Nationwide Mobility Reviews

of reviewers recommend Nationwide Mobility
Telephone
Read Nationwide Mobility Reviews

About Nationwide Mobility:

Nationwide Mobility is one of the UK's leading bathing solutions companies with over 20 years experience and a wide range of products to suit all bathrooms and budgets.

customerservice@nationwide-mobility.co.uk

Nationwide Mobility LtdUnit B13, Armstrong Mall

Tell us how Nationwide Mobility made you happy
Calling your company Nationwide Mobility Company is misleading as you do not employ an occupational therapist to help and advise what is suitable for the health and mobility of the customer. I suffer from osteoarthritis of the knees and I was not advised that the bath would have a 9 inch step. When I complained about the step I was given a very heavy step board and difficult to move, I could not use it as was in the way of the wash basin. I was also given a hand rail which was some help but I still have to be careful that I don’t fall when stepping out of the bath. My friend suffers from vertigo and had a dizzy spell in the shower which led to him falling and caused the shower door to break and there was jagged glass exposed following the breaking of the door frame. It took over a week for the repair to be carried out, however the plastic strip remained loose and means the shower door is sometimes stiff to move, I have had the engineer out to look at it and have been told that when the plastic catches I need to use a screwdriver to straighten it. I paid £279 for the shower door to be repaired and the plastic strip should have been re-fitted correctly. I very much regret buying a bath from your company as all your company is interested in is making money and is not bothered about providing a good service.
My mother purchased a bathmate inflatable bath lift recently. She is 86 and quite frail having spent 4 months in hospital last year with repeated infections. We had a home demonstration in a dry bath which was ok, but she did have several people present to assist and encourage her. With hindsight it would have probably been sensible to have had a wet demonstration because she is simply unable to cope with it when the bath is full of water and has had to be pulled out of the bath by myself and my brother on two separate occasions when she has slipped off the front of the seat, with the back suckers coming loose. I have tried the bath myself with absolutely no problem, so the bath itself is fine if used by an able bodied person, but it is clear my mother is never going to be able to use it without assistance. Unfortunately, my brother and I live away and she refuses to accept carers coming in so the bath will go unused. The other problem is that she would be unable to get the seat out of the bath to clean it, unaided, due to a lack of strength in her arms, though that would be less of a problem if she would accept help. In hindsight I feel that both myself and your representative should have been a little more hard headed about her capability to use the bath unaided as it does require a certain level of core strength and balance which she clearly lacks. She also tends to panic when the bath starts to inflate which doesn't help to keep her stable. Unfortunately, whilst the product itself is fine for someone capable of using it correctly, it has proved impossible for my mother. I also feel that £995 was somewhat steep for the bathmate, considering some of the prices I have seen for similar items.
Thank you for your comments. The Bathmate does require the user to have some strength and balance and we would urge your mother not to use it if she has come off of the seat. Please do speak to our director, Mr Morris again if your mother might reconsider our offer to exchange the Bathmate. We have access to many other products which would be safe and suitable for someone so frail.
We had a mermaid bath belt for my father and the belt came out from the holder on the floor whilst he was in the bath as you can imagine this is very dangerous for 88 year old. The response from customer service was very quick which is good but it was totally unacceptable that when someone came out to look they just said it couldn’t of happen. Very disappointed with this product and the customer service.
We're sorry for any offence caused and we're very glad your father was unhurt. Our inspector found no issue with the belt or floor bracket and therefore felt it best to re-demonstrate the bath lift, stressing the importance of ensuring the belt is locked into the floor bracket before you begin.
I'm very pleased with the installation it's great not to have to take the telephone into the bathroom in case I couldn't get out of the bath!
We are very pleased to know our product is making the difference to your day to day life as intended. Thank you for your review and we wish you many years of enjoyment with your new bath.
Fitters were brilliant. No messing they just got on with it and cleaned up.
That's lovely to hear, thank you.
Having suffered from arthritis for some years now I thought it time to look into help with bathing, which has been getting harder as my arthritis has spread. Your help with this has been useful. Thank you.
Thank you for your kind comments. We're very glad we were able to help.
Nationwide Mobility is rated 4.72 based on 144 reviews