English Holiday Cruises Ltd. Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend English Holiday Cruises Ltd.
Nevile Robinson
Verified Buyer
"I have just mailed a letter to Ricard Clements saying that my wife and I (84 & 86) rate this as the most enjoyable weekend we have had in 58 years of marriage., Your crew were so wonderful and what they did for us was exciting. The food was superb and the 'Skipper' gave us every attention together with his excellent commentaries. The cabins were 'great' and our fellow-passengers - as always a gigantic mix - added to our enjoyment. My wife, rather handicapped after brain surgery just 9 weeks ago thought the attention that your 'Quintet' were 'perfection'"
(Unique Weekend Break) - Posted 2 months ago
Penny Kraft
Verified Buyer
"We booked for a weekend break as a tester as we had never been on such a small boat before, it seemed much longer though as such a lot was packed in over the time. We loved the visit to Slimbridge, all the food we had was great and the crew were attentive and very pleasant. The captain Steve gave good commentries and the Saturday entertainment was second to none. We would certainly reccomend the company and hope to take another cruise in the future."
(Unique Weekend Break) - Posted 2 months ago
Jenny Spencer
Verified Buyer
"Super holiday, lovely atmosphere, food , wonderful crew. Just right, have already booked for next year."
(Historic Canal) - Posted 2 months ago
John Stockley
Verified Buyer
"This is the second cruise we have done ,as with the first we could not have been more satisfied with the itinerary, the crew, the food , everyone was extremely helpful."
(Historic Canal) - Posted 2 months ago
William Turner
Verified Buyer
"My wife and I did the River Severn Heritage cruise which involves cruising from Gloucester Docks to Worcester and back, stopping at Upton Upon Severn on the way up and Tewksbury on the way back. The trip was leisurely, with the banks passing by us at about four miles an hour. The food was superb; breakfast, lunch and a four course dinner every day thanks to our chef. Our cabin was compact, but it seemed to get more roomy each day. The excursions were brilliant. The other passengers were so nice. We both loved it!"
(River Heritage) - Posted 3 months ago
Alan Shankster
Verified Buyer
"Happy crew, happy ship, Relaxing cruise, hence this tip- Food was good, the vessel fine, Keep the venues and the wine."
Reg Delannoy
Verified Buyer
"Could not have asked for anything better, loved it all. Captain Steve was the best. Gerri & Reg Delannoy"
(Cruise To The Views) - Posted 3 months ago
"We have travelled on the Continent with a number of river cruise companies and we were not disappointed by English Holiday Cruises. The experience was certainly on a par with the big companies. The staff were both friendly and competent, providing excellent service; the meals were excellent. We enjoyed the 5-day north-bound cruise and have already booked another cruise. The company has invested in improvements to further passenger comfort such as batteries to avoid generator noise at night, and the 'boss' spent time with us to get feedback first hand."
(Heart Of England Cruise) - Posted 3 months ago
"The whole experience exceeded my expectations. The organisation was excellent and everything ran like clockwork. The itinerary was well constructed and we found it most enjoyable. The company of the other passengers added to the enjoyment of this holiday. Food was first class also."
(Severn Wonders Cruise) - Posted 3 months ago
"Our holiday met or exceeded our expectations. The crew and staff were invariably friendly and helpful. The itinerary was well presented, varied and interesting, with many helping facilities. The food and service helped to make eating very pleasurable and promoted a "house party" ambiance"
(Severn Wonders Cruise) - Posted 3 months ago
"We went on the five-day cruise from Gloucester to Worcester and back, calling in Upton-on-Severn and Tewkesbury, and had a brilliant holiday. The decor of the boat was to a high standard, food was excellent and the cabins were comfortable. The en-suite was a wet-room so the shower wasn’t cramped. We didn’t travel at night so there was no engine noise to keep us awake. The mornings were spent travelling along the Severn watching the world go by, drinking tea, coffee or hot chocolate and chatting with the other passengers. Some of us played quoits on deck. After lunch we visited the local town with the opportunity to go on a guided tour. The tours of Tewkesbury and Worcester cathedrals were very informative. The crew were very friendly and welcoming. It was like going on holiday with a bunch of friends. On one of the evenings there was live entertainment from a musical duo – Ain’t Misbehavin’ – which was most enjoyable. We found the website very informative and gave a good representation of what the holiday was like. Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and would highly recommend this holiday to anyone."
