The Event Academy Reviews

Business Design Centre
52 Upper St
London

Tell us how The Event Academy made you happy
(only JPEG and PNG files) (Optional)
The Event Academy introduced me to the Events Industry via a solid structure and foundation. This structure and foundation allowed me to incorporate skills from my previous work/life experiences and develop some new ones. Their vast contacts pool gave me options and great career start points which meant I could hit the ground running.
It gives me the opportunity to work in the Event Industry and to get into the creative agency I wanted.
lectures were amazing, felt like I've learnt so much in such a short time. Really good overall organization.
I cannot fault the tutors. Their enthusiasm for the content they are teaching is excellent - I felt it was very well organised, the timetable rarely changed, it was always clear what was going to be taught and the academy always met those objectives. I felt it was great having the one to one tutors and would suggest having more-
I recently completed the Diploma in Events Management and would recommend this to anybody looking to build upon their knowledge of the events industry. It's rare to find an events course that is not only accredited, but also taught by industry professionals. The tutors were approachable, knowledgeable and helped me feel prepared for the project assignment and exam. The Diploma was fun and engaging and I will be keeping in touch with my classmates - always a sign of a good course.
I chose this diploma because I was looking for a career change. The course gave me knowledge, motivation and confidence. After 3 months of joining the course, I got a position as an Event Coordinator in a venue. I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in a career in events. The staff and teachers are very helpful and professional. I really enjoyed this course and I am very happy of having chosen Ashdown Academy.
The Event Academy not only gave me the confidence I needed to continue pursing my events career, the course gave me experience which I was not exposed to prior to starting the course. The project is amazing (although stressful in the run up - but hey what event planning isn't). The experience of pitching to a company or charity is second to none. After completing the course, I honestly thought to myself 'I can conquer any events role'!
A bunch of experience lecturers. Learning approach and process excellent. Best place to be as if you're aiming to be an event architect.
This course has given me the opportunity and confidence to apply for a new job and succeed. I can't thank the Event Academy enough for the knowledge they have shared and for all the information I have learnt. It was a great three months and I advise anyone to take part if they want a future career in events!
The course content is very structured and in depth. It is particularly relevant to circumstances and scenarios in the real world with the material being presented in a way that introduces the student to a paradigm shift in how event management is to be approached for various types of events. Students, very early in the programme are made to realize the seriousness of the discipline and that it is not about arranging a few chairs. The course material introduces students to all relevant material and channels necessary for a successful event. This is serious business! The staff at all levels that the are responsive, very helpful, courteous and professional.
Choosing to study the Diploma in Events Management was the best decision I had ever made and all thanks to The Events Academy for making it possible. Not only have I grown in confidence however the support and wealth of knowledge and skills I received was priceless. The confidence I have now has made me even more fearless, determined and more passionate about the industry that I am working in. Right now I've launched my own bespoke cake company 'Beautiful Ornate Pieces' and we soon will be launching our brand new events service as well. So at this point in my career I'm eating cake and I'm loving it!
The exciting academic lay out.
() - Posted 3 years ago
Great teaching staff and experiences
(Create Live) - Posted 3 years ago
I enjoyed planning and organising events for friends and family in the past and all I wanted was a push in the right direction which is precisely what was achieved by Justine, Rebecca and Claire. I found the experience very encouraging. I would recommend Events Academy to anyone seeking a solid foundation upon which to base their decision to join the industry, or alternatively to offer a sound basis upon which to move forward having actually secured an events management position, like myself, but are new to the role. It was a wonderful experience and very helpful.
I started studying an EM in one of the London universities, but then dropped it after realising that there is too much reading and too little of actually doing. When I found Ashdown Academy, I was thrilled. PG is an amazing program for future events managers, suitable for those both with lots or less experience in events industry. At the end of the program, everyone will greatly improve. The program is challenging and will make anyone to push the boundaries. But at the end of the day, it how you finish will matter the most. A huge advantage of the program is that it offers a three-month placement within an events company of your choice. Thanks to the excellent network, tutors have been very supportive in choosing the right company even though there so many of them in London.
I went into the Foundation Course with minimal knowledge of Events management and came away feeling very prepared for my Event Manager role! Claire and Justine are fantastic, lovely ladies and I honestly cannot recommend them and this course enough. I am recommending this course to people around my workplace and my team. It would probably be beneficial to have some courses run in the North of England - or maybe even online.
The course is excellent. There is a thorough coverage of all aspects of event management, with lectures provided by the great Ashdown team, as well as their contacts of specialist guest lecturers. The live projects are enjoyable and varied, while the fast moving pace ensures constant personal development throughout the course. A particular strength of the course is the placement element; it is ensured that everyone gains a placement perfectly suited to their own interests and skills. The support given in securing the placement goes beyond expectation.
The Evant Academy is an excellent launch pad into the events industry. It's teaches you everything you'll need to know and offers you hands on experience. The courses are lots of fun but a lot of work!
I rated the course an overall "verygood" as I felt like there were some fundamental things that I learnt on the course that I wouldn't have been able to learn anywhere else. I feel prepared in some senses to go into the events word with a strong knowledge of what is what and how to do particular things. The course gives you a foot in the door into the events world which I think is fantastic !
The event course has been everything I expected specially with the professionalism and effort put in by the administration, the placement officer and the teachers. We as students had received all kind of support from each entity and that enabled us to have an effortless journey with Ashdown Academy. I personally enjoyed working on the projects. They were really challenging and difficult, but also enjoyable and very real. Getting a distinction on all three only reassured me how much I liked the course, the work and the material in general. The marking of the projects was very professional and the feedback, both individual and collective was very constructive. As for the exam, all of it was indeed CIM standard. The time allocated was just right and the examiners were really attentive and supportive. Overall, it was a professional exam. I have enjoyed taking part of this course and I have learned a lot from the professionals who taught it.
The Event Academy is rated 4.47 based on 92 reviews