EVOGO Reviews

of reviewers recommend EVOGO
Read EVOGO Reviews

About EVOGO:

We all love the freedom that having a car gives us.

However, let’s face it, owning a car can be a costly affair. Not only do you have to spend all your savings or take out finance to afford one in the first place but then you have the costs of running and maintaining the vehicle, not to mention the money you lose through depreciation when you sell it on for a newer model. What a hassle!

Which is why more and more people in the UK are choosing to lease rather than buy their car.

However, not all lease agreements are what they should be, often creating burdens of their own.

EVOGO is the smart alternative to vehicle leasing because you get all of the benefits of owning a vehicle, just like a traditional lease, but with a level of flexibility and a range of choice and cost that is unique to EVOGO.

You won’t be tied into lengthy contracts or complicated finance deals. And you’ll experience a premium level of service that will leave you feeling warm inside!

Ready to get behind the wheel of a brand new car? Flexible and affordable, on the latest makes and model of premium vehicles. Don't just go, EVOGO.

info@evogo.co.uk

201 Upwell Street

Tell us how EVOGO made you happy
EVOGO 5 star review on 24th February 2020
EVOGO 5 star review on 18th December 2018
Adam
EVOGO 5 star review on 18th December 2018
Victoria
A very shady company. I thought I was getting a car from a company called Easilease, when collecting the car the company name was not Easilease it was Evogo. When I questioned this I was told that Easilease was part of Evogo. I paid a much higher deposit than was necessary. It turns out that the person running Easilease was a friend of one of the founders of Evogo and was allowed to do this, I was told this off the record from the person who did the handover of my first car. I'm not going to mention names but he would take deposits which were up to 4 times the amount required, pay the required deposit to Evogo on your behalf and then you would be an Evogo customer, with him pocketing the rest of the deposit. Evogo knew this was going on even though they refuse responsibility over it.

If you came to Evogo through Easilease you were ripped off, you paid a massively higher deposit than needed. Evogo will not take any responsibility over this even though they allowed it to happen.

Shame on you Evogo, I look forward to a smart repsonse!
Good Afternoon,

Many Thanks for your feedback.

EVOGO has in the past, as is common practice within the vehicle leasing and rental sector worked with a number of third party broker companies. These companies operate independently from EVOGO and have their own set of terms and conditions relating to the product that they offer. Of course EVOGO also obtain and work with customers directly, at this point we have our own terms of business which we adhere to and are available to review through our website. Any issue relating to a third party broker and/or their terms and conditions should be addressed with that company directly, EVOGO wouldn't be able to comment on any payments taken by the third party or any terms of business they implement.

We would also like to make it clear that the third party broker company in question has no relationship with any founder of EVOGO LTD.

Finally, we would like to clarify that EVOGO no longer works with any third party broker companies after a change in company policy around 2 years ago.

Many Thanks,
EVOGO
Been dealing with Evogo with over 6 months now, the sales guys are almost impossible to get hold off, they don't respond to emails and will not call you back if you leave a message.

They must be doing amazingly well as a business as I want to upgrade my current car to a more expensive one but hey it's only extra money what good is that to a business.

Nick has been avoiding my calls and not responding to my emails for 2 weeks now and I had a similar problem when I fist decided to use them.

