Serenity Retreat Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Serenity Retreat

About Serenity Retreat: An independent holiday company for solo travellers on a spiritual or self-development journey

07921520166

kim@serenityretreat.co.uk

company-profile.Click_here

Tell us how Serenity Retreat made you happy

Leigh M
"Can't recommend Serenity Retreat enough. Just got back from Greece. Safe, peaceful, supportive vibe. Beauty all around. Beaches, mountains, humans. Meditations and teaching led by the wonderful Kim, the heart and soul of Serenity Retreat - down-to-earth, real and inspirational. Blissful massages by the talented Giotta. Hannah super helpful with all the rest. I met some special special friends, but this place is also good if you want to be alone - no one will pressure you to join in. Plenty of places to enjoy solo time in the sun."
Netty
"Calming, safe, relaxed, fun, mindfulness. Best choice for me by far. A place to just be."
"There is a clarity over the intent to being able to centre on self whilst having equal opportunity to socialise if you choose to that adds to the happy accident of gaining great relaxation and joy from the activities you may do on your own or with others...learning and growing in unexpected ways."
Would you recommend us to your friends?
"With an apartment on the Ionian Sea shore a boat trip round the islands, a sail or a swim are easily available. A friendly host-teacher with like-minded fellow travellers who become instant friends all lead to the most pleasurable, relaxing holiday."
Thanks again, Frank! See you next year :)
Would you recommend us to your friends?
"Everything was set up to be easy and affordable. The local village had a great bakery. The course was excellent, though quite intense emotionally - however, this wasn't compulsory, you could do as much or little as you liked. It was a nice bunch of people - both running it and participating."
Thank you, Ms/Mrs/Miss or Mr Anonymous :) x
Would you recommend us to your friends?
Ah, thanks Leigh! It was good to have you with us in Greece, finally! See you soon xx
Would you recommend us to your friends?
So glad you enjoyed your time with us. Looking forward to more of a chat when I see you next year xx
Would you recommend us to your friends?
"It's hard to put into words how wonderful Serenity Retreat is! Lefkada is the perfect setting, the apartments are all good sizes, well maintained and right on the beach. The beauty of this holiday is that you are very much in control of what you do. The guided meditations set you up for the day. The trips (if you choose to do them) are amazing and lots of fun. The ground rules are set at the start of the week and everyone respects each other's privacy whilst having the option to eat together, if you want. I've been twice now, and am already booked to go back next year. Kim and Hannah are wonderful, friendly and warm. It's the perfect retreat - I can't wait to go back!"
I'm so glad you did put it into words though! We love having you here, we'll be very happy to see you again next year. You're really lovely to have around xx
Would you recommend us to your friends?
I do so love a happy accident. Thank you for this review xx
Would you recommend us to your friends?
"This Retreat made me realise that it’s ok to be, with all my flaws. It has enabled me to learn how to be much kinder to my self.. Kim who runs this retreat in a beautiful part of North Wales really lifts your heart and is truly inspirational.. I have just returned from my second retreat and now planning to go to Greece next May."
Thanks for this, Shirley. Yep, being okay with not being okay. Perfect and flawed. Can't wait to see you in my Other Home in Greece :) xx
"Wonderful wonderful place"
Thanks!
Would you recommend us to your friends?
"If you are thinking about coming to Serenity Retreat, read the website first. Everything it says describes the experience perfectly. It’s not a party / shopping/ infinity pool / daily change of towels/ clubbing/ designer shops experience. It’s so much lovelier than that on all levels. If you want peace, space, solitude and time to read, write, reflect, swim ,meditate in the sun and enjoy a blissfully uncrowded beach on you doorstep ( yes, a few steps away) and you want to feel part of a Greek village , this is perfect. It’s excellent value for ‘singles’ and there is a variety of accommodation. But, again, look at the website. Kim and her team (serene) Hannah and Giota will make you feel welcomed. There are boat and sightseeing trips , optional sailing lessons, optional massages ( highly recommended) guided walks and for me the daily meditation practice, which is a good time to connect with the group. You won’t be soul mates with everyone, well of course, but you will meet like minded and interesting people. I feel privileged to have made lasting friendships over the years, but there is no pressure to be a part of the group if you don’t want to be. The village has everything you could want, lovely tavernas, a great greengrocer, tempting bakeries. And, I have always felt completely safe, the local people are friendly. Kim has created a very special experience in Nikiana and her charismatic , warm , funny and wise presence in the guided meditations is inspirational. The fact that so many return year after year is a testament to Serenity Retreat, but my experience is that anyone can fit in and mix, if that is what they want. There is no sense of forced socialising at all..but there is warmth and support if you need it. There is an emphasis on care for the environment, and a real feeling of support for the local community. Amongst her many talents, Kim speaks fluent Greek. When I think about my time in Nikiana I feel a longing to be there again. What more can I say except, again, read the website and listen to what Kim is saying."
