Lifeline 24 Reviews

Lifeline 24 5 star review on 15th August 2019
Robert Hall
Lifeline 24 5 star review on 10th July 2019
Shirley Puckett
Everything worked fine whilst my mum had the system however.
When she passed away they wanted all the equipment returning including the pendent. She was wearing this when taken into hospital and unfortunately passed away whilst there. We never received the pendent back from the hospital and thought nothing of it. Now lifeline24 are demanding it to be returned or we shall be charged £49 for it. Currently getting no help from their customer service and zero sympathy. All they did was offer to lower the charge to £20. Remember when saying goodbye to your loved ones to take the pendent back off of them. Unfortunately I never got a chance to say goodbye to my mum. Words cannot describe what I feel towards Lifeline24.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for getting in touch and for bringing this situation to our attention. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide. On behalf of us all at Lifeline24 I am very sorry to hear of your loss and hope you are doing well at this difficult time.

I have escalated your case to our Senior team and they will be in contact very shortly to help resolve your complaint.

I would like to apologise for any upset or inconvenience this has caused. Should you have any further concerns please call our friendly Customer Service team on 0800 999 0400 or info@lifeline24.co.uk.

Lifeline24
I have returned it dont need it at this time please refund my money thankyou,margaret hunter
Dear Margaret,

Thank you for getting in contact today. I hope this response reaches you well.

I have located your account and unfortunately, we have not received your alarm equipment, nor have you started a cancellation on the account.

Due to the life-saving nature of the system, we require verbal confirmation in order to close your account. Please contact us at your earliest convenience on 0800 999 0400.

Thank you for your use of our service. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Lifeline24
Purchased system for my mother who had recently suffered a stroke .Alarm arrived by post promptly but we were unable to be connect due it being incompatible with phone line which is connected via internet router.Called customer service to report issue to be told that they would send out the part to connect with router.Waited a full week and called again to be told they would resend which took an additional week .Part arrived after second week but was incorrect.Cancelled the service and returned the alarm only to receive a 27% refund on a €169 purchase in less than three weeks of constant disappointment and frustration.
Dear Patrick,

Thank you for getting in contact today. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you have experienced with the closure of your account. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide.

I have escalated your complaint to our accounts team, they have confirmed a full refund will be processed.

Again, I would like to apologise for any upset or inconvenience this may have caused.

Should you have any further feedback or concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Lifeline24
Ordered Weds11th Nov. Not yet received.
Details on line incorrect. (Billing address). Tried to change over phone. Was told they would be. Were not.
Dear Kim,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I apologise for the delays you have experienced with the delivery of your alarm.

Unfortunately, due to the current climate, we are relying on Royal Mail. In certain areas, there may be delays in receiving the post.

I can see you have since been in contact with our friendly Customer Service team and that you have received the unit.

Again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Haven’t received it yet
Dear Jacquline,

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear of any delays you may have experienced on your delivery.

I can see a member of our friendly Customer Service team has recently called you to confirm that you have now received the system.

Again, I would like to apologise for any delays caused by the current climate.

Should you have any further queries, or feedback, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Lifeline24
I am an elderly lady and I haven't been able to set up my detector.
I need help otherwisexI will return it and ask fir a refund.
I phoned on the 10th Nov and was promised a white lead wire( which wasn't included in the package) also promised papers to fill in with all my details,and told I would receive them today 11th Niv.
I await your comments.
Dear Rosemary,
Thankyou for taking the time to leave a review.
I apologise for the issues you have encountered.
We do offer a self-install system that is very simple to set up, unfortunately we are not able to arrange an installation at the moment due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
A member of our Technical Support team has been in contact to assist with the installation and dispatched replacement items as necessary.
If there is anything further we can help you with, please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0800 999 0400.
The system failed to work at all. Very disappointing
Dear Jo,

Thank you for getting in contact.

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you experienced with the set up of your system.

Having looked into the account I can see our friendly Customer Service team did offer to send you a replacement unit but this was not suitable and a refund has been processed.

Again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Should any further feedback or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Lifeline24
I ordered an alarm for my terminally ill mother on 24th August. Still waiting for the alarm to arrive (30th September). Company said a new one was sent out for the first one that never arrived - 2 weeks later we are still waiting. Terrible service, and devastatingly disappointing experience, especially given the importance of their product.
Good Morning,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you have had with the delivery of your equipment, this is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide.

I can see that you have since been in contact with our friendly Customer Service team who have organised a replacement unit. As a goodwill gesture, 2 months of free service have also been added to the account.

Again I would like to apologise for any upset or inconvenience this may have caused.

