Salamander Adventures Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Salamander Adventures

How would you rate Salamander Adventures ?

Veronika Majerciakova
"This was our first time trekking TMB route. We have thoroughly enjoyed it, although some parts of the trek were physically challenging. It was well organised by Salamander Advantures, making the whole trip "the best lifetime trekking experience ". The nature was amazing and the view of Alps magnificent."
Lesli Cottom
"Great trip! Salamander was a pleasure to work with. The accommodations were wonderful, the food at each place we stayed was outstanding and the trek was simply breathtaking. Our trek through the Dolimites was something I will never forget."
"Used Salamander tours again in 2017 for the Matterhorn to Eiger trip. Again was not disappointed. The trip was Epic! Awesome views and daily hikes. Included a nice mix of hiking out of Zermatt using one hotel as the base and also point-to-point trekking using family owned refuges. Luke the leader is very accommodating, kind and experienced. We added the Jungfrau Top of Europe day trip which was great. Highly recommend Salamander Tours and this Switzerland trek. Physically challenging yet very rewarding. Salamander tours takes care of all the details allowing one to really enjoy the trip."
"Absolutely loved my Tour du Mont Blanc experience and would highly recommend Salamander. We were so lucky to have Simon as our guide. He was amazing. The accommodation was far better than I had expected and the food was fantastic. Phil was really helpful when I contacted him before the trip with queries. All round an excellent company to go trekking with. I would definitely go on another adventure with Salamander again."
"I enjoyed a fantastic TMB hike with Salamander. Booking: Smooth and helpful. Prompt replies from Natalie and Phil. Accommodations: Clean and comfort, food was good. Guide: Thanks to Susie, helpful and patient."
"My husband and I had a great 11 day (July 3-13, 2018) Tour Du Mont Blanc experience with Salamandar and would highly recommend them to anyone wishing to do a full TDM!! They are by far the most reasonably priced and responsive operator. I think they hire very experienced guides. Our guide (Luke) was very good - He’s knowledgeable, experienced and also very patient and flexible. We feel very well guided and safe under his care (especially myself who is the least experienced of the entire hiking group). Hotels and meals were good (two nights we had to share bathroom but there weren’t much options in those two locations). When the guide ran out of time to buy our picnic lunch, He gets support from the company to get things organized so the whole trip was very well managed and executed . I would definitely use them again ! Rebecca Lee (Singapore)"
"Very recommended. Perfect organized. Our guide was great (Luke Emms).You don't have to worry about the quality of the service or choice of accommodation at all. Go for it with Salamander !!!"
"The guided TMB organised by Salamander was outstanding. You don't have to worry about the quality of the service or choice of accommodation at all. Simon, our guide, was very knowledgeable and fun. As a solo traveller, I had some reservations before going but needn't have worried - best holiday I have had in years! But this is a trek so you will need to be fit and be able to walk on different terrains for several hours a day on consecutive days - my poor knees are still recovering but it's worth it!"
"This is a quality treking adventure that combines the comradery of a group tour with exciing walking in the Alps as promised. Good leading, hotels and hostels with character and interest. Suits walkers with the required fittness to tackle the TMB"
"We decided to hike the TMB with Salamander based on positive reviews & the excellent communication with Natalie & Phil. Make no mistake, the TMB is not « a walk in the park ». Salamander explains in detail what you can expect on this challenging & arduous 10 day trek: 18 - 24 km days (6-8 hours of actual hiking) & daily ascents/descents of anywhere between 700 to 1100 mètres. Not for the faint of heart. We found the 1st couple of day's hiking pace a bit fast (possibly bc there was some overcast/rain & the guide wanted to get through the day quickly?) My husband & I are above average fitness levels for 65, have hiking experience & we trained months before our July start, but still we needed to ice our knees. The 3* hotels were very good as were the breakfasts & dinners. It was great to know that at the end of the day you’d have your own room (beds were excellent), a hot shower and/or bath & often a spectacular panoramic view from your balcony ), For lunch our guide, Suzie, bought picnic provisions daily, which included delicious local cheeses, cold cuts veggies, fruit & baguettes. All very appetizing & filling. We highly recommend SalamanderAdventures."
