Serenity Retreat Reviews

of reviewers recommend Serenity Retreat
Read Serenity Retreat Reviews

About Serenity Retreat:

An independent holiday company for solo travellers on a spiritual or self-development journey

07921520166

Lucy
Serenity Retreat 5 star review on 18th March 2019
Laraine
Absolutely amazing
Excellent service, Caron is very friendly and helpful. Definitely going back for further treatments
Once again I arrived stressed out, frazzled and left rejuvenated, more calm and appreciative of taking time out and enjoying nature’s ebb and flow. Kim and her team are great hosts, teachers and all round good eggs! Thank you so much
Beautiful peacful location. Superbly organised with a great, " do your own thing if you want to" attitude. Excellent programme of activities and Kim is a fantastic inspiration. Booked for a week, stayed for 2 !!
Serenity Retreat 5 star review on 24th September 2020
I went to Greece about 5years ago to Kim’s retreat and it was Amazing, I loved it. I followed Serenity retreat And Kim on Facebook over the years.Then I noticed that Kim was doing live meditations twice a day during lockdown !! So I joined in. It has been a lifeline, it has been so wonderful to be part of this compassionate community 🙏🏻 Kim is an Amazing teacher and so funny as well ! I really look forward each day to meditate with Kim and the gang we are all in it together !! And Kim’s insightful chats !!. I will definitely be going on one of the retreats I’m the future for sure !! Thank you so much Kim, so grateful 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻💕💕💕
Serenity Retreat in Greece is fantastic, all organised by Kim within beautiful village. For you too just be. Thank you too Kim for giving meditations and courses for free during lockdown. This have given me time out and clarity. Kim is open and honest teacher, she shares her experience and knowledge in real terms. Highly recommend too all 😍 xx
As much as the mind craves structure, as much as we cling to old habits and routines, in doing so we turn away from the very stuff that our lives are made of. Nothing. And everything. And all that exists between. If lock-down has taught me anything, it is to let go of control, and to try to walk more gently through my days. There are no promises nor guarantees. All there is, remains. Here and now. I'm writing this from a pebble cove. The tide is out, and the narrow beach is just wide enough. Just enough to sit. A moment of peace. I didn't really realise how vital it is, to accept what is. And for once, to stop searching. To quit the constant battle within. The tides may have nothing to do with how I feel today. They'll come and they'll go. And so we sit. And still, we exist. I happened upon Serenity Retreat at the start of the national lock-down. By chance, or by fate, it doesn't really matter. I do think we find the things we need, for reasons that might not be clear, at the time. For me, being open to helping myself, is a dichotomy I've never found easy. It felt self-indulgent at first, to sit and do nothing. It took time to settle and quieten the thoughts racing through my head. Kim, Zen Buddhist teacher and creator of Serenity Retreat Greece (and beyond) has generously given of her time during these past few months, holding twice daily meditations for anyone wanting to join online. She has also held a series of hour-long sessions zia Zoom, including Self Compassion Sunday and the Who Am I? series. To compare how I feel now with how I felt pre-meditation, is not the objective, but I'd hazard a guess that it definitely hasn't done any harm. If you're relatively new to meditation, as I was, it's well worth giving Serenity Retreat a go. Kim is down to earth and approachable, and can facilitate your own journey towards getting that little bit closer to self acceptance, and more importantly, just allowing the world to simply show up. As it always has, and always will.
I started meditation 10 years ago when I first went to Serenity Retreat in Greece. I have continued ever since. I have really appreciated the lockdown meditation sessions. They have brought some regularity to my lockdown life which drastically changed 6 weeks ago when I lost my beloved dog. I am booked up for Greece until 2050. I think that says enough. Thank you Kim.
I’ve been to Serenity in Greece many times, I’ve always enjoyed it and made some special fiends along the way. During lockdown it’s been really helpful to feel part of a community, the daily meditations and online courses have helped me stay sane.
I discovered Kim and her wonderful meditations the first week of Lockdown. She has a gift which is the ability to immediately relax you and keep you with her throughout her meditations. I had know idea how much I needed this before but I will never look back and look forward to my meditations in the future. Everyone of them has either given me a life skill to use or a saying or thought that has taken me throughout this whole surreal time. Thank you Kim and may you always be well. 🙏
