The Event Academy Reviews

Business Design Centre
52 Upper St
London

Tell us how The Event Academy made you happy
I have always been in the event industry, however I wanted to gain a credited qualification to take me to the next level and build a better report for myself when working with new clients. I was fortunate to hear about the Event Academy and after attending the open evening, it was an easy decision to enrol. I took the course at the end of last year and after finding out recently that I was awarded a distinction, I can clearly say that course was the best educational decision I could could have made. It is perfect for someone who wants to get a first hand experience and better understanding of all sectors of the industry. The course itself was a incredibly well balanced. From theory to practical classes, the thought and time that has gone into the course structure to ensure there is enough diversity is very apparent and impressive. Having mentors and teachers who are at the top of their game themselves in the industry and always happy to provide one on one support and advice consistenly makes the whole experience very personal, comforthing and well worth the investment. From reading the other reviews there is clearly a consistent message being portrayed that the course is superb and worth doing... Despite this being the case I think the most important thing I can tell you is where I am now and how my life has changed since finishing the course. I did my placement at a company called Made Up Ltd. I am still a freelance LIVE Event and Project Manager with them. They were a perfect fit for me which The Event Academy advised me on. They knew my interests and aspirations well and also listened to the sector of the industry I wanted to go. Despite working for them I also set my own company up which is continuing to grow. The foundations are set. I just secured a massive client in Park Lane, with others in the pipeline. This would not have not been possible without the information, guidance and support I received from The Event Academy. I am now fully immersed in the industry, my biggest client being The BBC. I am currently working on The BIGGEST WEEKEND - All four sites across the UK. A couple months ago I was working at BBC Asian Network LIVE in Birmingham and last month I was working at Tobacco Docks on a major day music events. Enough said really. Looking back a year ago I never imagined I would have found myself being involved with the BBC as much as I am. I am now involved in major boardroom meetings, site visits all over the UK, and dealing daily dealing with Radio 1, Radio 2, The One Show etc... There are some negative reviews on here which I am totally gobsmacked about. As the saying goes 'the proof is in the pudding'. Without this course I would not be where I am today. The course is intense at times and there is a lot of information to take on, however this has only gear me up and prepared me for how the industry is on a day to day basis. If you are complaining about the level of work and time the course takes, then you might as well choose a different industry! Try babysitting... Welcome to the real work of events. Thank you Event Academy for all you have done. Never loosing contact. x
Hi Charlie, thanks for your message. Great to see you having so much success and working on Radio 1 events!
The course is geared towards people with no events experience - its an overview and not in depth enough for people who have experience and want a deeper dive into marketing, business development and strategy development. The lecture content levels and tutors' ability to answer questions was very disappointing. The structure of the group assignment is also unfairly allocated and judged. I would not recommend this Ashdown Academy course to any industry professionals.
() - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you for your comments. At Ashdown Academy we strive to make our courses the best that we can, so we welcome your feedback and take all of it on board.
What should i say? Simply amazing. I come from Italy, and I was completely new to the UK events industry. But that wasn't a problem because at the EA they teach you all you need to know to be a great Event Manager. It worth all the money spent, lectures are made by experienced professionals that led you to gain the necessary knowledge to work at a high level. I'm currently having my placement into a fantastic agency central London-based where I'm learning and growing a lot. Priceless! Strongly recommended!
Hi Alessandro! We so enjoyed having you as a student on our course! Congratulations on your position at Avant Garde - it's an amazing events agency!
Appropriate content but not well elaborated. No hands on, basically theory. Some lessons was dry saturated and rushed. Was upset that no proper graduation ceremony and no proper lay out and update on final project despite we won the pitch. Wished things was nicely spread and furnished clearly. But volunteer opportunities was nice. Did a few during and after the course.