"My wife and I did our TMB with Salamander in July 2018 and we can say that our decision in choosing them was the right one. From answering our numerous questions to accommodating our special requests, everything was ironed out before we left for Geneva. Also, their choice of hotels exceeded our expectations, being well-located, comfortable, and had good ambience with often great views. In every place we stayed the staff were polite and helpful. But I think the company's strength is that the people planning your trip know the TMB very well, having run the tour for many years. Even though we were on a self-guided trek, they were looking out for us and provided good support. Also, the benefits of the clockwise route were exactly as described in their website. It starts out easy and gradually builds up, with the tougher sections in the latter part of the trip. We also liked the fact that we were not hiking in the same direction as the big crowd, so that the beginning and end of the day were noticeably more quiet on the trail. Philip, Natalie and Simon are great to deal with and arranged for us a truly memorable trip."
"A very well organised and enjoyable trek. The accommodation was first class. A particular well done and thank you to our Guide (Simon) who despite many challenges caused by a small section of fellow trekkers, managed to maintain a sense of humour. I am happy to recommend Salamander to anybody looking for a well organised trek."
"Salamandra's TMB was great! Great trek partition, hotels, explanations and service. Thanks to Natalie, Philip and Suzzane. I would defenetly take their service sgain."
"Well arranged. Good accommodations Great guide (Susie). Reasonable price and trustworthy all the way."
"The trip to the Dolomites wit Salamader tours was amazing. I felt we were very well taken care of from the moment we were picked up at the airport. The accommodations and food were way over the top. I loved the hiking, fantastic scenery, something different every day. Our guide Simon was very knowledgeable about the plants, geology and history. It was a trip of a lifetime for me, I recommend Salamander tours highly. Excellent 👍🏻"
"I had a great adventure for my first hike! I may have taken on more than I could chew, but I did alright. The Dolomites were beautiful. Everywhere you turned the scenery was breathtaking. All I kept saying was Wow. The accommodations and food were fantastic, this being my first trip, I think a group of 14 may be a bit big. How does the guide manage to keep an eye on everyone? Some hikers are half an hour ahead of others. All unfamiliar territory to me so not sure the big time gaps between the fastest and the others was normal. Simon was very knowledgable about local vegetation and history which was good and he was very personable. All in all, the trip was great. For me, it could have been cut down by 2 days. I was pretty tired. Or maybe the days could be an hour or two shorter. It was a very technical hike, so hard on the knees, lol. Mine are pretty good, but I did hear some of the others say they hurt. Hope this helps. I would give it a 4/5 rating overall."
"The trip was fabulous, albeit a bit more challenging than I thought it would be, but well worth the effort. I loved the variety of accommodations and towns arranged by Salamander. We were self-guided and so didn’t have any personal interaction with Salamander staff. The directions they sent were fine...it would have helped to have had a bit more clarity, particularly in exiting towns to reconnect with the trails. All-in-all though, Salamander gave us good value for he money."
"Loved the trek . Liked the fact we traveled clockwise so we only met people going the opposite direction around mid day time. Tour maps and trip notes were easy to follow and it was also easy to divert a bit off the main track"
"We were a group of 14 and spent most of our hike on uncrowded trails. The flowers were amazing, and Simon our guide was very knowledgeable about flowers, geology, and history. We also loved staying at hotels and refugios, especially the smallest and most remote of the refugios."
"We booked a last minute self guided TMB with Salamander and they were strait on it. Within a few hours they had confirmed all our hotels and booked our luaggage transfers. We enjoyed the whole trip, tho it was really hot. The views were great and the trail was pretty easy to follow with the trail notes they sent us. Hotels were better than expected on all nights except at la Forclaz which was below expectations, tho we realize there was no alternative. My wife's vegetarian diet was no problem for the hotels. The only problem is that salamander only offer the TMB self guided. We want to go on other self guided treks with them, but they don't seem to offer them."
"Just completed TMB with Salamander, it was fantastic and loved all aspects of this trek. Cant thank enough the Tour guide Luke, he is the best and was extremely helpful and knowledgeable of the route. Also, the hotels and the choices of meals chosen by Salamander was just superb. Lastly, on our first day the Director of Salamander, Phil had joined us on the trek and his passion for trekking was just amazing. I am writing this highly positive review since everything was just perfect, Highly recommend Salamander,"
Salamander Adventures is rated 4.91 based on 79 reviews