Should you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Lifeline24
Unfortunately at a time when we needed to be alerted to a fall my Mother-in-Law had following a stroke the alarm did not go off, which meant she was lying on the floor for over 17 hours. Cancelling the policy hasn’t worked either as 3 months after her death the money has been deducted from my account.
Dear Louise,
Thank you for your review.
On behalf of myself and everyone here at Lifeline24, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
We have launched an investigation and would ask for your patience while we gather details, our Customer Service Team has contacted you regarding this.
Generally speaking we cannot cancel an account until we receive any rented alarm equipment back.
If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us on 0800 999 0400.
Lifeline24
I do not understand hiw to connect up.
Dear Juliet,

Thank you for getting in contact today and for leaving us your feedback.

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing with the set up of your alarm system.

The alarms we use are designed as 'plug and play' systems. Meaning that they simply need to be plugged into the phone line and a power source, the same way as an ordinary telephone.

However, we are mindful that some of our customers may need further assistance with the installation. Because of this our friendly Technical team are always on hand to answer any questions you may have.

To assist with your installation, please contact us on 0800 999 0400 or by emailing info@lifeline24.co.ukm, so we can organise a good time for our team to call to walk you through the setup.

For further information on setting up your alarm you can watch our informative video: https://www.lifeline24.co.uk/installing-your-lifeline-alarm.

Again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Should you have any further queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Dear Juliet,

Thank you for getting in contact today and for leaving us your feedback.

Again, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Lifeline24
We were told next day delivery, we cancelled because it never arrived, this caused a massive problem because on day 4 I had a very bad fall, and no Lifeline24 so I’ve cancelled my order
Dear Marion,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback today.

I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have had with the delivery of your alarm system. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide.

All of our orders are sent out using 24hour tracked delivery. Unfortunately, due to current circumstances, some Royal Mail post has been delayed.

Again, I would like to apologise on behalf of Lifeline24 for any upset or inconvenience caused.

Should you wish to discuss this further, or have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to get in contact.

Lifeline24
Please make sure you read the small print. Also make sure that your priority when a dearly loved Mother dies is that you cancel your direct debit with them rather than grieve.
We took out the policy on 30/04/19 and my Mom died on 27/03/20. On 30/03/20 Lifeline 24 took this year’s rental of £159. We have paid two years rental and used the equipment for less than a year. No wonder they asked if I knew anyone who’d use the equipment but they didn’t say why they were asking that question. Perhaps I wouldn’t have been so quick to send it back otherwise. Not impressed and customer service is far from helpful or understanding. But I doubt this will be published as it will be vetted
Dear Cheryl,

I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you have had with the closure of your account. Your complaint has been escalated to a member of our senior team who will be in contact very shortly.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on 0800 999 0400 or by email at info@lifeline24.co.uk.

Lifeline24
I purchased the lifeline on behalf of my MIL. She is wearing the pendant & feels safer . At night she can take it off & use the buzzer on the set. It’s not been needed yet ... Hoeever , there be a time when she needs to press the pendant or alarm on the set box. Can’t really give an overall view as it’s not been tested . After research , this was cheaper than Age UK model & had better reviews .
To date we have been unable to set this up, we have been sent a new cable and are awaiting a new box. Not happy with the item so far. Will be requesting a refund if this does not work, Mrs Doggett has already had a further fall without this in place.
Dear Anne, Thank you for leaving us a review.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you have experienced with the installation - please rest assured we will do everything we can to get the alarm up and running.

As you mentioned a member of the team has been in contact and has arranged a replacement device to assist with troubleshooting and we will be monitoring the situation.

Please feel free to get in touch if you require any further assistance.

Lifeline24.
YOU TOOK A YEARS SUBSCRIPTION AND SAID YOU COULD NOT PAY ANY MONEY BACK YOU DID NOT TELL US THE NEXT YEAR WAS DUE JUST TOOK THE YEARS FEE MY FATHER IS 96 YEARS OLD AND DID NOT REALISE WHAT WAS GOING ON WE SAID WEE DID NOT MIND YOU TAKING SOMETHING FOR THE INCONVENIENCE BUT YOU SAID NO REFUNDS
Dear Gordon,

Thank you for your review and for bringing this to our attention. I am very sorry that the renewal payments were not made clearer to you.

I have investigated your complaint further, I can confirm that a Direct Debit had been started for your ongoing renewal payments. This cannot be started without the consent of the user as they must provide us with these details in order to start the payment. We do offer the option for the user to receive a reminder once per year. However, this is not the option you had opted for.

I am very sorry to hear that you had not planned for this payment to be taken and for any inconvenience this has caused.

We are able to offer a significant discount on our annual plans, however, we do need to take out the year in full in order to qualify for this discount. We do offer a quarterly payment option for those requiring a more flexible cancellation policy.

