Aspect Maintenance Services Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend Aspect Maintenance Services Ltd
Read Aspect Maintenance Services Ltd Reviews

About Aspect Maintenance Services Ltd:

Aspect is a property maintenance company with a difference. Our focus on customer service and technical excellence extends to every part of the company. Whatever your property maintenance needs, our highly skilled tradesmen will be happy to help 24/7. Whether you need a gas engineer or a plumber in London, look no further than Aspect.

02034116120

delene.dehaas@aspect.co.uk

Terrible service. Overcharged me by hundreds of pounds. 1. Admitted overcharging for 77 minutes of labour when the worker popped out somewhere = £145. 2. Refusing to provide proof of purchase for spare parts purchased. 3. Offered 10% discount at the time of booking but then were refusing to apply it. 4. I paid £550 to replace a part in the boiler WHICH A MONTH LATER NOW IS LEAKING. Stay away by all means.
We were very disappointed with the billing service. We were charged £190 for under and hour and ten minutes worth of service. When i followed up the day after our booking I was told we could be charged £125 including VAT etc.. However were shocked to later receive a bill for £190 for a simply job which took longer as the electrician decided to replace a £3 part which wasn't totally necessary. So we were charged £75 for the additional half hour - the majority of which we received no benefit. We feel this is extortionate and that electricians are told to go over the hour and delay the service so customers are charged this huge extra sum. We will certainly never use aspect again based on this experience.
Hi Danielle. We are sorry if the charges are not clear to you- they are explained over the phone whenever you make a booking, and subsequently sent in writing. Should you require further clarification please do not hesitate to e-mail customercare@aspect.co.uk .
Using Aspect has been a time-consuming, painful and costly exercise - and we still haven't received what we originally paid them for, the best part of a month on. We decided to use Aspect to check over some gas central heating we'd had installed. We had a couple of doubts about the original installation carried about by someone else, and requested a report from Aspect. When I called to book the job, we were explicitly told that we would receive a written report, with accompanying photos, within 2 days of the inspection. They took card details for the booking, which I was informed would only be used to confirm the booking, with no payment taken without my express consent. The day of the inspection, to be fair, went well, the gas engineer who turned up was polite, knowledgable, and capable of explaining issues without being patronising. After 2 days, there was no sign of the report, so I called up to chase it. I was informed that their gas engineers don't provide reports, to which I suggested they should maybe have mentioned this rather than saying the exact opposite initially. They eventually agreed, and said it would be with me by the end of the day. Naturally, I had no intention of paying without receiving the report we commissioned, however, on checking my bank account the next day, I found the money had been withdrawn without the express consent they told me would be required. Anyway, still no sign of the report the following day, I called, and had exactly the same conversation: no, we can't do a report... ah yes, we should have sent you one, it'll be with you by the end of the day. Next day, I reckon you know where this is going, there was no sign of the report. I was lucky enough to have this same conversation every day for the next week, until eventually, 7 days past the original 2 day deadline, I asked for a refund. The customer service assistant I spoke to got quite aggressive, pointing out that I'd been chasing the report, but now "suddenly" deciding I want a refund. I agreed to accept the report if it was with us by 5pm that day. At 4:59pm (sounds like a joke, doesn't it? but no, they actually delivered it 1 minute before the sixth deadline), I received the following extensive "report": "on arrival inside flue test point was open an taken photos and replaced plug, pressure is ok an explained why no gas leaks no water leaks boiler all working correctly just the issue of open flue test point controls all working correctly" As well as being largely non-sensical, this came without the photos it promised, and we'd been assured several times we would receive. Still no sign of them. It's also worth mentioning that the gas engineer had highlighted potential issues with carbon monoxide levels during his initial visit, which sounds like the kind of issue that should have been highlighted in their written communication. Nearly three weeks on, we still haven't managed to get anything sensible out of Aspect; it's also a week and a half since I was told their customer service team would be in touch. They haven't. To be honest, half the reason for writing this is in the hope that it might encourage the slightest bit of pro-active, responsible effort from Aspect's side, what with them having taken our money and everything. So, in conclusion, they've been incompetent, haven't delivered what we paid for, and wasted hours and hours of my time chasing them. Apart from that, they're pretty good. --- In response to your comment below: my postcode is SW16 2JS. Also, feel free to email me on jpwhook@gmail.com; following that, I'm happy to talk to you on the phone again if you wish. Although, your customer care team told us they'd be in contact with us "imminently" two weeks ago now - so I'd question your procedures if it meant that you only actually deployed them if someone complained in a public forum. While we're on it, the bit where you temporarily removed my review because you thought it was fake (though it would be a pretty elaborate yet dull fabricated story, wouldn't it?) comes across as something of a cheap shot. If I didn't know better, I'd get the impression you were just using the moderation system to hide reviews you didn't want people to see.