(River Heritage Cruise) - Posted 3 months ago
"Another fantastic cruise on the Edward Elgar. So relaxing, comfort on board excellent and of a high standard and everything about the daily trips to local points of interest so well planned & thought out. All the crew go above & beyond in their duties, always happy & interact well with all guests. The chef, Rowan, prepares and presents outstanding meals with fresh & local produce. The atmosphere on board is very relaxed and the crew play a large part in making this happen. The Skipper keeps you informed of interesting features along the canal/river and with an abundance of wildlife there is never a dull moment. Already booked to return in April 2018 - that says it all. It will be our third trip."
(Heart Of England Cruise) - Posted 3 months ago
"We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise. Everything promised in the brochure was as it said. There was just enough extra excitement, such as very high water levels on the Severn, (would we be able to get beneath the bridge?) and a bridge that would not open on the Gloucester Sharpness canal, to add a frisson of anticipation, but ,of course, the excellent staff coped with all eventualities, including arranging a coach from the stuck bridge to Slimbridge so our visit there was not delayed and all was well! The bridge even opened for our return journey. The cook deserved a medal - lovely meals and he remembered the likes and dislikes with no reminders. Friendly staff, congenial company, comfortable cabins - and all with the beautiful countryside to enjoy! What more could we ask for!"
(Severn Wonders Cruise) - Posted 3 months ago
"Recipe. One amazing boat called EdgarElgar, delightful and efficient crew.1 wizard chef producing mouthwatering food. 1. Captain full of anecdotes and information. 20 like minded people. Time to relax and get to know each other. Interesting itinerary great value for money.Result. A fantastic 7 days living long in the memory.Try it yourself!"
(Severn Wonders Cruise) - Posted 3 months ago
"An interesting way to see parts of our country we usually pass through on motorways. Good company and crew and catering."
(Cruise To The Views) - Posted 3 months ago
"Having been on several European river cruises, we were not sure what to expect from an English one. Whatever our expectations were, this cruise surpassed them all. It was enjoyable from beginning to end; the Captain, his crew and all the other passengers made it the best ever. The cabins are small, but there was sufficient space for all our belongings, and the 'en suite' worked perfectly. It was a perfect short break.. we just wish it had been longer !"
(Heart Of England Cruise) - Posted 3 months ago
"A very enjoyable cruise. The crew and ground staff were friendly, helpful and competent. The food was extremely good and the accommodation, although not spacious, was comfortable. The included excursions were all fascinating and well organised. The Severn is a very interesting river and I can happily recommend this trip."
(Heart Of England Cruise) - Posted 3 months ago
"You often see holidays advertised with the words "friendly family atmosphere" only to discover that this is some way off the truth. So its great to be able to recommend a company where this description is 100% correct. From the moment I boarded the Edward Elgar I was "Brian" to all the crew members and particularly to Jen, the lovely Jill-of-all-trades who was so helpful and versatile at dealing with passengers' requests. She "ordered" me to play in the deck quoit competition to which I replied "only if the first prize is a Porsche" and that was a running joke between us all the week. I didn't even finish in the first three but when I got home I found she had popped a tiny toy car in my bag! It's little things like that which make a holiday. The itinerary is very relaxing in that most mornings are spent cruising and then after lunch a trip or interesting visit is laid on in the afternoon. On a ship the size of the Edward Elgar, a small galley means meal choices are limited but that is compensated for by the excellence of the food - especially the smoked salmon in my case. Similarly, boat size restricts cabin size ; I had a cabin to myself but I imagine two people sharing found it rather cramped. But then how much time do you spend in your cabin? Evening entertainment is good and seemed to suit passengers with younger musical tastes than my octagenarian requirements. I would thoroughly recommend English Holiday Cruises for those seeking a restful and relaxing time with the added prospect of making some good friends as a bonus."
(Heart Of England Cruise) - Posted 3 months ago
"I have been on 2 holidays with river cruises with my 82 year old mother . Really enjoyed both trips . Staff helpful and cheerful . Fully recommend them"
(Heart Of England Cruise) - Posted 3 months ago
"We took the 'Unique Weekend Break' cruise in April 2017 and were very impressed with the service, meals, excursions and care demonstrated by all the crew. Saul Junction on the canal was very attractive and the associated history tour most enlightening. The visit to the Slimbridge Wetlands Wildfowl Trust centre was a major highlight especially since we had previously visited the London Wetlands Centre and heard a little about Slimbridge during that visit. The visit to the Purton Hulks Barge Graveyard was truly fascinating. It was hard to take in the concept of 'concrete barges' yet there they are! We were very well looked after throughout and would have no hesitation in recommending English Holiday Cruises for a truly unfogetable experience."
(Unique Weekend Break) - Posted 3 months ago