Due to the nature of your complaint, this has been escalated to our Senior team. All refunds are provided on a case by case basis.

Again, I would like to apologise for the problems you have experienced surrounding the closure of your account.

Should you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to get in contact. You can call on 0800 999 0400 or by emailing info@lifeline24.co.uk.

Lifeline24
I was actually very impressed with the quick service, receiving and setting up the system, hence the "star". I purchased a yearly contract for my mother, living on her own 3,000 miles from me. You can imagine my sense of relief that we had the system up and running quickly. Unfortunately my mother now has to reside permanently in an assisted care home; I emailed asking for a prorated refund for the balance of the year....about 8 months, as she will be under the care of carers 24/7. You can imaging my disappointment in Lifeline24's incredible lack of empathy stating within 10 minutes of my email that no refunds are given but wait, and I could give the system to a member of the family... basically a useless suggestion. So be on your guard, look into your magic ball and predict the future before you commit a pensioners pounds for the long term. It may cost a little more to do month to month, at least you will not be as disappointed as my mother.
Dear Robert,

Thank you for getting in contact today and for bringing this matter to our attention. It is certainly never our intention to come across as insensitive or unempathetic.

Our Annual Plan can be provided at a significant discount as we are able to take out the year in full. We offer a quarterly subscription for those who require a more flexible cancellation period.

However, due to the nature of the service, all refunds are processed on a case by case basis. Once our Returns team has scanned in the returned equipment, any requests will be investigated by the Refunds department.

Should you wish to discuss this further, please contact our friendly Customer Service team on 0800 999 0400 or by emailing info@lifeline24.co.uk.

Lifeline24
Do not use this company. My mom passed away beginning of May and the pendant was left round her neck when she was taken to hospital she unfortunately passed away in the ambulance. After a couple of days I informed Lifeline 24 of the circumstances and the fact we had no pendant to return. They didn’t comment on this just informed me I needed to return equipment. No confirmation of return, however I had paid to track the return. Now after almost 2 months they decide I must pay for the pendant, but to add insult to injury my mom had only just paid for the following 12 months. but NO refund for remaining 10 months..
Totally no compassion, certainty not a caring company.
Dear Karen,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback today. On behalf of us all at Lifeline24 we are very sorry to hear of your loss and hope you are doing well at this difficult time.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience with the closure of your Mother's account.

Our usual policy is to charge for any lost equipment as it is provided on a rental basis. However, this is reviewed on a case by case basis.

I have investigated further and I can see you have recently contacted our Customer Service department and they have agreed not to charge for the lost equipment.

Again, I would like to apologise for any upset or inconvenience this has caused.

Lifeline24
As I am an 80 year year old,self isolating I was pressured by my family to purchase a Lifeline.Unfortunately I could not connect it myself and had to get help from my family.This machine does not appear to be compatible with my telephone and your help department sent a new part which still doesn't work .I have no alternative other than to return the machine and expect a full refund !!
Dear June,

Thank you for leaving a review.

Please accept our apologies for any issues you have had with the setup, rest assured we do cover our equipment with a full service guarantee and we will do everything we can to assist you.

As such I have arranged for a technical advisor to get in touch to troubleshoot and resolve this.

Warmest Regards,

Lifeline24
My father wears a fall pendant. Had his first fall and it was outside. He fell backwards having lost his balance, hit the back of his head and cut it. I had no idea. He called out to neighbours who were opposite and they cane and picked him up and placed on a chair on his patio. He then managed to ring me and I live locally. My husband went around and pushed the help button on the box in his house. First time needed and it didn’t work. I was due abroad so wouldn’t have been around if the current situation was different. Very disappointed and waiting for a new pendant to arrive today
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback today. I would like to apologise on behalf of us all at Lifeline24. This is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide.

I can see you have since been in contact with our Customer Service team who have sent out replacement equipment. They have also arranged for the return of the previous Fall Detector so we can start an investigation into how this could have happened.

Again, I would like to apologise that this has happened and for any distress caused.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to get in contact.
You can call us on 0800 999 0400 or email info@lifeline24.co.uk

Order placed 25/5/20 and still not arrived at 1.45pm 28/5/20
Dear Brenda,

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. I am sorry to hear of the delay with your delivery.

Whilst all of our post is sent using 24hour tracked delivery, unfortunately, due to current events, some areas are experiencing problems with receiving their post. This due to factors outside of our control.

I have investigated further and have been able to track your delivery. The tracking number shows your alarm equipment has now arrived.

Should you have any further queries, or have not received your delivery, please call our friendly Customer Service team on 0800 999 0400.

Lifeline 24 is rated 4.77 based on 5,334 reviews