My first vehicle I was told it was in Sheffield but after I signed the contract they told me it was in Luton and I had to pay an extra £60 delivery charge. I can go on and on.
We were supposed to have special company rates and we did when we were first introduced to EVOGO, however now when we mention this, no one seems to know or have any understanding of our account.
Unfortunately trying to communicate with the sales team is difficult, responses are vauge and far and few between.
Contracts appear to change when it suits EVOGO and i have received a few blunt emails asking for my vehicle back - no phone calls no real customer service or providing me with list of available or up coming vehicles.
Prices seem to be on the increase - very disappointing.
I'm considering handing my vehicle back in and ending my contract with EVOGO.
Hi Lucy, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry that you have had a poor experience with us recently, we strive for excellent customer service and we have clearly let you down on this occasion. Your comments have been passed on to the sales team to take on board, and a member of our sales team will be in touch to see what else we can do to improve your experience with us. Kind regards, EVOGO
Hard work company to deal with, simple queries over email take days to get responded too. Upon finally getting what we needed and submitting an application things went silent for nearly a week. Apparently they only do a soft credit search, but they then said that underwriters had said they would require £700 deposit instead of the £320. With the highest credit score you can get (999 on Experian) we queried and asked for underwriter details but they wouldn't provide. As yet, we can't see a search was even made, but that might be taking a while to show. I believe they have done this to quite a few people
Dear Sir/Madam,
We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our decision and our underwriting policy. As you point out we do a soft search and if your aware of what a soft search is, you would be fully aware a soft search will not show up on your credit profile. Also with data protection rules we cannot disclose what they have found in your credit history, or if you have failed to meet our credit score. We do everything we can to offer a facility to all customers and the offer to pay a little extra upfront to ensure new gain a brand new is quite standard throughout the industry.
If our offering has proved not to your satisfaction I hope you find a deal in the marketplace that suits what your looking for.

