The Sash Window Man Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Sash Window Man
Read The Sash Window Man Reviews

Tell us how The Sash Window Man made you happy
Absolute professionals — fast, efficient, clean/tidy, respectful team — and really beautiful results. So happy :)
Brilliant service and excellent quality. This is the third time I’ve used Sash Window Man. Consistently excellent.
I had the full service and redecorate of three large sash windows in October 2019 and I am very disappointed with the quality of the interior paintwork, which had started to flake and split on all three windows before a year was out. I had expected (but not checked) the redecoration to be done with oil-based (gloss) paint, but they used some kind of acrylic paint instead. I've had them back to look at the work in October 2020, and they said they would get their decorator back in to patch the windows where they have flaked..but its nearly the end of December and I'm still waiting... On the positive side the windows move much more easily and are more draughtproof, but I am really not happy to be needing to have them repainted within 18 months of the original work.
Sash Window Man made an excellent job all round of repairing and restoring the function and finish to our 10 old/stuck/rotted/damaged sash windows: arrived on time to discuss what work was needed/possible and to measure up; provided a detailed quote that could be easily understood, with options; set a clear timetable for the work and stuck to it, while keeping us up to date with progress reports; had energetic young tradesmen with modern tools doing the work, who were careful about using protective sheets over our stuff and cleaning up after themselves; all appropriately covid-cautious; delivered all work (replace/renew/rebuild/maintain/repaint) to spec and to a high standard; stuck to the quoted price. We have 10 fully-working, draught-proof, well-decorated sash windows for the first time in 20 years.
Extremely pleased with the work undertaken to refurbish the sash windows in my property – it has certainly made a significant difference to the heat retention. I received a very professional end-to-end service from The Sash Window Man, which started with an initial site visit that was in no way an aggressive sales push. I felt I received a clear and honest assessment of what was required – a couple of sashes needing replacing but most were suitable for refurb. The work that followed was undertaken to a high standard – undertaken by friendly people who were happy to explain things to me and who also undertook one or two additional adjustments which was very much appreciated. Everything was done on time as scheduled. Really pleased with my decision to use this company as in my eyes they provided great value for money. Would gladly recommend them to friends / colleagues (… and anyone else who wants to listen !)
Excellent service. A good first visit with a number of recommendations made and less work needed than I thought. Then very clear communication throughout, and the final work was done quickly, quietly and with excellent cleaning up to boot. We will definitely use the Sash Window Man again and recommend them to others.
Sash Window Man was recommenced to me. The first appointment to assess the work to be carried out was with Dave. I cannot speak highly enough of Sash window Man. Customer Care, excellent, taking the time to explain the disrepair and repair required, very transparent. I had the works to my sash window completed today. Many thanks Matt came earlier which I very much appreciate. Matt has just completed the sash window repairs/fittings etc. I am very happy with such a high standard of work; the craftsmanship is exceptional. Matt has done a great job and is calm persona made the whole experience stressless.
Ditto all the positive comments on here and that if there is a weak spot it's the separate painter bit. I'm thrilled with my new windows and found the Sash Window Man part of the service terrific from start to end. It's rare to find companies running on principles of integrity and openness these days. Old fashioned values. They actually were trustworthy and not looking to take advantage of those who knew less about window repairs but to help them feel confident about what to expect and why. And then did what they said. The windows now look great and it's just lovely to have them run freely and smoothly, they are a joy to move now. Plus they are just the right look. Repaired beautiful originals complemented with a few new bits. And bloody working.
I am very pleased with the fantastic work done to my windows by the Sash Window Man. I had a detailed estimate just before the lockdown and I was lucky enough to get an early appointment on their return to work. The team who came to renovate the windows couldn't have been better. They worked very hard throughout the day and cleaned up perfectly. I can certainly feel, and see, the difference in my windows. An excellent job by a very professional team. Thank you.
This s the second time we have used The Sash Window Man and we're very happy with the work. The visit and estimate was so quickly and efficiently done and the estimated timescale for the work to be completed was excellent and the work completed very quickly.. The repairers/glaziers were courteous and polite, arrived at the time agreed and completed all the work at the estimated time without leaving any excess dust/mess for us to clear up. Windows are great and they open for the first time in about 20 years.
We contacted the Sash Window Man to refurbish our sash windows. They came in person to look at the windows and sent us an itemised quote, detailing the current state of each window and the nature of the works. Once I accepted the quote, they came to repair the mechanism and frame of two old and battered windows; the works were completed promptly, and the glaziers were polite and cleaned after themselves. The decorator will come in a few weeks to "make good" and paint. The only thing I would improve would be for the Sash Window Man to be the single point of contact for the whole job, rather than me having to talk to the decorator separately. Apart from that, top quality service, highly recommended.
Really excellent service - highly professional and totally reliable. Our house is transformed by our newly lovely windows.
From start to finish, an extremely professional service!
Very professional service throughout, from original estimate and quote, through to fitting. The estimate was undertaken fairly soon after initial contact, and the quote then received within a few days. When it came to fitting, it transpired that the proposed repair was not feasible and that two new sashes were required, but I would prefer to have the job done properly. Both the first and second fittings were done very speedily and without fuss. The fitters just got on with the job - not the usual long breaks sitting in the van with coffee and the Sun! The rooms were left remarkably tidy and clean. All in all, I would certainly recommend the company.
What a great service. The windows now work properly and look great! Very happy with them! A very professional service from start to finish.
I have just had my sash windows done by this team- it was a big job for me as I have to budget carefully and am always anxious that things are done well... and also by nice people who are respectful and careful about in my home! The job has been done brilliantly, and the team were great... and I had good advice about having sandblasted glass in one window, which made the job more difficult. All aspects of the work and painting were totally spot on- and I would have the entire team again for another job if I ever have another house!
We were very satisfied with the service and professionalism shown and provided from the outset. This to include the initial visit, the very detailed and accurate estimate then supplied, and subsequently the work carried out.
Great service. We noticed that the draft had gone from our sash window as soon as the work was complete. Professional and friendly with work completed promptly too.
Excellent service from start to finish. A competitive quote and a team of polite, competent and tidy work men meant that our experience of The Sash Window Man was very good. They draught proofed and gave our sash windows a general overhaul and we are very pleased with the results.
Sash Window Man restored, draught proofed and added new security to all our sash windows in our (originally Edwardian) flat, retaining original features when others said they had to go. Did an excellent job, exactly in the time promised, with great care and a minimum of mess. David and Dean made very helpful suggestions and most of all were happy to point out when something could be kept and repaired rather than completely replaced – and so not only preserved the look of our flat but saved us money, when other companies insisted everything had to be done new and cost the earth. Very grateful – Totally recommended.
The Sash Window Man is rated 4.81 based on 62 reviews