Salamander Adventures Reviews

of reviewers recommend Salamander Adventures
Read Salamander Adventures Reviews

info@salamanderadventures.co.uk

Tell us how Salamander Adventures made you happy
Our Dolomites Traverse trek was outstanding, we were so lucky with the weather and everything else that it will be hard to better ever again. So much of the enjoyment was thanks to our excellent guide, who with good humour paid close attention to everyones' general progress and wellbeing.
A great trek through the startling scenery of the Dolomites with a really nice group of people and well-led by Nigel.
We had an outstanding experience trekking with Salamander in the Dolomites in the summer of 2019. We had high expectations after a great trek with Salamander in 2016 and this trek exceeded our expectations in every respect. It was challenging, scenic, educational and very social. Best vacation ever!
Great organised group and vibes. Highly recommend!
What a glorious trip, organised in advance perfectly by Natalie and led in an exemplary way by Neil from Salamander, Wondeful, thank you joe
Trip notes very accurate good hotels and locations great walks my first time to dolomites my 4th trip with Nigel Lewis very good team leader thanks for great memories Paul Dickinson
We loved the whole experience of the Tour du Mount Blanc. We were happy with our experience with Salamander Adventures and would look to use them again in the future.
The trek was fantastic. Our guide Luke, who participated in 15 previous Mont Blanc tours was fabulous, taking excellent care us as if we were his children. Salamander Adventures took care of all the planning and all the details. They published a very detailed 10 page itinerary, which was followed to the letter. This itinerary is a must read, giving very important information if your planning this trek. I highly recommend Salamander Adventures for their great abilities to put toghter a complete, end to end, trek, if your planning a trip. Mike
We recently completed the TMB Trek. In short it was great! All questions prior to booking were answered quickly even with the time difference between the EST and GMT timezones. Luke our guide was professional and dealt well with the varying speeds of the group. He was very knowledgeable about the various geography of the trek and highlighted things you may have missed otherwise. The daily picnic was wonderful and the company on the trip was wonderful. We will definitely consider Salamander again for a European Trecking vacation.
Really great TMB trek. Very impressed with the Salamander team when we were booking. Quick responses to enquiries and very well informed and helpful. The trek itself was wonderful Luke our guide was really outstanding. He was really friendly and encouraging, coped with a mixed speed group and was always really professional. The walking was challenging in places but the scenery was truly stunning.
Our TMB with Salamander Adventures was splendid. Our tour was from 7/10 to 7/20. Our guid Peter Mayers is very knowledgeable, caring and considering. He made sure the route we did each day and section were safe. Along the way, he used any chances to let us know the details of the mountains, flowers, local cultures and histories. He took care everyone's need and always ensured we reach our destiny on time each day. We love the places we stayed. All the hotels and refuges we stayed were clean and welcoming. The breakfast and dinners at these places were well made and delicious. From beginning after we did registration, whenever we sent questions, we always got very detailed and promptly emails with answers from Salamander. We highly recommend Salamander to everyone who needs trekking guid services.
Booked a guided tour of Mont Blanc with Salamander. The booking process was easy and my booking was confirmed straight away so that we could make travel arrangements. We were sent just the right amount of information prior to the trip. Our guide, Peter, was knowledgeable, chatty, thoughtful and kept us on the right track. The accommodation was good and the food varied. A great trek with a like minded group.
We had a wonderful time on our Tour du Mont Blanc trek led by the fabulous Simon Munnings. Simon has extensive knowledge of the flora, fauna, geology, and history of the Alps. Plus, he's hilarious! Our guide and the camaraderie of our group truly added to our enjoyment of the trip. Food and acommodations were excellent everywhere.
Great guide, bilingual French/English. expert on TMB, flora, and so much else. Dealt effectively with challenges of people of differing capabilities. Affable, available and able, as they say. Accomodations and food fine. Salamander managed to do my last minute booking in no time flat. Thanks for that. *read the tour plan carefully. My tour included gondola-style lifts, bus, and train as well as walking to make for not overly long days.
I totally agreed with all the comments from other members of my TMB (7/10-21) group. Everything about the trip has exceeded my expectations. Our guide Peter was organized and considerate. He worked hard to make sure everyone was well taken care of. He even bought me a blueberry pie so I could have dessert with the rest of the group when the refugio couldnt accommodate my dietary restrictions. I would go with Salamander again without hesitation.
An extremely well organised and coordinated trek across the Dolomites, led by the very experienced guide Simon Cunnings. Walking at a good pace with steep inclines and descents on most days made this quite a challenging trek but nonetheless very enjoyable. High standard of hotel accommodation throughout, even the mountain refuges were very clean and food was of high standard with Austrian and Italian influenced choices. Regional local wines were excellent and plentiful, plus of course, local beer! Due to late snow & icy conditions in some higher parts, and also unpredictable weather on a few days, the guide made wise and informed decisions about slight itinerary changes which didn’t take away the enjoyment of the daily treks. All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable trek in stunning scenery with a great group of fellow walkers made this an outstanding holiday and I would not hesitate to recommend Salamander to anyone interested in point to point trekking. I look forward to experiencing similar challenging itineraries elsewhere with the company.
We recently completed the guided TMB tour (7/10-7/20) with Peter from Salamander Adventures. Peter is well versed with the trail conditions and very considerate with the group’s special needs. Each day of trekking has section of challenging ascending and/or descending, but the view is so worth it. I would highly recommend Salamander Adventures for all aspects from ease of booking, quick response to pre-trip questions, reasonable price, good accommodations and food. It was truly a memorable experience and true food for the soul.
Earlier this month I completed Salamander's Tour du Mont Blanc trek with Peter Myers as our guide. The trip was outstanding in every respect, vastly exceeding my expectations. Salamander did a marvelous job of organizing the trek. But what really made this a special experience was our immense good fortune in having Peter as our guide. He is experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, caring, and just plain fun to hike with. This was my first trip with Salamander and I look forward to trekking with them again in the not-too-distant future.
A challenging adventure: Dolomite traverse June -July 2019 The Salamander trek across the Dolomite's lived up to the high expectations we had. It was a challenging week of hiking up big mountains combined with having fun with a great group of people from around the world. Early summer in the Alps was beautiful with all the flowers, green grass, water falls, and a little snow still remaining. This was our second hike with Simon as our mountain guide and he provided the expertise and flexibility to set a good pace for everyone, keep us aware of the important history and geology of the area, and set up the group to have an enjoyable trip. The Refugio's selected had excellent food, wine, and accommodations. The hotels were comfortable and well located (be prepared for only natural air conditioning). The breakfasts in Italy are fantastic along with the coffee! Be prepared for cold (hail), rain (constant), and heat (34 C) as all can occur up in the Dolomite's! The rest day in Cortina provided a lot of options to enjoy and relax.
I recently competed the Tour de Mont Blanc with Salamander Adventures. I was very happy with the organisation of the Tour from beginning to end. The friendliness of the staff during the booking and planning was commendable. The organisation of the accommodation while on the tour was excellent and the quality of the accommodation was better than I had expected. We had an excellent guide who managed to set a pace suitable for all members of the group. Our guide was professional, caring, informative and had a good sense of humour. I would have no hesitation in travelling with Salamander again and am happy to recommend the company.
Salamander Adventures is rated 4.92 based on 138 reviews