Although I enjoyed Ashdown and my course, I found the promise of being sorted onto a placement not entirely true, luckily for me I found a placement that suited me but I know many people in the class had problems, and were often sent on placements that were unsuited for them. The course prides itself at picking great placements and having many connections to the industry but I felt there weren't a huge amount of placements available, lots of companies which had been suggested weren't taking placements which left alot of people quite upset and stressed at not finding an appropriate placement. My second concern was the price of the course, I know cost like staff, hiring rooms etc need to be part of the payment, but to then go on to an unpaid 3 month placement felt like quite an ask, I chose this course as I didn't want to spend another year-2 years studying, but I felt the cost of the course still seems quite high for 3 months of tutoring. I would agree that the course was really informative and gave me all the knowledge I needed to start in the industry but these two areas let the course down quite abit.
(World Photography Organisation) - Posted 4 years ago
I recently completed the Diploma in Events Management and would recommend this to anybody looking to build upon their knowledge of the events industry. It's rare to find an events course that is not only accredited, but also taught by industry professionals. The tutors were approachable, knowledgeable and helped me feel prepared for the project assignment and exam. The Diploma was fun and engaging and I will be keeping in touch with my classmates - always a sign of a good course.
The exciting academic lay out.
() - Posted 4 years ago
The course sounded really good but didn't really go into enough detail. and the group project took up so much more time than said it would. The very mixed level of experience (and proficiency in English - spoken & written ) meant myself and one other from our group of six had to do around 90% of the work on it including rewriting everyone else's parts of the report & presentation so they were actually coherent. I learnt a few new things but not enough to justify the high price tag. The course leaders 'screened' us at the Open Day to see if we were right for the course but it seems it was more for our ability to pay, than our ability to contribute to or learn from the course. Might be worth doing if your employer can pay for the course, you know very little about events and are yet to choose the type of events you would like to work on.
Thank you for your review on your Diploma at Ashdown Academy. Your feedback is welcomed as we always strive to make our courses the best that we can at Ashdown Academy and therefore it is all noted for the future.
Having just recently completed my online Level 7 C.I.M Accredited Postgraduate Diploma, I can only thoroughly recommend The Event Academy and their courses! The course itself was so informative, featured so many incredible guest lecturers from the industry, and really gave you an in-depth and understandable look into each aspect of the event industry. It not only covered the fundamentals such as budgeting, design, production and technical, but it also gave you insight into each of the industries within events such as Sports and Hospitality, Weddings, Fashion and private parties as well as Fundraising events. Studying online is always more challenging, but I found the Hub easy to access and lectures well recorded. Connecting with fellow students was easy, and enjoyable and has created connections worldwide! As an international student, it was wonderful to know that should I find myself in London I could attend some in-person lectures too. I love that the Event Academy is not only its courses but offers a variety of informative and engaging webinars interesting to both students and alumni alike, that it offers additional networking opportunities, as well as invaluable volunteer opportunities in London. Clare Lawrence, our Course Director, was phenomenal and she made our catch-up calls something to look forward to! Not only was she always available for assistance whenever needed, but she was also genuinely invested in the success of each and every one of us throughout the course. I definitely feel that The Event Academy's Postgraduate Diploma has efficiently equipped me with the knowledge and skills to begin a successful and rewarding career in the industry! Thank you Event Academy!
My experience at The Events Academy has been nothing but brilliant. I had known for a while I wanted to get into events but couldn't find the right course for me until I came across The EA, and I am so happy that I did. I was a 'Degree alternative' student and have just completed the postgraduate course. I don't necessarily count myself as 'academic' and I was worried that I wouldn't be a high achiever, but I have surprised myself and realised my potential in the events world. The support from lectures was amazing throughout. I went into the DA course with very basic knowledge and I now feel very confident in everything I have learnt. The lectures not only have a host of knowledge but are immersed in the industry itself, which is amazing to see. The opportunities within the EA is exceptional, I attended amazing volunteering moments, whilst also pitching to amazing clients. I highly recommend The Events Academy for anybody considering a career in events.
