Salamander Adventures Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Salamander Adventures

How would you rate Salamander Adventures ?

Kellie Grigg
"The most fun I have ever had on a trip. Salamander Adventures provided a wonderful service and experience. The trip went seamlessly. We had an amazing guide who put together great lunches for us every day and added so much value to our trip with his expertise and fun demeanor. The accommodations were great and it was so nice to have everything pre-arranged. Salamander has always been very responsive and helpful during all of the pre-trip preparation. Would highly recommend this company and tour!"
Susan Lynch
"I was very impressed with Salamander, everything was exceptional, the accomodation, the food and the itinery. Our guide ,Luke was brilliant and he was always there offering a piece of chocolate at just the right moment. I had a fantastic time and am hoping to book another trip with them next year."
Sandra Cassie
"Absolutely loved my Tour du Mont Blanc experience and would highly recommend Salamander. We were so lucky to have Simon as our guide. He was amazing. The accommodation was far better than I had expected and the food was fantastic. Phil was really helpful when I contacted him before the trip with queries. All round an excellent company to go trekking with. I would definitely go on another adventure with Salamander again."
"We had an amazing time with Salamander. The group size of 14 was perfect, Booking was easy, the info given before hand was good though some details on kit could be improved. However, the office responded to queries very promptly. During the tour, Luke who was our guide was excellent. He is very well informed. He gave very clear instructions for the day and in the evenings, informed us of what was in store the following day too, including the local weather forecasts (which too happened to be accurate!!!). The Tour itself is fantastic with amazing views. I would recommend Salamander Guided tours in particular to get the most out of this trek."
"I recently completed the guided Tour Mont Blanc (Sept.4-14). Phil and Natalie helped me through all the administrative details and answered ALL my questions immediately both by email and phone. Luke, our guide, was awesome! The accommodations and food were great. The trails were challenging and varied .... and the views - incredible! I highly recommend Salamander Adventures."
"I took part in a guided Tour de Mont Blanc in July 2018. It was an experience I'd love to repeat & wouldn't hesitate in recommending Salamander Adventures. Everything was organised brilliantly from the very first response I received after booking to the end of the trip. I can't praise Salamander enough. They were friendly & professional. The route & accommodation was well planned & very well thought out. Suzy our guide was very knowledgeable & made everything run smoothly. I was particularly impressed with how quickly & easily we checked into our accommodation & with how well organised all the eating arrangements were from the picnic lunches which were always with incredible views, to the evening meals most of which were included in the price. The hotels & hostels were all of a good standard. The group were made up of many different ages & nationalities. All were quite experienced hikers having done various other trips beforehand. The Tour de Mont Blanc had some very challenging ascents & descents but we were made aware of that in the information provided beforehand. A highlight for me on our rest day was going up in the skyway cable car.........not to be missed. We were lucky with the weather. Most of the snow had melted although we did have to cross several snow paths. The first two days were misty & very wet. I had considered doing the trip 'self guided' as I have done several different ones in the past. I am really glad I didn't. Although there were signposts, there were places that weren't clearly marked & when the mist came down would have been difficult to find. It was good doing the circuit clockwise as it meant during the mornings we often had the route to ourselves. We also had the easier days at the beginning giving us a chance to acclimatise to the hikes. We were lucky to have a fantastic like-minded bunch of people. We all got on really well. A trip & company I would recommend without any hesitation to people who like a challenge & who enjoy demanding hikes."
"The company was efficient in every aspect of the trip - ease of booking, fast response to any query that arose and exceptionally helpful. I would certainly use the company again. They also employ excellent guides if my experience is anything to go by."
"We had guided TMB with Luke. He was an amazing guide! So patient and helpful! Thank you, Luke:) The whole trip was organized exceptionally well! The planning, hotels, food, rest everything was absolutely spot on. There is nothing I would've wanted to change about it. The price is very reasonable for the service provided. I hope to use this company in the future and would highly recommend it!"
