The AA Reviews

69% of reviewers recommend The AA

How would you rate The AA ?

"Brokediwn at 14:06. Has been told hwlp on the way before 15:00. Patrol called around 1500 and said that I am in a danger situation so I was told to call control again. I have been told by control, recovery will be in around 30 minutes? Again... no one arrived and I have been told there was accident on M4. Phoned by control again and said another 20-30 minutes.. but waited for nothing. Recovery arrived at 17:53. Then we were dropped off at membury services for another recovery to take us to the garage. Was told it would be 21:20. I have been informed by control it would be 22:00. It is 22:10 now and still waiting.. What the F#@¥.. 8 hours and still waiting..."
"Not able to add on another driver for a short temporary period, e,g couldn’t add my daughter onto insurance during a family emergency, will not renew with AA as result of this. Will return to a previous insurer where this was possible."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 days ago
"Absolutely shambolic. My daughter and husband and 2 little children called them out at 9.30pm. They were picked up at 2.20a.m and taken 'halfway' home by one company and then told to wait at the services on the M6 for a further 3 hours until the AA would pick them up and take them the rest of the journey (a further 2 hours) all in the middle of the night with 2 little ones ....This is a absolute disgrace. The point paying for AA cover is to get breakdown help within an hour and taken home safely and priority given when little children are involved."
"I have central heating cover and called yesterday for a engineer , they transferred me to home serve who said a engineer would call within 2 hrs with a booking slot ,which the did , it was booked for this morning between 8am-1pm , no one turned up . I contacted the AA who again transferred me to home serve I spoke to someone called Jane who said there was no record of a booking , I gave her the phone number of the engineer that contacted me and was told that was not their number but when I dialled it it clearly said you were called yesterday by home serve ,I was transferred back to AA and spoke to a man by the name of jo who left me on hold for 20mins before coming back to say there had been a mix up and homeserve would contact me to rebook tomorrow, so I now have to take time off work tomorrow, what a shambles."
"As e person who can not speak due to cancer they make it very hard for me to take out cover l gave permission for my wife to speak for me to them and they still want to speak to me idits was with them for six years and every time had the same problem.the price goes up and up had to phone them then go through the routine again and again gone to green flag much better ray Harold wood essex"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 days ago
"Fortunately I have not needed to."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 days ago
Dr J Hamilton
Verified Reviewer
"I was unable to complete my insurance quote request online, so I opened up the chat box on the page. It took about 90 minutes for someone to respond. The reason that I wasn't able to complete the insurance request online was not outlined online. Dylan, the rep, was rude and dismissive and not interested in helping me find a solution to my problem. At the end of the very unhelpful waste of my time, I commented that the wait times were unacceptable, and I received the reply: First name, you came through to the wrong department. What is it with these people using first names derogatively?"
"very pleased with the out come of my windscreen claim speedily sorted out"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
Bogumila Nowaczyk
Verified Reviewer
"We called AA for assistance when automatic gearbox stopped working in our car and the AA representative came within the expected time and towed our car to the nearest Toyota garage as requested. As It was the bank holiday weekend the garage was closed until Tuesday at 08:30 am and as expected the gate to the garage carpark was locked due to this. There were few off street parking spaces available nearby and those spaces were not restricted, Both myself and my fiancé asked your representative to leave our car parked in one of those available spaces, however the AA representative chose not to do this and manually pushed our car towards gate and left if parked there. When my fiancé returned to the Toyota garage on Tuesday 29th at 08:00am our car was missing, my fiancé eventually found it had been removed by Nottingham City Council car pound based in Bulwell. We received a parking fine from them, an additional towing charge form the Toyota garage to the car pound and an overnight stay charge. The total cost £140. I have called you directly and explaining the situation, we were expecting as a very minimum a free of charge service to bring the car to the garage, as explained it was the AA representatives who went against our wishes to leave the car in a nearby parking space. We were charged a tow fee from the City car pound back to Toyota the garage. My fiancé planned on booking our car in with the Toyota garage first thing in the morning (08:00-08:30) and then go to work for the day. Instead it took him a full day to deal with locating our car and bringing it back to Toyota. My fiancé called 3 times onto complains line and 3 times someone hang up on him. That situation caused unnecessary time, cost and stress and as a result I will not be extending agreement and I will be cancelling existing and seeking with my other car recovery company for support."
"Found them efficient competitive and helpful on the phone probably surprising and not what I expected nor possibly yourselves Two tricks I do not like 1 retention of the bank card for automatic renewal they all do this just have to be aware 2Breakdown cover does not include recovery ______but wait a couple of months a and it is offered forva fraction of the headline cost I emphise I behave not had to claim and this of course is the bit of insurance you hope never happens and it is probably the most significantissue"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 week ago
"Had to wait 5 hours for recovery truck, after 5 hour wait they send the wrong recovery truck the driver said his truck is small for my car. Spoke to the manager hopping he would get it right, after another 2 hours wait instead of sending me a bigger recovery truck they send me a AA van for the second time😂 and that’s when I decided to book an Uber and go home. Next day booked day off from work to get the car sorted I called again asking them to send me a recovery truck, and also explained everything that happened previous day and made it clear and specific not to send AA van as they have already been and couldn’t fix my car. And guess what I get after 2 hour wait? Another AA van that when I left my car on side of the road for 3 days. I let you be the judge and make a wise decisions when considering AA."
"I feel they need to be more competitive when renewing their quotes for loyal customers as like myself they will shop around for cheaper quotes"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"I was pleased with the service that I received and their quote was £150 less than my previous insurer. Hope it's a good quote in September."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 2 weeks ago
"Excellent service and saved me a lot of money."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Not good I’m afraid. Had small claim for damage to front of my vehicle. I was told that the AA have no garages in my area, Staffordshire! They asked me to find my own repairer. I chose my AUDI garage since they have all the parts and can repair the safety system if it neededdoing. Fixed a date with AUDI garage and they said they won’t deal with the AA as they have many unpaid bills."
"No problem at all"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"Have not had any reason to make a claim so cannot comment on the efficiency"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 3 weeks ago
"every thing was as should be"
(Home Insurance) - Posted 4 weeks ago
"Great service, pleasant personal sevice"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 weeks ago
"Simple straight forward and cheaper than my previous insurer that I had been with for the last five years."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 4 weeks ago