The Sash Window Man Reviews

of reviewers recommend The Sash Window Man
Read The Sash Window Man Reviews

Tell us how The Sash Window Man made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
This s the second time we have used The Sash Window Man and we're very happy with the work. The visit and estimate was so quickly and efficiently done and the estimated timescale for the work to be completed was excellent and the work completed very quickly.. The repairers/glaziers were courteous and polite, arrived at the time agreed and completed all the work at the estimated time without leaving any excess dust/mess for us to clear up. Windows are great and they open for the first time in about 20 years.
We contacted the Sash Window Man to refurbish our sash windows. They came in person to look at the windows and sent us an itemised quote, detailing the current state of each window and the nature of the works.
Once I accepted the quote, they came to repair the mechanism and frame of two old and battered windows; the works were completed promptly, and the glaziers were polite and cleaned after themselves. The decorator will come in a few weeks to "make good" and paint.
The only thing I would improve would be for the Sash Window Man to be the single point of contact for the whole job, rather than me having to talk to the decorator separately. Apart from that, top quality service, highly recommended.
Really excellent service - highly professional and totally reliable. Our house is transformed by our newly lovely windows.
From start to finish, an extremely professional service!
Very professional service throughout, from original estimate and quote, through to fitting. The estimate was undertaken fairly soon after initial contact, and the quote then received within a few days. When it came to fitting, it transpired that the proposed repair was not feasible and that two new sashes were required, but I would prefer to have the job done properly. Both the first and second fittings were done very speedily and without fuss. The fitters just got on with the job - not the usual long breaks sitting in the van with coffee and the Sun! The rooms were left remarkably tidy and clean. All in all, I would certainly recommend the company.
What a great service. The windows now work properly and look great! Very happy with them! A very professional service from start to finish.
I have just had my sash windows done by this team- it was a big job for me as I have to budget carefully and am always anxious that things are done well... and also by nice people who are respectful and careful about in my home! The job has been done brilliantly, and the team were great... and I had good advice about having sandblasted glass in one window, which made the job more difficult. All aspects of the work and painting were totally spot on- and I would have the entire team again for another job if I ever have another house!
We were very satisfied with the service and professionalism shown and provided from the outset. This to include the initial visit, the very detailed and accurate estimate then supplied, and subsequently the work carried out.
Great service. We noticed that the draft had gone from our sash window as soon as the work was complete. Professional and friendly with work completed promptly too.
Excellent service from start to finish.
A competitive quote and a team of polite, competent and tidy work men meant that our experience of The Sash Window Man was very good. They draught proofed and gave our sash windows a general overhaul and we are very pleased with the results.
Sash Window Man restored, draught proofed and added new security to all our sash windows in our (originally Edwardian) flat, retaining original features when others said they had to go.

Did an excellent job, exactly in the time promised, with great care and a minimum of mess. David and Dean made very helpful suggestions and most of all were happy to point out when something could be kept and repaired rather than completely replaced – and so not only preserved the look of our flat but saved us money, when other companies insisted everything had to be done new and cost the earth. Very grateful – Totally recommended.
A great end-to-end experience with The Sash Window Man. We were on a tight deadline which the team did everything to meet. Craftmanship of the windows is excellent and the rooms were left spotlessly clean after install. Very highly recommended.
Would highly recommend this lovely team! Site visit, explanations, and quote process were all very helpful. Communication was spot on throughout. We had six windows and our balcony doors refurbished and draught-proofed (two of the lower sashes were replaced). The cost was competitive/reasonable. The guys who carried out the work were swift, professional, and trustworthy. We are very pleased with the results!
Quoted nearly £1000 to replace 2 sills. Shocking
Good service, quick installation. The windows look excellent following the change - a huge improvement and good functionality too, opening and closing with ease. Highly recommend.
We're really please with our refurbished windows and highly recommend the "Sash Window Man". Great job done by the team. They turned up on time and cleaned up after themselves.
I've used Sash Window Man 3 times over the past 5 years to progressively draft proof and service 20 sash windows in my home - this repeat work speaks for itself. I cannot fault the service, from quotation right through to cleaning up after the work, the teams are punctual, professional, hard working and respectful. I'm very satisfied.
I only asked for a quote, but they were not willing to come out and look at the job (which runs to nearly £2000 according to other quotes). I got a perfunctory quote over the phone which I don't really want if I am spending this much money.
Great to deal with as a company and really pleased with the window service. Opens with ease now and looks great. Would recommend highly.
Excellent job done by a band of very nice professionals! It is a joy to open our windows with one finger rather than wrestling with them. I'm almost looking forward to winter to seeing the difference in our draught-free house. Most of all I am delighted that we have been able to retain and refurbish our Edwardian windows, using your skills, rather than replace them
The Sash Window Man is rated 4.83 based on 53 reviews