The Event Academy Reviews

More Photos & Videos
The Event Academy 5 star review on 11th April 2017
Freda Francis
More Photos & Videos
Ashdown Accademy helped me to learn the English standards in event management. Im now a General manager and Head of events in a 4,500 mt Square amazing venue in Elephant And Castle..what else say? Thank you
(Terrence Higgins Trust) - Posted 3 years ago
Thank you so much for your lovely review on your Postgraduate Course at Ashdown Academy. You are a valued member of our alumni and we greatly appreciate your feedback.
Ashdown Academy provided me with the knowledge and expertise I needed to boost my career and confidence and become a successful event planner. Once the course is over you still receive support and advice, and have the opportunity of networking with event professionals through their Alumni events. I would recommend it to anyone!
(Create Live) - Posted 3 years ago
Thanks for the lovely review. We are delighted to have your feedback from your Postgraduate Course and we continue to enjoy hearing your updates and helping you where we can.
The whole experiance was great
() - Posted 3 years ago
Thank you for your kind feedback on your experience on our Foundation Course - it is greatly appreciated.
It helped me to define my career and start my own business. I always dreamed about it, but didn't have enough confidence. Ashdown Academy helped me to believe in myself. Thank you.
(Vostock Capital) - Posted 3 years ago
Thank you for your lovely review on your Postgraduate course at Ashdown Academy. We are delighted for you and greatly appreciate your feedback which we hope will go on to inspire more to do the same!
I found the course very engaging. Eloquent and extremely knowledgeable lecturers, interesting case studies and stimulating practical work. We travelled from a gallery in Holborn to a sports ground in Fulham, plenty of variety and fun experiences.
(Mason Rose) - Posted 3 years ago
Thank you so much for your kind review on your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy. As a valued member of our alumni, we greatly appreciate your feedback.
It was an informative experience, where I gained knowledge about various types if events I had never considered before whilst building on relevant skills. In particular, I thought the interview techniques were most helpful.
(Meredith Collective) - Posted 3 years ago
Thank you for your informative and kind review on your Postgraduate course at Ashdown Academy. As a valued member of our alumni, your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Felt certain class members were favoured over others. Staff not supportive to my concerns regarding gossip and bullying throughout the course and I felt very judged.
(Scarlett Entertainment) - Posted 3 years ago
Thank you for your review. At Ashdown Academy we always strive to make our courses the best that we can, so your feedback is valuable to us and it is all noted.
The course is geared towards people with no events experience - its an overview and not in depth enough for people who have experience and want a deeper dive into marketing, business development and strategy development. The lecture content levels and tutors' ability to answer questions was very disappointing.
The structure of the group assignment is also unfairly allocated and judged.
I would not recommend this Ashdown Academy course to any industry professionals.
() - Posted 3 years ago
Thank you for your comments. At Ashdown Academy we strive to make our courses the best that we can, so we welcome your feedback and take all of it on board.
I loved that the course was taught by industry professionals who were able to share real-life experiences. This, plus the project, provides great preparation to take the first steps into the working world.
The team are very supportive, and this continues even after you have finished the course.
(Casablanca Hire) - Posted 3 years ago
Thank you for your kind review regarding your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy. We greatly appreciate your feedback as one of our valued alumni members.
I took part in the postgraduate diploma at Ashdown Academy. It was a fantastic fast paced intense 3 months of hard work and fun followed by a 3-month placement.
I loved doing this course, for me it was a great, quick, launch into the events world with a level 7 accreditation, gaining exposure, knowledge, insights, being equipped and getting ‘industry ready’.
It has been a great foundation for me to build on with a wider understanding of all aspects of the events industry, not just the area I am currently working in, and I have a ready built network of lecturers, alumni and classmates. The lecturers are all industry professionals working on their own events whilst teaching. They are all lovely and very approachable and want to see you succeed and find the right starting point for your career.
The live projects were the best part about the course - receiving a real brief, creating a unique stand out proposal with all the correct research and documentation and then pitching to the client with your team. The placement is extremely beneficial as it is an opportunity to put everything into practice and learn on the go.
I would definitely recommend the course to any aspiring event managers!
Thank you Ashdown!
(Brands At Work) - Posted 3 years ago
Thank you for your great review on your Postgraduate course at Ashdown Academy. Your feedback is really helpful and informative, and we hope it will inspire others going forward too!
I learnt so much. I felt almost every type of event was covered.

The course wasn't too young - at 25 I was worried about going back into education but the average age was around 23.