I absolutely love serenity retreat. I have been a couple of times and hope to return as soon as possible. Kim is a wonderful host and always makes herself available for a chat if you need one. Last time I went I was going through a difficult time in my life and she was there to lend an ear. During lockdown her daily meditations have been fantastic for me and loads of us. For me personally it’s helped me through some really tough days. Anyone thinking of going to serenity retreat and are a little nervous about going alone, I would say do it. I met some wonderful people and as a bit of an introvert I found if I wanted to be on my own I could or meet others it was my choice. Nothing is forced on you it’s all very relaxed. Thanks 🙏 Kim.
Serenity retreat is my go to place for real rest, clarity, me time and fun. Kim is a wonderful host, keeps it real and tells it how it is, with a huge amount of compassion and understanding. I’ve been to serenity retreat so many times I’ve lost count. It’s amazing place and I’ve met such wonderful friends there. Actually can’t recommend it highly enough.
I genuinely love Serenity Retreat. I have travelled a few times with Kim ( in more ways then one ) She has put her life and soul in to creating a peaceful, caring, engaging, safe place to travel to. I've never had any problem with any aspect of her retreat. I can't say enough about how much I personally gained from escaping and learning from being there, and sometimes doing nothing at all but just "being". 100 out of 10 x
I have yet to participate in a Greek retreat (had planned on doing so this summer, so we shall see if The Fates allow); however, in the interim, the daily meditation and workshop sessions online have been invaluable, providing a safe space in which to inhabit on all levels. Thank you! Hope to see you in the very near future.
I came away from the New Year retreat feeling everything I had hoped I would. Relaxed, calm, thoughtful and cared for. I was apprehensive about my first retreat with ‘some silence’..... I loved it and will definitely go on one of Kim’s retreats/holidays again. Thank you.
I spent New Year with Kim and 20 plus other wonderful strangers. Whilst I found the silence a bit hard at first I received so much support and encouragement I loved the next period of silence, finding it liberating and peaceful. The atmosphere that Kim (and the Nuns) create is very calming and soothing; you do as much or as little of the programme as you like and this takes all the pressure off. My favourite was the walking meditation around the beautiful grounds and I think it would be fair to say that is one of the best New Years I have had. Highly recommended if you need to take time out for you and get yourself in a much better place to face the world again.
I've just come back from the New Year retreat at Noddfa in North Wales. The setting is beautiful and there is a lovely warm and peaceful feelings as soon as you enter. Kim ensures everyone feels welcome and supported. The retreat included both guided and silent meditation, with an emphasis on listening to your body and doing what feels right for you, be that walking, napping or snacking! It was a perfect way to recuperate after the mad countdown to christmas, and the day of silence on new year's day gave me time to take stock of the previous decade and prepare for the new with a feeling of hope and positivity.
I was really unsure of holidaying alone but since I discovered Serenity Retreat I have been back to Lefkada three times & twice to weekend retreats based in Wales. Kim is fantastic, so down to earth & easy to approach but with so much passion & wisdom! What I think really makes her stand out is the timetable she puts together but which she says is 'ignorable' should you choose. She really wants you to always do what's best for YOU, whether that is some time alone, taking yourself off for walks, dipping in to the timetable or participating in every session on offer. Jools (her admin) provides everything you need to know ahead of your holiday & either Jools or Kim herself will always come back to you with any further information you may have requested. If I could give more than 5 stars I would. And if I would give any advice to someone contemplating a Serenity Retreat break, it would be Go for it!
Loved the retreat and the approach. Warm, welcoming and restful. Felt that we were being talked to rather than at, which can sometimes happen with lots of teaching :) Kim is down to earth but knows her stuff and creates a lovely safe space, but an authentic one - realising that not everyone will always be feeling peaceful and happy! I was in North Wales, a beautiful house run by wonderful people. A home from home as soon as you go in. Would recommend to anyone and can't wait to go again.
Thanks, Jess, was so lovely to meet you in North Wales. Thanks for these words, I really appreciate them. Looking forward to seeing where we both are the next time we meet :) xx
Lefkada was such a wonderful retreat. The setting was perfect, the meditation interesting and insightful, and my fellow Sereners were a joy. Kim's guidance throughout was knowledgable and always spot on. I came home with several extra rooms of space in my head! So, of course, I have already booked my two weeks top up for next year.
Ah, lovely. And very glad you're coming back next year for two weeks and was lovely seeing you for our Hibernating Weekend in Anglesey this weekend just passed. Thanks for your review and your youness :) xx
Serenity Retreat is rated 4.97 based on 177 reviews