Salamander Adventures Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Salamander Adventures

Tell us how Salamander Adventures made you happy

Kevin Hubbard
"We had a wonderful time on our Tour du Mont Blanc trek led by the fabulous Simon Munnings. Simon has extensive knowledge of the flora, fauna, geology, and history of the Alps. Plus, he's hilarious! Our guide and the camaraderie of our group truly added to our enjoyment of the trip. Food and acommodations were excellent everywhere."
Anh Nguyen
"We recently completed the guided TMB tour (7/10-7/20) with Peter from Salamander Adventures. Peter is well versed with the trail conditions and very considerate with the group’s special needs. Each day of trekking has section of challenging ascending and/or descending, but the view is so worth it. I would highly recommend Salamander Adventures for all aspects from ease of booking, quick response to pre-trip questions, reasonable price, good accommodations and food. It was truly a memorable experience and true food for the soul."
"A challenging adventure: Dolomite traverse June -July 2019 The Salamander trek across the Dolomite's lived up to the high expectations we had. It was a challenging week of hiking up big mountains combined with having fun with a great group of people from around the world. Early summer in the Alps was beautiful with all the flowers, green grass, water falls, and a little snow still remaining. This was our second hike with Simon as our mountain guide and he provided the expertise and flexibility to set a good pace for everyone, keep us aware of the important history and geology of the area, and set up the group to have an enjoyable trip. The Refugio's selected had excellent food, wine, and accommodations. The hotels were comfortable and well located (be prepared for only natural air conditioning). The breakfasts in Italy are fantastic along with the coffee! Be prepared for cold (hail), rain (constant), and heat (34 C) as all can occur up in the Dolomite's! The rest day in Cortina provided a lot of options to enjoy and relax."
"The trek was fantastic. Our guide Luke, who participated in 15 previous Mont Blanc tours was fabulous, taking excellent care us as if we were his children. Salamander Adventures took care of all the planning and all the details. They published a very detailed 10 page itinerary, which was followed to the letter. This itinerary is a must read, giving very important information if your planning this trek. I highly recommend Salamander Adventures for their great abilities to put toghter a complete, end to end, trek, if your planning a trip. Mike"
"We recently completed the TMB Trek. In short it was great! All questions prior to booking were answered quickly even with the time difference between the EST and GMT timezones. Luke our guide was professional and dealt well with the varying speeds of the group. He was very knowledgeable about the various geography of the trek and highlighted things you may have missed otherwise. The daily picnic was wonderful and the company on the trip was wonderful. We will definitely consider Salamander again for a European Trecking vacation."
"Really great TMB trek. Very impressed with the Salamander team when we were booking. Quick responses to enquiries and very well informed and helpful. The trek itself was wonderful Luke our guide was really outstanding. He was really friendly and encouraging, coped with a mixed speed group and was always really professional. The walking was challenging in places but the scenery was truly stunning."
"Our TMB with Salamander Adventures was splendid. Our tour was from 7/10 to 7/20. Our guid Peter Mayers is very knowledgeable, caring and considering. He made sure the route we did each day and section were safe. Along the way, he used any chances to let us know the details of the mountains, flowers, local cultures and histories. He took care everyone's need and always ensured we reach our destiny on time each day. We love the places we stayed. All the hotels and refuges we stayed were clean and welcoming. The breakfast and dinners at these places were well made and delicious. From beginning after we did registration, whenever we sent questions, we always got very detailed and promptly emails with answers from Salamander. We highly recommend Salamander to everyone who needs trekking guid services."
"Booked a guided tour of Mont Blanc with Salamander. The booking process was easy and my booking was confirmed straight away so that we could make travel arrangements. We were sent just the right amount of information prior to the trip. Our guide, Peter, was knowledgeable, chatty, thoughtful and kept us on the right track. The accommodation was good and the food varied. A great trek with a like minded group."
"Great guide, bilingual French/English. expert on TMB, flora, and so much else. Dealt effectively with challenges of people of differing capabilities. Affable, available and able, as they say. Accomodations and food fine. Salamander managed to do my last minute booking in no time flat. Thanks for that. *read the tour plan carefully. My tour included gondola-style lifts, bus, and train as well as walking to make for not overly long days."
"I totally agreed with all the comments from other members of my TMB (7/10-21) group. Everything about the trip has exceeded my expectations. Our guide Peter was organized and considerate. He worked hard to make sure everyone was well taken care of. He even bought me a blueberry pie so I could have dessert with the rest of the group when the refugio couldnt accommodate my dietary restrictions. I would go with Salamander again without hesitation."