Kind Regards
Head of Evogo
Demanding cars back when you have good credit and never missed a payment
Great service with a fabulous choice of cars, I didn’t want to get tied into a 3 year lease deal as my situation could change so what Evogo offer is perfect for me, Lewis talked me though my options and was a great help, I would highly recommend.
Thank you for your great feedback, we are so pleased you found us and we met all your needs! We hope you're enjoying your new car. All the best, EVOGO
So where do I start ?
Let’s good back to April 2018, I wanted a car that was fast but didn’t want to keep it that long, I saw an advert on Twitter for a company called Evogo where you can have a vehicle for a short term.
This was perfect for me and almost too good to be true, I did the math and it worked out just as cost effective to have a car from Evogo as it was to lease one for 3 years and not be able to hand it back when I was bored.
I contacted Russell who explained everything to me which still seemed "too good to be true" I did some research looking for negative feedback from people who'd hired from Evogo and there wasn't any mention of people on the internet who were unhappy.
After getting an email from Russell with the cars that's available my mind was set on a BMW 340i in white, there was one available when I spoke to Russell and he asked me did I want to put my name down next to it ?
I told him i'd get back to him shortly, no idea why but I just wanted longer to decide if this "too good to be true" really was true !!
Finally I called him up 3 days later to order my White 340i only to be told it had now gone but they had one in Black (typical) although I didn't want a black car I was going to do this and put my name down.
May cam and my car was ready for collection, I bought the train up and signed my paperwork, we inspected the car and before I knew it I was away in my brand new 340i.
Russell asked me if id like to make a review and I decided I would wait until I was due to hand the car back as i'd heard horror stories of people handing lease/hire vars back and having charges at the back end that were ridiculous !!
Well 1 year on and last week I returned the BMW 340i and collected my KIA Sportage, they inspected my 340i and yes rightfully so they charged me as i'd scuffed the alloy wheel (below £100) i was more than happy with this and paid the money there and then.
I do not work for Evogo as I'm a full time photographer but really do want to say this system of having a vehicle you can return with 90 days of collecting it really is as good as it seems, one year on and I'm in my second vehicle and loving the Evogo way.
Thank you.
PS Russell I did say I would write a proper review once i was ready :-)
EVOGO 5 star review on 1st August 2019
Hi Austen,
We're pleased to hear that! Thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and kind review. We'll pass on your great feedback to Russell and the team. We hope you enjoy your new car and we look forward to seeing you again next time. Thanks, EVOGO
The experience was not a pleasant one unfortunately. Feedback has been given to both the Sales and Ops managers
Dear Amanda,
We’re really sorry that you were dissatisfied by your recent experience with EVOGO. Our Sales Manager is aware of it and your feedback is being taken on board. Kind regards, EVOGO
John G made it simple once again,
And then Sadie greeted me with a big smile made me tea, and then went over the paper work, and finally showed me the new car, thanks again team Evogo
Very quick and easy collection at Luton.
Hi Anthony, glad to hear it! Thanks for the review. Thanks ,EVOGO
This is my fourth car with Evogo and I must say I have been very happy with the customer service. I have always found the staff helpful and accommodating. I will continue to lease my cars from them and would highly recommend Evogo to anyone.
Hi Mary, thanks so much for a lovely review! We are glad you've had a positive experience with us and appreciate the recommendations :) Thanks, EVOGO
This is my 4th vehicle from Evogo, so I clearly like the plan of being able to 'rent' my vehicle and change it quite often. I work in the automotive industry with many vehicle Brands so it allows me to experience a variety of vehicles from these manufacturers. The downside is that each time I change, the prices have gone up - not even in conjunction with manufacturers price increase - there seems no logical reason, notification or explanation for this which is irritating. There is also no consistency in the price changes for higher mileage bands - some vehicles are a £20 or £30 increase - others £100! Monthly rentals are not cheap and could absorb a portion, if not all, of the admin charges, levied for passing on a fine or congestion charge - especially as we have no alternative than those fines coming to you directly? Staff are always polite and friendly but given that your vehicles are often hired to professionals, I feel that the overall service could be improved to create a memorable experience for every customer that would be talked about positively.
Hi Linda, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we are pleased you are enjoying our approach and customer service at EVOGO. We also appreciate the feedback regarding the pricing changes. Unfortunately prices increase are taking place across the whole vehicle industry - not only are we having to adjust to new higher road tax charges, but the government have made huge changes in promoting the use of Diesel vehicles and in turn this has eroded residual values and manufacturers are pushing more in to hybrid vehicles, meaning that prices do vary with these changes. We will take your comments on board regarding the overall service and charges which we will use to drive improvements. We hope you are loving your current car! Thanks, EVOGO
Easy process to apply, quick turn around once approved and car selected.
Hi Steve, thanks for your review, we're glad we were able to provide you with a quick and easy experience, hope you're loving the new car! Thanks, EVOGO
Overall the experience was satisfactory. Weve had cars for over 2 years now and in the main the service is good, but recently prices have gone up quite alarmingly and the focus has seemed to shift from getting the car you want to the car you would prefer us to have already on site
Hi Lee, thanks for giving us a review, we appreciate the feedback and are glad you've had a good service with us over 2 years! Thanks also for your feedback regarding pricing and car choosing process, we're always looking to improve our service so will take this on board. Thanks, EVOGO
Don’t like your double penalties on speed fines it’s enough without then Evogo’s charges, Russell a very good contact spot on though
Hi Craig, thanks for leaving us a review, we really appreciate the feedback and are glad that you've had a good experience with Russell. We also appreciate the feedback regarding charges, and this will be passed on to the team to take on board. Please get in touch if you have any further questions, we hope you enjoy the new car! Thanks, EVOGO
The hand over process was much better than last time at 15-20 minutes versus almost 90 minutes with Ryan on the previous handover. However, when I received the new car it was dirty both inside and out with all of the sills covered in black dirt and the seats also marked, I also had to clean the inside of teh windscreen which was covered in black dust. The car also had a scratch on the door which I noticed imediately but which had not been noticed by your own staff. The evogo offering is great from a price / proposition perspective but the customer experience is consistently poor.
Hi Andrew,

