The AA Reviews

The AA have a Customer Happiness Grade of B-. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

68% of reviewers recommend The AA

How would you rate The AA ?

"To date I have not made any claims so i can only confirm that the AA is easy to contact and appears to be excellent"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 day ago
"We have been with the AA 50 years and have no problems with them."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 day ago
"Have used the AA for many years and have always been completely satisfied."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 day ago
"They were very helpful with my claim"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 day ago
"Have been an AA member for 43 years having breakdown cover. I thought I would give motor insurance a try, worst thing i ever did, they were not prepared to make one phone call to my existing company to prove NCD, so cancelled my policy. needless to say they lost my policy & my wifes breakdown policy - 43 years loyalty? No explanation or why you leaving."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 days ago
"I am not a member of the AA"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 4 days ago
"I'm still stuck by the roadside. I've been here 4 hours now and been told it will take another hour and a half. Appalling service. Over 5 hours isn't good enough. Any other breakdown service would be better than this."
"Very easy and helpfull people to deal with"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"I had broken down with 2 children late at night on a unlit street 20 mins to get through ... I was told one hour untill the patrol arrived then 2 mins before the car was due I was told it was now another 2 hours before I got assistance with this in mind I called a taxi in anticipation of abandoning the car for the evening the taxi cost £40 as I arrived home I then had a text to say the AA was 10 mins away"
"I haven't made a claim. The one disappointment with this policy is that (only) when I came to pay it added an automatic renewal clause, which means that I will need to make sure I cancel it if I decide not to renew."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"roadside fine , but customer saervice terrible, just been charged double the agreed rate and then waited 25 mins on the phone just to be cut off ? only big lumbering businesses could get away with this . kind regards NORMAN"
"First rate service. I had a claim and it was dealt with brilliantly from start to finish. I would highly recommend the AA"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"I have no had to make little contact but have been very satisfied with everything so far."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"we find the service very expensive for the amount we need to use them there should be a loyalty discount if we don't need to use there service"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Appalling service if that's what anyone would even call it. Car broke down so got a £99 charge for a call out. They had the wrong location 3 times even though I confirmed the location several times as I had 3 young kids in the car. When I downloaded the app to track how long they would take it said I had moved from the location they were coming to recover the vehicle. I then phoned back to which the incompetent call handler stated sometime the app just says that don't worry. The aa then drive down the other side of the road and I got a call saying he was on his way to a different job but the main office have the wrong location from where we were. I phoned back to change the location again only to be told the vehicle they had sent out was not only going to the wrong location but wasnt a suitable vehicle for the job as I needed towed. Eventually a different vehicle recovery came out sent by the AA. The driver was foreign and extremely ignorant. He towed the car 4 minutes around the corner to the nearest car garage and went to drive off when the mechanic came running out of the garage asking him what he was doing and he couldn't just drop of a vehicle with a family and not even let them know what the issue was never mind no previous communication with him to see of he had time to look at the car- which he didn't. He then continued to have a heated argument with the garage owner in front of my 3 young kids. I am absolutely appalled by their so called service, incompetent call handlers and arrogant useless drivers they sub in. A minus 5 star rating would be more suited to this company"
"More than doubled my subscription to £28.00 two years running. I can join the RAC for £14.00 and same cover. The AA are not interested in loyal customers and are quite happy for you to leave if they can't rip you off after the 1st year. They are obsessed with new business to the exclusion of everything. Now I have issues with leaving, because they don't read emails for 5 working days or 6 in my case, which makes any dialogue impossible and trying to get through to Customer Services by phone is like trying to call Theresa May on a Sunday! I have stopped my direct debit and informed them but they are still trying to pull money from my account. Altogether, they are not the professional AA I knew. I won't be going back ever!"
"Excellent service !"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"My parked vehicle was involved in an accident at around 10.30pm. The AA arrived at around 5am to tow me home. Appalling service and they expected me to accept £20 by way of apology. I tore up the cheque"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Great discount scheme as part of being an AA member. I use it at my local restaurant and have saved 20% on my bills."
The AA is rated 3.73 based on 433 reviews