London Sound Academy Reviews

02035904429

hello@londonsoundacademy.com

Unit 3, 17-19 Bonny Street, Camden

Tell us how London Sound Academy made you happy
Finished my beginner course at LSA Soho last week and already recommended it to two friends of mine. Their tutors were great (I had classes with Marc Spence and Olmo, and they both had a lot of patience to teach!), and the equipment you get to use is the best. Last but not least, it was a lot of fun too!
Fully recommend this course! Attended lessons with Erin and Noah and aside from being incredibly knowledgeable and easy to go through technical aspects with. They also helped me a lot with going over very specific areas in which I was unsure about with working in the DJ booth. If you're currently looking to transition into playing out or looking to update your skillset, the advanced course covers a great deal. But having experienced djs to run through things specific to your setup throughout is invaluable.
The overall DJ course and the ongoing support you get from all of the tutors is simply phenomenal. Every tutor I worked with was super patient, knowledgable and super friendly and nice which made my overall learning experience very smooth. I highly recommend LSA to anyone looking to learn how to DJ or to sharpen their skills.
DJ name is Binzy. I joined the LSA family in January of this year after a stint learning how to DJ elsewhere. I lost confidence when everything went horribly wrong at a gig and I thought I had lost my hearing as I didn’t realise I was ‘hunting for the beat’ the wrong way.

Buster fixed this after watching me play for 5mins. That’s totally gangsta. His words were “you have very good rhythm, and have not lost your hearing, you're just doing it the wrong way”.

The value LSA has given me with no experience whatsoever and being inundated with the different controls and knobs on a deck to being very confident at this.

Shout out goes to Buster as my first tutor and Ben P who subsequently has fine-tuned my skills.
I just finished the DJ beginner course with Noah and Samantha and I just want to say that I had such a great experience. Both of you are amazing and inspirational DJs and tutors and I had so much fun learning from you guys. I can't wait to learn even more! Thank you so much!
I highly recommend this academy to anyone who is interested in music and or djing. Started this course with pretty much no knowledge of djing and within a year played my first set at the Ministry of Sound. All the staff are excellent and very friendly especially my tutor Kieran Wilson.
Just wanted to say a quick thank you and give a shout out to Kieran for the tutelage. I had a blast and am taking away very valuable knowledge.

Before LSA, I had only looked at a Pioneer CDJ and felt completely overwhelmed and unworthy. Now, I feel confident enough to find my way around and rock a wicked, club set!

I never wanted to leave once lessons were done for the day. I just felt so at home and inspired and inspiration used to be such a struggle for me. Numerous occasions I would stand in front of my kit and just feel 'bleh' like it was becoming a chore rather than the joy it once brought me.

LSA has resurrected my younger, state of mind if that is even possible.
I am thinking about sets/crates again; I just feel inspired to play!
LSA has been a Muse in my life and for that, I am forever grateful!

I've had the best time at LSA and would highly recommend it to any aspiring Deejaying, professional or anyone just interested in how in what it takes to be behind the decks.
I had no DJ experience previous to doing the LSA course and was a bit apprehensive before starting. I've just completed the intermediate course and have really enjoyed it. All my lessons have been with Noah who has been great, he put me at my ease at the outset and teaches in an engaging and hands-on way. The kit you learn on is professional grade and they cater for a wide variety genre. If you've ever been curious about DJing or looking for a present for someone who is I would totally recommend it.
Just completed my final lesson in the advanced course. Loved every minute of the journey - I've learnt loads and the tutors have been amazing....very patient and very generous with their time and expertise. Big shout out to Phil, Erin and Harry for getting me over the line. And to Buster - always on it (do you sleep?) with advice and for sorting out some great equipment. Thanks guys!
I did the beginner production and advanced djing with Erin - really enjoyed both courses and learnt a hell of a lot. Erin’s got a real in-depth knowledge but got it across really clearly, and straight away ironed out some bad habits in my djing. Also the support in the LSA community after graduating sets this course way apart from anything else I did. Definitely recommend - I’ll be going back for intermediate and advanced production later this year.
I recently completed the Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced DJ courses with LSA. I had such a great experience and enjoyment from start to finish.
While creating a great and clear structure to each course level, they are also fantastic at making sure you get the focus required to brush up on the areas which need attention to ensure you build the confidence and skills levels.
I’m really glad I took up the recommendation to learn with LSA and couldn’t recommend them more.
Huge thank you to Ben S and Erin for all their patience, support and guidance!
Look forward to getting started on Music Production next!
Just finished my beginners course at LSA last weekend. The course was absolutely fantastic! I had different tutors for each one of my lessons, and it was great!

1st lesson - Harry introduced me to MiK and Rekordbox software, explained the theory behind harmonics and showed me the ropes with the Pioneer gear.

2nd lesson - Noah taught me about some more advanced features on the mixer and CDJs, and introduced me to the musical phrasing - a massive eye opener!

3rd lesson - Ben P showed me how to improve my beat matching and we went through some beat matching exercises. He introduced me to using loops on the CDJs and also showed me how to use the effects on the mixer - so cool!

4th lesson - Samantha gave me a quick refresher on all the previous lessons, and explained to me how to go to beyond being a beginner and what opportunities will be available with LSA once I graduate. In the end she got me to record a 40 minute mix and gave me fantastic feedback on how I can improve!

A solid 10 out of 10 for LSA! I was so pumped up after my last lesson, I signed up for and booked my Intermediate and Advanced lessons the same day.

I cannot recommend LSA highly enough! Looking forward to my Intermediate and Advanced courses! Once that is done, I'll be going ahead for music production!

Thanks LSA!

P.S. looking forward to you guys helping me come up with a DJ name!
Just finished my advanced course with Noah and cannot praise him and everyone enough for renewing my passion for music and teaching me skills I never thought in a million years I would have. Noah is an amazing tutor.... unrivalled knowledge, passion and curiosity for music that is infectious as well as amazing patience...Google and YouTube should be paying you a commission! I would highly recommend to anyone with quirky music taste or who likes freestylin' a bit.....he is a real creative..not your formulaic type of tutor by any stretch. Most importantly I have had the BEST time...when you are having this much fun learning is easy. So all my thanks to Noah, Olmo for my beginner's classes and the rest of the team. See you at the H&G
I purchased a pair of turntables not really knowing how to DJ. I found out about LSA and booked my courses. Since completing the courses I’ve learnt a hell of a lot with my tutor Noah who knows the whole thing inside out!! Sound guy to learn with, has brilliant knowledge on the turntables and cdj’s and can answer literally any question you have! Noah has a quality way of teaching you and he makes the lessons really enjoyable! It was a pleasure to have you as my tutor! Would recommend. Big ups!
Love it! Been using LSA since 2010 from kings X too Camden too Shoreditch. Equipment has always top of the range and Buster has been nothing but supportive on my journey. From tips with mixing too helpful advice on how too promote myself getting me gigs in various major events in bars and clubs including a prime time set at the launch night of the Cube project in London and has even done a write up on me. LSA has been behind many of most memorable moments in music and hopefully more too come.
It's more than just a DJ school. It's a way of life. I'm proud to be a part of LSA's community and have spun alongside my fellow graduates at Egg, Ministry of Sound and in Ibiza!
London Sound Academy is rated 4.96 based on 116 reviews