Architectural Review Reviews

of reviewers recommend Architectural Review

Tell us how Architectural Review made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
I took a 12 month subscription in February and received one magazine. Twice. After several attempts to have the problem in your database rectified, the only option was to provide a different address which seems completely illogical given that I had received the first magazine. I have written to AR to cancel my subscription and have my money returned. Jelena Tranulis
I've been a subscriber for nearly 30 years. It always was good and it gets better and better. The range and location of projects has increased, the standard of writing is high and the images are always good
too many global issues and "the World could end soon" stuff. A bit like Readers Digest! Important, I know, and interesting but I will not be renewing subscription next time. I will favour something with emphasis on buildings.
I enjoy the essays on theory and the projects beyond the mainstream.
I pretty much love the content and everything built around the magazine for the community. Apart from that, it is a bit pricy, and the quarterly subscription is not very clear what is included. I subscribed and made the payment and I expected to be granted access to the magazine for 3 months and also to receive 3 printed issues and an extra issue as announced. Now I cancelled the subscription which was due to be renovated as soon as 24th this month, and I am not sure if I will be receiving the october issue and the extra one.
If so, almost 50 € for 2 issues, it seems quite expensive.

Best regards,
Ruben
Throughout my 35 year career as an architect, have always followed the critical thought-provoking commentary of AR but sometimes found it difficult to find time to settle into an issue as I balanced family life and sole proprietorship. But I always felt that AR had my intellectual back and provided a social justice depth not often found in mainstream journalism. Over the years I counted on your stimulating research and your survey of creative projects around the globe to bring hope, spirit and humanity to our architectural practice. Recently having sold my practice and now in process of reinventing myself, I take the time to read each issue with more intensity and to reflect more deeply on a world so in need of truth, love and hope. Thanks for your attention to quality and integrity in journalism.
Theory is consistent with examples
I subscribed to your magazine on May 8, and have not yet received a single issue. Why does it take so long?
Hi Bill, thank you for your feedback. It definitely shouldn't take that long for you to get the magazine. I've asked our subscriptions team to look into this for you and get back to you as soon as possible. If you have any further questions or issues, please get in contact with our customer services team at customerservices@architectural-review.com. Kind regards, The AR Team.
Doing great!
This is where the conversation is
I like the different kinds of paper used for different sections, it's a nice, tactile magazine.
This is a consistently good architectural publication.
Well written and presented articles. Current without being trendy. Very Good graphics and drawings and photographs
Still waiting the first print issue.....
Hi Jose, thank you for your feedback. A member of our customer services team (customerservices@architectural-review.com ) will be in contact shortly in order to assist you. Kind regards, The AR Team.
Payment system was tepramental and ended up charging me 3 times for subscription.
The Magazine is excellent , but get bamboozled by the AR administration on renewing my subscription. No warning of previous subs finished and having to start again.
Thanks
Good Content
Intelligent and thoughtful writing and interesting case studies.
Hi, please make your whole past archive available online. That is why I purchased the subscription (I'm an architectural historian) and it wasn't clear that your archive only goes back to the early 2000s. I cancelled my subscription one I realized that all back issues were only at RIBA.
multiple emails sent to query double charging on my AMEX card. less than satisfactory response to this correspondence. finally had to hand over to AMEX to investigate. as yet I have not received a printed copy of the latest issue. replies to my emails indicate a stock response and its evident that the problem was not understood or investigated thoroughly.
Hi Mark, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to learn of your experience. A member of our dedicated customer services team will be in contact shortly in order to assist. Kind regards, The AR Team.
Architectural Review is rated 3.75 based on 51 reviews