Freevacy Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Freevacy Ltd
Email, Live Chat
Read Freevacy Ltd Reviews
When it comes to Privacy training for myself or my team, Freevacy is the first place I go for that training. on the multiple courses they have done with the trust they have always been professional and well delivered sessions.
I did a two week practitioners course and found it well balanced, interesting and informative. A good course with a knowledgeable approachable instructor, thank you.
Course was initially advertised to me as a 5 day course and ended up being 10 days. I would suggest breaking the slides up more, with other another type of activity. Having the Foundation course as a pre-requisite would have been useful.
Hi Steven, Thank you for your feedback. We understand it can be difficult to take time out for professional development, especially when there is a sudden change in your expectations of what is required. We are unsure how the correct information did not get through to you, given that the duration of the course is explained in several places on our website and documentation. The BCS GDPR Practitioner course is only delivered over five days in a face-to-face classroom environment, but due to COVID, we adapted the presentation and found the flow to work better when delivered across ten half-day online sessions. The information is clearly outlined within the joining instructions emailed directly to all delegates before the course commences, a copy you would have received. Your employers also acknowledged the change in delivery since the last time we provided this training prior to the pandemic. However, we understand this information may not have been relayed to you. Given all that we have done, in this instance, there are no changes that we can make to improve our process, which would help prepare delegates before joining one of our courses, but we thank you for your feedback. We are also grateful for your advice to other potential interested delegates that the BCS Foundation Certificate in Data Protection should be a prerequisite before advancing onto the Practitioner level you attended. We agree with this for anyone new to the subject and make such recommendations to prospective customers already. This was also discussed and offered with your employers. We are, in fact delivering the BCS GDPR Foundation course online for your employer alongside the Practitioner course, but as we are sure you understand, it is not our responsibility to decide who is allocated to attend or at what level. The BCS Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection is a highly challenging qualification to obtain, even for those with several years of experience working in privacy compliance. We will, of course, be on hand to help with your preparations to pass your BCS exam should you require any additional assistance, whether via email or even one-to-one coaching during your self-study period. We also have the one-day exam preparation event booked, where we will give you some final coaching before your exam.
The materials are good and Joyce's knowledge is strong - it is a shame we could not be in the classroom as this is how I learn best, but Joyce did so well to make the material as engaging as possible and encourage discussions
Really enjoyed this course and felt that it gave me a good knowledge base to undertake my FOI role.
I completed the CIPP-E and CIPM training and can say I found the courses challenging, interesting and conducted to a high standard. Julie was engaging and I enjoyed the experience and opportunity to build upon my knowledge with a non work perspective and in a relaxed environment. Thank you.
The course was very informative and Joyce definitely knows her stuff. It was all very organised, material arrived in good time, nothing was too much trouble with my request to test web ex! Thankyou for all your support.
Trainer was very approachable, friendly and knowledgeable. I am relatively new to my role in Data Protection and found this course incredibly helpful. Being sent all the course material through the post is very helpful as I can refer back to it throughout my career.
Joyce was friendly, approachable, and very knowledgeable. Explained everything clearly and provided examples.
Very informative, I already had 12 months DP exeperience however found this course pulled everything together and helped make sense of it all. Joyce was friendly and helped provide examples along the way which helped put things into to context. I have already found the curse folder useful for my day to day work.
The trainer was excellent and very approachable, course materials were clear and easy to understand and the delivery mechanism allowed for a good balance between work and study. I really enjoyed this course and would recommend Freevacy if studying Data Protection legislation.
well organised, friendly trainer's who are very experienced knowledgeable and supportive
I thought the training was excellent - both the trainer and the course material provided helped to break down a lot of information clearly and into manageable sections. I would have been surprised going into it that such a lot of information could be covered so thoroughly and clearly in the time we had. If I were to go out of my way to look for an area for constructive feedback, there were a few typos in the course manual that made the meaning unclear, meaning I had to take a bit more time to understand the intended meaning (e.g. p.26: "GDPR... does not apply where: ...(b) a public authority or body." - the wording in the regulations uses "to" in place of "where", which makes the above make sense.) Other parts of the manual where I felt the meaning could be clearer include p. 53 regarding Article 47, and p.84 regarding special purposes (it is not immediately clear without looking back at the context of the section as a whole that these are still referring to examples of offences).
A professional course with a friendly and knowledgeable trainer. Well delivered and I felt supported throughout the online course and in the lead up to my exam.
The training course was very informative and interesting. Very useful to get a good understanding of Data Protection. The whole preparation for the actual exam does require additional deep and thorough revising.
