Thornton & Lowe Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Thornton & Lowe

About Thornton & Lowe: Thornton & Lowe are Bid and Tender writing specialists. They supply bid writing services, bid writing support, bid team recruitment services and bid writing training courses.

01204238046

hello@thorntonandlowe.com

40 Higher Bridge Street

How would you rate Thornton & Lowe ?

Kevin Seeley
Verified Reviewer
"I attended a 2 day masterclass course in June 2018 - Charles has a vast industry and bid writing knowledge which is evident throughout the course material. A very good 2 days and worthwhile attending. Thank you"
Treena Millington, D Turner & Son Ltd
Verified Reviewer
"I attended a one day bid management course in Manchester which I found engaging, informative with an element of fun. A truly positive and enjoyable day with really helpful advice that I will take away and use. Spot on, thanks!"
Adam Nagy, Ground Control
Verified Reviewer
"I found the two day bid management course, delivered by Charles Grosstephan, informative and well planned and presented. Charles' experience and knowledge meant that he was able to relate the content to the real world. I would have no hesitation in attending another Thornton and Lowe training session or recommending the bid management course to others. Thanks Charles!"
Annamarie Balram
Verified Reviewer
"I recently attended a 2 day Bid & Tender writing Masterclass in Birmingham. The training was excellent and relevant. The delivery, knowledge and professionalism was spot on. I have learnt more in those 2 days than I have in 25 yrs on bid writing!"
Fee Smith, Quality Assurance Manager, E Sidwell Ltd
Verified Reviewer
"Excellent communication and discussion at every step of the process; from when we set things in motion and were dealing with Tom, through the initial telephone 'meet and greet' with Adam and the whole nitty-gritty of the bid-writing process with Natasha. It definitely took the headache away from us and the end result was exactly what we would have wanted to write ourselves............if only we had known what we were doing! Thanks guys, it's been a pleasure."
Maggie Wallis, HR Manager. Angloco Limited
Verified Reviewer
"Having recently used Thornton & Lowe's bid team recruitment service I can definitely recommend them. I found Chris Turner's professionalism and work ethic to be second to none. His understanding of the role and candidate skills we required made the recruitment process very efficient and supportive, with the benefit of high calibre candidates to choose from for interview selection. I have been very happy with the overall process and would not hesitate to work with Chris again for any future positions."
"The communication has been very good, and responsiveness on a significant opportunity that needed to be turned around very quickly was excellent. Particular mention to Thomas Daniel, who has been very pro-active and helpful."
"I recently completed the one day Bid Writing course delivered by Charles Grosstephan in London. Having previously attended a different training course with Thornton & Lowe I had high hopes and I was not disappointed. The learning material and, in particular, the practical exercises were very good at underpinning the theory. Charles himself is a wealth of best practice knowledge and able to relate to all attendees no matter how varied our workplaces were. This adds real value to the training as you know it's not just delivered by qualified trainers but by people with current, real life experience in both the writing and managing of bids and also from the procurement side too. A must for any bid writer."
"Delivered an extremely informative training course in relation to bid writing. It was interactive and inclusive, Charles created a great atmosphere where everyone felt very relaxed about contributing to discussions. Feel more confident about how to approach the bid that I need to complete now. Load of examples, insights and scenarios which really open your eyes to the simple pitfalls that can be fallen into. Many thanks"
Kathryn Brown
Verified Reviewer
"I attended a Bid Writing training course delivered by Charles Grosstephan at Thornton & Lowe. This course was by far one of the best I have attended! The day was engaging and interactive, providing a detailed look into how to apply the right techniques when writing the bid. The activities throughout the day allowed us to apply new or developed knowledge to real bid scenarios with plenty of time for discussion around certain topics of interest to the individual delegates attending the course. Charles was extremely friendly and had a great approach to delivering the training. I recommend this course to anyone in a Bid Writing/Coordination/Management role. Thank you for an insightful and educational day!"
"I recently attended a 1 day bid writing course with Charles. I found the day very engaging and easy to follow and the information, guidance and exercises really useful. Whether you are a bid novice like me or you have been writing bids for years, I highly recommend you attend this course."
Stan Afflick
Verified Reviewer
"Just completed a 2 day Bid & Tender writing Master Class in Birmingham. The skilled and experienced facilitators approach was very engaging as the group were encouraged to contribute to the gain of us all. Brilliant content and exercises and the 2 days were timed well to keep us all receptive and pro-active. The venue was excellent - all breaks well catered for with quality food, beverages and surroundings. Genuine thanks to our trainer Charles and the rest of our diverse group from whom I learned a lot - can't wait for the next bid with my course inspired bid-pipeline at the ready!"
Monique Goldsmith - Bid Manager, ACE Consultants
Verified Reviewer
"I contacted Chris at Thornton & Lowe after receiving an email regarding their specialist bid recruitment services. We were looking to appoint a Graduate Bid Coordinator to join our team in Bristol, so the email was well timed. Chris made an initial call to discuss the role and the type of candidate that we were looking for. Suitable candidates were sent back to me within 24 hours for us to shortlist. Chris then arranged the interview and assessment process for us despite a tight timeline and was always on hand to answer questions and provide feedback. As with many Bid Managers, my time was regularly restricted by deadlines, so Chris' commitment to working with us on the recruitment process was invaluable. I would recommend Chris and Thornton & Lowe to any business who are looking to recruit."
Sharon Huckstep
Unverified Reviewer
"Thank you for all of your help and support in finding me the right position. I really appreciate all of your assistance and perseverance! It was great to know that Chris was there to assist me in finding my next role and one that was the right fit not only for me but also for my new employer."
Philip Pauley, Director. Pauley Innovation
Unverified Reviewer
"We contacted Thornton & Lowe after hearing about their specialist recruitment services for the bid and tender sector. From the outset, Chris Turner took the time to listen to our requirements, discuss a salary range, draft a full job description with us and come up with a list of essential and desirable skills for the role. Once we had agreed on a specification for the candidate, Chris set about sourcing for us. Within the first few days, we received a selection of candidates which we then shortlisted for interviews. Thornton & Lowe managed the entire interview schedule, as well as providing references in advance for the candidates we selected. I would whole-heartedly recommend both Chris and Thornton & Lowe and look forward to working together in the future."
Nicholas Bouwer
Verified Reviewer
"I was approached by Chris Turner who showed a clear understanding of the hiring organisation and the specifics of the role, rather than a generic version of the role. Chris was supportive and prompt through all of our dealings. Every aspect was easy. I went from first discussion to job offer in a span of about two weeks due to Chris's work ethic and professionalism."
Patsy Murphy
Verified Reviewer
"I recently attended a 1 day Bid Writing course and found the information and guidance extremely useful. I will be able to utilise what I have learnt into producing bids."
"I recently did the one day bid writing course with Charles and thoroughly enjoyed it. The guidance was clear and informative and the day moved at a perfect pace for me. It confirmed that some of the things I was already doing are good given me some new thoughts and suggestions to take away and apply to future projects. The venue itself was great and the refreshments and lunch were lovely."
Nicola Guest, Alchemy Metals
Verified Reviewer
"Recently attended the 2 day bid masterclass with Charles, clear, concise and interesting content, came away with loads of great ideas and a completely different approach to our bids. We also used the bid review service for a first major tender after training, money thoroughly well spent as we were awarded the contract. You can’t ask for any more than that."
Thornton & Lowe is rated 4.96 based on 28 reviews