday Paying for something we can’t use
Dear Ms Smith,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that one of the cable you have received is causing interference on the line. Although this is by far not ideal, the alarm is still usable and can be activated should you have an emergency.

I have checked our records and can see that you have spoken with our emergency call handler who has requested for the replacement cable to be sent to you right away by post, we are sorry to have learnt that it had not reached you. Your daughter has been in touch with our customer services team and has advised us that the cable had not arrived, we have arranged for another set of cables to be sent out to you immediately, these should reach you by Friday at the very latest.

Please do accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

In the meantime, if you would like to discuss this or we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Anny
angry that I have been sent a bill for £200 for not returning equipment,,, yes I havnt sent it back as I have not been down to collect it.. I live at the other end of the country…..quick to take money when I got it for my father who passed away…. pity nobody at this company didn't even phone to check seeing as they hadn't heard from my father for quite a long time...…
Dear Ms Eiffert,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you are displeased with the service you have received.

I have checked details of your father's account on our system and can see that we were notified of the cancellation in January of this year and the annual subscription had expired at the end of January. We do provide our equipment on rental basis and it does need to be returned.

We have tried to contact you on multiple occasions to see if we could assist you with the return of the equipment. During your last correspondence with ourselves you advised us that the equipment would be sent back to us in May, however, to date we still have not received it. We have been trying to contact you throughout recent months too with no success and therefore had no other option but to treat this equipment as lost and therefore invoice you for the costs.

Please could you kindly return the equipment to ourselves at your earliest convenience, alternatively, if you no longer have the equipment, please do settle the outstanding bill.

If you wish to discuss this matter further or have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on our free number 0800 999 0400 and we would be happy to assist you further.

Kind Regards
I would award a minus star if possible, I am appalled by the treatment of this company. My Mother died on the 24th of June and since that date I have received 4 separate communications demanding return of equipment, two of these before the funeral formalities were over and despite living some distance from my Late Mum and being unable to collect equipment easily. In addition no offer of a refund was made, although a years service was paid for and barely a quarter of this received - the only company not to offer a refund. Also no response has been received to my complaint. I will certainly not be recommending this company, quite the opposite in fact.
Good Afternoon,

Due to the complex nature of the issues you have raised I have arranged for one of our customer care team to contact you directly to assist you further in this matter.

If the meantime, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on 0800 999 0400 and asking for myself directly.

Anny
I would award a minus star if possible. I am appalled by this companies treatment. My Mother died on the 24th of June and since that date I have received four communications beginning on the 28th of June, demanding return of equipment. 2 of these before the funeral and other formalities were over, and despite living some distance from my late Mother, and being unable to visit to collect equipment easily. Also having paid for 12 months service and receiving barely a quarter of this, I am shocked the company will not refund for the unused period and that there has been no reply to my complaint. Not happy, and neither would anyone else be in this situation, will certainly not be recommending, quite the opposite in fact.
Would you like to tell us a bit more about why you decided to purchase a personal alarm? no
The machine was obviously second hand so consumers please be aware these are preused machines. Difficult to set up in that the pictures did not match the wires. There were four entry points on the back of the machine for two connectors. The machine had a repetitive robotic voice staing "Machine is not connected". This continued over and over. Also, even though we did not actually set the machine up before returning it we were charged the set up fee ( non refundable). This set up may suit some people but how elderly people manage to do it themselves, I don't know. We've decided to let my elderly mother carry her hands free phone around with her in her tabard pocket, then if anything untoward happens she can just press the programmed 1,2 etc to connect with various family members. More convenient plus no robotic voice to contend with.
Dear Emma,

Thank you for submitting a review, your feedback is very much appreciated.

We provide new equipment to all of our customers and should any of the sent equipment arrive transit damaged we would happily issue a replacement.

On a very rare occasion set up of our equipment would vary from the instructions provided due to the complex telephone set up at the customer's home. I am sorry to hear that you found setting up of the equipment difficult and took the decisions to return it for a refund. Due to these circumstances we have arranged for the set up fee to be refunded to you, please allow a few working days for the funds to reach your account.

