World of Books Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Read World of Books Reviews

About World of Books:

World Of Books Group is a circular economy, for-profit business that supports charities and protects the planet by enabling more goods to be reused. From a single bag of books we now re-home and recycle over 75 million used books a year. We buy books from charity shops and other sources, or through Ziffit – our App and website. We sell them on our own website and on other platforms – we are the largest volume seller on eBay globally. Our recycling partners turn unwanted books into other useful products – nothing goes to waste. This is supported by our own proprietary software platform which streamlines our processes. We also provide software services to charities and other re-sellers to help them maximise their e-commerce sales. As a recently accredited B Corp (Business For Good), we are growing quickly in the UK and internationally. With nearly 300,000 sq ft of warehouses in Cincinnati (US), West Sussex (UK) and a new state-of-the-art warehouse in Coventry (UK), sales in 2020 will be nearly £80 million.

Our company was founded on an ethos to do good, to help charities and to make a positive impact. We don’t believe that books should only be read once, or have a single owner. We want to share the love of literature by rereading and reusing books. This is why our prices are low and delivery is free - to help millions of used books find new homes in over 190 countries every year.

01903 507544

Tell us how World of Books made you happy
Just received general E-mail apologising for problems with delivery, personally my order was received ahead of delivery date for order. Excellent all books in good condition.
Hello, thanks for your review! We are pleased to hear that your order arrived speedily :) Thanks, World of Books
Never received my books and all my emails have been ignored. Don't bother ordering from them. Absolutely useless!
Hello, we can see that our team dealt with your request on the 12th for you. Thanks, World of Books
I have ordered three times from World of Books, through Amazon, and on each occasion the book was riddled with highlighting and pen annotation when the listing specifically said there would be none. I can only conclude that this is a dishonest company, 'trying it on' with unsuspecting buyers.
Hello, Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear this, please can you email customerservice@worldofbooks.com with the subject as REVIEWS along with your order number and we can investigate this further for you. Many thanks, World of Books
Book was advertised as in ‘good condition’. This is misleading as it smells of damp and the side pages have the beginnings of mould growth. Wish I had read the reviews on here before placing my order. Very disappointed and won’t be using the Company again. I have contacted their Customer Service Team today via email and will post a further review explaining how they have responded/dealt with matter.
Excellent service books in excellent condition value for money arrived within 3 days free delivery will certainly be using them again would recommend them good customer service
Hello, Thanks for your review. World of Books
Second time a book from World of Books has been advertised as very good condition, but has been very far from it. This one arrived with sticky brown stuff on the front cover. Last time I buy from them.
Ordered a 2-volume dictionary. Quite pricey. They only sent volume 1. No phone number to chase. Now I have to waste time trying to get volume 2. Really, really poor.
I've been using W.O.B now for a while... Excellent company, efficient service, quick delivery and great price too.. 100% recommend them. Brilliant! .
Hello, Thank you for your review. Many thanks, World of Books
I always use World of Books now. I have found some books on the site that I cant get anywhere else. Pre-owned books that are in great condition. If the site says the condition is Good, I would say its excellent! Their delivery is usually within 2-3 days. Great website for a book lover like me.
Hello, Thank you for your review! Many thanks, World of Books
I ordered two books total payment £15.95. The books were advised as being in very good condition. That is why I bought them. When they arrived, I was very disappointed. The sleeve was shabby, every page near enough mustard in colour. After reading reviews, I knew it would cause me stress, sending them back. Charity shops and car boots are better value and you can see what condition they are in. Wi not buy from this company again or recommend it.
Hello, Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear this. Did you reach out to our customer service team as they would have been happy to resolve this for you. Many thanks, world of Books
DO NOT TRUST!!!Likely scamming customers for nominal profits at a time. This business is as inefficient as it gets. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I made the online order for a couple of books. I got quick automated responses after making the purchase. I wait for the order. It doesn’t arrive on time, so I attempted to do a shipping query to customer service. After emailing, and using the proper channels to contact customer service, I received a very lackadaisical response. The response was different then the first set of emails I received. It was plain text and indicated that the books I purchased where not available and that I needed to select different books at equal value. The verbiage was a bit odd and made me feel like I made an error attempting to purchase from this business. This made no sense, as I received email saying these books were on the way 12 days before that. There was an order number and again that response was automated, fancy, so at the time I felt like the purchase was legit. In my confusion, I explained the situation again and simply asking for a refund, if they sold me books they didn’t have. Still waiting for a response, a package, a refund or anything that makes this purchase worth it. DO NOT WASTE TIME OR MONEY WITH WORLD OF BOOKS
Description accurate - books described as ‘very good’, really are! Despatch very speedy and delivery excellent. Prices very reasonable, and free postage appreciated.
Hello, Thank you for your 5-star review! Happy Reading. World of Books 📚♻💚💿
Placed 6 orders in March, 2 to Europe, 4 to Indonesia. The 2 to Europe arrived promptly, but the shipments to Indonesia seem to have fallen victim of transport disruption after covid19 spread and not 1 has arrived. After 2 emails, World of Books has fully refunded costs including shipping. Very fair response!
Hello, Thank you for your 5-star review! Happy Reading. World of Books 📚♻💚💿
World of books are my go to for second hand books I have used them for a long time now, and have only ever had one problem and that was sorted really quickly If you remember you are buying a second hand book, so it will have been read, but their descriptions are really good, and i have had books that are marked as well read that have looked perfect to me I would recommend to anyone
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! World of Books 📚♻💚💿
Great prices, fast delivery and love the ethos of the business with its BCorp values.
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! World of Books 📚♻💚💿
All the books i have purchased have been good condition and received promptly
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! World of Books 📚♻💚💿
I'm in two book groups and regularly buy books from World of Books. Quick service and books as described at a reasonable price. Need I say more?
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! World of Books 📚♻💚💿
Excellent collection of books at great prices. Free delivery which is a bonus and really quick delivery. I just wish the packaging was paper/cardboard instead of plastic and they would have got five stars.
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! World of Books 📚♻💚💿
I have never had any problem with any book off World of books always on time in fact delivered before the 3 to 5 days and I use free post and never had a problem with any of the books even when they are older than 10 years great service at a great price.
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! World of Books 📚♻💚💿
I'VE ORDER 4 TIMES NOW. Delivery were fast,quality of the products was as new yet prices were as for used. I'm super happy customer and recommend their service to everyone.
World of Books is rated 4.68 based on 2,269 reviews