Thornton & Lowe Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Thornton & Lowe

About Thornton & Lowe: Thornton & Lowe are Bid and Tender writing specialists. They supply bid writing services, bid writing support, bid team recruitment services and bid writing training courses.

01204238046

hello@thorntonandlowe.com

40 Higher Bridge Street

Tell us how Thornton & Lowe made you happy

"This really was an eye opener to the hard work needed in not only the bid writing but the preparation for your tender. Charles explained it so well and I came out feeling a lot more confident in how to prepare my bids. this is an excellent course and I will definitely be recommend it to any looking to gain more experience with preparing and writing a tender."
"I attended the 2-day Bid & Tender Masterclass Course in Manchester. Charles was extremely informative and delivered the course in a very professional manner, leaving me feeling confident and ready for our next Bid. Thank you for a most enjoyable 2 days!"
"I thought the course was excellent and definitely worth the time and money spent by our company. The last exercise alone served to demonstrate the effectiveness of the content and knowledge gained over the two days. Stanley Security"
"I contacted Thornton & Lowe through an online search for specialist bid recruitment services. We’ve previously had mixed results with general recruitment agencies and we were interested in a more targeted approach to finding our Bid Writer. I was contacted by Chris Turner, who took the time to draft a candidate profile and revised job description for us. We discussed the specifics such as essential/desirable skills and the types of sector experience that we were looking for. The search proved difficult but we managed to find the right candidate for the role with Chris’s help. Thank you for your help and support throughout the process."
"I attended a bid training course in Birmingham with Thornton & Lowe. I've worked in bids for just over three years and used the training course as a well-needed refresher. Charles delivers an insightful and interactive training session, going over best practice, tips for the whole bid process and how to write/put together a winning tender. I would definitely recommend the course to anybody currently pursuing a career in bids."
"I attended the two day bid masterclass in Manchester during January and found the course really useful. Charles put the group at ease and I thought there was a good balance of powerpoint, discussion and exercises. The course confirmed some processes we already had in place which was reassuring, but I also came away with a lot of tips and advice which will prove useful for the future. Charles also welcomed specific questions/queries I had from my own work experience which was generous. The venue was also fantastic - all in all, a really good two days!"
"Thank you for great service! Thornton and Lowe were polite and responded quickly to all of our queries. They kept us informed at all times- it was a pleasure working with them. Many thanks to Tom and the team."
"Thornton and Lowe mobilised very quickly for us, allowing us to complete a bid in a very short space of time. They quickly pulled out our unique selling points and managed to reiterate this through the bid. They worked to agreed deadlines and produced quality work. Regular communication was required and this was met and exceeded. We enjoyed working with them"
"Charles worked with our small group that contained people with a variety of levels of experience of bid / tender writing. e all picked up useful tips and pointers and we should all be better placed to bid or submit tenders in the future. His knowledge and approachability were to key ingredients in making this a successful workshop. Thanks"
"I attended the one day course in Manchester. Charles is extremely knowledgeable on the subject and included a good mixture of discussion and interaction in the session. The course confirmed that we have a good approach in some areas however there are areas we can improve on . I have taken away some very useful tips to improve our future submissions. Highly recommended!"
"I attended the two day bidding and tendering masterclass in London. Prior to the class I was apprehensive as I work in an architectural practice so I thought it may not relate. However the content was very relevant and I learnt lots of tips and tricks that I am excited to implement. Charles was very friendly and approachable. This made me feel more relaxed, ask lots of questions and ultimately learn more. I would highly recommend this course."
"Thornton & Lowe, and in particular Adam & Maria, have been excellent to work with and have helped us to become ready to submit a tender application. In order to do this we have updated all of our business portfolio. Adam & Maria have a very positive attitude where everything is achievable. Both have a highly professional manner and are customer orientated which is essential for any service. Maria managed the process seamlessly for us and maintained the impetus to ensure timescales were met. Job well done, thank you! Thanks"
"I attended the 1 day course, which was fantastic. I have nothing but praise for this course! It was the right mix of power-point and interaction and was really relaxed which always helps. Charles was incredibly knowledgeable on this subject and was ready to answer any question! I took away so much from this course and am really looking forward to putting it into practice."
"I attended a fabulous CPD event: 'Developing and Writing the Content of Your Bid' with Charles Grosstephan. It was a great training course - and one which will be extremely helpful in my job. The course was well organised and the delivery was excellent - thanks for a great day!"
"Excellent. Really informative, and delivered in a professional and engaging manner."
"Thornton & Lowe have been helping up become a Tier 1 Contractor. Earlier in the year they helped us become tender ready - we now have a great portfolio of template docs that we can call upon as required. We have recently signed up to their bid success programme, so they can help us with frameworks and tendering to help us grow the business to the next level. We submitted our first framework bid with them this week - they made the process effortless and nothing was too much to ask, fingers crossed we will be successful. So far I cannot speak highly enough of them and strongly recommend T&L to any business that needs help with bid writing - money well spent in my opinion. Thanks so much Adam & Tom :-)"
"I attended the 2 day bid course with Charles and it was very informative and interesting. As well as being taught new ideas and processes it was beneficial to have ideas refreshed and built on further. The atmosphere was relaxed with lots of discussions and interaction to challenge your ideas and get you thinking. Several other participants and I said that they felt sometimes that bid writing isn't necessarily understood by everyone outside of the role so it was nice to be able to meet other bid writers. I've definitely felt that what I learnt there was immediately useful to my own role and also the wider team around me. On a separate note, the food at the Birmingham location was very good!"
"The 2 day masterclass with Charles was not what I expected. It was really educating and, surprisingly, enjoyable! Most courses I have attended are structured in the traditional classroom style, with little interaction due to the lack of encouragement. Charles was encouraging and challenging which, I felt, allowed myself to really interact between other attendees and consider the habits that might be present when doing bids and tenders. Having taken the course nearly two months ago, I really believe I have done much better with tenders answering questions in a more efficient and effective way than before. Overall I thought it was a course great for its value, and would definitely recommend."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the 2-day masterclass with Charles. Even though I was from a very different organisation to the other delegates, I found the course very informative, useful and enjoyable."
"Although I have been involved in bids for a while, there were things that I felt could be changed to help with the process. The 2 day course that I recently attended in Birmingham, covered the areas that I wanted to look at in more detail and will certainly help me moving forward. The content and style of the presentation was very good and it certainly wasn't death by power point, as I have experienced in the past. I would recommend the training to anyone looking to gain experience in this area, or anyone looking for new ideas to be more successful on bids."
Thornton & Lowe is rated 4.96 based on 75 reviews