If you would like to discuss this further or we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Anny
I can't comment on the alarm system as I haven't been able to sort that out yet. My review is about the keysafe I bought with it which a handyman recently fitted for me. Two main problems with it. 1. If you have weak or damaged hands or fingers, you can't access your own key or change the code. Even the handyman found it stiff and difficult to use. Completely unusable by me. I had hoped I could use it to get back in if I lock myself out. No chance! My spare key is stuck in it. 2. The rubber cover doesn't attach to anything and blows off as soon as the weather gets windy (and it's not even winter!). I've had to give up on hoping it will stay put and just flung it to the back of a drawer with other clutter. The keysafe is completely unfit for purpose. I really need what this system is supposed to be, but it was all a complete waste of money. I can't see me ever getting use out of it.
Good Morning,

Thank you for your feedback, this has been passed on to the manufacturer.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the keysafe you have purchased.

We offer a wide range of keysafes to our customers as these are extremely useful should emergency services need to gain access to your property and would prevent them having to force entry. It also saves valuable time in case of an emergency and I can assure you that this particular model is extremely popular.

The keysafe is designed to be robust to ensure maximum security, however, if you are not entirely satisfied with this option you can upgrade to an alternative model which might be more suitable for your needs.

If you wish to discuss the options available to you or have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Anny
They are very quick to take your money, but have let us down on two counts. First, after my Father passed away, we received a phone bill and found that he had been falling and activating this service multiple times a day in his last few weeks and no one had notified us or his Carers. Secondly, we notified them of his death and never heard back, Finally after chasing they asked us to return the equipment, which we did. Again, no acknowledgement and no apparently no refund of unused annual fee. NO other service we cancelled after my Father's death refused a refund of unused portion. This service needs to improve.

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you are displeased with the service you have received.

I have looked into the matter you have raised and can confirm that the alarm was activated and used frequently and that our care team have followed our protocol each and every time the alarm was activated, I can arrange for the activation log to be emailed to you for further reference.

With regard to the cancellation of the service, I have arranged for a refund to be issued to you for the full unused months remaining on the plan.

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anny
Very good until you have a line fault and and openreach's can not attend for five days as they dont do weekends
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for submitting a review.

I am sorry to see that you are unhappy with the service.

Unfortunately, we are not associated in any way with your telephone service provider and would not be able to speed their process up.
The alarm you have chosen does require a working telephone line, however, we do offer an alarm that works independently of your telephone line, should you be interested in this option please do contact our customer service team who would be happy to assist you further.

Anny
I invested in a lifeline for my father in law last month, I spoke to a girl called Eleanor during the testing process. Although she was friendly we couldn’t help but think we were spoken to as you would a child. We were also encouraged to send in our information forms promptly which we did. However on testing these had not been loaded to the database and I was asked twice during this process if I had sent them back. A suggestion could be that information is uploaded in a swift manner, as if there was an emergency on our end how would we have recieved help if lifeline24 did not know who they were talking to.
Dear Jarrod,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry to hear that you are displeased with the service you have received, this certainly is not what we would expect to hear at all. We pride ourselves on providing the very best service to each and every one of our customers. Please accept our apologies for not having meet these standards on this occasion.

Could you please provide us with a reference number for your father-in-law’s Lifeline24 account so that we can investigate this matter further and ensure this does not happen again?

Once again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anny
My Father has Life Alert with Fall detection. He was down on the ground for over 3 hrs yesterday and no Ambulance came and no one noticed until his care giver arrived and activated 999. My father said he was pushing the button and nothing happened. Not much reassurance here? He is in hospital now and not doing so well. No peace of mind. Second issue in 1 month.
Good Morning,

Thank you for submitting your review, your feedback is extremely important to us.

We hope that your father is recovering well.

We are extremely sorry to hear about the issues your father had experienced with the alarm, this certainly is not what we would expect to hear at all. We would like to investigate this matter further, could you please kindly provide us with a user ID?

In the meantime, if you wish to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team.

Lifeline 24 is rated 4.80 based on 3,973 reviews