The tutors were all fantastic. The interview prep, internship opportunity and pitching boosted my confidence. I didn't know I could pitch until Ashdown; it's never a bad thing to learn a new skillset you never knew you had.

The location for lectures were brilliant and a good introduction for almost everyone on the course as to what working in London would be like. Site visits created a good start to London venue knowledge.
(Party Planners) - Posted 3 years ago
Thank you for your kind review on your Postgraduate course experience at Ashdown Academy. As a valued member of our alumni, your feedback is greatly appreciated.
I had had research many events courses in UK/London and this one is THE BEST.
Worth every penny, teachers are on the top of the profession. All lecture are very intense and straight to the point, no time waste. If I have to do it I will do it again.
() - Posted 3 years ago
Thanks for your great review on your Diploma experience as Ashdown Academy. Your feedback is really appreciated as part of our exceptional alumni network.
I was worried that I wouldn't understand everything and would struggle with the final exam but thanks to the fantastic tutors it was the most prepared I'd ever felt for a written exam and I'm very happy to say some of the best results too!
Great teachers with great examples that really put what you learn into an easy to remember every day situation.
() - Posted 3 years ago
Thank you so much for your lovely and inspiring review on your Diploma experience at Ashdown Academy. Your feedback is much appreciated.
Although I enjoyed Ashdown and my course, I found the promise of being sorted onto a placement not entirely true, luckily for me I found a placement that suited me but I know many people in the class had problems, and were often sent on placements that were unsuited for them. The course prides itself at picking great placements and having many connections to the industry but I felt there weren't a huge amount of placements available, lots of companies which had been suggested weren't taking placements which left alot of people quite upset and stressed at not finding an appropriate placement.

My second concern was the price of the course, I know cost like staff, hiring rooms etc need to be part of the payment, but to then go on to an unpaid 3 month placement felt like quite an ask, I chose this course as I didn't want to spend another year-2 years studying, but I felt the cost of the course still seems quite high for 3 months of tutoring.

I would agree that the course was really informative and gave me all the knowledge I needed to start in the industry but these two areas let the course down quite abit.
(World Photography Organisation) - Posted 3 years ago
Not happy..........
() - Posted 3 years ago
I did the 3 month evening Diploma course with Ashdown Academy. Everything from the fabulous lecturers engaging the class to the relevance of what was covered on the course and how it fits within the working world. Also being accredited by the CIM was a major factor for me choosing the course and it looks great on the CV. Loved every moment of it and made some good friends and contacts. Especially liked the preparation given for the written exam as this was an area I was worried about but needn't have in the end. If you are considering doing it - do it!! Opened so many doors for me and gave me the confidence to further the career I've always dreamed of.
Thank you for your lovely review on your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy - it is all much appreciated and inspiring for others to read too.
I like it, i enjoyed but i think it is short time for all contents. If you are working i found it a bit hard to keep going. I would sugest few more proyect nights and that teachers explain how they work on it independly from the lectures.. From their own experiences.

Anyway I am very happy with the course, i learnd so much and i feel good with my job on it.
Regards ,

Laura
Thank you for your review on your Diploma course at Ashdown Academy. All of the feedback is taken on board and much appreciated.
this course is really useful and intensive. some lectures could be done better, like online modules. about the placement, i was expecting more however in the complex is good.
Thank you for your feedback on your Postgraduate Diploma at Ashdown Academy.
I did the online course whilst living in Australia and loved it. The lessons cover all aspects of the industry, website was very easy to use and I got so much support from all the Lecturers. There was a lot of work involved but so worth it!
Thank you for your lovely review on your Online Diploma course at Ashdown Academy. Your feedback are greatly valued and appreciated.
Overall the course was very helpful with giving me the knowledge and confidence to apply for jobs and secure interviews. Two things that both me and a few others agreed could be improved on was when listening to the fundraising and celebrity lectures a lot of examples of previous events were given but not a lot of information was shared and especially with the celebrity lecture we could see slides being skipped that we would have liked more of an in depth explanation on. Another point being when we were given activities to complete, even though a nice break up to the lecture when the activities last for half of the alotted 3 hours, they felt like a bit of a waste of time. All in all I was happy with the course, I learnt a lot of valuable information that I have taken forward with me now and feel confident in moving forward with my career.
Thank you for your review on your Diploma experience at Ashdown Academy. We appreciate the time you have taken to write it and take all your comments on board for the future.
The Event Academy is rated 4.50 based on 98 reviews