Ah, Jane. Such generosity - thank you. So lovely to see you each year. See you next June!
Would you recommend us to your friends?
"What a treat! Being on retreat in Nikiana, Lefkada with the wonderful, inimitable Kim. Tucked away in a little piece of paradise, working on the important stuff of life, surrounded by interesting, similarly motivated indivuduals... so good!"
Thank you so much, Jenny. Much appreciated. Hope to see you again :)
Would you recommend us to your friends?
"Just the right balance of involvement in meditation, group work and social events coupled with privacy and alone-time when needed. A relaxing yet challenging week-long experience in a beautiful location, very well lead by Kim, Hannah and Jools, with a wonderful course with Jane. Thoroughly worthwhile and, god willing, to be repeated."
Lovely! So glad you felt that your time with us was beneficial. That's great to hear. Thank you!
Would you recommend us to your friends?
"A well organised time away with a beautiful setting. The meditation sessions are ideal for beginners. The accommodation is in a beautiful setting, on the beach. There were a mixture of trips. I chose the day's boat trip which was superb and the walk with the herbalist, Aris, which was just wonderful. The team are friendly and helpful and the group includes all kinds of people, many of whom I would not normally meet. we got on well, each respecting our wish to have time apart or to socialise. A wonderful refreshing time away. Thank you Kim and Heather"
Thanks Maurice! So glad you enjoyed our hand-picked trips and the meditations :)
"How do I find the words to describe Serenity Retreat. I can't, but bliss, inspiration, soul growth, destiny, connection, peace, beauty and friendship will have to do ❤️Set in the most stunning location, an unspoilt tiny Greek island. Created and run by a truly inspirational woman, whose humble approach to Zen Buddhist teachings and meditation, was perfect in its simplicity. The ethos she has created of the most healing balance of personal space, connection and wisdom was a beauty to behold. A week in time, where 14 people, from all walks of life, crossed destiny paths. Each with a story that led to that moment. Soul Searching conversation, light hearted fun and belly laughs, mixed with time to please absolutely no one but myself 😉, so needed 🙏. And of course the universe throws it signs, synchronicities and life lessons that never fail to blow my mind. 😂🌠❤️ Blessed to have found this magical place and will be returning every year 🌄❤️"
Tammy! So fab to you have with us. Thanks for your input. I'm so glad you're coming back :)
Would you recommend us to your friends?
"A week of pure Bliss and serenity! This was my second time at serenity retreat, my last visit being over 8 years ago! And it came at just the right time. I loved it the first time and even more so the second. I can't wait to go back and will be booking for next year asap!! You can be as involved with the meditation program as much or as little as as you like. Kim encourages you to listen to your body and if you need to sleep instead of going to the morning meditation just sleep! Although I didn't want to miss a thing as Kim's knowledge and encouragement is invaluable. She is also generally a warm and loving person who is happy to sit and listen to your problems and offer a hug if needed! There was a meditation workshop every morning, Kim guides you through the process and you get the opportunity to learn so much about yourself. After the meditation there is time to discuss your experiences and Kim's advice was so valuable. It was great to be with a lovely group of people who all have similar interests. I felt incredibly lucky to meet such interesting people whilst I was there, but there is no pressure to be with the group all the time. However there is always someone to spend time with if you prefer company. There was always a group going out for meals that you can join or you can cook in your apartment if you would rather be alone. I never felt any pressure to 'join in' but I knew the girls were there for me if I needed them which was lovely. My apartment was gorgeous, right on the beach! With a stunning garden and balcony. Panagiota (not sure if I have spelt this correctly?) Who owns the apartment was so welcoming and kind, she didn't speak any English but I could feel her kindness anyway, she was always about to offer a friendly hug and even brought me a spinach pie she had made! She is just one example of the wonderful people of Nikiana who are so welcoming and helpful. Giota the massage therapist offers incredible massages (I had 3!) Which compliments the meditation so well. If you're interested in booking a trip with serenity retreat, don't hesitate, just book you won't regret it! Thank you Kim for such a beautiful and inspiring week ❤️"