I highly recommend Event Academy! Before enrolling on my Online Diploma course, I compared Event Academy with the other UK accredited event management Institutes. I did a lot of research and spoke directly with many of the Institutes to find out more than just what was available their websites. Event Academy was the one that appealed to me the most, not only because it was accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, but because the online teaching material was presented as audio and video recordings by real lecturers who were practitioners, not just theorists. I am a Students that remembers and recalls information better when it is represented both visually and verbally. Watching and listening to the online material was just like attending real lectures, but comfort of my own home. (There’s are free samples available, give it a go and you’ll see what I mean). Additionally, the support I received was phenomenal, I could call and speak with the lectures when I had any questions. When I completed my diploma (distinction achieved), Event Academy managed to put me in touch with an Events Company local to where I lived, that offered me a job! If you’re looking to get qualified in Events Management, Event Academy is definitely the right choice!
Hi Andrew What a lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time to write about us! We really love to hear from our students and congratulations on your hard work which has been rewarded with a Distinction. The EA Team
The Event Academy was incredible! Very very challenging, but very fun and worth all the hard work! I highly recommend if you're ready to jump start your career in events.
I chose this diploma because I was looking for a career change. The course gave me knowledge, motivation and confidence. After 3 months of joining the course, I got a position as an Event Coordinator in a venue. I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in a career in events. The staff and teachers are very helpful and professional. I really enjoyed this course and I am very happy of having chosen Ashdown Academy.
Choosing to study the Diploma in Events Management was the best decision I had ever made and all thanks to The Events Academy for making it possible. Not only have I grown in confidence however the support and wealth of knowledge and skills I received was priceless. The confidence I have now has made me even more fearless, determined and more passionate about the industry that I am working in. Right now I've launched my own bespoke cake company 'Beautiful Ornate Pieces' and we soon will be launching our brand new events service as well. So at this point in my career I'm eating cake and I'm loving it!
The Event Academy 5 star review on 11th April 2017
I went into the Foundation Course with minimal knowledge of Events management and came away feeling very prepared for my Event Manager role! Claire and Justine are fantastic, lovely ladies and I honestly cannot recommend them and this course enough. I am recommending this course to people around my workplace and my team. It would probably be beneficial to have some courses run in the North of England - or maybe even online.
Ashdown has extremely qualified events professionals with a good attitude toward students. The placement offer is very wide and varied and it has been very useful for my career in the events industry so far.
(Royal Museums Greenwich) - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you for your lovely review on your Postgraduate course at Ashdown Academy. As a valued member of our alumni, your feedback is much appreciated.
Some tutors are good. Price isn't worth. Internship was a bad experience. Did not get a job on the field I wanted in events after years of the course. Lots of very young people in the class, with no graduation, so I assume they shouldn't be doing a POST-graduation.
(K&K) - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you for your review. At Ashdown Academy, we strive to make our courses the best they can be, so all your feedback is welcomed and taken on board.
My time at Ashdown Academy was great and a very eye opening experience. I found the lecturerers to be brilliant because of the different levels of experience they brought from their personal work experiences, which made everything relatable. I met a great group of people who have now become my network and sounding board for all things events! I'd highly recommend the Event Management course to anyone especially if it's a career change.
Thank you for your lovely review on your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy. Your feedback is very appreciated.
I greatly enjoyed the course however we missed three lectures which weren't to be helped (illness/transport etc) but could have been rearranged rather than doing online modules for them? Also it was the opinion of all of us that project work took priority over lectures in the second half of the course. We all thought it is best to do all lectures first then get into project groups later? So many groups changed members/didn't get along with each other it would have been best to wait before grouping them. One last thing is that since the course it has been impossible to get work in the events industy so more support after course has finished would be great?!
Thank you for your review on your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy. We welcome your feedback as we always strive to make our courses the best that we can. We will also email you directly with our Alumni Officer's details and information - we are sorry if you have missed these previously.
The Event Academy is rated 4.48 based on 113 reviews