Thornton & Lowe Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Thornton & Lowe

About Thornton & Lowe: Thornton & Lowe are Bid and Tender writing specialists. They supply bid writing services, bid writing support, bid team recruitment services and bid writing training courses.

01204238046

hello@thorntonandlowe.com

40 Higher Bridge Street

How would you rate Thornton & Lowe?

"I recently attended a 1 day bid writing course with Charles. I found the day very engaging and easy to follow and the information, guidance and exercises really useful. Whether you are a bid novice like me or you have been writing bids for years, I highly recommend you attend this course."
Stan Afflick
Verified Reviewer
"Just completed a 2 day Bid & Tender writing Master Class in Birmingham. The skilled and experienced facilitators approach was very engaging as the group were encouraged to contribute to the gain of us all. Brilliant content and exercises and the 2 days were timed well to keep us all receptive and pro-active. The venue was excellent - all breaks well catered for with quality food, beverages and surroundings. Genuine thanks to our trainer Charles and the rest of our diverse group from whom I learned a lot - can't wait for the next bid with my course inspired bid-pipeline at the ready!"
Monique Goldsmith - Bid Manager, ACE Consultants
Verified Reviewer
"I contacted Chris at Thornton & Lowe after receiving an email regarding their specialist bid recruitment services. We were looking to appoint a Graduate Bid Coordinator to join our team in Bristol, so the email was well timed. Chris made an initial call to discuss the role and the type of candidate that we were looking for. Suitable candidates were sent back to me within 24 hours for us to shortlist. Chris then arranged the interview and assessment process for us despite a tight timeline and was always on hand to answer questions and provide feedback. As with many Bid Managers, my time was regularly restricted by deadlines, so Chris' commitment to working with us on the recruitment process was invaluable. I would recommend Chris and Thornton & Lowe to any business who are looking to recruit."
Sharon Huckstep
Unverified Reviewer
"Thank you for all of your help and support in finding me the right position. I really appreciate all of your assistance and perseverance! It was great to know that Chris was there to assist me in finding my next role and one that was the right fit not only for me but also for my new employer."
Philip Pauley, Director. Pauley Innovation
Unverified Reviewer
"We contacted Thornton & Lowe after hearing about their specialist recruitment services for the bid and tender sector. From the outset, Chris Turner took the time to listen to our requirements, discuss a salary range, draft a full job description with us and come up with a list of essential and desirable skills for the role. Once we had agreed on a specification for the candidate, Chris set about sourcing for us. Within the first few days, we received a selection of candidates which we then shortlisted for interviews. Thornton & Lowe managed the entire interview schedule, as well as providing references in advance for the candidates we selected. I would whole-heartedly recommend both Chris and Thornton & Lowe and look forward to working together in the future."
Nicholas Bouwer
Verified Reviewer
"I was approached by Chris Turner who showed a clear understanding of the hiring organisation and the specifics of the role, rather than a generic version of the role. Chris was supportive and prompt through all of our dealings. Every aspect was easy. I went from first discussion to job offer in a span of about two weeks due to Chris's work ethic and professionalism."
Patsy Murphy
Verified Reviewer
"I recently attended a 1 day Bid Writing course and found the information and guidance extremely useful. I will be able to utilise what I have learnt into producing bids."
"I recently did the one day bid writing course with Charles and thoroughly enjoyed it. The guidance was clear and informative and the day moved at a perfect pace for me. It confirmed that some of the things I was already doing are good given me some new thoughts and suggestions to take away and apply to future projects. The venue itself was great and the refreshments and lunch were lovely."
Nicola Guest, Alchemy Metals
Verified Reviewer
"Recently attended the 2 day bid masterclass with Charles, clear, concise and interesting content, came away with loads of great ideas and a completely different approach to our bids. We also used the bid review service for a first major tender after training, money thoroughly well spent as we were awarded the contract. You can’t ask for any more than that."
Royden Walters - Social Link Recruitment
Verified Reviewer
"I thorughly enjoyed the 2 day Bid and Tender writing course! Charles was really approachable and although there were far more experienced attendees, the course was engaging and eveyone attending felt confortable to ask questions and put forward ideas - it was just great. Thanks to Charles and the rest of Thornton & Lowe."
Sarah @ Access Training
Verified Reviewer
"The two day bid writing course was brilliant. I had very little knowledge prior to attending and I came away with so much knowledge and information. There is a lot that I can put into immediate practice. Charles was an excellent tutor."
"Excellent course, really enjoyed it and took a lot from it."
Grahame Walsh
Unverified Reviewer
"excellent trainer, excellent course also made us realise how we can improve some of our day to day tasks"
Sharn Anderson
Verified Reviewer
"A fantastic course delivered in a clear and informative manner. Would highly recommend to colleagues and will be looking at future courses myself."
Linda Balogh
Verified Reviewer
"An engaging and very useful course. Loads of tricks and tips learned. Surely recommended."
Brian Harrison
Verified Reviewer
"The course was very well delivered, with delegate participation and an engaging and interesting facilitator. The pace of the 2 days was very good and overall it gave me the impetus to review previous bids I have been involved in as well as a clear understanding of what to expect and what is recommended for future bids. I would highly recommend the course to colleagues."
Gemma Harper
Verified Reviewer
"Excellent course, found it really interesting. Very informative, lots of useful tips and ideas taken away from the training. Would highly recommend!"
Thornton & Lowe is rated 5.00 based on 17 reviews