Lifeline 24 Reviews

Rae Cunningham
Lifeline 24 5 star review on 4th December 2018
Raymond Street
More Photos & Videos
Unfortunately I needed to cancel my order as my grandparents decided that they did not want the product after all. Although the contact centre team were helpful and prompt in response to my emails, they initially failed to offer the full refund I was entitled to under distance selling regulations and by virtue of the fact that we had not been presented with the terms and conditions to read and sign, having not yet worked through the new customer registration process. I had to specifically challenge their response to get the full refund including the £35 "new customer fee". I believe this is terrible service for a company that deals primarily with vulnerable people; if Lifeline24 had been dealing directly with my grandparents, I know they would not have challenged the initial response. The matter was rectified, but then I also had to chase up the refund as it had still not been processed three weeks after returning the equipment.
Dear Customer,

We are so sorry to hear of your distress regarding this matter. We do aim to provide a swift, friendly and flexible service and do sincerely apologise that we have not been able to deliver such a service on this occasion.

We hope that the refund has now appeared in your bank account and once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you have had.

We wish you all the best.

Louisa
Waiting for reply to the form I submitted and permission to connect up?
Dear Mrs Malley,

Thank you for your feedback.

We apologise for the delay in the confirmation of your forms being processed, it is possible that the email we sent was lost in transit. We have now resent the confirmation that the alarm can be connected and tested.

If you have any other enquires of this nature at any time please call 0800 999 0400 and our customer service team will be happy to help you.

We apologise again for the inconvenience to you.

Kind regards,

Caroline.
Delivery efficient and set up easy. Checking system was working was hurried and no consideration given to age of caller. Thought there was a very strict check to be done and then get rid of them.
Your advertising on line, implies that the annual cost is £119.00. But with a set up fee of £39.00. The first years payment is £158.00. The second years payment is £154.00. So your annual costs are not £119.00. A little confusing I thought.
Apart from that I believe the service is excellent.
could you please tell me what is involved in set up. I assumed it meant someone would come and do this for me, as I have nobody able to do this for me. Also free next day delivery was not so.
I came home from hospital last Thursday, expecting to be connected next day. The packet didn't arrive on Friday but 2 came on Saturday. We rang your number, and were told nothing could be done until the form was received. This was completed and sent online, but as it was Saturday, still nothing was done till Monday, when finally I was told I would be connected yesterday, Tuesday.
I had paid for this in advance and expected a 24 service as promised in the sales literature
Pricing on the website was misleading and not as clear as other providers. The 33p per day did not indicate that it had been calculated on the special opening offer of 3 months free and could be implied that this is the continuing cost. Also the 3 months free did not say we were paying for 9 months. It could be taken that the price indicated was for 12 months and a further 3 months was added without charge. Another site with a similar opening offer made this completely clear. When the direct debit letter came indicating the renewal charge this was far more than I anticipated and I felt like reporting you to the Advertising Standards Agency.
The staff at Lifeline are great and helpful, thank you!
However, it is never made clear that the system may not work in all cases - i.e. the alarm will not work if the phoneline is engaged. Yes, this could be gotten around by spending £15 per phone point and purchasing an extra thingy. Staff do not seem to know how many of these are needed nor exactly what causes it. So the person with the system is left confused and lacking in confidence, not a great start!
I am hard of hearing. Fortunately I had a friend with me when I first logged in because the man who answered was clearly not English and I could not understand his accent. Also he called me Patreesha. Pat, Patricia or Mrs Manning would have been fine. Also the black wristband looks trashy and hardly likely to last perpetual wear.
I have various problems with my phone and Internet since trying to connect the unit. I am very surprised that there are no electricians that can come and help me install this.
Mum found the set up assistance confusing and I too was not too impressed. We are still unsure if the system has been successfully set up. We got to the point where we had to pick up the phone but was instructed to wait until contact made. No further contact was made and as mum had already spoken to 3 different operators she did not want to try again. We are unsure whether we had to use the phone as another point of contact but nothing happened when we did pick up the phone. Since the box is situated in the kitchen and the only means of speaking to you is via the box how can an accident victim be reassured or give information if out of the room? As mum is a bit deaf and immobile this is a concern.
Hi Valerie, as discussed on the phone, our Care Team have confirmed that the alarm has been set up and successfully tested. I'm sorry you encountered a few confusing issues however I do hope you're satisfied with my response. Many thanks. - Olivia, The Lifeline Team.
I felt a bit disgruntled, I got my lifeline line the next day , should have been before ten. i rang or mu daughter rang at eleven., you said it had been. Left at my next door but no no given. My jdaughter tracked it down. He had told both people he couldn't,t find a no on any of the three bungalows, I have three wheels bins at the back entrance , all with my house no also a gate post too the front door with 102 on it, so why he couldn't,t find us, my front door bell is loud and play.s a tune, my daughter and I were both in , the Dr ahead just gone, any way we got it, as fake as I know it's up and running, another little grip you start off at 128 pounds a year up front, and it ends up 180 a lot of difference I am sure it will be explained eventually, I had spent most of the night on the floor, hence the life live, it's expensive, but not if you need it, hopefully not but there if I do Glen shreeve
Recommended by social worker but after receiving prompt acknowledgement email for payment (with no contact details on it) information form for client was completed and emailed back as requested but was not acted upon overnight as promised. It took 3 days and numerous phone calls to get service up and running.
Purchased for frail pensioner prompt delivery tried to register told needed paper work which was not lncluded so have to wait till speak to customer services not so far impressed
Hi Andrew, I can assure you this is a very rare situation for us as we have a strict dispatch procedure. I apologise that your form was not included. Following our telephone conversation, I can see that your New Customer Form has now been completed from the email which was sent to you. Again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused and I do hope you are satisfied with the way in which your issue was dealt with. Olivia – The Lifeline Team.
When I got in touch to test the system, I felt that the person I was speaking to was very impatient and short with me. we only tested the system with one phone off the hook, but then when i read the instructions I saw that each phone should be tested separately. I felt that this person was quite unpleasant and unhelpful given that your system was entirely new to me.
I bought a lifeline, which was delivered on time.I I
am not able to set it up. I understood that the.. cost covered the set up if this is not the case I would like to return it and get a redund
Lifeline 24 is rated 4.78 based on 4,777 reviews