Jeakins Removals Reviews

of reviewers recommend Jeakins Removals

A very professional, hard working team who made our 3 move much easier than we thought possible, they took great care with all our possessions and we would not hesitate to recommend them.
Terrible company and once they have taken your money do not get back to you to discuss any issues you might have. - Damaged my TV internally. Requested I seek to repair and paid £45 for call out and report by repairman. Have not reimbursed me for either the TV or the cost of the repairman for his call out and report. - Paid for disassembly & assembly of wardrobes. Have not reassembled or reimbursed me. - They damaged the kitchen flooring in my old property but have ignored any request for compensation. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Nice friendly guys
Very polite and respectful removers. Arrived when they said they would,protected our things. Made moving day much less stressful, would definitely recommend.
Excellent service..on time..polite..friendly..and very patient considering the 2 and half hour wait at my new hone..my family members have used Jeakins and were very pleased with the service..also the ladies in the office are very helpful and understanding..well done to a good team .
Excellent service. Thankyou.
Was grateful for them fitting me in at such short notice. They came earlier than expected only two men available my son had to help with beds and boxes packing. Moved on day people went mad queuing for petrol but arrived eventually after a 99 mile journey.
From enquiring about a quote to the day of the move could not fault the team at Jeakins. The guys that turned up on the day were excellent, loaded up very quickly and with ease especially considering we had a lot of heavy items to move. They emptied out our 3 bed house within 2.5hrs with just 3 men working on it. Once at the new house they again were extremely efficient in unloading our items with nothing broken in the process. We were unloaded in the same amount of time as it took to load up. The removal men knew what they were doing and put things in the rooms we had asked them to very neatly so we could unpack with ease. If we were to move again I wouldn’t hesitate in using Jeakins Removals to do it!
Very punctual and efficient, came to us over 2 days to pack everything. Would definitely recommend.
Excellent service...........many thanks
We moved house on Friday, 3rd September. Prompt arrival. Very professional and helpful. They were very quick and respectful when moving our furniture and things. Top service. I have used your services in the past and will use again.
The guys from Jeakins made our move so much easier. The house was emptied in no time. They moved all our boxes to the correct rooms in the new house. I booked them because my brother used them 11 years ago and they were great then, nothing has changed. I would highly recommend them. It was good to hear the funny moving stories from them, it took so much pressure off the enormity of the day.
Everything went well with our move so we have no real complaints. The Jeakins quote was very reasonable, but the communications before our move wasn't exactly great. We had to phone them a few times to ask questions, and on most occasions the person who answered the phone didn't know the answer and promised that someone would ring back. Sometimes they did and were very helpful, sometimes they didn't. We even had to ring to ask what time they were coming on our removals day. Removals day was a long day, and very hard for our 3 removal men. They mentioned it would have been easier if they had been able to pre-load the day before. As it was, they arrived at 8.30am, loaded until 11.30, and then drove for around 3 hours to our new home. They spent until 6pm unloading and then had the 3 hour drive back home. We felt quite sorry or them - especially as out new home is a 3 story town house and it was a warm day.
The team were fantastic. Arrived spot on time and everything packed up and delivered as expected. The packing service was great too and would strongly recommend. The team were very friendly and 100% efficient. Thanks !
We couldn’t fault the service, from booking us in with less than a weeks notice, the amount and quality of packing materials provided and above all on moving day making a stressful day run so smoothly. The removal guys were very efficient, fast and professional. Just came in introduced themselves and got on with the job. A great team of friendly guys. You came recommended and we would totally recommend you to others.
The whole family have used jeakins 5 times previously so we only went to you for a quote. Your guys are absolutely amazing. This was a marriage separation move so had 2 trucks and the guys helped each other load up both. It turned out that at my property the lift was out of order, being on the third floor and a very hot day, your guys were fantastic. They kept their spirits up and ours, made me laugh a lot, and got the job done in good time. I cannot fault them one bit. Well done guys! You made a stressful situation a pleasure. Will definitely only use Jeakins for any removals in the future
Jeakins caused considerable and irreparable damage to our property and its contents including, but not limited to, gouges across a chest of drawers, a completely wrecked wardrobe, veneer scraped off an antique set of shelves, large scraping down the side of an antique sideboard and deep gouges and scratches throughout the wooden floors of the house. Walls were chipped and scratched, no protective wrapping or covers on furniture or floors, no care taken, furniture hastily and inadequately put back together and a poor customer service and complaints procedure to boot. Some irony given their website claims that "our professional team, take the greatest care with your belongings and property, using protective flooring, bannister coverings and specialist equipment for your larger and more valuable items". Not only that but they then wriggled their way out of providing adequate compensation through a technical clause in the contract - despite fully admitting they were entirely at fault for all of the damage - in a process that they dragged out over months and deliberately misled. I have moved seven times in the last ten years and this firm was by far the worst of the bunch. Avoid at all costs.
Excellent service from start to finish. Guys worked really hard all day. Would recommend.
The move went fine apart no clothes hanging boxes were used and my clothes were just dumped; I lost my cultery and my Alexa Dot. Even though I had insurance with the company it doesn't cover these items as the "vehicle was empty" on return. I do have pictures taken on the day.
Used twice in 3 months and I cannot fault them. Great staff, do what they promise. Professional and reasonably priced.
Jeakins Removals is rated 4.83 based on 154 reviews