"Overall our experience of using Salamander Adventures was very good. Not a company I had heard of before, however their overall package and cost was very competitive. Booking process was straightforward and booking details, route descriptions etc all provided in a timely manner. The office were great in answering questions, providing advice and booking an additional night prior to the walk starting. All the accommodation we stayed in was great, with friendly staff and lovely food. We had a couple of nights staying in Auberges, and these were lovely and homely, food was great and they were a good way to socialize with other walkers. We chose to go self-guided, which worked out very good for us. A guided walk ran in parallel, and stayed in mostly the same accommodation and whilst we didn’t eat or socialise to much with the guided group, it was reassuring to have a guide at hand to answer any questions. Unlike a number of operators, Salamander Adventures walk the TMB in a clock-wise direction this worked out OK, and whilst going against the flow of other walkers it didn’t really cause any problems. Generally the route guide provided by Salamander Adventures was OK, however on a few occasions this needed to be checked against an IGN map or GPS. I would definitely recommend Salamander Adventures to others."
"Brilliant holiday - views were amazing."
"The luggage & hotel arrangement is very good."
"I just completed the self-guided Tour du Mont Blanc that Salamander Adventures offers. I have nothing but rave reviews for Salamander towards all aspects of this trip. Starting with their communication promptness and efficiency on emails to their attention to detail for any alternative accommodation arrangements, everything was top notch and exactly as described. I traveled in a group of 4 women and we all felt that Salamander was beyond our expectations and would recommend this company to anyone. I hope to use Salamander again sometime soon!"
"Well-organised and caring attitude. Rooms and hotels were of a high standard. The suggestions for activities were most helpful. Highly recommended."
"The trip was phenomenal! At first I was hesitant as the itinerary goes clockwise vs the traditional counter-clockwise route, but as soon as we got going I knew that it was a great decision! Many a day we would say how glad we were to be going in the direction we were. Our tour guide Luke was outstanding, doing a great job managing our group of ten. He provided a lot of interesting information that I would not have had if I had done the TMB self-guided. Everything from the food to accommodations to size of group and mix of people on the trip were great. I did a lot of research for this trip and Salamander was a lot lower price for the same or better quality trip as other outfitters. I wouldn't hesitate to travel with them again!"
"We had a wonderful trekking holiday thanks to Salamander. Everything went without a hitch. We selected Salamander because of their quick responses to our questions, the fact that their route goes clockwise and the quality of accommodations - and we are so happy we did. We were able to spend our days focused on enjoying the hiking and scenery and not worried about any details because Salamander had us covered."
"We had an experience of a lifetime on the self-guided TMB. Salamander does all the planning for you; you just need to hike from point A to point B and enjoy all of the beautiful scenery and culture along the way. Salamander was very easy to work with and very responsive to our questions. Luggage transport was a big plus. Their trip costs beat out most of their competitors and we still had an unbeatable experience. We would book with Salamander again without reservation. Thanks for the very memorable trip!"
"Great leader who interacted well with all group members. He was patient and encouraging. He was flexible with the route particularly one day when that better suited the group. There was adequate time for each day's hike. The accommodations in small hotels was a great way to go. Most of the food was excellent. The variety of people in the group kept it interesting."
"Highly recommend Salamander Adventures for Tour of Mont Blanc. They exceeded our expectations in every way. From quick responses to questions when booking to getting us from the airport to our first lodging. Our guide Luke Emms was excellent in accommodating individual paces, goal setting, historical knowledge, and getting to know everyone in the group. Lodging and the food was better than I expected and had some fun surprises. The scenery of the Alps grabs you at every bend in the trail."
"The Tour de Mt. Blanc was my 1st experience with Salamander and I would say all aspects were fabulous. Our guide, Luke, was knowledgeable of the area and its history and was most accommodating to all individual needs. If all Salamander tours are as well organized as this one, I would love to do others. Food and accommodations exceeded my expectations and, of course, the scenery was spectacular. Excellent trip!!!!!!!"
"Competent and quick responses to questions. Very clear itinerary and booking platform with which to engage the trip commitment. More than competent, considerate and above all knowledgeable guide who went out of his way to ensure the group stayed on course even with differing trekking paces. The guide ensured that at food allergies were accommodated for at every accommodation stop and lunches. Couldn't be either happier nor appreciative enough for competence of the guide both for logistics and historical knowledge."
"We had a wonderful trip with Salamander. Our guide, Luke was really great. He was knowledgeable and personalbe and always available for whatever anyone needed. I would recommend both the trip and Salamander without reservation."
Salamander Adventures is rated 4.93 based on 101 reviews