Present Company Reviews

of reviewers recommend Present Company
Read Present Company Reviews

About Present Company:

Although a successful business, we have remained small enough to ensure we are able to control all aspects of our buying – especially in respect of our long-standing commitment to fairly traded products from the developing world.

We make regular overseas visits to meet our suppliers, in countries including: Indonesia, India, Nepal and Thailand. We deal directly with suppliers; often family-run businesses operating out of their homes. Such employment helps to maintain small economic communities; allowing people to remain in their own villages, instead of having to migrate and seek work in cities - where prospects and living conditions are usually poor and family/ community support often non-existent.

We seek to establish long term relationships with our suppliers – some have been supplying us for in excess of 20 years. We buy at fair prices and pay all our suppliers to agreed terms. We pay our suppliers in the developing world a percentage cash payment ‘up front’; allowing them to source materials and take on additional craftspeople to fulfil our orders. In this way they are able to avoid loan sharks who seek to charge exorbitant interest rates on small, vulnerable businesses. We believe that business should be fair, ethical and beneficial for all.

33 Market Place Shopping Centre, Burgess Hill,

Tell us how Present Company made you happy
Very prompt delivery, good quality cards. The packaging though secure and protective of the cards, was rather on the large side, perhaps a smaller package or padded envelope.
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to learn that the cards arrived safely. Thank you for your suggestions re packing. We find that cards are extremely vulnerable to damage, usually from modern letter boxes which are tightly sprung or from falling to the floor and crushing as the front door is opened against the package. We upcycle our packaging whenever we can, drawing on clean, discarded waste from our neighbours. When that is not possible we use recyclable cardboard packaging which we brace with parcel tape. We do not use padded envelopes as they offer little integrity against crushing and cannot be recycled. They are also expensive. Thank you again for your interest. We shall continue to do all we can to ensure the safe delivery of undamaged orders while doing all we can to address environmental concerns.
Delivered very prompt well packed
Super different and individual gifts.. Delivery in 48hrs ! Carefully packaged and good communication re delivery . Highly recommended:)
My order was processed very quickly & efficiently. It arrived very nicely packed within a couple of days. Thank you! 😊👍🏼
Well packed and quick to deliver
I loved the bracelets both very reasonable and delivered on time.just a bit of disappointment 1 of the oval stones came out but l have managed to put it back in.
Thank you so much for your kind review. We will be in touch re the loose stone to sort that out for you.
Good selection of items for presents. Quality of items received is good
I bought a wall hanging. Love it. Only problem is how to hang it. Three hanging points means it sags in between. I’ll have to fit some Velcro or similar to fix it.
Thank you for the kind review. We are very pleased that you like your wall hanging. You are right that sagging can be an issue when hanging. Velcro should work well. Personally, when I hang these I use 2" x 1" planed timber (50 x 100mm) which is easiest and best I find. A thick dowel rod works well also. The hanging points can pin or staple to the wood so that the fabric hangs well. Hope this helps!
the goods arrived safely they are in good condition and im sure our customers will like them.
Lovely goods! Prompt delivery and well packed for protection! Thankyou
whilst I was happy with the contents of my order I had rather a lot of trouble receiving it. I had e-mails with regard to delivery day and time, I was in all day parcel was not delivered and the worst thing when I traced the parcel it had been signed for with my christain name, but not by me. I phoned the parcel office that day and explained what had happened and was told they would sort it out. I received the parcel 2 days later.I am now wary of Royal Mail deliveries in my area,ie will they arrive!!!
Thank you for your review. We were pleased that you were happy with your order. However, we were very disappointed that the delivery of your order brought you problems. We have used Royal Mail to deliver our internet orders ever since we started and we find their services extremely reliable, and so we are very sorry indeed that you experienced difficulties.
Beautiful gift for my friend who was so pleased with her heart. Very prompt delivery. Would definitely recommend and use this company again.
Ordered East of India puppies one for my daughter and one for myself just as a remainder as she has recently lost her beloved spaniel. Very happy with the process or order and deliver just slightly disappointed with the quality conrol as one of the "puppies" had a slight defect but in view of the cost felt it was not worth returning however slightly disappointed this was not picked up prior to despatch.
Very nice footstool and lamp which add colour to a room.
Great induvidual products delivered promptly and packaged well.
I received the pewter elephant ring holder with the 'S' shaped trunk. The curl at the end of the trunk is quite tight and you could probably only managed to fit a slim ring on it. That said, the elephant has a great deal of charm and would make a lovely ornament even if you didn't want to hook a ring on it. Delivery was very prompt.
Great items as described, delivery was a little on the slow side, but overall very good .
Thank you for your kind review which is very much appreciated. We were sorry to hear that delivery was slow. You ordered on Tuesday evening, we despatched the following day (Wednesday) and Royal Mail reports that they delivered on Friday. We would be most grateful if you could let us know when Royal Mail did actually deliver to you. Your order and your feedback is very much appreciated.
Cute little Christmas Decks ordered,delivery was sooner than i expected.Packaged well for delivery,found the site via another link.Will be shopping at the site again.Thanks
Fast service and great quality and reasonable priced will definitely order again
Great service