Thornton & Lowe Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Thornton & Lowe

About Thornton & Lowe: Thornton & Lowe are Bid and Tender writing specialists. They supply bid writing services, bid writing support, bid team recruitment services and bid writing training courses.

01204238046

hello@thorntonandlowe.com

40 Higher Bridge Street

How would you rate Thornton & Lowe ?

"The 2 day masterclass with Charles was not what I expected. It was really educating and, surprisingly, enjoyable! Most courses I have attended are structured in the traditional classroom style, with little interaction due to the lack of encouragement. Charles was encouraging and challenging which, I felt, allowed myself to really interact between other attendees and consider the habits that might be present when doing bids and tenders. Having taken the course nearly two months ago, I really believe I have done much better with tenders answering questions in a more efficient and effective way than before. Overall I thought it was a course great for its value, and would definitely recommend."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the 2-day masterclass with Charles. Even though I was from a very different organisation to the other delegates, I found the course very informative, useful and enjoyable."
"Although I have been involved in bids for a while, there were things that I felt could be changed to help with the process. The 2 day course that I recently attended in Birmingham, covered the areas that I wanted to look at in more detail and will certainly help me moving forward. The content and style of the presentation was very good and it certainly wasn't death by power point, as I have experienced in the past. I would recommend the training to anyone looking to gain experience in this area, or anyone looking for new ideas to be more successful on bids."
"I have just returned from a 2 day Masterclass with Charles. I was concerned it would be geared towards more experienced bid writers but I found it to be very accessible regardless of experience level. It was highly informative yet very relaxed, a perfect combination."
"I recently completed the 2-day Masterclass with Charles in London and found the course very interesting and beneficial. I highly recommend this course if you are interested in a career managing bids or if you are looking to gain more knowledge around the process. I attended the course with little knowledge of bids and left feeling confident and prepared to take on the challenge. Charles was professional, knowledgeable and very welcoming encouraging group discussions and exercises."
"The 2 day bidding and tender masterclass I attended in September 2018 was fantastic. Really informative, with lots of great discussion and knowledge sharing among the attendees, facilitated and led by Charles who was professional, knowledgeable and great fun. Having been in the role of bidding and tendering for a year, it was great to get another perspective on how making small changes can make all the difference, best practice, feedback from buyers and tips and tricks for how to stand out. I would highly recommend the course to anyone involved in the bid/ tender process, regardless of just starting out or a seasoned professional."
"Very helpful 2 day bidding and tendering masterclass. Charles was able to give me a much better understanding of the bid writing process, whilst also making the training really engaging. I would definitely recommend Thornton & Lowe to anyone involved in bid writing."
"Really useful bid writing course (2 day). Charles lead the teaching, and was able to make the topic accessible and interesting to a group with a broad range of experience. So many useful tips after attending this course that will be invaluable with bid writing going forward. Thanks for a great couple of days."
"After deciding to relocate up North, I put my CV on the various job sites and spent hours trawling through a minefield of potential jobs i could apply for. A few days after putting my CV online I was contacted by Chris at Thornton & Lowe, he had found a job that fit my CV with a company that could use my experience. Chris stayed in continuous contact throughout the 3 stage interview process, he offered advice, guidance and was quick to respond to any quires. I would definitely recommend Thornton & Lowe if you are a bid professional, I transferred from bidding in the waste industry to the vehicle manufacturing industry, a gap I would not have been able to bridge as easily without Chris and the Thornton & Lowe team."
"We have attended contracts related courses through other providers in the past and left feeling a little underwhelmed by the content and level of engagement. The 2 day bidding and tendering masterclass was above and beyond our expectations and our team learned a lot over the duration of this course. Charles was very approachable and ensured there were plenty of opportunities for discussion whilst providing an impressive level of insight into the bidding and tendering process. This has left us feeling a lot more confident going forward. Highly recommended and we will be keeping an eye out for any suitable courses through Thornton & Lowe in the future"
"Great 2 day bid & tender course. Really useful and very engaging. Charles manages to make bid writing exciting!"
"Great masterclass on Bid & Tender training. Very knowledgeable and informative. I would recommend using Thornton & Lowe again."
"A lovely piece of work. The turn around was amazing. Over 2000 words in 2 days. I would recommend for anyone struggling through the bidding the process. Thank God for Thornton & Lowe"
"Excellent 2 day bid and tender masterclass. I picked up some good tips and have a much better understanding of bids and tenders from a buyers perspective. Would recommend to those who would like to learn more about the recipe for a winning bid."
"I did the one day bid writing course back in February this year 2018 not long after starting in my current role. My current employer had no previous history of responding to or participating in tenders - so I came into my role completely cold with no history or response library to call on. The Thornton & Lowe one day course was intense, interesting and challenging, and I came away with lots of ideas that I have since put into practice. I am reviewing and targeting PQQs and ITTs and responding only to those that are completely relevant to us. Since completing the course I have reviewed over 39 tenders and on the ones I have chosen to respond to have had a 25% success rate. Not a bad hit rate for 6 months in a brand new role! Through the course I have learned that the feedback on the unsuccessful bids is invaluable and have used it to help identify some show stoppers and also taken the constructive comments to improve other written sections. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the course to anyone involved in bid writing. The course is structured to help both newcomers to the discipline and also experienced bid writers giving a different perspective and a refresh on approach."
"An excellent company to work with on a number of tender submissions. They offer a 1 : 1 service and we have developed an excellent working relationship with Maria and her team. Without doubt I would recommend Thornton and Lowe to anyone to asked me. Our last Tender result was 100% (July 2018) this was exceptional ! and was down to a great working relationship with the company."
"I really benefited from the bid writing course I did with Thornton & Lowe. Apart from anything, it gave me more confidence in writing bids. I was quite intimidated by the process before the training but the course helped me to understand the process and feel more equipped to apply for bids."
"A very thought-provoking day at the bid writing course. Pitched at exactly the right level with an appropriate pace and several interactive activities to maintain engagement. Charles' personality made everyone feel at ease which resulted in our group of 7 leaving with excellent tips and tricks to apply to future bids. Thanks a lot!"
"To cover a vast topic in one day was awesome and the content and detail was simply spot on! Enjoyed the course leaps and bounds and would recommend it to those involved with bids and tenders how ever big or small!"
"Two day bid writing course delivered to a team of 6 by Charles. Excellent from start to finish, all participants fully engaged and course content was thought provoking and covered all elements of bid writing. Feel I'm a much better position now to work through the next bid that may land on my desk! Would highly recommend this course for those wishing to develop their bid writing skills and knowledge base further."
Thornton & Lowe is rated 4.97 based on 58 reviews