"An extremely well organised and coordinated trek across the Dolomites, led by the very experienced guide Simon Cunnings. Walking at a good pace with steep inclines and descents on most days made this quite a challenging trek but nonetheless very enjoyable. High standard of hotel accommodation throughout, even the mountain refuges were very clean and food was of high standard with Austrian and Italian influenced choices. Regional local wines were excellent and plentiful, plus of course, local beer! Due to late snow & icy conditions in some higher parts, and also unpredictable weather on a few days, the guide made wise and informed decisions about slight itinerary changes which didn’t take away the enjoyment of the daily treks. All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable trek in stunning scenery with a great group of fellow walkers made this an outstanding holiday and I would not hesitate to recommend Salamander to anyone interested in point to point trekking. I look forward to experiencing similar challenging itineraries elsewhere with the company."
"Earlier this month I completed Salamander's Tour du Mont Blanc trek with Peter Myers as our guide. The trip was outstanding in every respect, vastly exceeding my expectations. Salamander did a marvelous job of organizing the trek. But what really made this a special experience was our immense good fortune in having Peter as our guide. He is experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, caring, and just plain fun to hike with. This was my first trip with Salamander and I look forward to trekking with them again in the not-too-distant future."
"I recently competed the Tour de Mont Blanc with Salamander Adventures. I was very happy with the organisation of the Tour from beginning to end. The friendliness of the staff during the booking and planning was commendable. The organisation of the accommodation while on the tour was excellent and the quality of the accommodation was better than I had expected. We had an excellent guide who managed to set a pace suitable for all members of the group. Our guide was professional, caring, informative and had a good sense of humour. I would have no hesitation in travelling with Salamander again and am happy to recommend the company."
"Just back from the Dolomites Traverse guided with Simon Munnings. It's my second trip with Salamander Adventures & I have to say it was brilliant! Once again from start to finish it was planned to perfection. Lots of research had gone into picking the right hotels & hostels & that really paid off. We were certainly well looked after. The food was amazing. Lots of the hotels had spas which was a welcome bonus after a hard day trekking. The hikes were definitely challenging, the group were very fit & kept up a fast pace. The ascents and descents were tough but the dramatic & spectacular scenery made all the hard work worthwhile. It was well led by our very experienced, knowlegeable & excellent guide Simon. We felt very safe in his hands & he made us feel very much part of a team. There was a heatwave for part of the trip, we also had a bad downpour with hail stones on another day. But with the right wet weather gear we were all fine. We crossed some snow paths & rivers which all added to the challenge. The group of 14 + Simon really gelled. We had such a great time!! Once again I can't recommend Salamander Adventures highly enough. If you're fit and up for a challenge I'm sure you won't be disappointed. I can't wait for my next trip! 😊"
"Great trip to the Dolomites. Simon Munnings our guide was first class, relaxed and approachable and always encouraging, especially on the tougher days when some were struggling a little. Fantastic experience in a dramatic beautiful part of the world. Salamander were also flexible in rearranging transfers to make sure we could make our flight home which was much appreciated"
"As part of a group I have just completed the Tour of Mount Blanc. It was amazing experience. Accommodation, food good, excellent lunches. our Guide Anita was fantastic. She gave us so much information and encouragement. Would recommend Salamander Adventures."
"Just finished hiking the Tour Du Mont Blanc with Pete Myers as our guide through Salamander Adventures. Pete is an excellent guide. He always provided us with detailed information about what we would encounter on our trek the next day. While hiking he regularly provide us with interesting information about the history, geology, and plants and animals in the area. He was always very accommodating with the needs of the group and individual needs. I always felt he had at the forefront our safety as well as making our trip a fun adventure. Every day he went and bought fresh yummy food for our lunch picnics that we would eat in the most gorgeous setting. The nightly accommodations were generally outstanding and in the 2 places where the accommodations were not top of the line because there were not a lot of options in the locations the accommodations were clean and comfortable. Phil and Natalie of Salamander Adventures did an excellent job of also planning for the trip. They were both incredibly responsive to any questions I had during the planning phase for the trip. They run an excellent company and provide great value for the price. If you love hiking in gorgeous scenery I highly recommend Salamander Adventures and hope you are as lucky as I was to get Pete as your guide. Great experience ."
"Well organized and set up comfortable accommodations. All our email communication with them was promptly answered. They did a great job making sure my brother had his own private accommodations. We were self guided so never met anyone from Salamander. Our notes and maps were pretty straight forward except for one. The way it was worded led us 2 miles in the wrong direction. Otherwise we loved the TMB. Would recommend going clockwise as we did. It’s less crowded!"
"This was a terrific trek through the Dolomite's. It was challenging and fun. Simon was our tour guide and he is the best! We went with Salamander and Simon as our guide around Mount Blanc and this trek was as wonderful. the places we stayed in were clean, the people were friendly and the food was great. Simon is not only a great guide he also makes you feel totally safe. He is knowledgeable easy going and just the best."
"Great Trek through the Dolomites. Quite challenging but definitely worth all the hard work as the scenery was stunning. Our guide (Simon) had a great knowledge of the area which certainly added to our enjoyment. The hotels in the valleys were all of a good standard and the refuges were located in some tremendous locations. I couldn't recommend this trip more highly."
Salamander Adventures is rated 4.94 based on 131 reviews