Dear Joseph, We are sorry to hear of your difficulties over the last couple of weeks. We have been in contact with customer care who are keen to resolve this issue for you. Would you mind leaving your postcode so that we can find your case? Alternatively, please email customercare@aspect.co.uk and they will be able to deal with the issue directly.
Only in an emergency. They will be available but get someone, anyone else if you can. We engaged aspect after a fire in April to get flats reconnected to a mains supply, we have only just (in September) got the work finished up to current regulations. The office is disorganised, appointments not kept as advised, telephone conversations not recorded, payments taken without invoices being issued, work started that had not been agreed and a there is a general lack of care and respect about everything they do- they just want your money. They were unwilling to accept the original job didn’t meet current wiring regulations so NICEIC were involved in getting the job up to an acceptable standard. Even then multiple visits were required to get the job done. No apology received about the headache, lies, financial loss and waste of time this company has caused us. They don’t even supply all customers with a link to review them so results on here are not a fair example of customer experience.
Very disappointed with the service. I called Aspect to locate and fix the leak in my house, and an engineer came 2hrs later than scheduled, he spent 3hrs at my place without detecting where the leak was, and suggested I should arrange with other team from Aspact as he was unable to help, that would have cost me a lot more for the service. I used a separate company to detect the leak, and they found the leak within 5mins without using any special tools. Aspect then charged me from my card without sending me the invoice despite that I requested at the time of booking. I am still in dispute with Aspect regarding the charge, their account team is now avoiding pick up calls. DONT USE ASPECT.
Do not use this company. Take a look at the reviews on Trustpilot - these are not simple one-liners but proper feedback from customers like me that had a bad experience. In my opinion I was massively overcharged for a simple drain unblocking job. They used all the possible delay tactics they could think of, including calling out for a second man on the job, to charge me almost £800 for unblocking a drain. Moreover, they charged my card without sending me the invoice first. It took several weeks for me to get some of this money back and even longer to find out how to leave feedback on this site. Please do yourself a favour and do not use this company - there are so many others out there, just don't take the risk. Read reviews from other sites too to gain a better understanding.
Like Pete I would give a minus if that were possible. Aspect cancelled on me twice recently. When the engineer finally did arrive (a subcontractor) he come 90 minutes later that advised and had been sent by Aspect to the wrong address. You then have to wait 3 days for a written report by which time they have already taken you money. I have tried to query the engineer's findings and time-keeping but you are not allowed to speak to anyone other than an operator. They never get back to you and each time you call you have to explain the entire issue all over again. They told me to email them but they didn't reply to that either.
Dear Anthony, we are very sorry about the problems you had with aspect.co.uk. Our customer care team is looking into your situation and should get back to you as soon as possible.
I would give 0 stars, if option available. Customer services poor, request to put a complain, which was ignored, several no shows, which for a small business, it's a big deal, not to have gas in a cafe! Several visits needed to resolve "the problem" with their huges bills and no apology from the no shows.
Hi Francisco, we are very sorry to hear about your experience with aspect.co.uk. We can only imagine how frustrating it must have been to have this long process to fix the gas at your business. We understand the problem has now been solved, but we would like to understand what happened, so we can improve our services for the future. Could you send your full name and postcode to customercare@aspect.co.uk ?
THIS IS THE BEST GUY I TELL YOU. PROFESSIONAL, FUNNY AND VERY COURTEOUS. AND HE FIXED MY ISSUE SO FAST
(Stoica) - Posted 1 year ago
Had a problem with an AC unit, called Aspect charges were £110.00 plus Vat for a callout. Responded within 3 hours. Took my credit card details prior to sending engineer. Telephone me from site to say that materials were going to cost £624.00 plus Vat. I agreed. Two days later received a text and email to say that I had been charged £1300 on my credit card. I telephone to ask for bill and breakdown. 2weeks later still nothing despite several telephone calls.
Ordered a repair of my tilt and turn window. Was assured by Aspect that it was easy to fix and they asked for my credit card details before they would send their guys down. The person came, spent less than 30mins looking at it, said he was not able to repair, and produced a quote of £400 to repair on the next trip. Meanwhile the person proceeded to charge £114 on my credit card for basically zero work done. Totally unethical practice.
Very good work professional. And tidy.highly recomend .
(Stoica) - Posted 3 years ago
I had a problem with my cistern, which was not re-filling. Not only did the engineer they sent fail to fix the problem, he told me that it could not be fixed without further extensive (and expensive) work, for which he would need to bring somebody else from his company to give me quote. In addition, he turned my water off completely meaning that a little later I had no water at all (not in bath, sink or toilet). I got in another engineer who fixed the whole thing in 15 minutes - turned the water back on and fixed the problem in the cistern. As might be imagined, I was not pleased to be asked to pay for the privilege of having no successful repair carried out and my water turned off. There was yet more fun in the invoice they sent me which included work (on a roof!) which was absolutely nothing to do with me. The worst service I have ever received.
