Edinburgh Watch Company Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Edinburgh Watch Company
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
"Jonathan’s watches are of the highest standard, the Breitling I bought from him was advertised as mint condition, and it didn’t disappoint the price was excellent also, his service is second to none, I would definitely buy from him again Thanks for the Beautiful watch"
Jim Paterson
"I had been looking for a Bremont Codebreaker limited edition for some time, and came across one completely by surprise at the Perthshire Classic Car Festival, in April 2018, where the Edinburgh Watch Company had a trade stand with one of these watches on display. I already knew much of the history and special features of this watch, and I was pleasantly suprised that Company owner Jonathan Gilbert had also researched this timepiece thoroughly, sharing his knowledge and the provenance of this particular piece. This limited edition timepiece celebrates the work of Bletchley Park during WW2 in breaking the German Enigma Code. I too worked occasionally at Bletchley Park in the 1980's and early 1990's, when it was owned by British Telecom. My own career included work on cypher and coding systems in use by our armed forces in the 1980's, so my association with this place was epitomised in this watch. Jonathan made me feel confident that I was dealing with a reputable company, and with someone I could trust. My follow-up meeting to collect the complete watch, presentation wallet and boxes, associated papers and certificates, was not just a handover, more an exchange of experiences of our world of watches, and other common interests. Though my collection is modest Jonathan knew the history of some of my timepieces. It is amazing what you find in common when you meet this man. I would not hesitate in buying another timepiece from this company, or recommending them. You too will receive the special attention that makes buying that special watch an experience, not just a purchase. The photos added are from a recent visit to Bletchley Park, to some of the places I had worked and relaxed, and the equipment that is recreated in the Bremont Codebreaker"
"Several characteristics jumped out at me when dealing with Johathan (proprietor at EWC). I was searching for a discontinued Yachtmaster size for my wife and seen one when coming across one of his reviews on Youtube. EWC web site was clear and video helped confirm the watches suitability. Buying online of expensive timepieces is not to be taken lightly. Fortunately we were were within driving distance and I opted to view in person. Jonathan was a delight to deal with, very accommodating and willingly met up to suit my particular needs just before Christmas holidays. Meeting Jonathan at a local hotel he secured a private lounge which was nice as I was with wife and 2 children. He took the time to show us several timepieces I had inquired about and over a coffee we concluded our purchase smoothly and in comfort of the Yachtmaster. The watch itself was as described (if not better). A warm and relaxing experience and would recommend meeting Jonathan if its with your scope. Otherwise I have no reservation in validating EWC as a trusted company you can purchase from. Thanks again Jonathan and I wish you every success in your business."
"Fantastic service and value with excellent and friendly advice from Johnathan. I would certainly recommend anyone to try Edinburgh Watch Company if they are looking for a quality watch. I am over the moon with my Rolex Daytona."
"Jonathan is a true professional. He freely gave advice on my purchase a beautiful Rolex Daytona. Not only that I rang at 4:00pm he adjusted, packed and sent my Rolex within the hour so I had by 1:00pm the next day. His service is exceptional. Would recommend and will purchase again!!"
"I recently purchased a Rolex Sea Dweller from Jonathan at the Edinburgh Watch Company. I received a fair Trade-in price for my watch in exchange for a watch with a lifetime waiting list. Jonathan couldn’t have been more helpful and spent time describing the features and showing the operation of the watch including the bracelet adjustment. I have no hesitation in reccomending Jonathan and the Edinburgh Watch Company."
"First class service and Jonathan went out of his way to meet me after working hours . Can't recommend him enough ."
"Great service i was looking for a watch for one ra year and which had a 2 year waiting list and the Edinburgh watch company got me one. So I Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Johnathan and his team .to any keen watch Collectors out there . Thanks again Mark"
"Terrific personal service from Jonathan. Rapid fulfilment. EWC is highly recommended."
"It was a great pleasure dealing with Jonathan when acquiring a particularly nice watch recently. Our mutual love of cars and boats meant the actual watch purchase took a backseat for a while as we got side tracked somewhat. Nevertheless, I would heartily recommend Jonathan/EWC for any watch purchase, and no doubt will be back myself once the 'other half' allows me to expand my collection by 'just one more' watch again!"
