Jeakins Removals Reviews

of reviewers recommend Jeakins Removals

Excellent service...........many thanks
We moved house on Friday, 3rd September. Prompt arrival. Very professional and helpful. They were very quick and respectful when moving our furniture and things. Top service. I have used your services in the past and will use again.
The guys from Jeakins made our move so much easier. The house was emptied in no time. They moved all our boxes to the correct rooms in the new house. I booked them because my brother used them 11 years ago and they were great then, nothing has changed. I would highly recommend them. It was good to hear the funny moving stories from them, it took so much pressure off the enormity of the day.
Everything went well with our move so we have no real complaints. The Jeakins quote was very reasonable, but the communications before our move wasn't exactly great. We had to phone them a few times to ask questions, and on most occasions the person who answered the phone didn't know the answer and promised that someone would ring back. Sometimes they did and were very helpful, sometimes they didn't. We even had to ring to ask what time they were coming on our removals day. Removals day was a long day, and very hard for our 3 removal men. They mentioned it would have been easier if they had been able to pre-load the day before. As it was, they arrived at 8.30am, loaded until 11.30, and then drove for around 3 hours to our new home. They spent until 6pm unloading and then had the 3 hour drive back home. We felt quite sorry or them - especially as out new home is a 3 story town house and it was a warm day.
The team were fantastic. Arrived spot on time and everything packed up and delivered as expected. The packing service was great too and would strongly recommend. The team were very friendly and 100% efficient. Thanks !
We couldn’t fault the service, from booking us in with less than a weeks notice, the amount and quality of packing materials provided and above all on moving day making a stressful day run so smoothly. The removal guys were very efficient, fast and professional. Just came in introduced themselves and got on with the job. A great team of friendly guys. You came recommended and we would totally recommend you to others.
The whole family have used jeakins 5 times previously so we only went to you for a quote. Your guys are absolutely amazing. This was a marriage separation move so had 2 trucks and the guys helped each other load up both. It turned out that at my property the lift was out of order, being on the third floor and a very hot day, your guys were fantastic. They kept their spirits up and ours, made me laugh a lot, and got the job done in good time. I cannot fault them one bit. Well done guys! You made a stressful situation a pleasure. Will definitely only use Jeakins for any removals in the future
Jeakins caused considerable and irreparable damage to our property and its contents including, but not limited to, gouges across a chest of drawers, a completely wrecked wardrobe, veneer scraped off an antique set of shelves, large scraping down the side of an antique sideboard and deep gouges and scratches throughout the wooden floors of the house. Walls were chipped and scratched, no protective wrapping or covers on furniture or floors, no care taken, furniture hastily and inadequately put back together and a poor customer service and complaints procedure to boot. Some irony given their website claims that "our professional team, take the greatest care with your belongings and property, using protective flooring, bannister coverings and specialist equipment for your larger and more valuable items". Not only that but they then wriggled their way out of providing adequate compensation through a technical clause in the contract - despite fully admitting they were entirely at fault for all of the damage - in a process that they dragged out over months and deliberately misled. I have moved seven times in the last ten years and this firm was by far the worst of the bunch. Avoid at all costs.
Excellent service from start to finish. Guys worked really hard all day. Would recommend.
The move went fine apart no clothes hanging boxes were used and my clothes were just dumped; I lost my cultery and my Alexa Dot. Even though I had insurance with the company it doesn't cover these items as the "vehicle was empty" on return. I do have pictures taken on the day.
Used twice in 3 months and I cannot fault them. Great staff, do what they promise. Professional and reasonably priced.
The 3 lads who moved us were absolutely superb from start to finish. The service they provided was really first class and nothing was any bother. Really friendly, very efficient and helpful, and they made the day massively less stressful than it could have been. Jeakins are a great company with fantastic staff and I couldn’t recommend them highly enough.
Brilliant, we couldn’t of wishes for a better service, very happy
I was extremely pleased with the serviced we received, despite having to wait around, the lads were cheerful and courteous. The packing was done to a good standard and there were no breakages. Thank you.
Jeakins Removals  5 star review on 25th June 2021 Jeakins Removals  5 star review on 25th June 2021
Jeakins were as good as their word. They turned up, moved our home and did it all with a smile. Cheers guys
Everyone at Jeakins were very professional, knowledgeable and helpful from start to finish. The team that handled our removal on the day were extremely efficient and remained polite and respectful despite the weather being very hot, making it very hard work. They also had the added hassle of the completion time being delayed until the last moment in the afternoon, but they managed to organize four extra staff at extremely short notice to get the lorry unloaded quickly, which avoided the need for our belongings to go into storage, which would have caused us untold problems and stress. Thank you to all the team involved, including those in the office, and we would like to express our gratitude for a job very well done. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend Jeakins to anyone looking for a professional, reliable removal service. Just as a point of interest, we used Jeakins to move us from the UK to Menorca in Spain, back in 1996, and the quality of service has clearly stood the test of time. Alistair and Janice Bryant
Jeakins sent 2 guys on the day of packing. 3 guys turned up on the day of the move. 1 guy came to unpack. All the guys were excellent in what they did. I would recommend Jeakins to anyone wanting to move as I had to change the date in just over a week before. Jeakins dealt with it in a most efficient manner. Well done to all involved.
The team worked really hard on a very hot day. However, the initial lorry was not big enough and the second van did not turn up for a long time leaving me on the driveway with belongings whilst my wife went off to the new home spoiling the experience.
Very pleased with the removal Service Professional friendly team. Made our day stress free
Jeakins provided a very professional yet personal service. A real person answered every phone call and they were always helpful and obliging. The guys who moved us were equally helpful and obliging. They worked quickly and efficiently and took really good care of our possessions. I would thoroughly recommend this company.
Jeakins Removals is rated 4.86 based on 145 reviews