Thornton & Lowe Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Thornton & Lowe

About Thornton & Lowe: Thornton & Lowe are Bid and Tender writing specialists. They supply bid writing services, bid writing support, bid team recruitment services and bid writing training courses.

01204238046

hello@thorntonandlowe.com

40 Higher Bridge Street

Tell us how Thornton & Lowe made you happy

"Charles worked with our small group that contained people with a variety of levels of experience of bid / tender writing. e all picked up useful tips and pointers and we should all be better placed to bid or submit tenders in the future. His knowledge and approachability were to key ingredients in making this a successful workshop. Thanks"
"I attended the one day course in Manchester. Charles is extremely knowledgeable on the subject and included a good mixture of discussion and interaction in the session. The course confirmed that we have a good approach in some areas however there are areas we can improve on . I have taken away some very useful tips to improve our future submissions. Highly recommended!"
"I attended the two day bidding and tendering masterclass in London. Prior to the class I was apprehensive as I work in an architectural practice so I thought it may not relate. However the content was very relevant and I learnt lots of tips and tricks that I am excited to implement. Charles was very friendly and approachable. This made me feel more relaxed, ask lots of questions and ultimately learn more. I would highly recommend this course."
"Thornton & Lowe, and in particular Adam & Maria, have been excellent to work with and have helped us to become ready to submit a tender application. In order to do this we have updated all of our business portfolio. Adam & Maria have a very positive attitude where everything is achievable. Both have a highly professional manner and are customer orientated which is essential for any service. Maria managed the process seamlessly for us and maintained the impetus to ensure timescales were met. Job well done, thank you! Thanks"
"I attended the 1 day course, which was fantastic. I have nothing but praise for this course! It was the right mix of power-point and interaction and was really relaxed which always helps. Charles was incredibly knowledgeable on this subject and was ready to answer any question! I took away so much from this course and am really looking forward to putting it into practice."
"I attended a fabulous CPD event: 'Developing and Writing the Content of Your Bid' with Charles Grosstephan. It was a great training course - and one which will be extremely helpful in my job. The course was well organised and the delivery was excellent - thanks for a great day!"
"Excellent. Really informative, and delivered in a professional and engaging manner."
"Thornton & Lowe have been helping up become a Tier 1 Contractor. Earlier in the year they helped us become tender ready - we now have a great portfolio of template docs that we can call upon as required. We have recently signed up to their bid success programme, so they can help us with frameworks and tendering to help us grow the business to the next level. We submitted our first framework bid with them this week - they made the process effortless and nothing was too much to ask, fingers crossed we will be successful. So far I cannot speak highly enough of them and strongly recommend T&L to any business that needs help with bid writing - money well spent in my opinion. Thanks so much Adam & Tom :-)"
"I attended the 2 day bid course with Charles and it was very informative and interesting. As well as being taught new ideas and processes it was beneficial to have ideas refreshed and built on further. The atmosphere was relaxed with lots of discussions and interaction to challenge your ideas and get you thinking. Several other participants and I said that they felt sometimes that bid writing isn't necessarily understood by everyone outside of the role so it was nice to be able to meet other bid writers. I've definitely felt that what I learnt there was immediately useful to my own role and also the wider team around me. On a separate note, the food at the Birmingham location was very good!"
"The 2 day masterclass with Charles was not what I expected. It was really educating and, surprisingly, enjoyable! Most courses I have attended are structured in the traditional classroom style, with little interaction due to the lack of encouragement. Charles was encouraging and challenging which, I felt, allowed myself to really interact between other attendees and consider the habits that might be present when doing bids and tenders. Having taken the course nearly two months ago, I really believe I have done much better with tenders answering questions in a more efficient and effective way than before. Overall I thought it was a course great for its value, and would definitely recommend."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the 2-day masterclass with Charles. Even though I was from a very different organisation to the other delegates, I found the course very informative, useful and enjoyable."
"Although I have been involved in bids for a while, there were things that I felt could be changed to help with the process. The 2 day course that I recently attended in Birmingham, covered the areas that I wanted to look at in more detail and will certainly help me moving forward. The content and style of the presentation was very good and it certainly wasn't death by power point, as I have experienced in the past. I would recommend the training to anyone looking to gain experience in this area, or anyone looking for new ideas to be more successful on bids."
"I have just returned from a 2 day Masterclass with Charles. I was concerned it would be geared towards more experienced bid writers but I found it to be very accessible regardless of experience level. It was highly informative yet very relaxed, a perfect combination."
"I recently completed the 2-day Masterclass with Charles in London and found the course very interesting and beneficial. I highly recommend this course if you are interested in a career managing bids or if you are looking to gain more knowledge around the process. I attended the course with little knowledge of bids and left feeling confident and prepared to take on the challenge. Charles was professional, knowledgeable and very welcoming encouraging group discussions and exercises."
"The 2 day bidding and tender masterclass I attended in September 2018 was fantastic. Really informative, with lots of great discussion and knowledge sharing among the attendees, facilitated and led by Charles who was professional, knowledgeable and great fun. Having been in the role of bidding and tendering for a year, it was great to get another perspective on how making small changes can make all the difference, best practice, feedback from buyers and tips and tricks for how to stand out. I would highly recommend the course to anyone involved in the bid/ tender process, regardless of just starting out or a seasoned professional."
"Very helpful 2 day bidding and tendering masterclass. Charles was able to give me a much better understanding of the bid writing process, whilst also making the training really engaging. I would definitely recommend Thornton & Lowe to anyone involved in bid writing."
"Really useful bid writing course (2 day). Charles lead the teaching, and was able to make the topic accessible and interesting to a group with a broad range of experience. So many useful tips after attending this course that will be invaluable with bid writing going forward. Thanks for a great couple of days."
"After deciding to relocate up North, I put my CV on the various job sites and spent hours trawling through a minefield of potential jobs i could apply for. A few days after putting my CV online I was contacted by Chris at Thornton & Lowe, he had found a job that fit my CV with a company that could use my experience. Chris stayed in continuous contact throughout the 3 stage interview process, he offered advice, guidance and was quick to respond to any quires. I would definitely recommend Thornton & Lowe if you are a bid professional, I transferred from bidding in the waste industry to the vehicle manufacturing industry, a gap I would not have been able to bridge as easily without Chris and the Thornton & Lowe team."
"We have attended contracts related courses through other providers in the past and left feeling a little underwhelmed by the content and level of engagement. The 2 day bidding and tendering masterclass was above and beyond our expectations and our team learned a lot over the duration of this course. Charles was very approachable and ensured there were plenty of opportunities for discussion whilst providing an impressive level of insight into the bidding and tendering process. This has left us feeling a lot more confident going forward. Highly recommended and we will be keeping an eye out for any suitable courses through Thornton & Lowe in the future"
"Great 2 day bid & tender course. Really useful and very engaging. Charles manages to make bid writing exciting!"
Thornton & Lowe is rated 4.96 based on 67 reviews