The Event Academy Reviews

Business Design Centre
52 Upper St
London

Tell us how The Event Academy made you happy
I found the course very engaging. Eloquent and extremely knowledgeable lecturers, interesting case studies and stimulating practical work. We travelled from a gallery in Holborn to a sports ground in Fulham, plenty of variety and fun experiences.
(Mason Rose) - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you so much for your kind review on your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy. As a valued member of our alumni, we greatly appreciate your feedback.
It was an informative experience, where I gained knowledge about various types if events I had never considered before whilst building on relevant skills. In particular, I thought the interview techniques were most helpful.
(Meredith Collective) - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you for your informative and kind review on your Postgraduate course at Ashdown Academy. As a valued member of our alumni, your feedback is greatly appreciated.
I loved that the course was taught by industry professionals who were able to share real-life experiences. This, plus the project, provides great preparation to take the first steps into the working world.
The team are very supportive, and this continues even after you have finished the course.
(Casablanca Hire) - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you for your kind review regarding your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy. We greatly appreciate your feedback as one of our valued alumni members.
I took part in the postgraduate diploma at Ashdown Academy. It was a fantastic fast paced intense 3 months of hard work and fun followed by a 3-month placement.
I loved doing this course, for me it was a great, quick, launch into the events world with a level 7 accreditation, gaining exposure, knowledge, insights, being equipped and getting ‘industry ready’.
It has been a great foundation for me to build on with a wider understanding of all aspects of the events industry, not just the area I am currently working in, and I have a ready built network of lecturers, alumni and classmates. The lecturers are all industry professionals working on their own events whilst teaching. They are all lovely and very approachable and want to see you succeed and find the right starting point for your career.
The live projects were the best part about the course - receiving a real brief, creating a unique stand out proposal with all the correct research and documentation and then pitching to the client with your team. The placement is extremely beneficial as it is an opportunity to put everything into practice and learn on the go.
I would definitely recommend the course to any aspiring event managers!
Thank you Ashdown!
(Brands At Work) - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you for your great review on your Postgraduate course at Ashdown Academy. Your feedback is really helpful and informative, and we hope it will inspire others going forward too!
I learnt so much. I felt almost every type of event was covered.

The course wasn't too young - at 25 I was worried about going back into education but the average age was around 23.

The tutors were all fantastic. The interview prep, internship opportunity and pitching boosted my confidence. I didn't know I could pitch until Ashdown; it's never a bad thing to learn a new skillset you never knew you had.

