Architectural Review Reviews

58% of reviewers recommend Architectural Review

How would you rate Architectural Review?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Mr Povilas Jankunas
Verified Buyer
"Digging deeper into the concept of architecture and providing it through a neatly designed package, which is pleasing to the eye but also to the mind."
Mr Conrado Pintos
Verified Buyer
"I have been subscribed to AR for twenty years. When a number was missed the review used to apologize and replace it inmediatly. Now EMAP changed the rules and offers selling you the lost number or extend your subscription. Obviously they (you) do not care at all about dammaging a complete twenty years collection. Those are, at least bad manners. And you should be ashamed. PS. AR used to remind you when your subscription was ending so you could renew it. EMAP is probably too bussy and does not waste precious time in that kind of service."
Hi Mr. Pintos, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear of your disappointment, however can confirm that AR is still fully committed to replacing lost or damaged copies of the magazine for our subscribers. A member of our dedicated customer services team will be in contact shortly in order to investigate the matter further. Kind regards, The AR Team.
"I am not Ms David Beach. Mr would be nice!"
Hi David, apologies for the mix up. I can confirm your title has been updated. Should you experience any future issues, please feel free to contact our dedicated customer services team at customerservices@architectural-review.com. Kind regards, The AR Team.
"It is a magazine with many intriguing articles and with little advertises."
Lia Kiladis
Verified Buyer
"critical reviews of buildings with negative comments as well as positive ones worldwide scope of contemporary architecture history is not forgotten"
Verified Customer
Verified Buyer
"I love the graphic design of the magazine. Articles are of high quality."
Mr Brent Richards
Verified Buyer
"Coherent Diverse Comprehensive Great images and discourse"
Ms NIRMITA MEROTRA
Verified Buyer
"not recieved a single issue since my order placed in may 2017"
Hi Nirmita, Thank you for your feedback. A member of our dedicated customer services team will be in contact shortly in order to discuss the matter further. Kind regards, The AR Team
Mr Matthew Salenger
Verified Buyer
"good magazine, but horrid customer service when it comes to renewing a subscription. I entered my information correctly, but the website kept saying it was not valid. I reached out to get help via email, never got a response."
Mr M Christensen
Verified Buyer
"Your online subscription renewal system has charged us multiple times for each renewal in the last 4 years (2014-2017 inclusive). This has also happened to a number of architectural practices in Brisbane, Australia. Although you eventually refund the duplicated subscription charges, we have had to pay multiple international transaction fees to our bank. Whenever I email the subscription help address, it usually takes several days to receive a reply."
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and can confirm that we are investigating this issue as a matter of urgency. A member of our dedicated customer services team will be in contact shortly in order to discuss this further. Kind regards, The AR Team.
Mr Pedro Livni
Verified Buyer
"On July 22nd of this year I subscribed to receive the magazine and as of today, October 14th, I haven't received any copy."
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback a member of our customer services team will contact you today to help resolve the issue.

Thanks, EMAP Customer Services Team
"Well my first issue wasn't delivered, the second one arrived and they sent out a duplicate of the second one hen I asked for the first to be re-sent."
Hi there! Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to learn of the issue you have experienced. A member of our dedicated customer services team will be in contact shortly in order to assist you in this matter. Kind regards, The AR team.
"Seems to have lost its way somewhat recently, due perhaps to online competition."
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to learn of your disappointment with our brand and would be interested to learn what we could do to improve. Should you have any recommendations, I would ask that you email our dedicated customer services team at customerservices@architectural-review.com. Kind regards, The AR Team.
"Dear Sirs, it is with significant regret that I have to write these notes, but thank you very much for an opportunity to convey them. I have been a subscriber to AR back in the 80s, and again when I got established here in the US continuously from 2003. For years I considered AR to be the magazine without comparison in the world, and as my German friend said: "it saved him in the times of rampant PoMo hysteria". It was a magazine whose project selection I sometimes compared to my colleagues in other magazine when complementing them: "Your current release is almost as strong as an AR one." I appreciate the need to continue to reimagine the format and the content, but it looks to me that the level of intellectual rigor that I appreciated AR for, has been diluted with too many directions in the past 1-2 years. While some of these ideas such as Typology have kept the expected level of sophistication, others such as reputations, etc. seem to be hit and miss as writers biases over-influenced some articles. The current release of Facades is in my view spot on regarding the issues of the day, but somehow the whole selected material has not confirmed my excitement when starting to go through the magazine for several reasons. In the recent few months I have also noticed seeming trend to feature very extravagant basically resurgent PoMo designs, without the necessary sophistication required for a potentially fruitful discourse, which causes the recent professional angle of the magazine to be a slightly off putting. So again, I am truly sorry to have to write this honest opinion, as I have unfortunately recently considered a couple times ending my subscription. You have a lot of good current intentions to refresh the architectural discourse, and we all need a fresh view. However please do not lose what you presented on the world scene so successfully for so many years, architectural profession needs that sophisticated soundness today in a different way as much as it needed it in the late 80s."
Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your input and are disheartened to learn of your dissatisfaction with our brand. We will take your comments under review and consider how we can do better. Should you have any recommendations on how we could improve, I would ask that you email our dedicated customer services team at customerservices@architectural-review.com. Kind regards, The AR Team.
Mr Upul Kuruppu
Verified Buyer
"Good article , and review in deferant angeles"
Mrs Janet Saaiman
Verified Buyer
"Shows me what is happening all over the world"
Mr John Ferres
Verified Buyer
"Excellent coverage of world architecture trends"
"Thank you."
Mr Armand LeGardeur
Verified Buyer
"The articles are consistently interesting, well-written and insightful - which is a vast improvement over the flak dished out by the majority of the other design magazines."
Rittu Gambhir
Verified Buyer
"It gives to the point information"
Architectural Review is rated 3.54 based on 24 reviews