Lovely Lucy
Thanks so much for your words. I really appreciate them. So great to catch up with you, eight years later! See you next year x
"So well organised by caring Kim and Hannah love them hope to see you next year. Angie"
Angie - you and Maggie were a delight :) See you both next year!
Kim x
"I got a lot from the retreat however it’s worth knowing that the accommodation varies wildly from very dated and dark, to light airy and modern. Some apartments are alongside a sailing school. This can have an impact on your trip depending on your expectations and the weather! The village is a scrappy little place but not without its charms. The retreat part of it is a mixed bag and a bit weird. There are so many approaches / techniques that it becomes confusing. I wouldn’t recommend the optional courses to beginners however the morning meditations, moving mediation and walk are consistent and a safe bet. Although there is no pressure to do anything, I felt pressured and judged by other guests - only a couple mind, but it was enough to make me uncomfortable at times. I think the retreat is fine if you’re looking for some structure to wrap around a solo trip. Next time, I’m taking the Headspace app, booking into a nice apartment, and spending the money I save on experiences."
Ah, I've been waiting for the first 'not glowing' review. It had to come at some point in nine years!
You're right about the different apartments, some are very traditional and some are much more modern. I guess it depends on your taste, which is why we offer five alternatives.
All of our accommodation is right on the seafront and as a consequence some of the apartments (Lefkothea and Pana's) share the sea with our local neighbours - a sailing school. They're at least 200 metres away and you're likely to see people bobbing about as they are taught how to sail and windsurf.
Yes, as it says in the review from Queen of Retreats , Nikiana is not the archetypal blue and white Greek village, but I'm glad you recognised that it has its charms. I would say that the locals make it a special place, but then, I'm biased :)
I'm sorry you didn't find the donation-based optional course useful. They change every week!
I'm also sorry that you felt judged and pressured by other guests. My hope is that that isn't a standard experience as we have a 58% return rate (and have had for three years or so) and our other reviews point to the friendliness within the groups.
I'm glad you got a lot from the retreat, despite your observations. That's good enough for me!
Wishing you well and hope your next trip with Headspace (that's SUCH a good app) ticks all your boxes.
Thanks for taking the time to leave an honest review.
Kim x
Would you recommend us to your friends?
"My apartment was virtually at the water's edge on the Ionean sea coast, the only sound being the wavelets lapping onto the pebbled beach. The eclectic mix of visiting the baker and his mum for breakfast coffee and cakes, followed by Cigong, meditation and a beach holiday made for an unforgettable experience enjoyed in a group of like-minded people who quickly became friends."
Thanks Frank! Lovely to have you with us :)
Would you recommend us to your friends?
"Kim was an excellent leader of the retreat, informative, calming and her guided meditations were excellent. It was particularly valuable to be meditating in the lovely group I was with. Kim and others in the group were extremely honest about their life experiences and I appreciated this enormously. To Kim and the group members I send heartfelt gratitude and loving kindness. :-)"
Thanks Laraine, you were a really great part of the group. Thanks for your input x
Would you recommend us to your friends?
"This was my first time on a retreat so I was a little apprehensive but I really enjoyed it! Kim is a great teacher and creates a relaxed atmosphere. It’s up to you how much you do and it was lovely having some time just to do nothing. I came away feeling I’d learnt and benefited a lot in just two days. Would definitely recommend."
Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm glad you found it useful!
"Kim is a wonderful teacher, who really walks her talk. She creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere on her retreats, which enable every participant to take exactly what they need, whether this be deepening their meditation practice, enjoying the beautiful natural surroundings or catching up on much needed rest. Kim is very down to earth and brings a light touch to her guidance which makes the whole experience both grounding and uplifting. I would highly recommend."
Thank you, Greta. I'm glad you found the experience grounding and uplifting. That's very cool! x
Serenity Retreat is rated 4.97 based on 157 reviews