We're sorry that you've had a bad experience with us, we are always looking to improve our customer service so appreciate the feedback, which will be passed onto our team to look into and ensure we can improve on this in the future. Enjoy your new car, and please get in touch if there are any further comments or questions. Kind Regards, EVOGO
I don't have the breath or, effort or time to be able to explain the debacle that was getting a car through yourselves, but we'll go for it anyway. Dominic was profoundly terrible at his job. After having the car allegedly pushed back by God knows how long, due to "manufacturer delays", we had a set date, I then proceeded to book said day off work (please bear in mind that your head office in 4 hours away from us). After chasing Dominic on countless occasions, he tells me, on the bloody day, that the car hasn't arrived, this is after having booked in travel. Dominic told me that he would let me know if it arrives within allowable timescales to pick up the vehicle. After hearing nothing, I phone in at just gone midday and speak to someone else, whom informs me that Dominic has gone home for the day. As you can imagine at this point, i'm getting increasingly frustrated. The lady then says she'll call me back shortly, after having looked into this. I then receive a call back around an hour later stating that the car arrived at 10am that morning. Absolute joke, beyond recognition in fact. Due to being desperate for the vehicle, my other half had to travel up on a Saturday, 4 hours away, unplanned with her father to collect the vehicle. Best part of this, is the fact that Dominic hadn't sent us any of the documentation you require previous to this, so we spent the evening sorting through everything.

To top all of this off, I was recommended to yourselves by someone that works very closely with your company.

Horrendous.
Dear Oliver,
I am sorry to hear that you have had a bad initial experience with ourselves, we are always keen to receive feedback such as this to ensure we can improve and resolve issues better and in a more professional manner. I remember this incident occurring and since this occurred we have changed process and at the time Dominic was a new member of staff and we have put him back through staff training. I can only apologise for initial experience and reassure you that any further dealings will not be as traumatic. I truly hope your enjoying the new vehicle and look forward to showing you a more professional service when we look to renew

yours sincerely
Keith Heaviside
Head of Evogo
All they do is lie to you, they do not keep you updated on what have been paid, they do not make you aware or refund you for over payments if you've made one by mistake, they tell you different charges for wear and tear on the vehicle, the charges given in the invoices are different to quotes in t&C's and to con you even more they will wipe all of your charges away for you if you take another car with them (if those charges existed and the reasons why, would they really let you walk away without paying a penny for the so called damages they claim you have caused? , they are extremely rude to you when bringing back your leased vehicle. Nobody can tell you the closing time of the shop, I would never recommend this company to anybody and I would never return to this company or to leasing every again
Good Evening Jodie, I am really sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with EVOGO.
I am happy to look at any points raised and answer any queries direct>
I would not allow any over payments to be withheld unless there is arrears on your account that need to be covered.
I am more than happy to get my head of accounts to send across a full statement of account showing all incoming and outgoing payments.
Our damage policy is very transparent and we would happily discuss any issues you have with off hire damage of mileage excess bills.
Our opening and closing times are clearly printed on our website Monday - Friday 8am till 6pm, but if returning a vehicle we request no later than 4pm so that we can take it through the off hire process and discuss any issues whilst your still here.
And finally if any of my team are rude I would request you send me a formal complaint, i will not tolerate any rudeness from my staff to customers or customers to my staff.
If you wish to discuss any of your points further please call me on 0114 478 7430.
Kind Regards
Keith
Head of EVOGO
After dealing with countless numbers of vehicle leasing companies that were unhelpful and provided a poor service, I stumbled across Evogo.

From start to finish, Evogo provided me with an excellent service that is both welcoming and reasonably priced.

I would definitely recommend Evogo.
The Car standard is very good. However I was very confused when I asked for the car to be collected. I asked on 16th March for the car to be collected as i did'nt need it any more and my insurance had finished for it. I was told that the earliest collection date would be 29th March and no charge would be made for collection, the date of collection was changed to 30th. I have been invoiced until 30th, If I had known that I would have been invoiced for the two weeks that the car was not being used I would have taken one days insurance out on the car to return it. I am disappointed in that. I look forward to your comments.
EVOGO is rated 4.72 based on 1,262 reviews