Dance Days Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dance Days
Read Dance Days Reviews

About Dance Days:

Dance Days provide fun and educational dance workshops to schools, building confidence through dance from EYFS upwards. Our dance styles link with many school topics.

Tell us how Dance Days made you happy
Great Chart Primary School
Dance Days 5 star review on 16th March 2022
The Roche School
Ambur had a calm and very sweet way with the children and they enjoyed some of the dance moves that they learnt. However we were disappointed that there wasn't more emphasis on the cultural side, perhaps some use of props? or more of an effort on the traditional dress? I also think the children would have really enjoyed a short performance from Ambur. We felt that some of these additions would have justified the cost of the workshop. Unfortunately we just felt that it wasn't particularly well catered to an Early Years environment.
(African & Indian Dance Workshop) -
Dear Lucy, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and feedback. Firstly, I'm glad your children enjoyed their dance workshops. I'm sorry we didn't get this right for you. I've noted your feedback, and I've also caught up with Ambur regarding this. Kind Regards, Matt
We had 7 groups of children attend across the day and the facilitator managed them well. She was as enthusiastic and energetic with the last group as with the first.
(African Dance Workshop) -
Dear Jacquie, Thank you for submitting your recent review to us following the dance workshop which was completed on 13th October 2021. I have tried to contact you by phone regarding the feedback left for your dance workshop, I hope that you have received notifications of my calls/emails. As a small business, we take feedback very seriously and I was hoping to speak to you directly to address the concerns which you have raised. Dance Days is owned and operated by my partner and I, and we want to get this right for every school we visit. As we've been unable to speak to you on the phone, we have reviewed the feedback given and provided our responses below which should clarify our position and also explain why our workshops are carried out as they are. We have previously tested the success of using a presentation at the start of each session. The general feedback provided from the schools was that they wanted dance content and didn't want a presentation. The schools felt the time taken to present could have been better used for dance, the presentations were also seen to distract from the delivery of the dance workshop. This was especially true with the younger age groups. We also have had to consider operational challenges with not all schools having a screen available in the hall or gym. Our facilitator attire will consist of gym or teaching leggings and trainers, the team are dancing all day, and we need them to be comfortable as well as being appropriately covered. The African printed tops were added this year based on feedback from other schools. I've spoken with our team member, Alice, who facilitated your dance workshops, and she has confirmed that she included an introduction to all of the sessions which included fast facts about Africa and African animals. Given that your groups were made up of the younger child age ranges the fast facts were more tailored to a younger audience and covered basic information about Africa. Alice has also advised me that the feedback she received from the teachers who attended the sessions was positive and so she was somewhat surprised to receive this review. I hope that we have covered all points sufficiently and thank you for your feedback. Kind Regards, Matt
Jess's session was great; she was enthusiastic and the pupils were engaged and visibly delighted with the outcomes of the lesson
(Flamenco Dance Workshop) -
Thank you for your review and feedback, we are glad your pupils enjoyed the sessions and I've emailed you regarding the feedback. Thank you again.
Sophie is fantastic with the small children, very engaging and enthusiastic.
(Chinese Dance Workshop) -
Thank you for your feedback, we try our hardest to rotate the use of the props but without turning the workshop into a prop swap and waste the time with the pupils. We always invest in new equipment and replenish when broken but it's a balancing act between keeping our workshops at a very competitive rate and flooding with props.
Dance Days is rated 4.92 based on 578 reviews