Having experienced a major leak in a 54mm length of pipework, I called Aspect and spoke to customer assistance. I advised that the repair required was detailed and involved and I painstakingly talked the customer advisor through the job making clear that it was not a simple leak under the kitchen sink. The advisor stated that the leak would be resolved and that the plumber will have all the required equipment. I again reiterated the issues and to confirm that the attending plumber would be fully briefed on the job. A booking for a commercial plumber was made to attend on Saturday the 16th of September. Considering that I am the Building Manager for the premises, I spent my own time waiting for the plumber. An hour before was due to attend I contacted a customer advisor again just to confirm that the plumber was aware of what was involved. I insisted that I spoke to the plumber. Eventually I was put through to the plumber was advised that he had only just received details of the job and that from the details of the job that I gave him he did not have the equipment on his van or was comfortable in doing the job. I then contacted customer service again and was advised that someone would have to come out and make an assessment before any works were conducted and that I would have to pay for this. Having just wasted a day of my own time and that the residents (150 apartments) had to suffer me turning the water off for 3 hours, I felt very aggrieved that I should have to pay for an assessment. If this job was done correctly in the first place having advised customer service a number of times, we would not have found ourselves in this predicament. This is very poor. I was not listened to - the advisor only interested in obtaining my credit card details and then despite how I have been messed around, expected to pay for an assessment. Who is going to pay for my time on Saturday?
I took aspect service for gas work in my commercial unit. They have charged more than the hours engineer spent on site . Below is the summary ; • On first visit engineer was on site for 1.5 hrs (17.10 to 18.35) and these hours were confirmed by their engineer also its on the signed job sheet. But when I got the invoice they charged me for 2 hours. • On second visit I was on the site since 8am on 29th Aug 2017 as they have told us someone will be on site from 8am-10am slot but no one turn up and they didn’t bothered to allocate someone until I have called twice to check the status and then they send an engineer at 12.30am They have charged me for their engineer hours from 08.15 to 08.30am in realty their engineer didn't turn up. After having argument they send another engineer at 12.30am and I have signed with him regarding hours of work and charges. He told me it will be approx. 2 hours of work which I have signed on his phone. So total hours should be from 15.00 hrs to 16.15 and not 12.15 to 16.15. I have called their finance department to discuss this on 01 Sep 2017 but she informed me that she will investigate and get back to me but till date no one has called me to clarify this. Today again I have tried to speak with someone but the finance team phone is going on voice message and when I talked to other department they took my details and said someone will call me, so till date I am still waiting for their reply. This is just a Day light Robbery!!
I have been badly ripped off by Aspect.co.uk they charged me £469 for a small job involving constructing 3 shelves. I was told that the hourly charge would be £75 for the first hour and then they told me the charges drops to £47.50 for next hours. £75 an hour is very hefty but I thought this was ok on the basis that the charge drops. I got 3 shelves constructed - 2 in bottom of my wardrobe and a very small one in the airing cabinet. All in all a very small job. Then I get a humongous bill for £469. They charged me £47.50 for each additional half hour. When I challenged the bill they said their charge stood and basically they didn't care how I felt about the charge and as a 'goodwill gesture' they will give a 10% discount. So they are perfectly happy to rip us off and not stick with their original pricing. Pretty disgusted by this.
I am still in shock because Aspect charged me £1333.50 for a common fault (fault 28) on my Vaillant Turbomax boiler. At no time was I warned or informed by the engineer that the repair would cost so much.  According, to three, independent Vaillant experts rectifying the fault 28 on this type of boiler should have taken no more than 1 hour 15 minutes.  The Aspect engineer charged me for more than 6 hours work.  I believe he took advantage of the fact I was abroad. If I had known even an rough estimate cost I would not have engaged Aspect services.  I tried to negotiate paying half the labour charge, however, they advised that they would not do this. Total rip off. I will be paying this off for the next 6 months.
I have been very overcharged. £540 for a 2 hour and 15 minute job. The fees were not properly explained at all and when I called it took me a day to get through to someone who informed me that the terms were set out in the 'terms and conditions' which I never saw. I then asked to speak to a manager who conveniently was busy. I am still waiting to hear back.
We had a problem with an emergency light in our office toilets. An engineer came pretty quickly, tested the light and said it was faulty and he needed parts, but he was going on Holiday and the call would be assigned to a different engineer. It took Aspect 12 days to assign another engineer to the job, despite me calling and emailing them almost every day for this period. After 12 days another engineer turned around, he tested the light which have a twin emergency ballast in it, and found that one of the ballast was faulty. He converted the light to a single ballast by removing the broken half from the twin ballast, and we finally had our emergency light working again. When I got the bill, they charged me for both visits, but on top of that they also charge me for parts. They claimed the engineer used a new balllast but he never did, he just removed the broken half of my twin ballast. I complained but did not get a satisfactory result. A two hour job took 12 days and a bill that should have been £120 was £350. Bad service and expensive price. I will not use Aspect again.
Excellent job thanks. Sent the extra mile to make everything perfect
(Stoica) - Posted 3 years ago