"Jonathan sold to me a watch which met my exact requirements and which was in pristine condition. He did so in a courteous and professional manner, and was committed to myself being totally happy with all aspects of the sale. I have no hesitation recommending Jonathan as your first contact when considering a future purchase."
"Jonathan is totally trustworthy and impeccable when it comes to watch sales. He took the time to answer all our questions and his service was outstanding. The watch was delivered next day and was all that we had hoped for."
"After researching for a few months, new and second hand Rolex watches I found Edinburgh Watch Company to be very competitively priced. I received a response from my first enquiry to be fast and informative and was surprised to get a reply on a Sunday. Jonathan was able to answer all my questions and was not pushy which allowed me to trust in him. I purchased my new Rolex and transferred a large sum of money directly to his bank account. As I had never meet Jonathan I was nervous in doing this and wonderwd if i would receive the genuine article. Well my fears where put to rest once I received my Rolex on time and as described with all document's along with a personal hand written note form Jonathan thanking me for the business. Would I buy from him again, yes.."
"Having kept a close eye on the Edinburgh Watch Company’s Facebook page and it’s fantastic marketing, I decided to give Jonathan a call to purchase a Deep Blue James Cameron Rolex. His service was 100%, his attention to detail combined with a vast knowledge in the watch industry is second to none. Keep up the fantastic work and I’m sure we will meet soon for yet another purchase. Derrick F."
Derrick. Thank you for your king comments and I am so pleased that the James Cameron Deep Sea has been a success for you.
Jonathan
"Friendly, timely and efficient service!"
Hello
Thank you for your feedback. Really pleased you are happy with your watch.

Jonathan
"I have nothing but good things to say about Jonathan & the service he provides is even better than the watches he sells. 100% will be buying from Edinburgh watch company in the very near future."
Hi Harley. Thank you very much for your feedback. Glad you like your Deep Sea and look forward to assistance you with other great watches in the future.
Jonathan
"Delightfully personal service. Our son has wanted a Rolex Submariner for some time. He had identified a watch that he particularly liked which was being sold by the Edinburgh Watch Company. The only problem was that he lives in Tanzania and we live in Rutland. This wasn’t a problem once I had contacted Jonathon. We were able to arrange a date to meet when we were in Scotland and Jonathon brought the watch to our hotel. The watch was in immaculate condition and was presented in the same way as it would have been by Rolex, perhaps with more technical and historical knowledge. We are delighted with the whole process and in particular with the watch."
Dear Dr Jones.
It was a pleasure to meet you and your husband here in Edinburgh and that you son now has a lifetime timepiece to enjoy.
Jonathan
"Just purchased a Rolex sky dewller first class service , very helpful and excellent service , would happy to recommend this company"
"Jonathan was simply brilliant. I asked him to get me a very difficult watch to find and he did exactly that. He was a complete professional and a pleasure to deal with. He is quite unique and gives you that personal service that is hard to find. Great Service ...Thank you"
"We met Jonathan very informally and in a relaxed manner where there was no pressure to buy. He told us the history of each watch being offered and we felt after having confirmed new prices earlier in the day that we were getting great value. My son had really done his homework on the watches and knew all the strengths and weaknesses of each. Payment was easy to make and in fact Jonathan suggested I could switch my decision if I felt I had made the incorrect decision ."
"I contacted Jonathan at the Edinburgh watch company to help me find a Franck Muller watch as a surprise for my husbands 50th birthday. At that point Jonathan could not help me however several months later he contacted me to give me first refusal on a beautiful immaculate boxed Franck Muller timepiece that had come his way, he had remembered me and my request. It was not quite what I was looking for however the watch blew me away as it was so beautiful and well presented. Jonathan was knowledgeable and helpful and he is an absolute delight to purchase from. He is incredibly patient and has a very kind manner. I nervously made the purchase however there was nothing to be nervous about. My husband is absolutely over the moon with the watch. Jonathan thank you so much for everything you have done for us and we will be back to purchase from you again soon. I cannot recommend Jonathan at the Edinburgh watch company enough. Incredible professional service."
"Great service from start to finish. Couldn’t recommend highly enough and will definitely be back."
"A pleasure to buy from. Personal service from Jonathan was excellent. Will definitely buy from EWC again!"
Edinburgh Watch Company is rated 5.00 based on 188 reviews