I decided to enroll on the Foundation in Data Protection certificate due to finding myself at a career crossroads and felt this could be a valuable asset with my job search. As a complete novice to GDPR and not working in a sector that gave me any real exposure on a day to day basis, I was very apprehensive about joining the course. My concerns were soon diminished despite all the other delegates currently working in DP within various industries and at various levels. The online training room was relaxed, and Julie, the trainer explained the content in plain English, using everyday examples to put into context and invited an open forum to ask questions at any point or repeat areas that needed further discussion to ensure that all the delegates were keeping pace. At no point did I feel out of my depth, that I couldn't speak up if something didn't make sense or that things were moving too fast despite there being a lot of information! The little tests that we were given at points during the week instilled confidence in my ability and the additional reading resources and advice were invaluable when it came to the exam of which, I was delighted to pass!
When I first started the course I found it quite intense and overwhelming, as I wasn't experienced in the DP field as a whole but wanted to challenge myself. I enjoyed the breakout sessions and the question sets more than the course content. The exam prep session was very helpful with some beneficial tips. The course folder was very thorough and well put together. Due to IT constraints I was unable to do the exam online, Jodie was very accommodating so I could learn my exam at home.
Thank you Joyce for your advice and support throughout the 2 weeks of the course. I do have a couple of things to suggest. Through no fault of anyone, I did struggle with the online set up; more so during the second week. There was a lack of interaction between attendees - it felt only 50% of the group gave feedback or engaged in discussion which provided little real life examples. The breakout groups were often awkward and I felt the same, more confident at speaking attendees, led the group time after time. I felt some attendees just switched off. Joyce was often met with silence when she asked the group a question. Going forward maybe have the cameras on for the first 5 minutes each morning and all say hi and maybe all asked to prepare and ask a question or tell the group something they have learnt the day prior - then cameras off for the course. Someone is designated to lead the group, take notes and feedback for breakouts and this switches person each time. I found I learnt the information better when I could apply to real life examples - maybe a few more of these; a few more case studies. I really struggled with the course being over two weeks. Switching from course to work after dinner didn't help with concentrating and focussing on either. If I had a difficult afternoon at work or looming deadlines, I'd be thinking about it the next morning during the course and became distracted. I feel it should be one full week. I liked the 5 question test at the end and the course materials (folder) is well set up and very useful. Again thank you. Leanne
Hi Leanne, Thank you for your comments. In any course, both online or in a classroom, there will always be a mix of people engaged in discussions and those more comfortable remaining quiet. Our policy at Freevacy never puts pressure on a delegate to speak or answer questions when that might cause upset, particularly for delegates with limited subject matter knowledge. The course you attended did have a high proportion of delegates new to the subject, so it is only natural that there was the occasional silence. It is a similar issue regarding cameras. In an ideal situation, delegates' cameras are always switched on. However, there are technicalities that can prevent some people from getting online, such as insufficient bandwidth or internet connection issues that can make using a camera practically impossible. Other delegates use computers or devices that do not always have a camera. Of course, there is also the issue that not everyone is comfortable using a camera. We ask everyone (where it is possible) that they use their cameras for the introduction. And we should be reminding delegates that the use of cameras for break-out sessions will enhance the discussion and help everyone. At some point, we expect to deliver classroom-based training courses again, which means the BCS Practitioner Certificate in Freedom of Information course that you attended will revert to being delivered across five full-days. This is not possible currently due to COVID-19. However, the feedback received on half-day online sessions is extremely positive for the same reasons that you didn't like the format. Many people and their employers appreciate being able to fit training in around their daily role. So much so that we will continue to offer these online half-day sessions after the pandemic has ended along with full-day classroom events. Hopefully, we will be able to provide you with a choice in the future. Regarding your last comment, your course was the last to be run with a 3-hour written BCS exam involving case studies and essay questions. In future BCS exams for FOI practitioner certificate will have an electronic multiple-choice based exam. We will continue to have break-out sessions, and exercises that are real-life based, but there will be more of the end of day question that you enjoyed. Thank you again for your feedback. It is always appreciated. Joyce
Communication and support very good. A lot of the content was difficult to put into context due to my nature of work but delivery of the course was good. I think in hindsight I personally would have benfitted more if it had been a classroom delivered course.
Joyce was a great trainer and really went out of her way to accommodate everyone's needs. The course is well structured and relaxed with breakout sessions working in smaller groups on exercises and mini tests at the end of each session, which really helped embed what you have learnt throughout each session.
Freevacy Ltd is rated 4.70 based on 90 reviews