The location for lectures were brilliant and a good introduction for almost everyone on the course as to what working in London would be like. Site visits created a good start to London venue knowledge.
(Party Planners) - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you for your kind review on your Postgraduate course experience at Ashdown Academy. As a valued member of our alumni, your feedback is greatly appreciated.
I had had research many events courses in UK/London and this one is THE BEST.
Worth every penny, teachers are on the top of the profession. All lecture are very intense and straight to the point, no time waste. If I have to do it I will do it again.
() - Posted 4 years ago
Thanks for your great review on your Diploma experience as Ashdown Academy. Your feedback is really appreciated as part of our exceptional alumni network.
I was worried that I wouldn't understand everything and would struggle with the final exam but thanks to the fantastic tutors it was the most prepared I'd ever felt for a written exam and I'm very happy to say some of the best results too!
Great teachers with great examples that really put what you learn into an easy to remember every day situation.
() - Posted 4 years ago
Thank you so much for your lovely and inspiring review on your Diploma experience at Ashdown Academy. Your feedback is much appreciated.
I did the 3 month evening Diploma course with Ashdown Academy. Everything from the fabulous lecturers engaging the class to the relevance of what was covered on the course and how it fits within the working world. Also being accredited by the CIM was a major factor for me choosing the course and it looks great on the CV. Loved every moment of it and made some good friends and contacts. Especially liked the preparation given for the written exam as this was an area I was worried about but needn't have in the end. If you are considering doing it - do it!! Opened so many doors for me and gave me the confidence to further the career I've always dreamed of.
Thank you for your lovely review on your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy - it is all much appreciated and inspiring for others to read too.
I did the online course whilst living in Australia and loved it. The lessons cover all aspects of the industry, website was very easy to use and I got so much support from all the Lecturers. There was a lot of work involved but so worth it!
Thank you for your lovely review on your Online Diploma course at Ashdown Academy. Your feedback are greatly valued and appreciated.
Overall the course was very helpful with giving me the knowledge and confidence to apply for jobs and secure interviews. Two things that both me and a few others agreed could be improved on was when listening to the fundraising and celebrity lectures a lot of examples of previous events were given but not a lot of information was shared and especially with the celebrity lecture we could see slides being skipped that we would have liked more of an in depth explanation on. Another point being when we were given activities to complete, even though a nice break up to the lecture when the activities last for half of the alotted 3 hours, they felt like a bit of a waste of time. All in all I was happy with the course, I learnt a lot of valuable information that I have taken forward with me now and feel confident in moving forward with my career.
Thank you for your review on your Diploma experience at Ashdown Academy. We appreciate the time you have taken to write it and take all your comments on board for the future.
If you are serious about getting into the events industry, Ashdown is the best place to kickstart your career. The tutors are excellent and friendly.
Thanks for the great review on your Postgraduate course experience at Ashdown Academy - it is all much appreciated.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time on this course, from making new friends whilst building my network within the events industry to learning all the finer details that accumulate into creating a successful event. The advice and sessions provided on CV skills and interview techniques as well as feedback on presentation giving were, I would say, the most valuable experiences I received from the course as they help to build up your confidence as an individual going out into the world of work. I would definitely (and have) recommended this course to anyone looking into furthering their knowledge on how different aspects of the events world are run and broadening their minds into all the various types of events you can get involved in.
Thank you for your lovely review on your Postgraduate course at Ashdown Academy. It is really appreciated, as well as informative and inspiring to others to read.
My time at Ashdown Academy was great and a very eye opening experience. I found the lecturerers to be brilliant because of the different levels of experience they brought from their personal work experiences, which made everything relatable. I met a great group of people who have now become my network and sounding board for all things events! I'd highly recommend the Event Management course to anyone especially if it's a career change.
Thank you for your lovely review on your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy. Your feedback is very appreciated.
The course gave me a foundation of knowledge about the events industry. The lecturers were all brilliant and had invaluable experiences to share with us. When starting my placement, I felt ready for the workplace.
Thanks for your lovely review on your Postgraduate course at Ashdown Academy. Your feedback is greatly appreciative, inspiring and helpful.
Over all it was the best thing I have ever done. Although it was stressful at times and I was pushed to my limits I wouldn't change my experience. I am a single mother who had to juggle part time work a full time course and the school run all at once but I did it, which means anyone can. The hardest part for me was the group work and being around people that didn't understand my commitments of being a mum but the tutors helped me push myself and in the end it paid off. I am now working full time in events and loving life. Big thanks to everyone at Ashdown
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your Postgraduate course at Ashdown Academy - it is greatly appreciated and forms such an important part of our service to all our students.
One of the best course I have done so far. All the tutors were very knowledge full and very professional . It was great to learn from such an experienced individuals.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is looking to build their career in event industry.
Thank you for your feedback on your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy, it is greatly appreciated and you are a valued member of our alumni.
For anyone who is interested in furthering themselves in the event industry
this course will prove such an asset for them.

It has given me the confidence and knowledge to further the career change I've
always wanted.
Thank you for your kind words regarding your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy - your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Absolutely loved the whole of the event course. It was very informative and engaging and the lecturers could give you a real insite into the event world. Don't think I could've found a better course for me!
Thanks for your kind review on your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy. Your feedback is much appreciated.
I found the course was fantastic and really got my foot in the door for the events world. The lecturers were very approachable and each had their own style which kept the course alive. They are all in the events world currently which makes it easier to understand. With everything there are positives and negatives, the majority being positive however there were a few things to mention. With the people attending the course it was a wide variety, some unable to speak good English. I think that made it hard to communicate throughout the course, especially with the projects. I think this was the downfall as there should possibly be a test to have a certain level of English. I am not wanting to discriminate but I feel some of the girls didn't get to put their all in as other became frustrated. With the live project at the end I felt the groups were too big with everyone wanting their voice to be heard. If I could give any feedback towards this it would be to split the whole class into 3 at least. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and would 100% recommend it to anyone who wants to get their foot in the door to the events world. I now have a full time position where I had my placement and love everyday!
Thank you for your review. We strive to make our courses the best that they can be, so your feedback is all greatly appreciated and taken on board for our future courses.
The course at Ashdown Academy was fantastic, I learnt so much and it really set me up for the workplace. The only suggestion I have, would be to have the 1 on 1 chats with the lecturers earlier on in the course. We had ours for our mid-way feedback half way through the course, which was good however I found these one on one sessions extremely helpful as I found that I could openly chat about what I was feeling in general. For example, I was finding the pitching extremely difficult and even considered quitting at times, however after my chat with Rosie she assured me that this was just a small part in events, that my strengths lie elsewhere, and that you can't be perfect at everything!

Ashdown does make it clear that the lecturers are approachable from the beginning of the course, however being a shy individual, I found these meetings really encouraged me express how I felt which I wouldn't usually do.

Other than that, all lecturers were fantastic and lovely people and I will recommend this course to anyone who seeks to go into events :)

Thank you!
Thank you for your honest and kind comments on your Postgraduate course at Ashdown Academy. These reviews are really helpful to us, as well as inspiring, so we greatly appreciate of the time you have taken to write this.
The Event Academy is rated 4.51 based on 110 reviews